Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I want to watch the beast tear itself apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

speng31b posted:

It's eating itself, it's eating ITSELF.

Beck has been never Trump from the get go. He was perfectly fine with letting Clinton take the white house if it means no Trump.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Spatula City posted:

mods just probied the Amergin until post-election.

wow that's harsh

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just realized something. All the morons constantly using cuck as a insult are totally cheering for Trump trying to gently caress other mens' wives. The projection truly never ends.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Tiler Kiwi posted:

wow that's harsh

but fair. Its gimmick was dumb and they often ended up relaying some REALLY awful, reprehensible poo poo to us.

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My dad is a Centrist Business Republican, and thinks Hillary may be a secret neoliberal and hopes for a return to the relative prosperity of 1990s. Even if she does turn out to be a progressive, he'd tolerate it because Trump is so awful that he'd vote for Clinton anyway.

Mom is ... weird. She's a Filipino American, she loves Duterte and posts pro-Duterte news on Facebook, she loved Ted Cruz, but she also loved Corazon Aquino and the late Miriam Defensor Santiago and hated Marcos. She's very much a Catholic, but she was in favor of outsiders who oppose the traditional Filipino oligarchies, which is how she justifies both Duterte and Santiago. She also despises Trump, saying he's not a real Christian and his behavior is disgusting. I don't know how she'll vote.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bush lied, Jeb!'s campaign died

quote:

Billy Bush bragged about vulgar Trump video to NBC staffers

Billy Bush brazenly bragged to NBC staff about the vulgar Donald Trump tape while covering the Olympics in Rio, multiple sources tell Page Six.

Proving the infamous Ryan Lochte interview wasn’t Bush’s only Rio recklessness, the shamed “Today” host boasted at a party in August that he had a “tape of Trump being a real dog,” prompting staffers at “Access Hollywood” to track it down.

Bush never told NBC News brass about the tape when he joined “Today,” and they’re not happy about it. “Billy was bragging about the tape to other NBC staff while in Rio. If he knew about the tape, and remembered the full extent of such an explosive conversation with a presidential candidate and didn’t disclose that to NBC News, that is a very, very serious problem,” the insider said, adding it could violate the “morality clause” in his contract.

Another insider added, “It is not clear if Billy remembered the exact level of vulgarity in the conversation with Trump, or if he instead realized its news value and didn’t declare it to protect himself.”

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

There is the issue of a person in a position of authority having a sexual relationship with a subordinate.

I've been in that position as the person of authority and while I never made threats, gave favors, or showed any favoritism; I can see how it looks really bad. I don't think anything ever came out about Bill Clinton being rapey towards Monica or making her promises but it's not a good look.

All that said, yeah it's dumb to equate banging an intern who is about it to grabbing and kissing women who are afraid to speak up.

Yes, it looks very bad. That said, Monica has repeatedly and insistently claimed agency. It's fair to be extremely skeptical of that with such a power disparity - but I think after more than a decade of her insistence that she was willing and aware - after plenty of time for reflection - at some point, we take her at her word.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

boner confessor posted:

bernie or bust people are conspiracy theorists and will believe literally anything becase by this point all of the sanders supporters who aren't insane or have shocking levels of media illiteracy have accepted reality and moved on

conspiracy networks often form not from the ground up as people buy into an idea, but in a reduction process as sane, intelligent people are gradually weeded out of a group until only the nuts are left hyping each other up about nonsense

Yeah I thought I saw a report in August that 90% of Sanders supporters had become Clinton supporters. The remainder were probably cult of personality people all along who voted for Ron Paul and don't give a poo poo about policy

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

tabris posted:

Mom is ... weird. She's a Filipino American, she loves Duterte and posts pro-Duterte news on Facebook, she loved Ted Cruz, but she also loved Corazon Aquino and the late Miriam Defensor Santiago and hated Marcos. She's very much a Catholic, but she was in favor of outsiders who oppose the traditional Filipino oligarchies, which is how she justifies both Duterte and Santiago. She also despises Trump, saying he's not a real Christian and his behavior is disgusting. I don't know how she'll vote.

What :psyduck:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Why do you jerks hate amergin so much? He literally just cross posts between our thread and somewhere else.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

HW must be so disappointed in his family.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Why do you jerks hate amergin so much? He literally just cross posts between our thread and somewhere else.

The gimmick gets old after the first 100 times he does it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jeb, the eternally owned

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Geostomp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sHvWYAzIRo

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is so good.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

This is literally the gossip section of a tabloid.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just realized something. All the morons constantly using cuck as a insult are totally cheering for Trump trying to gently caress other mens' wives. The projection truly never ends.

The dumbass "cuck" meme was never about marriage. It was always poorly hidden racism. They view women as property of men and used it with the implication that it was a black man with said property. Basically it was just claiming that those dirty Others are taking away what's rightfully their's and needed to be put in their place by white men strong enough to do it.

Like all their slogans, it's just another way to conflate their spoiled whining and superiority complexes as the mark of strength.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lothar_ posted:

I want my anti-war Japan that made war-averse Gundam shows back. What's it going to take to get the GATE fanboys back to being pacifists?

The most recent Gundam shows, Iron-Blooded Orphans and Thunderbolt, are super anti-war. Thunderbolt is probably the most explicitly anti-war Gundam series since War in the Pocket. And the series before that, Reconguista in G, was literally a parable against Japan re-militarizing.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I thought it basically an insult in that you're such a beta that you just whine and cry as you watch an alpha gently caress your wife/gf or whatever.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

speng31b posted:

Yes, it looks very bad. That said, Monica has repeatedly and insistently claimed agency. It's fair to be extremely skeptical of that with such a power disparity - but I think after more than a decade of her insistence that she was willing and aware - after plenty of time for reflection - at some point, we take her at her word.

At this point, it's really loving insulting to her to keep treating her like she was too dumb and naive to navigate that situation unless she says so.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Leisure Suit Larry is lewd.
Trump's comments are sexual assault.

I think Trump was in Leisure Suit Larry 5 though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Geostomp posted:

Back has been hating Trump for a long time but on the other hand, he's been running ridiculous anti-Hillary propaganda on his show as recently as a week ago so I really don't know.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh cool its the bimonthly NPR bitchfit

Prairie Home Companion sucks
Car Talk is funny
Says You is top tier

There I think we covered everything

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Don't know if this has been posted already, but this is an amazing Twitter thread from a (now formerly?) Republican woman. Where does the GOP even loving go post-Trump?

https://twitter.com/MBGlenn/status/785641127604916224

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

At this point, it's really loving insulting to her to keep treating her like she was too dumb and naive to navigate that situation unless she says so.

Yeah. I think you can say at worst she was someone who ended up in a really potentially lovely situation, owned it, and as far as anyone ought to be concerned, is doing really well for herself. It's pretty drat impressive tbh.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Glumslinger posted:

Prairie Home Companion sucks
Car Talk is funny
Says You is top tier

There I think we covered everything

I refuse to believe there's a human under the age of 65 who actually can enjoy listening to Says You

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Pakled posted:

One of the more horrifying things he's suggested to me is that you should only be able to vote if you pay income taxes, because "if you aren't paying into the system, why should you get to say where other peoples' tax money goes," or, alternatively, some kind of weighted voting system where people who pay more in taxes have their votes count more.

To the extent that this is a tricky thing you or others have to deal with, look at payroll tax vs other taxes. Less than half the federal revenue comes from income tax, nevermind various state tax schemes. The number of people who have literally no tax liability is nonzero but quite small. As far as money counting for votes, presumably the person you're talking to has some kind of problem with actually paying for votes. Tell him he's suggesting skipping that formality.

speng31b posted:

This is about where I am on that. It's extremely sketchy and bad for the most powerful man on the planet to be making a pass on an intern in a workplace setting, but at some point we do need to consider the reaction of the actual harmed party in question.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Don't know if this has been posted already, but this is an amazing Twitter thread from a (now formerly?) Republican woman. Where does the GOP even loving go post-Trump?

into a loving hole somewhere hopefully to die

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

speng31b posted:

I love that we don't believe women when they're raped and don't believe them when they're not raped.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This is I think the first time I've laughed at something from this election.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lkc0OhftVCs

This is a whole thing.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 11, 2016

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

He's seems pretty cognizant of the dangers of Trump for Fox News. Is he their token sane guy?
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/shep-smith-goes-off-on-trump-over-debate-performance-and-almost-fascist-jail-line/

quote:

Shep Smith Goes Off on Trump Over Debate Performance and Almost ‘Fascist’ Jail Line
by Josh Feldman | 4:08 pm, October 10th, 2016 VIDEO 384

Shep Smith had some pretty tough words for Donald Trump over a debate performance that the Fox anchor considered great red meat but basically a sign that the GOP nominee has given up on trying to expand beyond his base.

He said Trump’s attacks on Hillary Clinton was “great stuff” for the GOP base––people who’ve hated the Clintons for decades––but those people were already going to vote for him, and as Smith argued, he should have been appealing to suburban women and flat-out didn’t.

Wall Street Journal editor Glenn Hall said Trump was attempting to throw a lot at her so he could get his message and a “substantive discussion” out there.

Smith was pretty alarmed by Trump’s line about prosecuting and maybe jailing Clinton, saying it’s almost “fascist.” He repeatedly cried that Trump didn’t even try to win over groups he needs to appeal to, or at the very least show contrition for what he said in that recently-leaked audio.

He was also stunned by Trump’s “word salad” on Aleppo and how quickly he pivoted to Iraq, which for Smith was an illustration that he didn’t “have anything to say about the humanitarian crisis of epic proportions” and was more concerned about his base.

Watch above, via Fox News.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Her Twitter ribbon suggests they are defecting to Egg McMuffin as a protest vote

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

i am harry posted:

I love that we don't believe women when they're raped and don't believe them when they're not raped.

It's important to believe rape accusations. Even when they're made by unrelated third parties. Maybe especially when they're made by third parties, because they're the only ones who can be disinterested.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Further up its own fetid rear end in a top hat. The base is 70+% behind Trump even now, so there's no pivot to a different less hateful platform possible in the foreseeable future. The next candidate may well be worse.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Say what you will about NPR but my mother kept the dial on that station during the daily commutes of my childhood instead of conservative talk or morning zoo radio and it made me the man I am today.

:smith:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Oldest Man posted:

Further up its own fetid rear end in a top hat. The base is 70+% behind Trump even now, so there's no pivot to a different less hateful platform possible in the foreseeable future. The next candidate may well be worse.

The thing is if they lose 30% of their base that will be a loving disaster for them.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

This is a pretty great takedown of, well, the entire Republican Party at this point. The only thing that could have made it more perfect would be an #ImWithHer at the end.

lozzle fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 11, 2016

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Charlz Guybon posted:

He's seems pretty cognizant of the dangers of Trump for Fox News. Is he their token sane guy?
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/shep-smith-goes-off-on-trump-over-debate-performance-and-almost-fascist-jail-line/

Yes Shep Smith is a treasure. He deserves to be on a better network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/P7g6QoZ.gifv

• Locked thread