Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Was it a gaming-related injury? :ohdear:

sort of. I work in an office and for awhile I was playing a lot of Skyrim, and also I sleep the worst way you can sleep for your shoulder. I do exercises 5 times a day and may soon get to the point where I can again slay vampires. Keep me in yoiur prayers to St. Waluigi.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, Cuphead's animations look really sick.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well I bought DQ Builders.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snak posted:

Well I bought DQ Builders.

That seems like the perfect kind of thing for my OCD "mash buttons, gain imaginary points, build stuff with the points" personality but i don't have a PS4.

Has it been good, Snak?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh I'm not even home yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snak posted:

Oh I'm not even home yet.

what the gently caress snak. how am i supposed to scratch the leveling up itch vicariously if you don't race to your place of residence and build giant slime towers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well now i cant install because there's not enough space in system storage. Not that it will tell me how much space it needs. My poo poo keeps getting corrupted though because despite having over 30 gigs free, it never has enough space for anything. I fixed it once, but it took like 8 hours and basically only stayed fixed for a few days.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Just play all day everyday for three weeks or spend $60 on boxes :haw:

Whoa check out this optimist.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bravely Second is freaking sweet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Snak posted:

Well now i cant install because there's not enough space in system storage. Not that it will tell me how much space it needs. My poo poo keeps getting corrupted though because despite having over 30 gigs free, it never has enough space for anything. I fixed it once, but it took like 8 hours and basically only stayed fixed for a few days.

I had that problem with my Wii U twice. Condolences. I will say a few Hail Peach prayers and hope that you soon gain access to your Dragon Quest sandbox building adventure.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

PC wasn't a massive gaming platform in 2003 and there was no microsoft console. That's not a very fair comparison.

schrodingers gaming platform

pc gaming has always been completely dead or at it's peak

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I remember wanting a better PC in 2003 so that I could play some more Myst games, abstractly understanding that there were at least two more of them.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Bravely Second is freaking sweet.

should i play it if i haven't played the first. is the epic catmancer actually good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

should i play it if i haven't played the first. is the epic catmancer actually good

You'll call them nekomancers or nothing at all.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well they gave me the wrong game. Put a dq heroes disk in my dq builders box. Didn't notice until I got to the main menu.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

It's mechanically extremely similar with the great addition of chain battles (clear a encounter in one turn and you can call in enemy reinforcements for bonus multipliers on XP/GIL/JP which just continues as long as you can sustain it) and a ton more jobs so I would say go for it. I haven't unlocked the catmancer yet so I can't say. I only have two jobs but they're both new and they're both already getting really inventive with the abilities, like crafting spells out of a mix and match effects window and being able to equip weapons to your head and chest slot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

You'll call them nekomancers or nothing at all.

first of all sandshrew, even alohan, is not a lizard, and also why would a wizard wear a knight helmet. i don't think i should take advice from you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

Well they gave me the wrong game. Put a dq heroes disk in my dq builders box. Didn't notice until I got to the main menu.

Weird that sucks

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the 3ds has so many good games... :wth:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That happened to me when I bought Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (they put a less ultimate version in the box)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

Mechanically it's like comparing San Andreas to GTA3 - it's basically the same, but more and streamlined. I wasn't nearly as hot on the first one as some people, but Second fixes literally every problem I had with the first and even some I didn't notice until they'd been fixed.

Ultimately it's still a very shallow experience - there's basically no exploration or side stuff (yes, there are Side Stories but I think that them being technically "optional" doesn't change the fact that they play out identically to the main game). I don't think you even have the option of turning off Quest Markers that show you exactly where to go (including the "Side" missions) and even if you could, it'd be masochistic rather than liberating.

It's a lot better in the writing department though - it's hilarious and cute, way moreso than the first one. As long as you like the FF5-style Job System you should be good (since that's all the game is).

Catmancer is an epically mediocre Job though, there's nothing wrong with it but it's not very impressive either. It's basically Blue Mage but better at combat.

The Chef class though, woof, that thing sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

Mechanically it's like comparing San Andreas to GTA3 - it's basically the same, but more and streamlined. I wasn't nearly as hot on the first one as some people, but Second fixes literally every problem I had with the first and even some I didn't notice until they'd been fixed.

Ultimately it's still a very shallow experience - there's basically no exploration or side stuff (yes, there are Side Stories but I think that them being technically "optional" doesn't change the fact that they play out identically to the main game). I don't think you even have the option of turning off Quest Markers that show you exactly where to go (including the "Side" missions) and even if you could, it'd be masochistic rather than liberating.

It's a lot better in the writing department though - it's hilarious and cute, way moreso than the first one. As long as you like the FF5-style Job System you should be good (since that's all the game is).

Catmancer is an epically mediocre Job though, there's nothing wrong with it but it's not very impressive either. It's basically Blue Mage but better at combat.

You can turn off markers in Game Options which I did because the whole game is a hallway if it's anythin like BD1

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What colour should represent poison in games? Green or purple?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

precision posted:

I preferred the story and writing in the first game though that is entirely subjective. The second one definitely more cute and silly to the first one's usually dark tone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Man Wolf Among Us 2 took quite a different direction

(I beat Wolf Among Us last night by the way, pretty good game)

Were u a nice wolf or a mean wolf.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

purple without hesitation, green is for nuclear waste. red is for fire and blue is for slow or ice

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jay Rust posted:

Purple, definitely. There's not much else that can be elementally purple, gotta leave green open for healing or wind.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oddium posted:

the 3ds has so many good games... :wth:

handheld is also out until my shoulder recovers, so it's 1) watching my brother play fallout 4, or 2) console games on the wii u for me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Skies of arcadia iirc used green for both health and poison while purple was for slow and ice iirc

Strange, but it worked

I think there was some other game, some rpg that had both a poison and a heavy poison (I wanna say it was a shadow hearts game maybe??) and they were differentiated but I can't remember by what color

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, went back to gamestop, actually got DQ Builders this time. I assume. This one is sealed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

purple without hesitation, green is for nuclear waste. red is for fire and blue is for slow or ice

Green is speed and grass IMO

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

Okay, went back to gamestop, actually got DQ Builders this time. I assume. This one is sealed.

lol at gamestop

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

lol at gamestop

I mean yeah it's dumb, but it was an honest mistake. Just it shouldn't ever happen doesn't mean it's not going to. They have really great customer service at my local gamestop, so I don't really have any issues with then.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would wind be green?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Leaves blow in the wind

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

boy are my arms tired posted:

any racing game that isn't rocking this soundtrack is dead to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wuny-JavvQ

Couldn't see the video embedded (on mobile) and thought there was a good chance the song was going to be DAYYYTOONAAAAAA

Jay Rust posted:

Is black an option?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Black is cursed, but that is basically a type of poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jay Rust posted:

Why would wind be green?

I dunno either, really, but that's the color that usually represents it in games. Sometimes white or light blue, but nearly all the time it's green.

• Locked thread