Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spatula City posted:

mods just probied the Amergin until post-election.

Good. His gimmick's dumb as poo poo and this isn't GBS. We get enough bloat and dumb derails as it is without some gimmick making GBS threads up the thread.

"We're just stunned that a Bush family member would violate a morality clause" says the NBC spokesman unironically when they fire Billy.

speng31b posted:

Oh god this is foreshadowing isn't it?

It's going to be like the Great Sept, only Cersei is standing next to High Sparrow Preibus and smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
That is a chunk of the voting population that is lost to us, more or less, forever. In an utterly pointless way too, they're not really contributing in any way to blocking the rise of Cheetoh Man.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Sensible Thursday posted:

HW must be so disappointed in his family.
I legit feel real bad for HW. Sure, we don't agree on a decent but of social issue stuff but I always thought of him as at least okay.

And then his kids... oy vei.

The gently caress is he even talking about?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/785678346646609920

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I legit feel real bad for HW. Sure, we don't agree on a decent but of social issue stuff but I always thought of him as at least okay.

And then his kids... oy vei.

He's talking about himself, since he went to jail for blatantly violating campaign finance laws since he's retarded.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I was too young to speak with any sort of certainty to Bush W's presidency, but I have always viewed him as well meaning but in over his head.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
The story Kurt Eichenwald teased is out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/785676641880027136?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

It's interesting and ridiculous but it won't get any attention. Pussy tape left a high water mark.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Consent is not in conservatives' collective vocabulary.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Am I a bad person for liking listening to this guy speak

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The fringe left is a self-limiting virus. As soon as it shows any signs of requiring an immune response, it blows itself up

The fringe right is in control because they organize better because all of their messaging is a lie and they all actually do only care about one thing. No single issue crystal voters in the Tea Party.

This will not hold up once the Alex Jones wing takes hold tho

Man they REALLY do not understand what was wrong with the comments

like on some deep, fundamental level, women have no agency and consent doesn't even register enough to incite justifications

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

gently caress Donald Trump

:nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udVrQSHm8mg

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

trash person posted:

I was too young to speak with any sort of certainty to Bush W's presidency, but I have always viewed him as well meaning but in over his head.

This is overly generous to say the least.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Dinesh went to jail for some sort of tax fraud and he blames it on Obama.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

trash person posted:

No he is a poo poo human and I hope his brain isn't deteriorated enough from booze and coke abuse to prevent him from suffering as he ages and dies.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

speng31b posted:

Oh god this is foreshadowing isn't it?

You know, if this was any other year, I'd say "Nah, too heavy-handed."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, what? What's wrong with taking someone to Red Lobster after some good sex? And if it is bad why is it Hillary Clinton’s job to tell people why it's bad?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

lozzle posted:

This is overly generous to say the least.

I should clarify in that I mean well meaning in regards to he believed the policies he pushed and his agendas were 'right'. Like he believed he was doing right.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

America.

Arzying Dad Update: Now that he can't realistically worry about the election, his latest thing is buying into the speculation that Trump, Breitbart, and The Deplorables will try to form a third party with some sort of media empire. Poor, poor guy just can't stop pearl-clutching.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ciaphas posted:

Absolutely not
https://youtu.be/MCTJTUU54VA

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So essentially his real point is, "WHY DO I HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES?! :argh:" good job, Democrats-are-the-real-racists guy.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Anyone else feel like pussy gate won't be remembered by election time?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

Dinesh went to jail for some sort of tax fraud and he blames it on Obama.
Dinesh violated campaign finance law and had to check himself into halfway house at night for a trivially short amount of time. His ex-wife is the one who turned him in because he was cheating on her, which is somehow also Obama's fault.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, what? What's wrong with taking someone to Red Lobster after some good sex? And if it is bad why is it Hillary Clinton’s job to tell people why it's bad?

Because she's talking about sex! That's why liberals hate the Trump video!

*someone whispers offscreen*

Wait, what the gently caress is "consent"?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

America.

Arzying Dad Update: Now that he can't realistically worry about the election, his latest thing is buying into the speculation that Trump, Breitbart, and The Deplorables will try to form a third party with some sort of media empire. Poor, poor guy just can't stop pearl-clutching.

Tell him that if that happens, the GOP is dead because suddenly all their votes are split and we can finally destroy America for Soros.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

5436 posted:

No, I think you may literally be the only person who thinks that. Some hope it. Pray for it - plea desperately to a god that's long forsaken them. But not think it, not really.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

How have I missed this. This is incredible.

"We have learned some LLAMA FACTS"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol Billy Bush is capital F hosed:

- His career is over
- He betrayed his family by not bringing up the video to Jeb when he was getting cucked by Trump
- And now everyone that is not his family, friends, or former coworkers know what a complete douche nozzle he is

In an alternate timeline when the chips fell the other way he could have been the one person stopping America from electing a literal fascist but decided not to because it might have made him look bad. There is no way he will not die penniless in the gutter alone and at this point he probably deserves it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ciaphas posted:

Nah, dude is a national treasure who randomly went off on True Blood tangents when that show was on and it was loving glorious.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"ur right crazy Trump lady

Beyonce should be rewarding people who gently caress her good by taking them to local restaurants to help hard working small business owners"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Someone's bitter they never got took to Red Lobster.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

5436 posted:

If the fabled n-word tape gets released, it won't be the first thing on peoples' minds.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

America.

Tell your dad that the GOP splitting like that is like, best case scenario

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Right now I feel legit bad for Chelsea Manning. She gave the diplomatic/war leaks over to Wikileaks in confidence that they were an honest journalism organization -- and back then, you could've easily been forgiven for thinking that. The fact that Assange and the rest running Wikileaks are just too involved with the Russian government must feel like a serious knife in the back. And it will no doubt probably make it harder to get any further clemency on the US government's part now because at least some part of it has had their fears vindicated over this.

I hope Snowden manages better. He took the wiser choice by getting his leaks to more reasonable journalistic sources, but being trapped in Russia mustn't be too comfortable.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Tell him that if that happens, the GOP is dead because suddenly all their votes are split and we can finally destroy America for Soros.

I tried, but he's afraid they'll be "The Tea Party but better organized." He basically thinks that they'll cause chaos by winning a lot of lower/local stuff and just stir poo poo with all their racist, gun-toting, homophobic, xenophobic madness. He certainly didn't think they'd win anything major but that they'd be able to do enough damage lower down.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

An hour or two earlier, some surrogate said that Hillary was attacking Trump's first amendment rights by making the video an issue

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pakled posted:

If the fabled n-word tape gets released, it won't be the first thing on peoples' minds.

Trump refused to rent to neoliberals.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mulva posted:

Nah, dude is a national treasure who randomly went off on True Blood tangents when that show was on and it was loving glorious.
Maybe he is an actual vampire and nobody wants to fire him because A. he had gay vampire sex with a bunch of party elders when they were young and B. the blood of Dracula runs in his veins. The true blood.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

5436 posted:

Yes, because something worse will come out. I'd even boldly predict something more recent.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I tried, but he's afraid they'll be "The Tea Party but better organized." He basically thinks that they'll cause chaos by winning a lot of lower/local stuff and just stir poo poo with all their racist, gun-toting, homophobic, xenophobic madness. He certainly didn't think they'd win anything major but that they'd be able to do enough damage lower down.

Even if that happened (it won't) it would only affect the Southern states that are already thoroughly hosed so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

:agreed:

A good gently caress should be repaid by going to a better place than a 3rd rate chain seafood joint

• Locked thread