Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dirt posted:

The is President making fun of Alex Jones now
https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/785980116530638848

This election is weird

I wish we didn't only get this Obama every four years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I feel like 28-29 days is still too much time for entropy to occur. Hopefully enough people got out to mail absentee ballots/early vote

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Augus posted:

My shitposts about anime are gonna be a part of history!

My posts belong in a museum

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

1stGear posted:

My nephew doing a paper in 10 years: "Uncle FirstGear, did you really call people faggots for not liking the same video games as you?"

Me: *tugs collar nervously, glances side-to-side*
Seriously though, the conversations of average people that they don't know are being recorded for posterity are at least as valuable as government documents etc for future historians. I can't even imagine what it will be like for them going forward with the treasure trove of information about normal people's lives that the Internet represents.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

OAquinas posted:

This is interesting.

In a conventional election (lol, what are those?), the senate would be in play and the house...well, the GOP majority might get dinged slightly.
With a Hillary +9 polling level, the senate should be edging D and the House may actually be in striking range outside of jokes...but still unlikely.

That's a "normal" election.

With Trump going completely off the rails the downballot effects are going to potentially be huge. Consider that most districts are gerrymandered to 5-8% GOP. Now take a +5-6 Clinton effect.
Now on top of that say maybe 1/10th of the GOP vote skips the downballot in protest. That's still 5% of the vote the candidate is losing.

It's still a bit early to see how the Trumpster fire pans out, but this has the ability to electorally annihilate the GOP in a way HRC could never dream of doing alone.

i mean, we may be looking at a case where the right wing vote is split between the deplorables voting trump at the top of the ticket and skipping the downballot, and the old school republicans skipping the presidential vote but voting R on the downballot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

still lollin at the fact trump really is going to make america great again.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I'm going to miss campaign Obama. He owns

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chokes McGee posted:

My posts belong in a museum

The Museum of.... bad posts!!!!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pastrymancy posted:

I feel like 28-29 days is still too much time for entropy to occur. Hopefully enough people got out to mail absentee ballots/early vote

Luckily most news outlets seem to be focusing on Trump melting down, which hopefully will continue. My inner Arzy is worried that the media could decide to go into horserace mode and make a big deal about the new Clinton Foundation emails

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Pastrymancy posted:

Thermodynamics does not work like that.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like Trump is gonna make up his ground in the polls but still lose and there won't be much effect on house/senate.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Seriously though, the conversations of average people that they don't know are being recorded for posterity are at least as valuable as government documents etc for future historians. I can't even imagine what it will be like for them going forward with the treasure trove of information about normal people's lives that the Internet represents.
Thankfully I've never done social media so most of the dumb or offensive things I've said online can't be attributed to me. Of course I bever dabbled in rape apologistics or admitted to sexual assault.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

are you guys loving kidding. this isn't going to be close no matter what happens.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Dirt posted:

The is President making fun of Alex Jones now
https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/785980116530638848

This election is weird

Beautiful.

Boggles my mind that my brother tried to get me to follow Alex Jones when I was a young, impressionable teenager. I listened to a couple shows then dismissed him as paranoid and reactionary.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

are you guys loving kidding. this isn't going to be close no matter what happens.

:yeah:

Good guy Trump is gonna win bigly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

Thankfully I've never done social media so most of the dumb or offensive things I've said online can't be attributed to me. Of course I bever dabbled in rape apologistics or admitted to sexual assault.
As long as you do that in a locker room it's ok.

edit: country club clubhouses are also ok.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

i mean, something like the lf/d&d political cartoon thread is probably going to be a really good resource for future historians to see the cultural attitudes that were present at the time, not just the major stuff but also a lot of the white noise that gets glossed over in hindsight but contributes heavily to the cultural background

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

5436 posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like Trump is gonna make up his ground in the polls but still lose and there won't be much effect on house/senate.
how will this occur

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*totally unhinged trump goes nuts and attacks his own party after a bunch of big names drop him while clinton has a historically huge lead less than a month out* well guys i just have this FEELING it's gonna be a squeaker!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Alex Jones is a national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpkzptvDpDY

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Nessus posted:

how will this occur

Time passes, people forget or care less about pussyghazi, turnout increases for Trump.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

As long as you do that in a locker room it's ok.

edit: country club clubhouses are also ok.

As are media tour buses!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

5436 posted:

Time passes, people forget or care less about pussyghazi, turnout increases for Trump.
We got one more debate coming and I'm sure there is at least one more horrible thing about Domald Tromp in the Hillary quiver. I ain't worried.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

computer parts posted:

Few pages back, but ~30 years is about the time when you can start getting critical historical assessment of something instead of just "x is a big shitbag because of what I heard on TV so I don't doubt he murdered those orphans".

I am late, but that makes sense. How are Hillary's books? I saw she wrote a few and was considering reading one.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Nessus posted:

We got one more debate coming and I'm sure there is at least one more horrible thing about Domald Tromp in the Hillary quiver. I ain't worried.

Yea I mean there 2 I can think about easily that they haven't even talked about. Global Warming (only for like 3 seconds when he denied he said it was a hoax) and deporting all illegals and how they would do that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

IIRC there was someone claiming that they could release one horrible story about Trump every day until the election like a month ago.

Hillary team has like 3 times the amount of horrible poo poo that person claimed to have had.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

*totally unhinged trump goes nuts and attacks his own party after a bunch of big names drop him while clinton has a historically huge lead less than a month out* well guys i just have this FEELING it's gonna be a squeaker!

But his political operation is so savvy, they've been registering voters left and right!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Winner is Jew posted:

IIRC there was someone claiming that they could release one horrible story about Trump every day until the election like a month ago.

Hillary team has like 3 times the amount of horrible poo poo that person claimed to have had.

That was Rick Wilson. Being able to release a story a day doesn't mean they're all going to be on the level of the pussy grabbing tape.

Personally I expect more horrible poo poo to come, but it has to be incredibly overtly terrible or aimed at white people to matter at this point. :negative:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

comingafteryouall posted:

But his political operation is so savvy, they've been registering voters left and right!

So, two people then?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they don't have to release poo poo, trump is gonna be melting down for weeks. he's only gonna win white man vote and you can't win with that or even get close.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Nessus posted:

I am crossing my fingers for a new recording every Friday until November.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Looking at the electoral map, is there a (even slightly plausible) way for Trump to win if Hillary takes both OH and NC? Seems like he'd need something like PA, FL, WI, CO and NV to win at that point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Julio Cruz posted:

Looking at the electoral map, is there a (even slightly plausible) way for Trump to win if Hillary takes both OH and NC? Seems like he'd need something like PA, FL, WI, CO and NV to win at that point.

the only way trump wins this election is either a video of hillary making GBS threads on the flag while hailing satan (she probably still wins but it's a good shot for him) or she has a stroke (slight win for him).

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/10/mccain-obama-not-an-arab-crowd-boos-014479

Reading this article today was astonishing to me. Trump is exactly the candidate these people have wanted for a long time. Now that he's finally given it to them, they're never going back quietly

quote:

Yet another voter implored McCain in plain terms: "The people here in Minnesota want to see a real fight."

McCain promised the audience he wouldn’t back down — but again sought to tamp down emotions.

"We want to fight, and I will fight," McCain said. "But I will be respectful. I admire Sen. Obama and his accomplishments, and I will respect him."

At which point he was booed again.

"I don't mean that has to reduce your ferocity," he added over the jeers. "I just mean to say you have to be respectful."

The anger is plainly worrying McCain and his campaign. Already viewed with skepticism by the conservative base, they don’t want to throw a proverbial wet blanket over the enthusiasm of the worker bees of the party. But they also fear a backlash from less partisan — and still undecided — voters seeing clips of the angry activists on TV and online.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

horse race narrative, where one of the horses is a dying camel and the other is a purebred stallion in the prime of its life

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Endorph posted:

horse race narrative, where one of the horses is a dying camel and the other is a purebred stallion in the prime of its life
Wow, tortoise and the hare much? Checkmate, smug lib idiot.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

No. There's no way.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

A Winner is Jew posted:

Every so often someone in this thread says "The Clinton campaign has enough dirt to bury him every day twice over!" but we've never really seen an example of that. The closest we got was the Alicia Machado thing, but that wasn't dirt so much as it was bait. The Clinton campaign didn't leak the tape, didn't leak the Ivanka rear end comments, and hasn't leaked anything noteworthy this entire election.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wow, tortoise and the hare much? Checkmate, smug lib idiot.
donald trump is losing the race, which makes him the tortoise, and he's also a moron, which makes him the hare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Euphoriaphone posted:

Every so often someone in this thread says "The Clinton campaign has enough dirt to bury him every day twice over!" but we've never really seen an example of that. The closest we got was the Alicia Machado thing, but that wasn't dirt so much as it was bait. The Clinton campaign didn't leak the tape, didn't leak the Ivanka rear end comments, and hasn't leaked anything noteworthy this entire election.

they likely leaked the tax thing and the cuba dealings though

• Locked thread