Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah, the one on the left is def the 80s toy style.

Naw, she's definitely a Fakie G3 Pony from the 2000's. The G1 80's Ponies were larger and less "chubby". "Fakies" -bootleg My Little Ponies- have been around since the beginning and there are MLP collectors with a soft spot for them because they really are... something. Like, obviously My Little Ponies aren't realistic at all but with some Fakies it's like, do you even know what a pony is?

(Don't look at me like that. I collected My Little Ponies since I was a little girl.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

I was at the dollar store today and tried looking for hilarious knockoffs, but they mostly have licensed stuff or things that I don't recognise as a knockoff. Best I could find was magic pony.

Not very remarkable, except what the gently caress is going on with their eyes? Even in magic pony land, one of these horses must have a severe skull deformity.

Not a knockoff, but I thought vacuum packed corn from Thailand was a little weird.

At first I thought it must be some weird corn on the cob themed candy, but no, it is fresh cobs of corn. Best Before june 2017, somehow. Why? Why is canada importing this? At $2 for 2 cobs it's not even a super cheap price for corn. Why does this exist?

Hello, fellow canadian goon.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

treiz01 posted:

Hello, fellow canadian goon.

:tipshat:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
In Canada, corn comes in bags.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

At first I thought it must be some weird corn on the cob themed candy, but no, it is fresh cobs of corn. Best Before june 2017, somehow. Why? Why is canada importing this? At $2 for 2 cobs it's not even a super cheap price for corn. Why does this exist?

Why would you assume it was imported? Canada produces lots of corn.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Throatwarbler posted:

He didn't assume. He stated in his post it's from Thailand and here is a video also stating its from Thailand:

https://youtu.be/e1keveQgDcQ

Also, photographic proof:

Sorry this guy's vacuum packed corn from Thailand triggered your autism. Fitting avatar, BTW. HTH.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Oct 11, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Throatwarbler posted:

Probably enough for their population, but compared to actual "corn producing" countries, not so much. They only make about 1% of the global yield, compared to ~35% for the US and ~21% for China. Not sure what the breakdown is between feed/seed/industrial is.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Throatwarbler posted:

Why did you assume he was assuming? You're a stupid, stupid person.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I thought Canada was more about sweet, sweet wheat.

Might have thought this up during a Canadian Mist-induced stupor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

we are the Funyuns posted:

Sorry this guy's vacuum packed corn from Thailand triggered your autism. Fitting avatar, BTW. HTH.

food court bailiff posted:

Why did you assume he was assuming? You're a stupid, stupid person.
you folks have some issues.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Captain Invictus posted:

you folks have some issues.

The issue is the original post states that it came from Thailand. Why the hell would he not assume it's imported when its right on the package?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Less corn chat, and more bootlegs on the double, Robin! On the double!

Bonus tmnt:

With in an in-depth review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_bYMCRLB1o

EorayMel has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Oct 8, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

we are the Funyuns posted:

The issue is the original post states that it came from Thailand. Why the hell would he not assume it's imported when its right on the package?
The issue is how bent out of shape you are getting over it. It's like he shot your dog. Your off-brand, knockoff, Evil Clever Dog.

They look to be knockoffs or at least extremely similar to Beast Wars Transformers.

DIAMOND ELEPHANT. HOEL LEO. THUNDER TIGER. KNIGHT LEOPARD. THUNDER CRAZY OX. EXCAVATION BEAR. EVIL CLEVER DOG.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

The issue is how bent out of shape you are getting over it. It's like he shot your dog. Your off-brand, knockoff, Evil Clever Dog.

They look to be knockoffs or at least extremely similar to Beast Wars Transformers.

DIAMOND ELEPHANT. HOEL LEO. THUNDER TIGER. KNIGHT LEOPARD. THUNDER CRAZY OX. EXCAVATION BEAR. EVIL CLEVER DOG.

gently caress I really want Evil Clever Dog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe there isn't someone stocking up on stupid gimmicky knockoff garbage like Evil Clever Dog, Amusing Duck, Titanic Bot and such. Like, you could sell those online and make a fortune, I would pay 7 dollars for an Evil Clever Dog just for the novelty of it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Nego Grelpens

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Nego Grelpens

This is what they based the Ghostbusters franchises off.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Invictus posted:

Where the hell do I get me a knight leopard

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dollarama, apparently.

I feel like there's enough demand that maybe a "bootleg hunting thread" might be a good idea. Going to dollar stores and posting the sort of poo poo you find and seeing if people might be interested in it. Have a list of must-buys like Evil Clever Dog, Amusing Duck, etc :v:

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

drat I need an Excavation Bear.
Also, Thunder Crazy Ox is a Rhino isn't it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Most certainly is. Here's Ashens reviewing the bloody thing with some details shots of the back of the card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpVcIBSsNSQ

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I only skipped through that video with the sound turned off, but the way the reviewer tossed the evil clever dog aside at the end of the review looked really mean-spirited. If he only paid £1 for that, that's amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remember seeing a video or two of Ashens years ago and being somewhat amused, but everything since then has been painfully unfunny for the most part, just going through the motions.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I remember seeing a video or two of Ashens years ago and being somewhat amused, but everything since then has been painfully unfunny for the most part, just going through the motions.

His one redeeming quality is that he doesn't do the Annoying Youtube Half-Shouting Voice like his friend Barry for instance.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

You Are A Elf posted:

Nego Grelpens

Have to give that packaging artist props for accurately representing the toy. :tipshat:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

sounds familiar

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spit on my clit posted:

sounds familiar
Please keep your pathetic snipes to the weird fanart thread, thank you.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Please tell me which store this was so I can go there right now

If memory serves it was called DEALS ONLY!! (two exclamation points), in downtown Astoria. I took that picture earlier this year tho

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

Please keep your pathetic snipes to the weird fanart thread, thank you.

i was talking about my own posts thank you very much

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I like Ashens but his mic setup likes to capture all the sounds of cheap plastic and paper being felt, moved, and crinkled. It's like horrible toy ASMR.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

I only skipped through that video with the sound turned off, but the way the reviewer tossed the evil clever dog aside at the end of the review looked really mean-spirited.
Hoo boy you should see his blind bag videos.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Radio Help posted:

If memory serves it was called DEALS ONLY!! (two exclamation points), in downtown Astoria. I took that picture earlier this year tho

If that bag's gone then you sir owe me one (1) "SPIDER-MAN HDUSLXJZCBZGADIA" backpack

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Kumaton posted:

I like Ashens but his mic setup likes to capture all the sounds of cheap plastic and paper being felt, moved, and crinkled. It's like horrible toy ASMR.

He actually said on an interview once that he gets constant messages from really creepy ASMR people all the time who tell him that his pleasing voice and all the crinkling have made him a weird ASMR celebrity.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Hoo boy you should see his blind bag videos.

The My Little Pony one is a work of art.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgYjp9_Vj6I

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
So I recently got hold of some pretty amazing knockoff pokemon toys from (presumably) china. They are pretty awful/amazing.

Heres the box they come in, you can see they are inside these cheap little Gatchapon capsule like pokeballs, they are not easy to open due to the awful molding.

These are what the tiny figures like, there are some allright ones like this Tyranitar

Or this Registeel

However others like this poor Blastoise are not quite as well produced,

Or this thing which im pretty sure is not a pokemon at all, (sorry about the blur)

As an extra here is some random knockoff Mega charizard X next to a legitimate one, can you tell which is real?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kea posted:

These are what the tiny figures like, there are some allright ones like this Tyranitar

Or this Registeel

However others like this poor Blastoise are not quite as well produced,

Or this thing which im pretty sure is not a pokemon at all, (sorry about the blur)

Those look like Pokémon gummy candy, which I would eat the poo poo out of.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Those look like Pokémon gummy candy, which I would eat the poo poo out of.

Hang on ill check.

Edit: not candy

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Man, charizard needs to stop letting his son do coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Dreddout posted:

Man, charizard needs to stop letting his son do coke.

Knowing that Grey and blue Charizard is real made me feel really, really old.