Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
This one is for you Vox:

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...und-color=black

Undercover stealth in all suits, no skills, sniper rifles only. Because we went for the trophy.

:laugh:

averox fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Can it be repeated and abused for One Down? Tune in to find out.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

averox posted:

This one is for you Vox:

Counterfeit stealth in all suits, no skills, sniper rifles only. Because we went for the trophy.

poo poo! Good work! We got absolutely crushed doing that one. What was the sniper rifle of choice? The ws2000?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

averox posted:

This one is for you Vox:

Undercover stealth in all suits, no skills, sniper rifles only. Because we went for the trophy.

Stealth..undercover??

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

Stealth..undercover??

Yep. Although it appears that at the end when you finish the hack an assault wave is triggered regardless.

My rifle of choice was the WA2000 because of the 10 round magazine and the relatively quick rate of fire. For a sniper rifle.

averox fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 11, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

averox posted:

Yep. Although it appears that at the end when you finish the hack an assault wave is triggered regardless.

for those watching: the above is true. be aware that there was a bulldozer between the gate and the escape chopper so you probably want thannies loaded up for that. it's still OD and he still hurts.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Beanie guy is the spotter.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
So what's the trick with stealth Undercover then?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I've stealthed it up to moving the jackass from the limo to the computer. Some random cop always gets a shot off before we see him and sets off the alarm.

Trick is, at least up to the crane dumping the limo, Killing everyone on street level, the FBI that come out of the suvs and then the cops dropped by the chopper, before anyone can call in dead bodies. After that, cops will start to spawn in the air vents inside the building, and you have to kill them before they get any shots off, in addition to not calling in bodies, cuz the shots fired call will go off.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I eventually got it working. (The first hurdle was realizing that bringing AI along will gently caress you over guaranteed.) Either the script is currently extra broken or specific configurations are; I got the roof car which summoned two waves of blue SWAT on the adjacent building but despite trading fire with them the alarm still didn't go off. Don't remember if the tear gas team got any shots off, but they didn't otherwise cause a problem. Then I got lucky at the end because the special of choice was a hiding-type Cloaker who didn't even see the Thanny shots coming. Checking other sources, you can avoid the vent spawns by quickly boarding everything up before kicking the rest of it off.

Also after reviewing the trophy list, we've actually got 3 unknown trophies: A lab equipment-related one next to First Steps, a golden...pen? rocketship? next to True Ace, and then the third vault statue. Edit: Make that 4. Just noticed the model forklift underneath Choo Choo.

Burning your offshore is now officially in, and doing so also gets you a hidden trophy. It would be wise to blow your extra offshore on card drops first, but keep in mind you need at least $50,000,000 to burn.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 11, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
burn your entire offshore for 6 continental coins!

mmm, not sure about that one :v:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm installing the update but it takes forever to unpack the files and actually install them. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Welcome to how Payday 2 updates. It's very common for the unpack to take longer than the download.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Psion posted:

Welcome to how Payday 2 updates. It's very common for the unpack to take longer than the download.

Really? It's the first time ever I encounter this and I've downloaded a ton of updates in the past. Ah well

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Hobold posted:

I've stealthed it up to moving the jackass from the limo to the computer. Some random cop always gets a shot off before we see him and sets off the alarm.

Trick is, at least up to the crane dumping the limo, Killing everyone on street level, the FBI that come out of the suvs and then the cops dropped by the chopper, before anyone can call in dead bodies. After that, cops will start to spawn in the air vents inside the building, and you have to kill them before they get any shots off, in addition to not calling in bodies, cuz the shots fired call will go off.

John Murdoch posted:

I eventually got it working. (The first hurdle was realizing that bringing AI along will gently caress you over guaranteed.) Either the script is currently extra broken or specific configurations are; I got the roof car which summoned two waves of blue SWAT on the adjacent building but despite trading fire with them the alarm still didn't go off. Don't remember if the tear gas team got any shots off, but they didn't otherwise cause a problem. Then I got lucky at the end because the special of choice was a hiding-type Cloaker who didn't even see the Thanny shots coming. Checking other sources, you can avoid the vent spawns by quickly boarding everything up before kicking the rest of it off.

Some more details on this, since it's hit the broader community and will be patched soon:

1. It looks like OD doesn't have any vent spawns (it appears they used a lower difficulty as the base for the mission again). I always boarded up as many of them as I could during the wait, anyways. There are enough planks to cover all vents.
2. The spawns behind the building, on the roof, will only occur if the limo lands on the roof.
3. There is a chance of a set of police spawns on the building across the street, particularly if the limo lands on the balcony.
4. There is a time-scripted helicopter roof spawn to try to set off gas. 2 normal enemies.
5. It's not clear that any of the scripted enemies listed above can actually call an alert!
6. The whole thing may hinge on players using silenced weapons. This appears unlikely, though.

Credit to averox, who helped us through one of the more annoying challenges. Now we just need to figure out how to stealth Bomb: Forest...

Psion posted:

Already did it :getin: (note you'll need to have someone host a OD stealth or something so you have enough offshore to buy heists again).

It generally looks like there's a lot of additional building out planned for the safehouse.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Psion posted:

Pretty decent deal imo honestly. Offshore is so entirely without value after about 50m that the coins are more valuable to me than even 5 billion offshore.

Now that said I'm gonna hold off doing it until the update wave is over just in case they add other things to spend offshore on, but yeah, I will just burn it, join an H&T stealth one down, and not care about offshore again 25 minutes after being totally broke.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Holy gently caress, my laptop froze literally on the last seconds of the Hoxton breakout. So frustrating!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah I feel like they wouldn't have casually added the ability to destroy your offshore if they had plans for it. And if they do add something, then they're walking into yet another shitstorm because the community will go nuclear over it.

Besides, the main thing anyone ever guessed they might do with it is let you use it to buy safehouse upgrades and welp. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fwiw the burn all money thing was a random steam forums suggestion that just happened to catch the eye of... Jules, I think.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

shut up blegum posted:

Holy gently caress, my laptop froze literally on the last seconds of the Hoxton breakout. So frustrating!

That's always the worst. The only time I've used SAM was when I was doing Doctor Miserable, we were done with three of us in the exit zone and the last person just a few seconds away, and I blue-screened.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

John Murdoch posted:

Yeah I feel like they wouldn't have casually added the ability to destroy your offshore if they had plans for it. And if they do add something, then they're walking into yet another shitstorm because the community will go nuclear over it.

Besides, the main thing anyone ever guessed they might do with it is let you use it to buy safehouse upgrades and welp. :v:

Hadn't even thought about this but it makes sense.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

John Murdoch posted:

Seems to be mostly laughs about the offshore burning. I'm surprised how tame people are about it at the moment.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you hit the "burn all offshore" button while in someone else's safehouse, does it burn the host's offshore?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that is because offshore is completely without value after about 50m and you never need to worry about contract purchases again

if it turns out you need 1bn do something else fun by end of not-crimefest i imagine everyone who burned their 1 trillion offshore today will be hotter than a molten salt reactor

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I ain't burnin poo poo, I'm fuckin gambling my offshore. You're all loving crazy for burning it all in one shot.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I imagine anyone here who burns their offshore and suddenly needs it back would just shrug and lua edit it

now, the steam forums, on the other hand

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you hit the "burn all offshore" button while in someone else's safehouse, does it burn the host's offshore?

I'll find out :getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Coolguye posted:

if it turns out you need 1bn do something else fun by end of not-crimefest i imagine everyone who burned their 1 trillion offshore today will be hotter than a molten salt reactor

It'll take like a week to get that back, I don't care.

I have heisted myself into nirvana, where the streets are paved with gold bars and all the flats are nice.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm not wiping my high score because I'm some sort of Payday 2 autist.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I'd rather have coins which I can use, rather than offshore I can't use (other than the first few million to buy contracts.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Update just hit. Hoxton Safe. No surprise there. But there's a strange bit of teaser text on the update news...we're getting a second new heist, the safehouse raid.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Update just hit. Hoxton Safe. No surprise there. But there's a strange bit of teaser text on the update news...

quote:

Oh, and help Aldstone board up the windows tonight...
:tinfoil:

OH BOY. Tomorrow's the New Enemy, is he gonna infiltrate our safehouse?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

China puff skin and an m308 skin? Dammit!

Also looking forward to the safe house raid. Reddit sort of spoiled that one a few days ago.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only M308 skin you need is the Heart Attack.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I would, on a guess, prioritize finishing Clover's security system upgrades. Automarking enemies via the cameras may prove very valuable.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 11, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I wonder if we'll have to stop the cops from drilling into our vault.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Hopefully it's better than the last safehouse heist cause that one sucked real real bad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kikas posted:

I wonder if we'll have to stop the cops from drilling into our vault.

The leaked voice lines suggest, at a minimum, that they will be taking our bags. I think they'll have to path down to them through the safehouse, but that the vault door will be open- the layout of the safehouse makes the route moderately difficult to defend. Upgrades to a number of areas have a secondary effect of changing the placement and availability of cover. I think I made the right call to start by upgrading the vault and general areas.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

The leaked voice lines suggest, at a minimum, that they will be taking our bags. I think they'll have to path down to them through the safehouse, but that the vault door will be open- the layout of the safehouse makes the route moderately difficult to defend. Upgrades to a number of areas have a secondary effect of changing the placement and availability of cover. I think I made the right call to start by upgrading the vault and general areas.

You mean this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
quick way to win the upcoming safehouse heist: must burn your offshore, the cops will weep