Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chill la Chill posted:

It's nice of them to recycle 15yo designs in plastic.

What makes you think they'll do that? The Genestealer Cult was all new sculpts, right?

spectralent posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, for real?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now, if only the actual game wasn't a dumpster fire

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

What makes you think they'll do that? The Genestealer Cult was all new sculpts, right?

No?

Avenging Dentist posted:

Also, guess what faction these guys are for:

If you said Genestealer Cults, you're right!!

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Yes hello I would like to buy some models of the most-hated-by-the-designers faction nothing could go wrong with this plan

This is to say nothing of how Sisters have already been ruined

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was in the recycling bin. You are made to think it was in the red bin, since that is the one the gentleman appeared in, but it was the recycling bin.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That's an upgrade sprue. You're splitting hairs to say it doesn't count as a new sculpt.

Chill la Chill posted:

It was in the recycling bin. You are made to think it was in the red bin, since that is the one the gentleman appeared in, but it was the recycling bin.

What? The dude was in the red bin, he says, "there''s lots of cool stuff in here. Plastic Sisters of Battle?!" How was he finding stuff in the recycling bin when he was in the red bin?

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

They use that sprue in several kits. I'd hardly call all those kits new. Maybe it's 1/4 of a new kit?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Avenging Dentist posted:

Also, guess what faction these guys are for:

If you said Genestealer Cults, you're right!!

No way! The guys with the genestealer cult icons and hosed up heads and in the genestealer cult part of the website are part of the genestealer cult? gently caress.

You do know these are just alt versions of the Neophytes that DO have all new sculpts, right?

LordAba fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 11, 2016

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's an upgrade sprue. You're splitting hairs to say it doesn't count as a new sculpt.

There's no hair-splitting. There's at least three different kits being sold as Genestealer cults that reuse old sculpts with some new heads and icons. You are objectively wrong.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not "all new" if it's "an upgrade sprue for a 13 year old infantry set."

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 11, 2016

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

That kit is actually lazier than the Deathwatch kits, although not by much. If I saw them on the tabletop I'd assume they were regular Guard. (And then rethink my life for playing 40k.)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

StuG Jeebus posted:

There's no hair-splitting. There's at least three different kits being sold as Genestealer cults that reuse old sculpts with some new heads and icons. You are objectively wrong.

Which is fine since it is mostly just vehicles. Chimera, Sentinals, and Lemon Russes. You don't even have to include any bodies when building them if you don't want.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StuG Jeebus posted:

Fine. But none of them are just plastic versions of old metal models, which is what Chill said the Sisters release would be.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Fine. But none of them are just plastic versions of old metal models, which is what Chill said the Sisters release would be.

Hey, as long as no one gives GW money, it's all good. Also my game finished downloading.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

LordAba posted:

Which is fine since it is mostly just vehicles. Chimera, Sentinals, and Lemon Russes. You don't even have to include any bodies when building them if you don't want.

All models that could really use an update instead of a lovely upgrade sprue. (Not to suggest that the constant reuse of models for other factions is good artistic design.)

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
So between GW making "starter" boxes, finally releasing AdMech, Genestealer cults and Sisters (did they do *gasp* marketing?!), is the new CEO going to be able to turn the tides?

I mean, not for any of us obviously, that train left a long time a go.

Or are they just able to keep the ones that already are fans?

I think I answered my own question, never mind.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Moola posted:

hahahahaha

Horntits Eyecrotch: Greater Daemon of Tzeench.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
As a long time AdMech fan, I personally think their release was incredibly disappointing and could be slapped into the dictionary under 'wasted potential'.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I thought Magnus had one giant eye?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Not a viking posted:

So between GW making "starter" boxes, finally releasing AdMech, Genestealer cults and Sisters (did they do *gasp* marketing?!), is the new CEO going to be able to turn the tides?

I mean, not for any of us obviously, that train left a long time a go.

Or are they just able to keep the ones that already are fans?

I think I answered my own question, never mind.

Don't forget this is the CEO whose pet projects include Age of Sigmar and rebranding their retail stores from Games Workshop to WARHAMMER.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Hra Mormo posted:

Don't forget this is the CEO whose pet projects include Age of Sigmar and rebranding their retail stores from Games Workshop to WARHAMMER.

Don't forget slating the destruction of thr Old World to just prior to the release in arguably the biggest mainstream Warhammer PC game ever, set in the Old World.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 11, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Taear posted:

:heysexy:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

spectralent posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, for real? That's amazing. "We're putting in the bare minimum of effort, what more do you want?"

Jewel-like objects of wonder.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Hra Mormo posted:

I thought that was all Kirby?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taear posted:

Magnus didn't even have a consistent physical appearance before he turned into a Daemon Prince

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Not a viking posted:

I thought that was all Kirby?

Weren't there reports of Kirby still pretty much being on the board and getting paid by the company?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Business Gorillas posted:

Weren't there reports of Kirby still pretty much being on the board and getting paid by the company?

He's getting paid for an advisory role or some such but isn't on the board.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Oh I see. I haven't been following aos too much lately. I'm playing good games and I stopped going to the aos store I was going to because during a game they started yelling about jewing each other on stuff

It's p cool doing Valhallans in a game that isn't terrible though!

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Moola posted:

hahahahaha

It's like if Horny from Dungeon Keeper and the Lord of Darkness from Legend had a little devil boy that grew up to become a drag queen. You're sure Magnus didn't switch over to Slaanesh :allears: ?

lilljonas posted:

Don't forget slating the destruction of thr Old World to just prior to the release in arguably the biggest mainstream Warhammer PC game ever, set in the Old World.

With at least two more games / stand-alone expansions planned. It's amazing.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I think it's fair to say between FAQs, proper teasers, fan favourites returning, community engagement and the like that GW is currently trending upwards.

I'm not saying that GW is good right now, but they are objective *less bad* than they were a year ago. I would say that things like Genestealer Cults and the potential of plastic Sisters may in fact be worth giving GW money :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TKIY posted:

I think it's fair to say between FAQs, proper teasers, fan favourites returning, community engagement and the like that GW is currently trending upwards.

I'm not saying that GW is good right now, but they are objective *less bad* than they were a year ago. I would say that things like Genestealer Cults and the potential of plastic Sisters may in fact be worth giving GW money :colbert:

You know what comes next, of course.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Business Gorillas posted:

It's p cool doing Valhallans in a game that isn't terrible though!

Warpath?

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
Please, PLEASE don't give GW money.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

TKIY posted:

The FAQs frequently didn't answer player questions, we still have serious reason to doubt that the return of fan favorites will be worth buying or at an affordable or even reasonable price point, and plastic Cults and Sisters are still overpriced models for a bad game. Plus, hopefully gamers have started to move away from awful boob armor as an aesthetic choice.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Jury's still out.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

TKIY posted:

I'm not saying that GW is good right now, but they are objective *less bad* than they were a year ago.
"Not as bad as when they first released AoS." seems like damning with faint praise to me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's nothing wrong with boob armor

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Guy Goodbody posted:

It looks stupid.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Guy Goodbody posted:

source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

S.J. posted:

He's getting paid for an advisory role or some such but isn't on the board.

Wasn't he also the one who wrote the last financial statement where he went off on some weird tangent about diversity in boardrooms?

I vaguely remember a patented Leperflesh effortpost about how highly unusual it is for the financial statement to come from someone like him instead of from the actual CEO.

• Locked thread