Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

Day 5/7 of my consecutive shift heck. Boy howdy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lizard Wizard posted:

you can do this, liz wiz, i believe in your ability to survive hamburger shift hell. beans believes in you too and wants you to have a good day.

Historical Wizards

There was a news story on the radio just a bit ago, and it was an interview with a "part-time clown", and that is pretty great.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Historical Wizards posted:

There was a news story on the radio just a bit ago, and it was an interview with a "part-time clown", and that is pretty great.

i'm a full time clown

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Takane

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

I once had to work 13 days in a row of 7 hour shifts I feel your pain buddy

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
any NC yobbers? the flooding is really really bad so stay safe.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

mister magpie posted:

worried about pali, our nc ambassador to the yob and resident yarn-witch.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

femcastra posted:

I'm quitting facebook, and I made a big serious post about it on facebook so I can't chicken out of it.

Oh no. :ohdear: Did you do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcHNnI2mh4

wigglin

Hi BYOB I am posting here for fun

City of Glompton

hi Pete

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Macnult

Pete Zah posted:

Hi BYOB I am posting here for fun

that's the best reason to post here imo

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Anybody remember blockbuster? They had nifty commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_BZPuV-_kQ

jorty

grump_dog.jpg
blockbuster died when they gave me only the first disc of ff13 on 360 when they closed and sold their stuff here

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Whew. What the heck was up with them in the last years? I read a good article in the "companies circling the drain" thread in gibbis in The Before Time. I think this is it:

http://daindunston.com/when-blockbuster-forgot-what-business-they-were-in/

I felt it was a good investigative look. Read it if you have some time :)

How's everyone's night going?

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!

FluffieDuckula posted:

I did this years ago and my life dramatically improved

This is good news!

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Nope, thankfully coz I like the people on my facebook. Plus I'm aware I'm a wanker, so I'm trying not to draw attention to the fact. Just posted my twitter and instagram, and to message if they didn't have my number.

Have had a few people contact me, so that's nice.

Big Mean Jerk

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
But without Facebook how will you get your daily dose of harambe memes and Now This videos?? :ohdear:

jorty

grump_dog.jpg

Wamdoodle posted:

Whew. What the heck was up with them in the last years? I read a good article in the "companies circling the drain" thread in gibbis in The Before Time. I think this is it:

http://daindunston.com/when-blockbuster-forgot-what-business-they-were-in/

I felt it was a good investigative look. Read it if you have some time :)

How's everyone's night going?

thank you for the article :)

tonight is eh, I'm terrible with finding things to do. Hows your night been friend?

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

femcastra posted:

Nope, thankfully coz I like the people on my facebook. Plus I'm aware I'm a wanker, so I'm trying not to draw attention to the fact. Just posted my twitter and instagram, and to message if they didn't have my number.

Have had a few people contact me, so that's nice.

Good job. :)

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Big Mean Jerk posted:

But without Facebook how will you get your daily dose of harambe memes and Now This videos?? :ohdear:

SA supplies all needs. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746906&pagenumber=1

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
I quietly left facebook long ago so I'm not even familiar with this phenomenon..

consider this my belated social media tantrum

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

hamjobs posted:

worried about pali, our nc ambassador to the yob and resident yarn-witch.

I'm here! We didn't get any flooding, just lots of rain and wind. My mom has a house near Cherry Grove beach and we're pretty worried about that. For us personally though, we were closer to being in danger of anything during the riots recently
.speaking of which, I can't really leave fb because my husband's entire family lives in England, and it's the only reliable way to keep them all up to date, especially with the new baby. That said, I've become really aggressive about unfriending people, and had to drop two irl friends who supported assaulting protesters. Politics are one thing, but "if any protesters block my car I'll just run over them" doesn't make you look cool, it just makes you look like a heartless monster.

alnilam

glad you're safe palisader :peanut:

I quietly quit fb about 6 years ago as in i just didn't log on at all, i finally deleted my account a few weeks ago which meant I had to log on for the first time in 6 years and oh man is it different and there is SO much more sponsored content like half of the actual posts are basically ads and then there are the actual sidebar ads :psyduck: it certainly didn't make me hesitate in proceeding with the deletion

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
i only made a few test accounts, but never really used fb

----------------

Salmiakki

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

was that alec baldwin

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

MrWillsauce

guys I need to go to school for something and get a bachelors degree. but I dunno what kind of bachelor I wanna be I need help?

ThingOne

Would you like some tofu?

mister magpie posted:

Not there myself but I've got a lot of family in NC. They're all safe fortunately. Unfortunately, a friend's business got flooded real bad when Fayetteville went under. Still no word on whether he'll be able to reopen.

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

MrWillsauce posted:

guys I need to go to school for something and get a bachelors degree. but I dunno what kind of bachelor I wanna be I need help?

In honor of Halloween get a Bachelors in being a vampire, call yourself Count Bachela.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Big Mean Jerk

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

MrWillsauce posted:

Get on the Big Mean Jerk plan and spend 7 years on and off figuring this poo poo out. This year's major is English! :allears:

wigglin

MrWillsauce posted:

How much would you say you like money?
Do you own a soul? If so, which size?
Do you own a unibrow? If so, which size?

MrWillsauce

I don't like money much at all but I like not starving.
I have a soul and it's decent size I think. I have a tender heart and some kind of conscience. Still an rear end in a top hat though.
I don't have a unibrow but my eyebrows are pretty thick

yeah I am probably gonna go the Big Mean Jerk route

Piso Mojado

Facebook isn't that bad actually. it's good to see babies, marriages, and the travels of all my friends around the world who I would have lost contact with years ago otherwise

MrWillsauce

I've got my associates degree from community college so I can like get into a bachelor's program and start it whenever. I just don't know what to study. But I've been out of school for like a year and I really need to do something with my life and I don't know what to do and I'm scared

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

MrWillsauce posted:

----------------

mysterious frankie

MrWillsauce posted:

I've got my associates degree from community college so I can like get into a bachelor's program and start it whenever. I just don't know what to study. But I've been out of school for like a year and I really need to do something with my life and I don't know what to do and I'm scared

The vast middle of IT is the dumping grounds for people who are capable enough to do work & unwilling to live below a certain income, but too unmotivated\rudderless to work a hustle. You might just want to suck it up and go for that, be the network engineer in the pod who has the funniest coffee mugs.

----------------

mysterious frankie

I wasn't saying that in a judgey way about IT either. I'm occupying a spot in the middle and I'm not even the engineer with the funniest mugs. I don't even drink coffee at work. Oh my life. It's just a good way to pay bills if you don't know what you're doing but also don't want to unload pallets until you fall down grasping your heart and are lost among the stock.

----------------

wigglin

MrWillsauce posted:

I don't like money much at all but I like not starving.
I have a soul and it's decent size I think. I have a tender heart and some kind of conscience. Still an rear end in a top hat though.
I don't have a unibrow but my eyebrows are pretty thick

yeah I am probably gonna go the Big Mean Jerk route

*flips through thousands of pages*
you got journalism

MrWillsauce

mysterious frankie posted:

The vast middle of IT is the dumping grounds for people who are capable enough to do work & unwilling to live below a certain income, but too unmotivated\rudderless to work a hustle. You might just want to suck it up and go for that, be the network engineer in the pod who has the funniest coffee mugs.

that sounds like something I don't wanna be...

social vegan

goddamn that spooky duane av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

okay I guess I'm gonna go to journalism school. Thank you for the vocational advice my friends. wish me luck