Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Hillary visited Detroit today so I walked down to check out the Trump supporters protesting outside the venue while wearing an "America Was Never Great" t-shirt. They kept approaching me and I encountered a lot of the standard crazy poo poo about e-mails, Benghazi (one old woman kept saying 'Sicily' for some reason but she was definitely talking about Benghazi), Bill Clinton being a rapist, etc.

On the opposite corner, though, a black man was registering people (mostly students) to vote and Trump supporters were harassing him, claiming that he was only looking to register Hillary voters. At some point, an old angry white dude told a nearby cop car that he was "dropping f bombs and threatening to kill people" and that he was committing voter fraud. I yelled over that he was a lying sack of poo poo and the cops just kind of shrugged at me and drove off. Old angry white dude then laughed and went back to chanting.

Fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

gfsincere posted:

I want her phone number to ask her out on a date.

What can I say, I'm attracted to fucknuts crazy women.

Why are white guys always trying to hook up with crazy women?

j/k

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Dirt posted:

Ken Bone.

Hillary up 14 in the NBC/WSJ poll

That is quite the margin!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The thing Trump was saying about "don't let anyone tell you you're doing fine, you're doing terrible" is not saying the people themselves are terrible. It's a "status quo is terrible you must vote for change candidate" thing.

He deserves any horrible fate for stirring racist mobs for election day though.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

Still catching up on thread but did anyone notice Omarosa.com says it expired? I checked and couldn't register it tho

https://who.is/whois/omarosa.com

Looks like it expired on the 2nd of this month. They usually don't drop back into the public pool until 30-45 days after expiration.
Your odds of snapping it up are 0% though.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

rscott posted:

That is quite the margin!

It won't hold but it's beyond landslide territory if it does.

10 POINTS DOWN

FIRED UP

edit: ok maybe just regular ol' landslide territory, I keep forgetting Obama won in '08 by 11%

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

Hillary visited Detroit today so I walked down to check out the Trump supporters protesting outside the venue while wearing an "America Was Never Great" t-shirt. They kept approaching me and I encountered a lot of the standard crazy poo poo about e-mails, Benghazi (one old woman kept saying 'Sicily' for some reason but she was definitely talking about Benghazi), Bill Clinton being a rapist, etc.

On the opposite corner, though, a black man was registering people (mostly students) to vote and Trump supporters were harassing him, claiming that he was only looking to register Hillary voters. At some point, an old angry white dude told a nearby cop car that he was "dropping f bombs and threatening to kill people" and that he was committing voter fraud. I yelled over that he was a lying sack of poo poo and the cops just kind of shrugged at me and drove off. Old angry white dude then laughed and went back to chanting.

Fuckers.

I don't think cops would kill a black for registering people to vote.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
It looks like all the defections have stopped. Anyone defect today besides Ryan.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

half banana republic half wrestlemania is about an accurate description of a trump presidency there is

Bananapublican.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

fits my needs posted:

Look outside

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fits my needs posted:

they have done so for far less than that

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The Trumpists have won out yes. Any more bombshells will be crippling though.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Great headline: "Donald Trump Has Grabbed the Election by the Breitbart: He is now running a coherent and effective campaign for president of bad comments sections."

ending is the best

quote:

And that play almost certainly made the lives of the Breitbart comments section and the segment of the country that has believed and will continue to believe every awful thing ever floated about the Clintons until the day they die. Trump’s performance wasn’t his worst; to his core supporters, it was easily his best. But he won the race for president of the Breitbart comments section a long time ago. He’s supposed to be trying to win something else.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lockback posted:

Trump hit pretty hard on the "I'll let insurance companies sell across state lines" last night. What is the argument against allowing that? Seemed like an easy way to rack up points and Hillary didn't really say anything about it.

I know this was pages ago, but I want to chime in.

State level monopolies are bad but national level monopolies are much much worse.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
EVEN BETTER THAN WIKILEAKS

EDIT:

Any excuse to post a Gunshow Comic...

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 10, 2016

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Look outside

What do you mean? The cops just shrugged and drove away. Isn't that what you would want to happen in that situation if nothing unlawful is happening?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

berserker posted:

It won't hold but it's beyond landslide territory if it does.

10 POINTS DOWN

FIRED UP

edit: ok maybe just regular ol' landslide territory, I keep forgetting Obama won in '08 by 11%
He won by seven points. 14 (not that it'll likely hold there) would be an Eisenhower level landslide.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

fits my needs posted:

What do you mean? The cops just shrugged and drove away. Isn't that what you would want to happen in that situation if nothing unlawful is happening?

I think he was talking about the lying Trumpista being a sack of crap, not the cop.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Trump needs to make the GOP civil war a reality because that's the only way the House gets put in danger for the GOP, even if he's down a dozen points on election day still.

gfsincere posted:

Sorry for this detail but the Super Nintendo version of Andross is the only real version. gently caress the N64 version.

CascadeBeta posted:

Jesus christ your opinions really are garbage.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

"God can use this man... grab him by the balls."

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

berserker posted:

It was more like 7%

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Well, it's nice to see that he can project onto someone other than Hillary.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

perhaps the tea party is ready for a comeback

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I hope you fuckers have your doctor on speed dial

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/785605970684706820

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

fits my needs posted:

I mean the observable physical reality of 2016 America suggests that yes they totally would

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The thing is, I think it's too late to avoid civil war in the GOP. Ryan saying 'the presidential candidate is going to lose let's focus on blank check stuff' is not going to go over well with Trumpists who feel their candidate just won the day. He might technically be endorsing but openly saying he won't defend him and all is, uh, basically as clear of an unendorsement as shark eyes is ever going to give.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MSNBC just did a bunch of man on the street interviews with a while bunch of human garbage in North Carolina.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Love this image:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/785608388264726529

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Does this mean the tape isn't being released or what?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I don't know how to interpret this. Is this to be taken literally, and we definitely won't be getting anything, or is this a wink wink nudge nudge to an underling to leak it because top-level brass can't be seen authorizing it?

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

WampaLord posted:

One of the guys on Keeping it 1600 said something pretty profound on their latest podcast, that all Trump is thinking about is 10 million subscribers at $7.99/month to his news network.

He doesn't have enough money for a network.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

volts5000 posted:

I was able to take a pic of the tweet. I couldn't find it through my phone to take a screenshot, but here's the tweet.

Three foot signs? Nice estimate.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Trump's problem is that his [The Wall] is almost entirely defensive in nature, which both makes it hard for him to conduct successful attacks (note how he's never been able to build out much past the R base, even at his peak) and means that it is easier to focus on finding the weak points, such as his own past behavior. Hillary's Swarm-type Stand is something of a wildcard, but in many ways this election is being won by Trump's self defeating being adroitly used.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So the Loras poll in Wisconsin has Clinton up 8 but Feingold down 5?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

boner confessor posted:

it's perfectly reasonable for people to be concerned about their children's future
No one's denying that. How do you think his kid will fare with cheetos nazi in the WH? Why do you think he k-bizzy is failing to put two and two together?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bit of a slow news day today, huh?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

No one's denying that. How do you think his kid will fare with cheetos nazi in the WH? Why do you think he k-bizzy is failing to put two and two together?

his kid's white and from a middle-class family, so probably not the worst ever?

seriously, dude's just worried about his job in an industry hillary says she wants to eliminate. i don't think that makes him noble or anything but at the end of the day people just wanna go home and put food on the table.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Inferior Third Season posted:

I don't know how to interpret this. Is this to be taken literally, and we definitely won't be getting anything, or is this a wink wink nudge nudge to an underling to leak it because top-level brass can't be seen authorizing it?

I read it as if an underling releases it Burnett's not going to sue like was previously reported, but MGM and Burnett can't be the ones to release it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I love it. I like to see a return to the classics once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can't believe Ken Bone and I are the same age.

• Locked thread