Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MisterAlex posted:

FFXV is not Final Fantasy anymore. It's a Kingdom Hearts ARPG reskinned with FF style character models.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

MisterAlex posted:

FFXV is not Final Fantasy anymore. It's a Kingdom Hearts ARPG reskinned with FF style character models.

thats a good thing though. hopefully i can fly around.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The first 10 minutes of ZHP are worth the 7 dollar sale price and more. Must buy for vita if you like nutty comedy and roguelites.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The first 10 minutes of ZHP are worth the 7 dollar sale price and more. Must buy for vita if you like nutty comedy and roguelites.

I 100% agree with this. ZHP is great.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
ZHP is amazing. I love that they were able to leave all the Dengeki Bunko cameos in so you can run around as Kino or Taiga or whoever. And, though I haven't played a whole ton of Nippon Ichi games, I feel like this is one of the ones with the best comedy-to-serious balance in the story. Their other games seem to lean very heavily in one direction or the other but this one seems to have that ratio just absolutely spot-on, so it's funny when it should be funny and heartwarming/tearjerking when it needs to be one of those. And none of the jokes wear out their welcome either.

Unrelated but getting back into the Japanese PSN has reminded me how awesome their selection is. The PS2/PS1 classics selection is huge. Only problem is it makes it even harder to accept the games they left out. Cool I can get Haunting Ground and Silent Hill 4, but why not Rule of Rose? Why do they have every single Human PS1 game EXCEPT the one that costs $150 to buy? Also where's Moon, dammit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats ZHP

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

zettai hero project: unlosing ranger vs darkdeath evilman

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its a NIS roguelike with a weirdo tokusatsu/super sentai theme, and also a Good Game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PSP?? no trophies no buys

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

no trophies no buys
Sorry for your illness

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Obsurveyor posted:

XIMs started on 360 I believe.

ya absolutely

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

There's a couple of sequels on PS3, they're not as funny but Noizi Ito designed the characters so you play as fake-kyon

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I'm on the fence about Danganronpa but all i know about it is that its kind of like Ace Attorney and that there was an LP of it here and there being Tumblr thinkpieces on SAs paywall because of it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I'm on the fence about Danganronpa but all i know about it is that its kind of like Ace Attorney and that there was an LP of it here and there being Tumblr thinkpieces on SAs paywall because of it
Yeah, it's more soap opera than Ace Attorney so it attracted the anime soap opera fans. Smash together Ace Attorney and Big Brother or Survivor or some other reality show in that vein and you pretty much have DR

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CrashCat posted:

They have, I'm sure, but it's too long ago to dig up the evidence easily.

On the other hand if you want to read really bad old posts about FF7 we got tons of those

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.emulators.game-consoles/56sNoOIzqT8/xNBDUaBGGa4J

The trump quote really brings that post together.

e: jesus gently caress the rest of that thread

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 13, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

homeless snail posted:

There's a couple of sequels on PS3, they're not as funny but Noizi Ito designed the characters so you play as fake-kyon

bruh the sequel has muse as voice actors what in the

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Super No Vacancy posted:

is this real

Ludwig van Halen posted:

https://intriguingly.moe/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motto posted:

The trump quote really brings that post together.

e: jesus gently caress the rest of that thread
I didn't even have to dig, it was on the first page of search results

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

Jesus loving Christ

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pablo Gigante posted:

Jesus loving Christ
Now now, let's not focus on the negative, we should be constructive and offer them games that fit their needs best.

SNV, have you played Megamind or Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs yet? How about Hannah Montana The Movie?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I was incredibly disappointed in Guided fate paradox after ZHP.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

The first one is ok with some surprisingly decent characters once they are developed, but there is some weird creepy anime poo poo.

The second one is just non stop creepy anime poo poo and virtually all of the characters suck so you just want them to get killed off.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Marogareh posted:

I was incredibly disappointed in Guided fate paradox after ZHP.

You and me both.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Now now, let's not focus on the negative, we should be constructive and offer them games that fit their needs best.

SNV, have you played Megamind or Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs yet? How about Hannah Montana The Movie?

cloudy with a chance of meatballs was very good. sequel disappointed. haven't seen the other two. these are films, I think

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you get cheevos for watching kevin james movies

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i mean, making it through one without killing yourself is a pretty good achievement...

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Is the psycho-pass visual novel good? I've heard it's pretty much pure story, but the story is good. Did anybody try it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

you get cheevos for watching kevin james movies

Oh man I forgot about this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557682

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

the truth posted:

The first one is ok with some surprisingly decent characters once they are developed, but there is some weird creepy anime poo poo.

The second one is just non stop creepy anime poo poo and virtually all of the characters suck so you just want them to get killed off.

Don't forget that non of the cases in 2 other than the one good one actually matters or had any real writing done.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, the rear end-pull around the third case where character personalities and motivations can be completely overwritten thanks to DESPAIR FLU really soured me on Dangling Ropers 2. Also, please be kind to Super No Vacancy: they simply are feeling the strain for Persona 5, as do we all.

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

Always wanted to get into the Disgaea series and with all of them on sale, I figure now's a good a time as any. Which is the best as an entry point to the series? Preferably on PS4 or Vita.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Don't forget that non of the cases in 2 other than the one good one actually matters or had any real writing done.

I thought the characters were fun and the mysteries satisfying to solve, and what else do you need???

Who cares if they had no significance in some larger plot network, that's not what you should be coming to a somewhat episodic murder mystery for. Good whodunnits were had and I had fun.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bogart posted:

Yeah, the rear end-pull around the third case where character personalities and motivations can be completely overwritten thanks to DESPAIR FLU really soured me on Dangling Ropers 2. Also, please be kind to Super No Vacancy: they simply are feeling the strain for Persona 5, as do we all.

I just got my collector's edition!! I just have to learn japanese now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bogart posted:

I don't!

It was very fun, I am sure you'll all enjoy it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Woptendo posted:

Always wanted to get into the Disgaea series and with all of them on sale, I figure now's a good a time as any. Which is the best as an entry point to the series? Preferably on PS4 or Vita.

I've only played 2 and 5, but I think that the consensus is that 5 is the one to get due to quality of life improvements. Definitely solid SRPG though!

Speaking of, what does the season pass for 5 net me?

Also, are there opinions about Hundred Witch Knight, or whatever it's called? Same for Natural Doctrine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shadow225 posted:

I've only played 2 and 5, but I think that the consensus is that 5 is the one to get due to quality of life improvements. Definitely solid SRPG though!

Speaking of, what does the season pass for 5 net me?

Also, are there opinions about Hundred Witch Knight, or whatever it's called? Same for Natural Doctrine.

Witch and the Hundred Knight is a wretched game, do not buy it at any price.
Natural Doctrine is interesting but should only be attempted if the thought of playing three-dimensional chess while blindfolded appeals to you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Witch and the Hundred Knight is a wretched game, do not buy it at any price.
Natural Doctrine is interesting but should only be attempted if the thought of playing three-dimensional chess while blindfolded appeals to you.

I liked Natural Doctrine a lot and this is a 100% accurate description of it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Is it really that difficult?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

Is it really that difficult?

It's a somewhat difficult SRPG made moreso by weird, punishing and genuinely unforgiving mechanics. Once you get your feet under you and learn to abuse the gameplay it isn't that bad but it takes a bit to get there.

It's also just kind of a janky-rear end game.

• Locked thread