Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mogomra posted:

Yeah, there's all sorts of ~*wacky*~ antics, but in the back of your brain, you can't help but think about how the loving Earth will blow up if these dips don't stop goofing around. Why do they keep goofing around?

The best part about it is that they fail anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Mogomra posted:

Also, we've got all of the loving characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and we're just focusing on Pan (stereotypical idiot kiddo), Trunks (weirdly competent, but still completely useless), and new kid Goku (boring punch kid). What were they thinking?

You nailed it! The depiction of GT Trunks was proof that the show was silly. GT Trunks looked like a Super Saiyan brought to you by Old Navy, with his hideous khaki shorts and fashionable equestrian riding jacket. He flew around taking orders from Pan and acting like a bumbling doofus, when he was the son of a super scientist and a proud alien prince. Gimme a break.

Thankfully, Dragon Ball Super gave dignity back to Trunks, where the Future version of him is a total badass, and arguably even a savior of humanity, since he killed the Androids and prevented Majin Buu from hatching. Even Papa Vegeta is proud of his Future son.

Super's Future Trunks would hulk out and slice up Baby in approximately 2 seconds and give him the Freeza treatment. The guy knows how to get poo poo done.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 11, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mogomra posted:

Yeah, there's all sorts of ~*wacky*~ antics, but in the back of your brain, you can't help but think about how the loving Earth will blow up if these dips don't stop goofing around. Why do they keep goofing around?

The characters in Dragonball have seen enough celestial bodies blown up they have PTSD. Goofing off about it is the only way they can cope with the dread of knowing Yamcha or Goten is capable of ending all life on Earth. The Dark Dragonballs are no different.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They replaced with a regular "Hi" now :(

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Mogomra posted:

Also, we've got all of the loving characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and we're just focusing on Pan (stereotypical idiot kiddo), Trunks (weirdly competent, but still completely useless), and new kid Goku (boring punch kid). What were they thinking?
I assumed they were trying to recreate the original Dragonball, with Pan as Goku's stand in, Trunks as Bulma, and Goku because it's against the law to not have him fix everything apparently.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jedah posted:

You nailed it! The depiction of GT Trunks was proof that the show was silly. GT Trunks looked like a Super Saiyan brought to you by Old Navy, with his hideous khaki shorts and fashionable equestrian riding jacket. He flew around taking orders from Pan and acting like a bumbling doofus, when he was the son of a super scientist and a proud alien prince. Gimme a break.

Thankfully, Dragon Ball Super gave dignity back to Trunks, where the Future version of him is a total badass, and arguably even a savior of humanity, since he killed the Androids and prevented Majin Buu from hatching. Even Papa Vegeta is proud of his Future son.

Super's Future Trunks would hulk out and slice up Baby in approximately 2 seconds and give him the Freeza treatment. The guy knows how to get poo poo done.

Also even through she just a baby, the version of Pan is so far a lot more fun then her GT version.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GT Pan is probably meant to evoke early-Buu saga Videl too but it doesn't quite work.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
In GT, the Shadow Dragons came out of Earth's Dragon Balls. What do you think would come out of Namek's Dragon Balls?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

In GT, the Shadow Dragons came out of Earth's Dragon Balls. What do you think would come out of Namek's Dragon Balls?
gently caress the Namekian Dragon Balls, what monstrosities would come out of the Super Dragon Balls?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Raxivace posted:

gently caress the Namekian Dragon Balls, what monstrosities would come out of the Super Dragon Balls?

7 more Chi-Chis

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Hug is really the finest moment in the entire show.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That is spectacular.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Rirse posted:

Also even through she just a baby, the version of Pan is so far a lot more fun then her GT version.

Agreed, Super's Pan is great. She seems like how the character was supposed to be written.

Super made DragonBall Great Again :911:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Did Trunks just turn into Broly? :psyduck:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jedah posted:

I really like Super. in some ways it is stupid fanfiction but in some ways DBZ was stupid fanfiction and in some ways Dragonball was stupid fanfiction so I'm all good with that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

Agreed, Super's Pan is great. She seems like how the character was supposed to be written.

Will Super last long enough that we see Pan beaten into the ground like Videl?

Toriyama does not tolerate women fighting for long.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Did Trunks just turn into Broly? :psyduck:

SSJ-Insane

edit: I'm guessing

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I wonder if it's relevant that the inside part of his aura was bluish. Is he combining God Ki with normal Ki? Idk.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Silento posted:

I wonder if it's relevant that the inside part of his aura was bluish. Is he combining God Ki with normal Ki? Idk.

It's definitely relevant, though it remains to be seen whether he's actually using God Ki or if it's just visual shorthand for "Hey, Trunks is >= SSB now."

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I did not realize bad guys were into hugs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I keep thinking it means Trunks is about to tap into SSB, but he's so full of rage and fury that he's not finishing the transformation. Like the anger will give him a boost of power but a massive reduction in stamina and he'll run out fast compared to Goku and Vegeta turning it off and on at will. Enough time to buy the Bafuda from the skill shop and eat another big brunch.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I've been thinking about the Broly/Trunks situation. Originally they were very different types of cool. Pure hulking power fantasy vs a more stainable denim jacket next generation cool.

I guess they blurred it a little with Trunks going USSJ with cell, but now if they were to do something with Broly it would probably cause confusion about how Trunks and him are connected.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Okay, but think about this:

If Trunks is the next generation of legendary super saiyan how pissed off would Vegeta get?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Part of me thinks Trunks can't go the traditional god form, and has essentially created something new. Gotta use that human blood for something.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Momomo posted:

Part of me thinks Trunks can't go the traditional god form, and has essentially created something new. Gotta use that human blood for something.

Super Saiyan Human God Super Saiyan???

That'd be super loving dope if that's his version of SSB due to being a halfling.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I had this funny theory that the emotions locked-up from mind control being released are what fuel Broly's power, sort of like Tetsuo from Akira. Also the thought of the God choir playing to Broly was amusing.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

ImpAtom posted:

Okay, but think about this:

If Trunks is the next generation of legendary super saiyan how pissed off would Vegeta get?

If he starts wrecking poo poo like they're suggesting he will I assume Vegeta could not be happier. #1 the strongest would not be Goku #2 the strongest would be his son not Goku's. What more could he want for the future?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

He might be an rear end in a top hat, but Vegeta's got a nurturing side to him when it comes to helping others get strong, so I think he'd be fine with Trunks surpassing him. It just means he has to train even more to be the stronger one again. It's really just Goku being stronger that gets him mad, these days.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Bulma sewed Super Saiyan God ki into Trunks' jacket. This snappy ensemble will save the day.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mraagvpeine posted:

I had this funny theory that the emotions locked-up from mind control being released are what fuel Broly's power, sort of like Tetsuo from Akira. Also the thought of the God choir playing to Broly was amusing.

Broly isn't real or your friend.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

zelah posted:

I guess they blurred it a little with Trunks going USSJ with cell, but now if they were to do something with Broly it would probably cause confusion about how Trunks and him are connected.

Not if they just use this as a means of explaining away the "legendary" part.

Maybe something along the lines of Broly not actually being legendary, just completely loving nuts. Like, we've seen that getting angry makes them stronger (Goku even showed that off in this episode), so maybe just completely and utterly snapping just puts them into some kind of unlimited power hyper mode.

Trunks just found out he was the reason for his entire world dying and started babbling on about accepting sin. He seems pretty nuts to me just now.

edit: Super really feels like it's making effort here and there to tie previous plotlines into the main continuity, i don't think it would be too much of a stretch for the Movies to be retconned in in some capacity.

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 11, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Aura stacking is a thing in Dragon Ball now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Trunks tapped into God power but the rage is just pushing the SSJ2 aura out

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zamasus are the best villain

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hope we get Gogeta cause Gogeta owns

a cartoon duck posted:

i loved the part where Zamasu and Zamasu hugged, evilly

DBS owns a lot

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I did not realize bad guys were into hugs.

Maybe they are the good guys? Maybe it was Ningen that were the bad guys after all. makes you think.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Trunks shouldn't have been loving up the timelines for a reason! Jaco warned us that it was a Galactic Offense!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kin posted:

edit: Super really feels like it's making effort here and there to tie previous plotlines into the main continuity, i don't think it would be too much of a stretch for the Movies to be retconned in in some capacity.

They could just link DBS continuity to Xenoverse and explain the movies and GT as alternative timelines.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

sassassin posted:

Will Super last long enough that we see Pan beaten into the ground like Videl?

Toriyama does not tolerate women fighting for long.

Super should last long enough for us to see Pan vs. Cabba at another big tournament. Piccolo could be Pan's teacher, and Gohan would approve of this. They could have this great shot where you see the cast of Super sitting in the stands, and cheering for Pan. Mr. Satan would be waving a giant flag back and forth and getting the crowd excited. Piccolo would be pacing around the stage like a worried coach, shouting instructions at Pan.

Something like that would be a nice throwback to DBZ.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

They could just link DBS continuity to Xenoverse and explain the movies and GT as alternative timelines.

I'd love this only, ONLY, if Bulma peeks into the alternate movies universe and scream in horror as BoG!Bulma holds her birthday in her house instead of a cruise ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Small note, Trunks in Super now wears a turtle neck, as he does under his coat as leader of Time Patrol, possibly a deliberate choice? DBS did change his hair to Blue, which hasn't applied to TP Trunks though.

Would be interesting if they worked SSJ4 into DBS, since it's not just a progression of regular SSJ. Could rename it though.

• Locked thread