Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Don't do that, hope this helps

I love when the pros start the witch hunts :allears:

https://twitter.com/alluCSGO/status/785947277017755648

Whether or not people think this is cheating, it's pretty sad that we're in a day and age when any insane kill is primarily evaluated as possibly cheating rather than as crazy cool luck/skill. I've made more bullshit kills than that before and it's an understandable spam spot. Be easier to judge it from a player cam POV, but it doesn't really scream cheats to me on a first pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

If Valve cared to do a drat thing to try and stop hacking perhaps any lucky or skillful kill wouldn't immediately be met with suspicions of cheating but its so rampant its hard to blame people for thinking that way.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Don't do that, hope this helps

I love when the pros start the witch hunts :allears:

https://twitter.com/alluCSGO/status/785947277017755648

They're on the same team eh? So wouldn't this be what some call joking?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

whodatwhere posted:

What are jokes

Though I would love some team drama like that. Would be hilarious.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 11, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

whodatwhere posted:

:thejoke: yes u got it good work

:stare: the new auto-bhop flags are so sick

https://giant.gfycat.com/DismalWholeIvorybilledwoodpecker.webm

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 12, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
First matchmaking conspiracies, then really bad posts freaking out about the ump and now taking banter between friends at face value.
Come on, step it up guys.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

What's up with that quakeworld in my CS gif?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Faffel posted:

What's up with that quakeworld in my CS gif?

You can enable autobhopping with an sv command now

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

4000+ VAC wave, feels good.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Wow that vac wave.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

4000+ VAC wave, feels good.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

charge your phone

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

40% is fine, relax

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Google Butt posted:

40% is fine, relax

Is it though?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

:eyepop:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
MG2 feels like a pretty tough rank to push through. For every good game in MG2, I have another where I get absolutely destroyed by people with precog levels of game sense.

I don't expect to get very high playing solo, but it would be nice to hover around DMG at least. :unsmith:

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

impossible to rank up playing with ppl in this game, every1 sucks, gotta solo queue

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
But the UMP is good, makes the FAMAS look like a waste of money

Oh wait

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I don't expect to get very high playing solo, but it would be nice to hover around DMG at least. :unsmith:

Nonsense. Playing solo, I managed to maintain Global Elite for a couple matches when I started in the Nova range. You can do it, friend. I believe in you! You must now believe in yourself

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

MG2 feels like a pretty tough rank to push through. For every good game in MG2, I have another where I get absolutely destroyed by people with precog levels of game sense.

I feel ya, it's smurf country over here.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I don't plug my phone in until 5%, I can charge to full in about forty minutes so there's no reason wait until I have to

stump collector
May 28, 2007
just work on your aim every day if you want to go higher and have the time to do so. learn a couple smokes and flashes for every bombsite of every map you enjoy playing and your rank will go up pretty fast

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Ugh I need to prime this other account. Just checked and probably at least a dozen people in the past 4-5 days all just got vacced that I played against. It's sad when people can't click heads in MG levels of gameplay.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you're correct, prime is a good thing

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got to play some community comp Infernew last night and I'm really impressed. I love these new maps.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

stump collector posted:

just work on your aim every day if you want to go higher and have the time to do so. learn a couple smokes and flashes for every bombsite of every map you enjoy playing and your rank will go up pretty fast

Probably boils down to working on my rifles, getting more map knowledge. I can play something like Dust 2 relatively well because that map is ingrained in my head, but then it's like, "Cobble. gently caress. How do I push this?"

When I'm actively trying I play like garbage. When I just relax and have a good time I just nail every headshot. I guess the lesson is to never try. :v:

kordansk posted:

Ugh I need to prime this other account. Just checked and probably at least a dozen people in the past 4-5 days all just got vacced that I played against. It's sad when people can't click heads in MG levels of gameplay.

I can't imagine how lovely things must be outside of Prime. In Prime, I still see people doing weirdo poo poo like nailing multiple headshots from across the map with one deags, or pushing the one spot where nobody's looking every single round.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is mesmerizing

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I can't imagine how lovely things must be outside of Prime. In Prime, I still see people doing weirdo poo poo like nailing multiple headshots from across the map with one deags, or pushing the one spot where nobody's looking every single round.
None of this is out of the ordinary. Just remember you're playing against real people that are trying to figure you our across a 30+ minute match.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Xx0k_TVY0

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

FROM IVY
OUT MIDDLE
THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR
LIKE A SPEED DEMON
OH MY GOD

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

oh god I forget how much I miss 1.6 train (am I horrible?). *edit* wait is some of that source? If it's 1.6 his game looks different than I recall, perhaps due to stretching, but the kill feed does look like 1.6...

Also, played a pair of GN4 games last night because my all acct got dropped from LE to GN4 for inactivity. First game we went 10-0 to start CT side, ended 11-4 because I started loving around. This loving around continued to T side and we ended up tied 15-15 (whooooops). Second game was derankers, so I was runing around with a negev and doing stupid poo poo, got the "you are going to get kicked for team damage you idiot", threw a molly the next round and team ran into it thus getting me kicked.

10/10 would do again.

v------ ??? Dunno what you're wtfing. The fact that i can't tell the difference between source and 1.6, or that I liked the dark scary, oh poo poo someone could be hiding anywhere, de_train. Maps like that were dubious for competitive play because of bullshit spots where you couldn't see CTs under train, but I have a lot of fond memories, I spent thousands of hours playing 1.6 from like 14-20ish

MF_James fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 12, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

MF_James posted:

oh god I forget how much I miss 1.6 train (am I horrible?). *edit* wait is some of that source? If it's 1.6 his game looks different than I recall, perhaps due to stretching, but the kill feed does look like 1.6...
Wtf

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I just wish this wasn't 95% of my interactions at MG1.

"It's 3v3 post plant. Please stay on the site instead of being a greedy kill hunting piece of poo poo"
"gently caress you don't tell me what to do"
*Runs down banana and gets killed*
"OH MY GOD 85 IN 4 gently caress THIS GAAAAAAAAME"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

MF_James posted:

Also, played a pair of GN4 games last night because my all acct got dropped from LE to GN4 for inactivity. First game we went 10-0 to start CT side, ended 11-4 because I started loving around.

Nah dude, that's just how incompetent nova players are at t side mirage. Even when I opened up sites with a 2k, our shitter teammates still almost managed to die without a bombplant.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Terrific Accident posted:

I just wish this wasn't 95% of my interactions at MG1.

"It's 3v3 post plant. Please stay on the site instead of being a greedy kill hunting piece of poo poo"
"gently caress you don't tell me what to do"
*Runs down banana and gets killed*
"OH MY GOD 85 IN 4 gently caress THIS GAAAAAAAAME"

Just call out positions, don't babysit people. No reason to stress out over this at that level.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Triggered.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Daeno fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 4, 2020

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MF_James posted:

The fact that i can't tell the difference between source and 1.6

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Daeno posted:

He's probably wtfing because it's more fun to crush glass into my eye rather than try to follow along with your scatterbrained posts.

Here I'll give you a free edit:

:aslol::aslol::aslol::aslol::aslol::aslol::aslol::aslol::aslol: