Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/rubycramer/status/785851170308890625

THEY GAVE HIM THE IPHONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

BarbarianElephant posted:

If I was an ambitious Republican, I'd note that Trump's racist, isolationist policies played very well with the voters, and his personal flaws were what reduced his support. A smooth-spoken racist could win easily.

You are not seeing the bottom of white nationalist support in this election, you are seeing its cieling

Open white nationalism is not going to be a winning platform on the national level

There is no more silent majority to appeal to

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Kro-Bar posted:

Maine Gov. Paul LePage: Maybe the country needs Trump to show 'authoritarian power'

Guys I don't think LePage is gonna withdraw his support for Trump.

Trump Solidifies Support Among Racist Frogs

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The shackles really are off.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I like to imagine they keep the iphone in an obsidian box with two locks that require blood to open

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It wouldn't surprise me if we are a few election cycles from guys like these starting to be propped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7GG1GO-s_k

Seriously, watch the whole thing. It's such a pro-click. You got to admit his plan with the drug war was decent.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 11, 2016

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kro-Bar posted:

Maine Gov. Paul LePage: Maybe the country needs Trump to show 'authoritarian power'

Guys I don't think LePage is gonna withdraw his support for Trump.

He is the literal definition of

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_authoritarianism

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

horse mans posted:

We're all in agreement that would actually be no systemic violence as Trump tries to consolidate his base, right? That support from the fraternal order of police doesn't scare anyone else?

I think any actual violence is pretty unlikely. There may be a lone nutter here and there but most of these guys are just gonna go back to bitching on whatever conservative forum they posted on before Trump made their views mainstream and hoarding ammo or anime respectively. While the FOP is terrible there's no way the police is going to start shooting anyone (at least more than normal :v:)

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You are not seeing the bottom of white nationalist support in this election, you are seeing its cieling

Open white nationalism is not going to be a winning platform on the national level

Trump could have kept talking about the wall and China, and paired it with tax cuts instead of making GBS threads on Gold Star families and been just fine.

And if we're talking about "winning the GOP nomination and helping normalize horrible things" rather than "win the general" then the path is even clearer for the next fascist.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Calling it now:

Vince McMahon(the real one) 2020 who will present himself as polished and professional and successfully deflect Republican attacks confusing him with a character he plays on TV.

His slogan will be that he will fix America with his 2020 vision.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AdmiralViscen posted:

Trump could have kept talking about the wall and China, and paired it with tax cuts instead of making GBS threads on Gold Star families and been just fine.

The demographics of the US conclusively show that is not true

Keep in mind, his opponent was also the relatively unpopular Hillary Clinton and even at his best never beat her in the electoral college or popular vote

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Good Citizen posted:

It's a weird feeling having all of your beliefs about the opposition get so thoroughly proven and become generally accepted over such a short period of time

I feel ya.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The demographics that make that not true are completely absent from the Republican primary process.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They're a loud minority instead of a silent majority, basically.

The problem for the GOP is that they're still a plurality of GOP primary voters. I'm sure the GOP establishment wants to disenfranchise them, but I'm not sure how they make 30-40% of their primary voters irrelevant to the selection of their candidate.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who needs demographics when we have polls that don't even have a spanish language option?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

What happens when the Android and the iPhone come together? :supaburn:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

Yeah a white nationalist that didn't have as many skeletons that made white people feel bad and wasn't dumb enough to get himself stuck in briar patches would probably still be a respectable presidential choice by most of the media right now. I still think Hillary would be winning but it would be disturbingly close.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
is WT still saying Trump has an advantage in polls?

The Freep thread made me curious since that's the one they brought up as being the only 'real' one because it was the only one Trump was winning.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

Calling it now:

Vince McMahon(the real one) 2020 who will present himself as polished and professional and successfully deflect Republican attacks confusing him with a character he plays on TV.

Actually plausible:stare:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AdmiralViscen posted:

The demographics that make that not true are completely absent from the Republican primary process.

The GOP are going to institute either Super Delegates or explicitly pick a favorite early on and tell the also rans to gently caress off

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

greatn posted:

Calling it now:

I dunno, the mental image of Air Force One landing to "No Chance in Hell" send awfully tempting. And John Cena would keep his lust for power in check.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Lord Hydronium posted:

What happens when the Android and the iPhone come together? :supaburn:

There will be blood coming out of the whatever of whoever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

greatn posted:

Calling it now:

His wife already tried and failed

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

horse mans posted:

We're all in agreement that would actually be no systemic violence as Trump tries to consolidate his base, right? That support from the fraternal order of police doesn't scare anyone else?
Systemic, no. But there will be violence.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The GOP are going to institute either Super Delegates or explicitly pick a favorite early on and tell the also rans to gently caress off

but .. but .. Ben Carson's book deal....

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

AdmiralViscen posted:

Uh Republicans being stuck nominating jokers like Trump that can never win a general election to save their life for the rest of eternity is actually a good thing.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

cult member at airport posted:

Finally, something that Donald Trump supporters and SA Goons can agree on: CNN sucks

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/785836810060591105

It's remarkable how much this resembles the crowd at a WWE event.
Watching that part of the stream last night was real scary. At every rally for the past few weeks, Trump's marveled at how huge the crowd is and asked the tv cameras to pan around and show it, then told the audience 'they won't show it though folks, they won't' before moving on. The same spiel every time, seemed like showmanship to get the crowd pumped up.

His first appearances post-debate, that segment turned into a long rant about the Corrupt Media being in the pocket of Crooked Hillary - the media's all she has folks, we're winning but they won't cover it, they bully me with constant coverage of tiny indiscretions from my past while ignoring her treason, they won't talk about all the polls that show my victory, won't show the crowd that proves the American people are with me, because they're all part of the same establishment. but when I'm president, we'll take that power from them, oh yes we will!!!

Which culminated in the video from that tweet. (Btw, on the stream I watched the camera was panning around to show the crowd the whole time he was ranting). If this is how it's gonna go for the last month, if he's actually buying into his own conspiracy bullshit, I'm genuinely worried his 'concession' speech will be a televised address accusing Hillary of stealing the election.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's why vince mcmahon can't be president:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcjZrBc4QcU&t=45s

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

lozzle posted:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? :psyduck:

"gently caress that friend of the family"

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

Calling it now:

Vince Mcmahon will be 75 in 2020.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's never been a moment more deserving a well-written Hitler Downfall meme.

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

If Trump does win the White House, Republicans in congress are going to remind him of these tweets and the harm he has done their party when he comes asking for favors. A Republican House and Senate, like we have today, might be worse for Trump than a Democratic one. He would come into office with negative political capital. All the trade wars he wants to start and the Wall he wants to build would topple down on him.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's the lol part.

The GOP gave Jeb Bush 100 million dollars this cycle, they picked a favorite early. The trick is getting millions of riled up Trumpistas and Tea Partiers to play along.

Unless you think the superdelegates will be more than 50% of the delegates.

Also, the GOP by the end of this year is going to have a lot fewer people in office and their all stars were all shamed last year. Who is going to be their perfect bannerman when they have to compete with whoever wants to bankroll a book tour with some dime store authoritarian rhetoric that taps straight into the base?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CascadeBeta posted:

Vince Mcmahon will be 75 in 2020.

This is a photograph of a 70 year old man

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I agree they will try to prevent Trump 2.0, but Trump was the frontrunner in the polls immediately.

E: beaten

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

lozzle posted:

Uh Republicans being stuck nominating jokers like Trump that can never win a general election to save their life for the rest of eternity is actually a good thing.

If you're ok with Sikhs getting their heads bashed in and 6 year old Hispanics crying in their classrooms, I guess.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I agree they will try to prevent Trump 2.0, but Trump was the frontrunner in the polls immediately.

the front runner of a 14 person primary

I guarantee if the Dems had run 14 people Bernie would have been the nominee

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a photograph of a 70 year old man

gently caress it.

Would.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

here's why vince mcmahon can't be president:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcjZrBc4QcU&t=45s

Wait the WWE wrote a bit with that line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Apraxin posted:

Watching that part of the stream last night was real scary. At every rally for the past few weeks, Trump's marveled at how huge the crowd is and asked the tv cameras to pan around and show it, then told the audience 'they won't show it though folks, they won't' before moving on. The same spiel every time, seemed like showmanship to get the crowd pumped up.

His first appearances post-debate, that segment turned into a long rant about the Corrupt Media being in the pocket of Crooked Hillary - the media's all she has folks, we're winning but they won't cover it, they bully me with constant coverage of tiny indiscretions from my past while ignoring her treason, they won't talk about all the polls that show my victory, won't show the crowd that proves the American people are with me, because they're all part of the same establishment. but when I'm president, we'll take that power from them, oh yes we will!!!

Which culminated in the video from that tweet. (Btw, on the stream I watched the camera was panning around to show the crowd the whole time he was ranting). If this is how it's gonna go for the last month, if he's actually buying into his own conspiracy bullshit, I'm genuinely worried his 'concession' speech will be a televised address accusing Hillary of stealing the election.

Also remember that Trump's campaign has specifically told the media TIGHT SHOTS ONLY so that you can't see the teleprompter so he is often railing against the media for following his own explicit instructions

• Locked thread