Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

At E3 didn't they say pretty much every big Xbox One exclusive would be released on PC too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[extremely calm and not furious] it's good that rare replay isn't on pc actually

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

At E3 didn't they say pretty much every big Xbox One exclusive would be released on PC too

Yeah but I don't have a pc that can run game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

i like cool student games, this is a 15 minute one called skybolt zack(or maybe jack? whatever)

This is just your daily reminder that PS2 game Chain Dive is a game that exists and never came out in English and has an Isaac Clarke look alike using Serge's weapon from Chrono Cross to freeze giant bugs and then use a grappling hook to grab onto the frozen bugs and ram into them, shattering them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snak posted:

Gears of W4R is the only game I'm sad I can't play on ps4, but I would never get a bone just to play it. I got a ps4 for Bloodborne and it was worth it.

It's on PC

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't have a gaming PC.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ostentatious posted:

why is beetle adventure racing not brought up more in the conversation of "good n64/PS1 racing games" discussion because it has aged well and is still fun and cool

I just want to say that I appreciated this post and BAR is an excellent game

Too bad it needed a memory pack to save

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Beetle Adventure Racing was a great reaching game but yeah the memory card issue was a bummer. All my n64 memory cards were unreliable so I lost that save many times. One time I even had the Police Car unlocked!

I miss those days of seemingly random licensed games that turn out to be really good. I guess that genre moved to mobile more than anything, didn't it?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Really disappointed nobody mentioned Ecstasy of Order, which is about different Tetris strats, some of the better players and cool versions of Tetris. It's fun.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lizard Wizard posted:

I've got $14.99 burning a hole in my Steam wallet since returning Mad Games Tycoon, any recommendations for a feel-good game?

Guild of Dungeoneering is extremely good and it seems to get very little word of mouth around here

It's like a roguelike board game basically.

e: and Desktop Dungeons which is a lot more detailed roguelike board-game type thing

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

EL BROMANCE posted:

As a filthy casual, if I buy an Xbox One S I'm generally going to enjoy it, yeah? I've not owned a current gen console (excluding my old Wii U) and I have a big OLED screen so the UHD part really sells it over the PS4 Pro. Plus I have more friends on Xbox Live and I've always preferred Xbox controllers. Without doing a side by side comparison, I'm not going to care about PS4P performance being better... I hope?

I have an Xbone and I'm pretty happy with it. The only problems I have is that every game needs to be installed and that many developers rush games out and dump 10-15 GB of patches on them later, but I don't think the PS4 is better in that regard. The only game that has performed poorly enough that I cared about it was Dark Souls 3, but it's not like I wish I'd bought a PS4 instead just because of that.

It's simply not true that the Xbox One doesn't have good exclusives. Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay and Forza Horizon were great. Gears of War 4, Ori and the blind forest and Crackdown all look great, but I haven't played them yet, so I could be wrong. I'm also enjoying ReCore quite a bit so far, but apparently it get's worse later on. It's all a matter of taste obviously, but personally, I'd take those games over Bloodborne.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No but you can play games while the patch downloads in the background, well unless you want to play online anyway.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

It's simply not true that the Xbox One doesn't have good exclusives. Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay and Forza Horizon

You don't understand what exclusive means. The pc is a legitimate Platform, you know.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo, I forgot 2mb Raider comes out today! gently caress, I'm glad I got the day off (for tooth surgery, so I also got a bottle full of Vicodin, yee haw!)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its so crazy that the PS4 has been out for 3 years and Sony has brought out one exclusive game of note. Think of the library PS2 had by 2003 and its shameful in comparison

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't really think that's Sony or Microsoft's fault honestly. The whole point of those consoles was making them easy to develop for so people could dump their games on as many consoles as possible. It's just dumb to put a game on one system anymore.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

Its so crazy that the PS4 has been out for 3 years and Sony has brought out one exclusive game of note. Think of the library PS2 had by 2003 and its shameful in comparison

PC wasn't a massive gaming platform in 2003 and there was no microsoft console. That's not a very fair comparison.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

It's a development costs thing too, all the games that are being developed today with the budgets that those PS2 titles had are now coming out for steam, to the extent that they're coming out at all. Like, what was the studio size for a good PS2-era game, maybe 20 or 30 people? And now we've got indies developing with teams of maybe 5 or 6, and AAA games with teams in the hundreds. It's a different marketplace.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Where the gently caress is the NX

Don't you see? The NX was inside you all along!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Don't you see? The NX was inside you all along!

gah no get it out get it OUT

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

discount cathouse posted:

The pc is a legitimate Platform, you know.

I tend to forget this because I'd never consider getting a gaming PC. The guy I was replying to seemed like he was having trouble deciding between a PS4 and Xbox One, so in that case my point still stands.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thanks all, my One S is installing now. I like how the first 800mb flew by for the update patch, and the last 200mb is designed to make me suffer.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Did DQ Builders come out today? I hope to buy it on the way home...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It seems weird to me to buy a console for a racing game but then, the last racing game I played that didn't involve shooting turtle shells was GT3 on the PS2.

Snak posted:

Yep, and I bought it. I'd be playing it right now except I have work. Speaking of console exclusives...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

I'm gonna wait until I finish the DQ7 remake and I hear some more opinions. Not gonna drop $60 on a Minecraft clone, no matter how cute, unless the amount of "non-Minecraft clone" content is significant.

But even if that's all it is I'll get it eventually just to support more DQ coming to the US.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's a bunch of promising looking ps4 exclusives coming out within a few months: DQ Builders, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Automata, Persona 5. I might finally pick one up.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I'm gonna wait until I finish the DQ7 remake and I hear some more opinions. Not gonna drop $60 on a Minecraft clone, no matter how cute, unless the amount of "non-Minecraft clone" content is significant.

But even if that's all it is I'll get it eventually just to support more DQ coming to the US.

I mean I played the demo. It was really fun. I wouldn't be interested in it if I hadn't. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it without playing the demo, but I'm not sure if the demo is still available now that the game is released.

Just the fact that the game recognizes types of rooms and you can level up your based by building them is pretty cool.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

devtesla posted:

There's a bunch of promising looking ps4 exclusives coming out within a few months: DQ Builders, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Automata, Persona 5. I might finally pick one up.

Nier Automata is coming to PC, Persona 5 still has a PS3 version.

Edit: And DQ Builders also has a Vita version.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also DQ Builders has a Vita version.

Exclusives just aren't as much of a thing anymore.

edit: ^god damnit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
unless you like nintendo games :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I've never known anyone who owned a Vita that didn't like Japanese games to the point of being human garbage.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

bloodychill posted:

It seems weird to me to buy a console for a racing game but then, the last racing game I played that didn't involve shooting turtle shells was GT3 on the PS2.

I'm not a big racing game guy but Forza Horizon game is more of a "driving game" along the lines of Burnout Paradise or something

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

Gears of W4R is the only game I'm sad I can't play on ps4, but I would never get a bone just to play it. I got a ps4 for Bloodborne and it was worth it.

windows 10 innit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tetris is too easy to care about

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

goferchan posted:

I'm not a big racing game guy but Forza Horizon game is more of a "driving game" along the lines of Burnout Paradise or something

Burnout was pretty solid. I didn't know there was a line of Forza games with that more "arcade" feel. Neat.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

especially modern tetris rules which mandate infinite rotation essentially undermining the play for score or for survival mechanics and replacing them with only speedrunning, a fundamental shift in tetris design that i DO NOT LIKE tetris company has RUINED TETRIS

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hello games chat. I have a shoulder injury that does not allow for me to sit at a computer for awhile. Please game safely.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
any racing game that isn't rocking this soundtrack is dead to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wuny-JavvQ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

I played Tetris on a bad airplane controller during a long flight and got the airplane high score back in June, but it did not put me to sleep like I'd hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

corn in the bible posted:

You should play Tetris Battle Gaiden, that game is nuts.

• Locked thread