Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I just like to read comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hey kids wanna know what your tone absolutely shouldn't be when talking about your racist tirade at a convention?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/08/peter-david-talks-to-bleeding-cool-about-that-new-york-comic-con-panel/

this.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Man, I thought Peter David was supposed to be one of the cool old dudes of comics. I mean, he clearly saw some hosed up poo poo in 1993, going by the photograph he provided (god knows Eastern Europe in the 90s was a pretty horrific place to be for a lot of people), but you'd think he could maybe have realised that might not, in fact, be representative of an entire ethnic group of people. He talks like they still do that today (which, having never been to Bucharest I can't confirm or deny, but what the gently caress, just declaring it's still happening today because you saw it once, 20 years ago is total loving bullshit).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yvonmukluk posted:

Man, I thought Peter David was supposed to be one of the cool old dudes of comics. I mean, he clearly saw some hosed up poo poo in 1993, going by the photograph he provided (god knows Eastern Europe in the 90s was a pretty horrific place to be for a lot of people), but you'd think he could maybe have realised that might not, in fact, be representative of an entire ethnic group of people. He talks like they still do that today (which, having never been to Bucharest I can't confirm or deny, but what the gently caress, just declaring it's still happening today because you saw it once, 20 years ago is total loving bullshit).

It really can't be said enough how crazyballs this is. I know I'm biased as someone who a major chunk of his family is Romanian Roma and all, but this is really like some dude claiming that in the 80's he saw some black person doing some 'welfare queen' cadillac myth poo poo and saying 'so you see all black people are lazy moochers, so shut up' when someone asks about black characters being written poorly.

And then I guess later doubling down with 'and gently caress the person who asked too!!!!!'

If it was any other ethnic group this would be a career killer.

datingvolcanoes
Jan 22, 2006

getting real tired of your shit, steve

Rhyno posted:

Ramos was drawing some stuff for Milestone when Ringo was on Flash. Aside from covers Ringo had left Flash before Impulse spun out of it though. Sal Larocca and Carlos Pacheo were drawing the book during the arc where Wally tried to force Bart into being responsible.
I should know better than to trust my trashbox memory wagon; for everything else, there's Flash Facts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

hey kids wanna know what your tone absolutely shouldn't be when talking about your racist tirade at a convention?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/08/peter-david-talks-to-bleeding-cool-about-that-new-york-comic-con-panel/

this.

"People got upset that I was upset at the crippling of children and not that I made horrifying racist comments about an entire group of people!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

datingvolcanoes posted:

I should know better than to trust my trashbox memory wagon; for everything else, there's Flash Facts.

You weren't far off. 'Ringo drew the issue where Bart debuted and was the main artist up til the Zero issue which was mid 1994. I believe Ramos was dipping into the main DCU as he did two issues of Superboy that summer and then jumped into Impulse in early 1995.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/784812870924115968

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That individual's face skin matches their gloves.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

You weren't far off. 'Ringo drew the issue where Bart debuted and was the main artist up til the Zero issue which was mid 1994. I believe Ramos was dipping into the main DCU as he did two issues of Superboy that summer and then jumped into Impulse in early 1995.

Yep every issue of impulse said created by Waid and 'Ringo. When Inpulse started Ramos was on art.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I cannot wait.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nice Spawn logo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Nice Spawn logo.

Quiet you! That logo rules!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Quiet you! That logo rules!

It rules the 1992 sales charts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sorry you wasted time on something that dumb Lurdiak.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's actually making me crack up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

I'm sorry you wasted time on something that dumb Lurdiak.

Rhyno posted:

That's actually making me crack up.

Worth it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Spawn just likes the logo as well. So much that he just had to rush straight out and have shirts printed.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lurdiak posted:

This might be the best post this thread has produced

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I thought the art with Sam inside the Worldmind and all the stained glass looking stuff in the background was really cool. I'm glad to see that both novas will stick around.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

this.

It really sounds like maiming children is David's trigger and people think he should suck it up.

That's... not how being triggered works I think.

Next time someone is obviously being triggered I think I'm gonna have to set them straight because their little trigger isn't as important as the thing I'm talking about.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I feel bad for David because it is pretty obvious from that statement that he's got a trigger for hurt kids so for some reason when questioned he had some kinda traumatic flashback and then kinda snapped. But I mean he is also using his experience to grossly overgeneralize a group. I think what it boils down to is what David said at the start, he should've left his drat mouth shut.

In fact that seems to be a common trend with writers/artists. Actually just everybody, really. If you're doing a press conference or you're on Twitter, and you have a controversial opinion, and you don't want to take a chance on becoming a pariah, keep your opinion to yourself. Or become a GOP nominee for president heyooooooo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

How did Peter David describe those kids walking?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lobok posted:

How did Peter David describe those kids walking?

holy poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

This actually rules, and I agree the logo is a big 90s, but the art looks good and I hope for the best for a series I probably won't be reading.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey I was just teasin', it's not a bad logo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey I was just teasin', it's not a bad logo.

Your Spawn mashup is still pretty excellent.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ironically nobody is thinking "America #1" right now.

(I'm totally down for that book though, depending on the creative team).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Someone needs to do a Captain America #1 homage where she punches out Trump. Probably not Marvel, but somebody.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Someone needs to do a Captain America #1 homage where she punches out Trump. Probably not Marvel, but somebody.

Black Lady Captain America from the Spider-Gwen universe already punched out a Trump Modok.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Yvonmukluk posted:

Punch Nazi Steve Rogers.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

Black Lady Captain America from the Spider-Gwen universe already punched out a Trump Modok.

But it's not got the same punch as a dimension hopping Hispanic lesbian.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I got reading Champions #1 and liked it a lot. I wish there was more. I've become too accustomed to reading comics in collections.

Maybe I should try something else.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

Someone needs to do a Captain America #1 homage where she punches out Steve cap.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They already did one with FalCap punching out Steve, dammit! I wanna see America punch Cheeto Benito's wig off! :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

They already did one with FalCap punching out Steve, dammit! I wanna see America punch Cheeto Benito's wig off! :colbert:

Marvel doesn't want to show someone punching our future President in the face, obviously.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What should I read if I liked Champions?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

the books for the characters in champions, probably. spider-man (it's just spider-man, no amazing or speculacular or w/e), ms marvel, nova. they were in the avengers until recently so maybe all new, all different avengers

I'm not a fan of totally awesome hulk but that is the book for the hulk in champions

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Marvel doesn't want to show someone punching our future President in the face, obviously.

He'll get a special prosecutor and put Stan Lee in jail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

The tone is 100% different, but if you need an excuse to read Marvel's best comic, find out where Viv came from in the current Vision.

You can get the first colection for $4 right now https://www.comixology.com/Vision-V...C9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

• Locked thread