Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

It was funny when it originally happened but I don't know how so many people can set aside bits in their head to care so god damned much about it that it still gets brought up. What's it been, 3 years?

Yeah, good on them for making butt loads of cash too. I hope the game is good whenever it ends up coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I hope people who like space games eventually get a good space game because it seems like every space game gets shot down for not being spacy enough.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There are a lot of insane things about anti-SC movement, there's no arguing about it.

This doesn't mean that when a company starts selling in-game merchandise for specific in-game items sold for a non-existing game then it shouldn't give you pause. It's incredible in its own way that this actually works, a completely different meta level than cosmetic items for TF2 for example because that game is actually out. It's like a new item in the old cabinet of curiosities.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I hope people who like space games eventually get a good space game because it seems like every space game gets shot down for not being spacy enough.

People who want space games don't actually want a space game, but a real life replacement. For some reason a lot these sadbrains are attracted to space games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Phantasium posted:

People really just want a next-gen Freespace. By which I mean that it's me who wants it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that the general goon hivemind has changed to "it's no longer cool to care about star citizen either positively or negatively" and I think that's real cool and not dumb at all

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Toys For Bob would make a new Star Control but they only know how to function in the Toys to Life area now so you'd have to go to the store and actually buy a tiny Mauler to use the ship in-game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stellaris is a fun space game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Space Amiibos would be pretty cool, honestly.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Actually how cool would toys to life be if you bought like a lego set and every piece had an RFID in it so it could tell how you built something in game so you could get like a giant play set and actually change the level design with physical legos or play a space game where you can change your ship on the fly.

I'm sure that wouldn't be expensive at all.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJacobs posted:

I like that the general goon hivemind has changed to "it's no longer cool to care about star citizen either positively or negatively" and I think that's real cool and not dumb at all

That's not really contained to only SA, but it is really cool to complain about the goon hivemind

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alright, I can get Paper Mario Color Splash for a prize or I can get XCOM 2 for PS4, or I can wait another month or two to see if something else shows up. No DQB unfortunately. I'm leaning slightly towards XCOM 2 but not sure

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh man, I was checking Dragon Quest Builders after seeing the chat here and it looked really sweet and I was getting all worked up and went to check prices and...

It's not on PC.

:negative:

Owned

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phantasium posted:

Actually how cool would toys to life be if you bought like a lego set and every piece had an RFID in it so it could tell how you built something in game so you could get like a giant play set and actually change the level design with physical legos or play a space game where you can change your ship on the fly.

Lego has begun doing that but it's only with part of the sets, like the facades of buildings. They haven't gone whole hog with it like you might imagine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tap my mountain posted:

That's not really contained to only SA, but it is really cool to complain about the goon hivemind

My complaint wasn't so much about the goon hivemind as it is the randos who hop into a discussion just to say "you shouldn't care about thing because I say so ok see ya", which happens on SA a lot

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Phantasium posted:

The LEGO thing actually exists in a way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Dimensions

quote:

Lego Dimensions features the same style of gameplay as the previous Lego games of Traveller's Tales, in which up to two players control Lego minifigures based on various represented franchises. Characters are entered into the game by placing their respective minifigures onto a USB toy pad, with each character possessing unique abilities that can be used to solve puzzles or reach hidden areas. In addition to the minifigures, players can also build models of vehicles, such as the Batmobile, TARDIS, Mystery Machine, or DeLorean, and put them into the game for characters to drive.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

That reminds me, how's Lego Worlds doing?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Bad_Wrong_Fun/status/786299517750476802

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I want a space game, but like a space bounty hunter game where you run around Blade-Runner-ey alien cities tracking down alien targets

Xierthaggh'lges Zarthan:

COUNTY-LEVEL TAX EVASION AND MAIL FRAUD

1500 GULTHRAGS DEAD OR ALIVE

* pic of green humanoid with eight eyes wearing a grease-stained undershirt*

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

Stellaris is a fun space game

hmm, agreed

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

My complaint wasn't so much about the goon hivemind as it is the randos who hop into a discussion just to say "you shouldn't care about thing because I say so ok see ya", which happens on SA a lot

Better than complaining about the same game for 3 years.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looks to me like something precision engineered to hit your pressure points and increase your gaming power.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is cool. LEGO owns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Phantasium posted:

You act as if that's the only thing they exist for and people cannot do more than one thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Man, complaining about the same game for 3 years is nothing. There are games on these forums people have been complaining about for nearly a decade.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You act as if that's the only thing they exist for and people cannot do more than one thing

Literally the only times I hear it brought up is to complain about it but I won't begrudge people if they were just excited, I just think it's weird to keep a grudge going against a game because it made money in a silly way and it's annoying to hear. It's free for discussion regardless of how I feel about it, though so whatever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Man, complaining about the same game for 3 years is nothing. There are games on these forums people have been complaining about for nearly a decade.

I don't hear FFXIII brought up anywhere else but the FF thread, though. :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Literally the only times I hear it brought up is to complain about it but I won't begrudge people if they were just excited, I just think it's weird to keep a grudge going against a game because it made money in a silly way and it's annoying to hear. It's free for discussion regardless of how I feel about it, though so whatever.

You are mistaking complaining with mocking. People are mocking the game, Chris Roberts and the backers.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I always see people saying that FFX is trash and I think "but that's my favorite one", and then I remember that I have poo poo taste

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You are mistaking complaining with mocking. People are mocking the game, Chris Roberts and the backers.

Maybe but it always comes out just as weird idk

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The only space game we need is Total War of the Galactic Heroes

Yang Wen-li 4 life

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phantasium posted:

Maybe but it always comes out just as weird idk
It probably wouldn't keep coming up if they didn't keep doing poo poo like having massive conventions or $750 ship jpegs

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I dunno, they may on to something with selling space amiibos for $750. Isn't it easier to con one idiot for $750 than a hundred idiots for 7.50?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

tap my mountain posted:

I always see people saying that FFX is trash and I think "but that's my favorite one", and then I remember that I have poo poo taste

Dude, my biggest regret about FFX was finishing it as it meant I couldn't spend more time with the battle system. It's so good, and the story ain't half bad either, even if I prefer FFXII's story.

If more FFs had ripped off that battle system I would have been the happiest camper.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Lizard Wizard posted:

That reminds me, how's Lego Worlds doing?

I'm curious about this as well. I'm especially interested in how they approached the inevitable deluge of dongs this time around.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Phantasium posted:

I don't hear FFXIII brought up anywhere else but the FF thread, though. :twisted:
EDIT: This may as well be the FF thread.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 13, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

I'm curious about this as well. I'm especially interested in how they approached the inevitable deluge of dongs this time around.

They've probably just accepted that no matter how thin, no matter how thick. there's always gonna be dicks.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Phantasium posted:

There are people here who spent a solid portion of the last 5 years complaining about Starbound in a similar fashion even though that game only cost $15.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

Hm, you know, Lego Worlds is $15...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Snooze Cruise posted:

The only space game we need is Total War of the Galactic Heroes

Yang Wen-li 4 life

Huge balance issues, semi-circles are too overpowered.

• Locked thread