Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Mein Fuhrer, Kellyanne... Kellyanne changed the twitter password...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MountGeek posted:

If Trump does win the White House, Republicans in congress are going to remind him of these tweets and the harm he has done their party when he comes asking for favors. A Republican House and Senate, like we have today, might be worse for Trump than a Democratic one. He would come into office with negative political capital. All the trade wars he wants to start and the Wall he wants to build would topple down on him.

Hahahahaha! Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder, HAHAHAHAHA

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

It's kind of nice to see that all the political players mentioned in this ad are women. :unsmith:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the front runner of a 14 person primary

I guarantee if the Dems had run 14 people Bernie would have been the nominee

I think we'd be looking at President Jim Webb.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The next fascist will have 4 more years of demographic shifts to contend with

There is also no way the GOP allows a Trump to happen again

It's not really up to them, though. If somoene they don't like plows through the primaries like Trump did and wins the nomination, then they risk civil war yet again in trying to remove him before the convention.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Was busy over the past day. What did I mis...

:magical:

Dear lord, Burn all bridges why don't you...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AdmiralViscen posted:

If you're ok with Sikhs getting their heads bashed in and 6 year old Hispanics crying in their classrooms, I guess.

Vocally exposing white supremacy as poisonous and unelectable is a good thing. There is a surge of violence and bigotry right now because that behavior is empowered. The second its crushed in an election that empowerment goes away. Defeat is silencing.

We are not seeing the start of a powerful movement, we are seeing the end of it.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How has Vince not had a heart attack from the same steroids he made everyone else abuse for 20 years?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Deadulus posted:

Wait the WWE wrote a bit with that line?
yeah. iirc john cena said that booker t and vince knew the line was coming, but he didn't, so that's why cena's just standing there going 'ohhhhhhh god' in the background

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

2spooky4me posted:

gently caress it.

Would.

I dont think he'd leave you with a choice!

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The GOP are going to institute either Super Delegates or explicitly pick a favorite early on and tell the also rans to gently caress off

At some point maybe the GOP should consider going back to the days of non-binding primaries. :v:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Junior G-man posted:

Yes, yes. I see. We need authoritarian power to restore the rule of law. Especially after an authoritarian, autocrat President that ignores Congress.

This makes complete sense.

The issue isn't that Obama is an autocrat, he's just not our kind of autocrat (read: not white).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

horse mans posted:

We're all in agreement that would actually be no systemic violence as Trump tries to consolidate his base, right? That support from the fraternal order of police doesn't scare anyone else?

I don't know if Trump would all-out call for it, but he DID pretty much call for Hillary to be assassinated, so who knows? We haven't seen Full Trump yet.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trump getting increasingly desperate:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/785865762208645120

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a photograph of a 70 year old man

There's still a timer on him. You can take all the HGH you want, but eventually, your brain starts to rot in your skull.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Chromatic posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if we are a few election cycles from guys like these starting to be propped up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7GG1GO-s_k

Seriously, watch the whole thing. It's such a pro-click. You got to admit his plan with the drug war was decent.

Wait, who has ever called Obama an African God?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Apraxin posted:

If this is how it's gonna go for the last month, if he's actually buying into his own conspiracy bullshit, I'm genuinely worried his 'concession' speech will be a televised address accusing Hillary of stealing the election.

Trump openly called for revolution on election night 2012. Do we have any reason to think he wouldn't do the same again?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Vocally exposing white supremacy as poisonous and unelectable is a good thing. There is a surge of violence and bigotry right now because that behavior is empowered. The second its crushed in an election that empowerment goes away. Defeat is silencing.

We are not seeing the start of a powerful movement, we are seeing the end of it.

Ah yes, just like when Wallace proved white supremacy was posionous and unelectable. Remember how violent racism ended after his defeat in 1968?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think any real violence is going to happen but I'm in Texas and not going out that night. Knowing my luck, loving Black Hawk Down will happen where I am and my car will be blocked by protesters.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

horse mans posted:

We're all in agreement that would actually be no systemic violence as Trump tries to consolidate his base, right? That support from the fraternal order of police doesn't scare anyone else?

there will probably be sporadic and small scale violence but these same people have been yelling and screaming for the last 8 years at least about the revolution and rahowa, except now they're older and sicker, so

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Vince McMahon running would be amazing if only for all the stories coming out to the public that wrestling fans have known for years. Covering up Jimmy Snuka murdering his girlfriend, chasing guys around backstage with his poo poo-covered underwear on a stick, getting in drag races with his writers and trying to run them off the road...

He is a crazy old man.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The media was perfectly happy with talking about the truth being in the middle, and Trump was flirting with a lead until about a month ago. I'm not as confident as you that some minor tweaks to the volume of the dog whistle and being nice to POWs and dead soldiers can't be a winning combination going forward.

But I would argue that failing to win the general can still be damaging to society. Millions of people are currently providing rapists with excuses on Facebook right now. 30-40% of the country currently thinks that 50 Shades of Gray justifies rape, even though Trump isn't winning the general.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chokes McGee posted:

There's still a timer on him. You can take all the HGH you want, but eventually, your brain starts to rot in your skull.

Vince McMahon, an elderly billionaire, was crawling around the floor of a C-130 flying them home from an Iraq tour with a bag of candy throwing it at sleeping wrestlers and laughing when they woke up. His brain melted 30 years ago.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
NOW I think we can finally rename the thread to

USPOL Oct: The Vindication of Prester Jane by the Narcissist Donald Trump

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Trabisnikof posted:

Ah yes, just like when Wallace proved white supremacy was posionous and unelectable. Remember how violent racism ended after his defeat in 1968?

America was like 80% white in 1968.

e: 87.7% in 1970.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

AdmiralViscen posted:

If you're ok with Sikhs getting their heads bashed in and 6 year old Hispanics crying in their classrooms, I guess.

Meanwhile Democrats gain a stranglehold over all branches of the federal government, and use its powers to kick the deplorables' poo poo in.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AdmiralViscen posted:

But I would argue that failing to win the general can still be damaging to society. Millions of people are currently providing rapists with excuses on Facebook right now. 30-40% of the country currently thinks that 50 Shades of Gray justifies rape, even though Trump isn't winning the general.

That didn't appear out of the ether though. These ideas and biases always existed. Having them exposed and disempowered is better than letting them exist silently. 30-40% of the country didn't start being all about rape culture because of Trump, they became vocal about it because of Trump. And allowing them to become vocal is going to expose how alone and electorally insignificant they are.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Vince McMahon didn't know what a burrito was until his 60s despite eating them daily.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

NOW I think we can finally rename the thread to

USPOL Oct: The Vindication of Prester Jane by the Narcissist Donald Trump

Please do this ASAP, thanks in advance.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So if he's already declared war, shouldn't the GOP just go 'gently caress it' and pull support entirely?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

His wife already tried and failed

For a Senate seat in a deep blue state.

And she won the primary.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a photograph of a 70 year old man

An exclusive look at Vince in 4 years:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

AdmiralViscen posted:

The media was perfectly happy with talking about the truth being in the middle, and Trump was flirting with a lead until about a month ago. I'm not as confident as you that some minor tweaks to the volume of the dog whistle and being nice to POWs and dead soldiers can't be a winning combination going forward.

It's going to be harder to win on a white nationalist agenda in future elections because the proportion of the electorate that's white is decreasing every year as we get more immigrants and as older people, who are more white than the general population, continue to die off.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

computer parts posted:

America was like 80% white in 1968.

Yeah but the idea that "sure millions of racists and sexists get to unify behind an idol, but don't worry we will politically martyr him so that'll show his supporters!" is dumb and wrong.

America is worse off because of Republicans giving Trump the nomination and any amount of shouting down his deplorables only mitigated the damage.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

So if he's already declared war, shouldn't the GOP just go 'gently caress it' and pull support entirely?

I'm sure they are furiously doing the min-maxing on what response loses the fewest seats in the House.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Please do this ASAP, thanks in advance.

I can't do this; it's up to the mods.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Night10194 posted:

The danger is their addiction to their base for support. They're worried that if they pull the plug, they'll get slaughtered even worse down ballot.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah but the idea that "sure millions of racists and sexists get to unify behind an idol, but don't worry we will politically martyr him so that'll show his supporters!" is dumb and wrong.

On the other hand, maybe it's right when you don't still have an overwhelming majority.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Captain Magic posted:

chasing guys around backstage with his poo poo-covered underwear on a stick

Uh please tell the full story.

He tried to fart in one of his best friends' faces and ended up sharting and leaving a big brown stain on his pants just before going to the ring on live TV

Then when he came back inside he chased said friend around with the lovely underpants on a stick until he threw up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The danger is their addiction to their base for support. They're worried that if they pull the plug, they'll get slaughtered even worse down ballot.

But that's the thing. Their base is already attacking them because it's stuck tight to the crazy orange fascist they let slither into the top of the ticket. They're going to get slammed either way.

• Locked thread