Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

High-priority target eliminator definitely seems like it's a thing again at least at Mayhem and up. There's a real choice between high powered weapons for priority targets with low ammo count vs spray+pray weapons for normals. I'm having fun with Mayhem but it's definitely... I dunno, wonky. It's a kind of false-difficulty for sure in the sense that it's all just inflated HP but it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

xanthan posted:

So any slow to fire weapon becomes worthless for anything you can't one shot if a medic is around and can't one shot them? TOTALLY REASONABLE!

Please tell me the medics have low health.

Medics have the same health as a Taser. Focus on the Medic first.

I've also noticed that cops who get healed have a small window of invulnerability. Thats pretty annoying.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Thing I learned yesterday: If you're running dual bows, don't use Gambler. It's hard to get bonuses for picking up ammo when you can't actually pick up ammo :pseudo:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

I'm okay with the taser nerf. It's definitely more interesting than if they did some kind stat change.

Going forward, if they unfuck the health bondoggle, this would be an interesting change to keep. It's not something I am keen to have right now with everything else being such a mess.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Safehouse Daily posted:

Complete all 4 transport heists on overkill or above, with all members of the team only using saws as weapons.

What the actual gently caress, Overkill? Yeah, this is totally on the same level as bagging 10 bodies or completing Diamond Store with 16 bags. :bravo:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Bows are too powerful, they obsolete most of the other weapons!"
ok, here's the medic, you can't one shot enemies when it is around unless you shoot him in the skull first
"I can't one shot enemies, bows are worthless now!"
gently caress

tazer nerfs feel half deserved, half undeserved because it means you're hosed if you're low on/out of bullets in your magazine- wait a moment..please tell me that medics cant be healing tazers that are currently tazing

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Coolguye posted:

1D stealth is fundamentally the same as DW stealth and I honestly see no problem with that at this point in time. Sure, fine, go back and take a look at it after the loud mechanics are ironed out, but stealth still works and is a lot harder to make changes to than loud play just because so much is map-dependent.

Not sure of your definitions of fundamental but a guard that is alert takes a full clip to take down... to the brain.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

THE CHORSE posted:

What the actual gently caress, Overkill? Yeah, this is totally on the same level as bagging 10 bodies or completing Diamond Store with 16 bags. :bravo:

There are 5 transports and when we did just one (underpass), we got the daily then and there. So either the description or the daily or both are borked.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Laputanmachine posted:

There are 5 transports and when we did just one (underpass), we got the daily then and there. So either the description or the daily or both are borked.

can you do another one for 6 more coins?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay how the gently caress do you do the Long Fellow trophy?
Even with a vault spawn outside, 4:30 out of the compound is the best we could do, and then you get hosed by the Turret Van RNG blocking your path, sniper fire and "YOUR VEHICLE IS BROKEN". How the flying gently caress can we get this below 7 minutes? Do the movespeed skills affect forklifts? We're all running like maniacs with our dodge builds on but goddamn that is a thight loving limit.

Also the Safehouse raid on Mayhem is pretty drat hard. But hey, we found out you can restart it with no penalty whatsoever.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Kikas posted:

Okay how the gently caress do you do the Long Fellow trophy?
Even with a vault spawn outside, 4:30 out of the compound is the best we could do, and then you get hosed by the Turret Van RNG blocking your path, sniper fire and "YOUR VEHICLE IS BROKEN". How the flying gently caress can we get this below 7 minutes? Do the movespeed skills affect forklifts? We're all running like maniacs with our dodge builds on but goddamn that is a thight loving limit.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

7-minute Meltdown is possible on Mayhem, at the very least. Bring a saw, rush the cages for a crowbar, find the other two crowbars. Slap them all in the vault. Bring three forklifts around. Haul rear end directly to the train.

I advise having someone with an HE Pistol Xbow to two-shot turrets on the way out.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Malek posted:

Not sure of your definitions of fundamental but a guard that is alert takes a full clip to take down... to the brain.

I believe this has been patched for all guards except maybe Murkies and gangsters.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

THE CHORSE posted:

That's as plausible as doing Shadow Raid in ICTVs. That is to say "gently caress THAT LOL".

Discendo Vox posted:

I believe this has been patched for all guards except maybe Murkies and gangsters.

It's still kinda lame to shoot up alert guards versus one fwip to an unaware body.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

THE CHORSE posted:

Don't play into their hands! If you contravene the Geneva Conventions and murder a medic they'll hold you in custody until the end of days!

Is it still a war crime if we're not at war? Or is it a war between the Payday Gang and basically all law enforcement of the United States?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Tempest_56 posted:

I've noticed that Tasers are taking a lot more damage to get them to break, too. Used to be able to clip 'em with one or two shots and get free - I got tagged on one of my non-Shockproof builds last night (thankfully at point-blank) and it took a good 8 shots to the face before I got loose.
Flinch/hurt animations are based on the target's current HP versus damage done so on the higher difficulties with the vastly inflated HP it's much harder to stun them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Huh. We did it just like that, Saw, rush crowbars, stick crowbars in, drop the cops, get the nukes, and well that ain't "haul rear end" with forklifts involved. is there like a secret route you need to take to get to the train faster?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yes. You can take a hard right after the first wear house building and sneak through a little gap as a forklift.

We did it, with a breakdown of a forklift in 6:45.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

widespread posted:

That's as plausible as doing Shadow Raid in ICTVs. That is to say "gently caress THAT LOL".

that one's easy? Buy the dumpster in the center of the map, right by the warehouse door, and go as long as you can in stealth by burning pagers, and then when you're discovered, ECM rush it. 12 bags is reasonable if you know where the loot spawns are to begin with.

hell, we did that plus "secure the armor first" at the same time. You can actually secure the armor in ICTV without breaking stealth if you use the sewers carefully. It's silly, but it's possible!

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 13, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah i solo stealthed the ICTV shadow raid thing last night

of course, then i decided to be a smartass, parked myself near the van, and alt-tabbed out to play stardew valley for 3 hours to try to game the 'from income' coins. came back to realize the game wasn't accepting play input anymore :(

like i could hit escape, navigate the menu, do things like terminate the heist or whatever, but it wasn't accepting input to walk to the escape zone anymore.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
A tip for those who want to stealth shadow raid with max detection: bring a suppressed Thanatos. If a Murkywater guard spots you from a mile away, go behind some cover and wallbang him through the cover. You oneshot him with zero chance of return fire.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
^^^ Also just in general, you can often recover from bad situations in stealth just by ducking behind cover. Worst case scenario the guards start calling the cops, which is still better than firing off a shot. Best case scenario they chase after you into more favorable kill spots. ^^^

Psion posted:

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the game select specific groups of enemies based on some point system when it's choosing what to drop in on you, and there is a predefined group which is 3 tasers + something else (a shield maybe?)

seems like that's the thing to fix. A cluster of 3-4 of any one special type all at once is rude.

Ended up in a 1D Counterfeit for some reason and the assault kicked off with four goddamn tasers barreling down the stairs into the basement. :gonk:

Psion posted:

can you do another one for 6 more coins?

It properly completed in the side jobs menu, so my guess is no.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 13, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I can't believe Overkill is making me rely on my teammates in this co-op game <:mad:>

I think the post-Housewarming patch that irons out the health/damage weirdness will make this game pretty cool. Medics own, more dangerous tasers own.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Laputanmachine posted:

A tip for those who want to stealth shadow raid with max detection: bring a suppressed Thanatos. If a Murkywater guard spots you from a mile away, go behind some cover and wallbang him through the cover. You oneshot him with zero chance of return fire.

You could also just not be at max detection in ICTV: a 34-conceal Bernetti or Gruber and a 32-conceal CAR-4 will get you to 43 detection with the right skills. Bring javelins or throwing axes or something to kill guards that have alerted, because both of those guns will be awful at it, but you should get spotted less.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Geight posted:

I can't believe Overkill is making me rely on my teammates in this co-op game <:mad:>

I think the post-Housewarming patch that irons out the health/damage weirdness will make this game pretty cool. Medics own, more dangerous tasers own.

After killing them, they thankfully aren't as immune as I was fearing to a flame blast or nade. They're as stupid as any other special, the fuckers just tend to protect others right before they fall.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah and even if you aren't focusing them for whatever reason, they latch onto a single injured cop in the vicinity for a good couple of seconds, so feel free to go to town on everyone else while the medic gives a pep talk to the random tan standing next to him.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

John Murdoch posted:

Yeah and even if you aren't focusing them for whatever reason, they latch onto a single injured cop in the vicinity for a good couple of seconds, so feel free to go to town on everyone else while the medic gives a pep talk to the random tan standing next to him.

Are they single-target healers or AoE?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

I've been wondering that too

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I want to assume single-target because AoE anything is downright silly.

Winters.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ST

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Malek posted:

alternately, one arrow :v:

widespread posted:

I want to assume single-target because AoE anything is downright silly.

Winters.

fwiw winters is specifically excluded from the healing effect as well, per the news releases earlier today

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Oh. That's significantly less threatening.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Oh. That's significantly less threatening.

yeah wtf why is anyone bitching

That's downright lame and ineffectual.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah, if you're already comfortable with killing cops on the difficulty of your choice, they're not going to present a huge problem except in certain circumstances (mainly rescuing specials, including other medics). They're less of a massive force multiplier and more of a backline equivalent to shields.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Oh. Well forget that then, that's way better. I was assuming an 8' radius heal effect. If it's just one that's a hell of a lot more balanced.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Just to give a basic rundown of the mechanic (though I didn't get an absolutely thorough look at it since I've been doing gimmick poo poo all day):

Medic exists -> you kill a cop near the medic - > medic swoops in to bring cop back to life with full hp -> cop gets up with a bright green outline and like 1-2 seconds of invulnerability so you can't just double tap them while they're in the animation. Repeat for as long as the medic is alive, though I don't know if they can repeatedly revive the same target.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The numbers of cops spawning is totally hosed. We did the safe house defense and everyone's game started chugging super bad. A little investigation revealed that the game was spawning seemingly endless cops on the other side of the chain linked fence out back. Just a mountain cops clipping in and out of one another, we couldn't kill them and they couldn't kill us. We eventually just quit because the game became borderline unplayable while the horde outside the gates bellowed unending screams of colossal goatfucks.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I kinda wanna play Big Lobby mod now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Malek posted:

I kinda wanna play Big Lobby mod now.

Big Lobbies for Big Police Forces.*

*Fat computers only

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Gamerofthegame posted:

Speaking of bow supremacy, is there any skills that link up with a crossbow good beyond dodge builds? Apparently the marking skill doesn't get me to oneshot dozers on VH/OK/whatever-I-play-on-I'm-not-the-host despite the math saying so.

Berserker boosts the heavy crossbow from 4000 damage to 5610 at 40% health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

So, where does Captain Winters spawn on White Xmas?

just, y'know ... curious ;)