Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

climboutonalimb posted:

Given Trump is pushing "poll watchers" more aggressively than voter registration and GOTV efforts, I expect it's highly likely that a significant number of his supporters are turned away from voting because they aren't registered and yet will still end up outside polling locations intimidating non-white voters. Obviously this will be proof in their addled minds that the system is rigged.

And its a quick call to the FBI/Police to solve that. Take their picture, and hope they enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Crossposting from the CSPAM/BoneZone:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

It's actually a decent piece from Cracked (really!) about where Trump supporters are coming from, while fully acknowledging how terrible their opinions are.

This poo poo is sticking with us even after the orange vulgarian departs the scene, so it's definitely worth a read.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Hey, you laugh now. But I've have it on good authority by Lt. Col. Bill Burkett that it's 100% legit!

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Other fun facts from that transcript: Ryan praising Pinochet's "moral revolution." I mean, not a surprise or anything, but always worth remembering that Trump isn't the only fascist in the party.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

In terms of timing, this is the worst possible time other than the few days prior to Nov 8th for these scandal(s) to be landing and to be so behind in the polls right? Early voting has already started, many voter registration deadlines have ended/are ending this week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

How the gently caress do they keep falling for MRT's tweets.

They'll cite my other hoaxes as evidence new ones are real.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Other fun facts from that transcript: Ryan praising Pinochet's "moral revolution." I mean, not a surprise or anything, but always worth remembering that Trump isn't the only fascist in the party.

The gently caress is with the GOP's hard on for Pinochet? Why him in particular?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This does own, very much so.

Both the Skinner box effect and the compelling narrative it creates makes me actually honestly believe this is a piece of avant garde campaigning.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

MassRafTer posted:

You're doing God's work.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

It's in the article about miss Teen USA, which she was the host of, and one of the contestants remember her saying that at the time. An anonymous one, so it's not really a strongly sourced quote.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

MassRafTer posted:

:golfclap: you're doing the lord's work

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

MassRafTer posted:

good job, friend :)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

And its a quick call to the FBI/Police to solve that. Take their picture, and hope they enjoy.

Yes I'm sure the police, some of which like the San Antonio police which have shown outward support for Trump, will be there real quick . Or you know nothing will happen and many minorities will be intimidated away from the polls.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Night10194 posted:

The gently caress is with the GOP's hard on for Pinochet? Why him in particular?
I just assume it's specifically hatred of Allende that makes Pinochet shine extra bright in comparison to all the other tinpot dictators.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This needs to not be behind the panhandling popup.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This is the equivalent of the backwards B with a wikileaks flare. Completely made up on its face (ha), but anyone that wants to believe it will not be convinced.

Why are these people so incompetent at forging documents? Its beyond comical at this point, it almost feels intentionally fake to troll the poo poo out of true believers.

Best forged documents ever would be Russians faking "Ukrainian Security Service" documents to spread online... And spelling the organization's name wrong.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Night10194 posted:

He was anti-communist and a friend to Reagan and Thatcher.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Night10194 posted:

True, you don't hear all that much about Suharto, for example. Uninformed guess? He was more explicit about implementing then-fringe pet theories in supply-sidism as an ideological project at the advisement of American conservatives.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MassRafTer posted:

Seriously, this is pretty incredible. The Yes Men would be proud of you.

...unless...

:aaaaa:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Potato Salad posted:

And it's the Democrats who haven't worked a day in their lives?

No, it's Democrats who are the ((( globalists ))) who deal with things like numbers and invoices. Trump supporters consider that only they do "work" because they're unfit for any loving thing beyond unskilled labour, so unskilled labour must be the only kind of real work.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Night10194 posted:

Read The Shock Doctrine for a deep asnwer. Pinochet was pals with Reagan, but all the n-word economists also went to Chile post-coup and used it to prove their economic theories about the free market. Friedman in particular loved how American businesses did in Chile.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

fits my needs posted:

Yes I'm sure the police, some of which like the San Antonio police which have shown outward support for Trump, will be there real quick . Or you know nothing will happen and many minorities will be intimidated away from the polls.

Historically speaking, this sort of gratuitous appeal to suppress the minority vote actually tends to drive the minority vote up. Shockingly enough, black voters in particular get really pissed off when someone tries to prevent them from voting.

Now, an organized effort might suppress the vote enough to cancel out this effect, but I'm not sure the word "organized" can be applied to a small mob of angry white dudes with a mounted rascal detachment.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, to admit that Pinochet was a monster is to have to face up to the fact that 20th-century America supported a lot of monsters, and from there to be forced to deal with our responsibility for the condition of Central and South America, and that would mean admitting that the U.S. has an obligation to take in refugees and immigrants from those countries because we are responsible for much of the socioeconomic situation of the Western Hemisphere, so it's a lot easier to just say Pinochet was a strong leader who stood against communism.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Night10194 posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Boys

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_Chile

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
never forget 9/11/73

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also, to admit that Pinochet was a monster is to have to face up to the fact that 20th-century America supported a lot of monsters, and from there to be forced to deal with our responsibility for the condition of Central and South America, and that would mean admitting that the U.S. has an obligation to take in refugees and immigrants from those countries because we are responsible for much of the socioeconomic situation of the Western Hemisphere, so it's a lot easier to just say Pinochet was a strong leader who stood against communism.

Ooooo I like this. I think that's how I'll reformulate my support for the Monroe doctrine.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

OAquinas posted:

Crossposting from the CSPAM/BoneZone:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

It's actually a decent piece from Cracked (really!) about where Trump supporters are coming from, while fully acknowledging how terrible their opinions are.

This poo poo is sticking with us even after the orange vulgarian departs the scene, so it's definitely worth a read.

All very serious issues that rural America faces, but then I remember all the terrible things rural America values, so gently caress them.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

MassRafTer posted:

You can probably get one more new one in. DNA evidence reveals Monica Lewinsky Hillary's high school baby out of wedlock?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Was Pinochet the one whose preferred method of execution was taking people by helicopter out over the ocean and tossing them out or am I thinking of another South American dictator?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/786197211231100928

Synopsis:

quote:

Donald Trump Calls In. 5/7/98. 7:30am
Millionaire real estate mogul Donald Trump called in to promote his Miss Universe pageant. The pageant will be on CBS next Tuesday, May 12. Trump owns the pageant so who better to promote it than the man himself. Howard and Trump talked about how the women on the Miss Universe pageant are better looking than the women on the Miss America pageant. With the Miss America pageant they find women who are smart and fairly good looking. On the Miss Universe pageant they don't look for rocket scientists, only great looking women. Trump calls the Miss Universe pageant ''totally politically incorrect..'' ant that's the way it should be. Howard pointed out the fact that Donald owns a hell of a lot of apartment buildings in New York City. Howard has been looking for an apartment for himself so he can crash there once in a while. He said almost every one he looked at was owned by Trump. Trump told Howard that they'd love to have him in their building and he'd make sure he would get in. What a guy. Howard also brought up Donald's ex-wife Marla Maples and her horrible acting on The Nanny TV show. Howard figured that he could bring that up now that the two of them have divorced. Donald didn't seem to mind it. He didn't bad mouth her too bad.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

All very serious issues that rural America faces, but then I remember all the terrible things rural America values, so gently caress them.

I seriously can't wait until automation destroys the careers of all the computer janitors and marketing analysts and petit bourgeois fucks in the cities, the schadenfreude will be rich

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Party Plane Jones posted:

Was Pinochet the one whose preferred method of execution was taking people by helicopter out over the ocean and tossing them out or am I thinking of another South American dictator?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_flights

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

call to action posted:

I seriously can't wait until automation destroys the careers of all the computer janitors and marketing analysts and petit bourgeois fucks in the cities, the schadenfreude will be rich

You are a sick gently caress, but we're already there: Outsourcing is the big thing still.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:ohdear:

:gonk:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, the best part of this election has been showing conclusively the GOP's base doesn't give a single gently caress about all this very serious right wing economic bullshit in the slightest. I hope these bastards remember that nobody cares, and that the only reason their voters went along with all this poo poo was 'Well we gotta get through that to get to keeping down the blacks and gays so fine'.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Dork457 posted:

In terms of timing, this is the worst possible time other than the few days prior to Nov 8th for these scandal(s) to be landing and to be so behind in the polls right? Early voting has already started, many voter registration deadlines have ended/are ending this week.

There's also going to be a Trump-themed Law and Order SVU two weeks before election day, just to remind people about his attitudes towards women. It's a terrible show, but a lot of people watch it and the reaction is going to be hilarious

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Remember when we were all worried about him moving to CNN?

He hasn't missed a beat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Follow up:
https://twitter.com/kfile/status/786219266953449472

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
If you open the inspector/JavaScript console on Hillary's website you get this: (I assume it's been there for a while, just noticed it now)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

That sounds more like the Argentinian junta.

• Locked thread