Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I really loving wish Snyder were up for election this year, it'd be satisfying to see that rear end in a top hat getting crucified on the altar of poisoning Flint.

More likely with a downballot fiesta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brony Car posted:

I don't know how effective the "Hillary as a hypocrite tearing Bill's victims down," narrative is. I could see it dampening her momentum or at least serving to dampen turnout among women.

Unless they find a tape of Clinton calling Juanita Broadrick a lying whore, I think it won't be anything compared to pussy tape

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, I know. I support BLM

I actually reread what you said and inferred what I assume is the correct meaning, but I would like you to elaborate what you meant. In retrospect I know your posting and should've known better and I apologize.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Not arguing that it's just a terrible strategy, but it's still better than JEB!'s plan to be the joyful tortoise of punching bags.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

ImpAtom posted:

The only reasonable attack on Hillary through Bill is "she helped cover it up/intimidated people/whatever" which like... It isn't what they do. There's never any proof, and even the actual claims are at best weak. ANY other attack on Hillary through Bill is "how dare that bitch stay with her lovely husband" which is not exactly going to win a ton of voters.

Well, really it's a two front strategy: they are just trying to distract the left and center with this, while turning around to the right and saying 'actually rape is okay'.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Brony Car posted:

I don't know how effective the "Hillary as a hypocrite tearing Bill's victims down," narrative is. I could see it dampening her momentum or at least serving to dampen turnout among women.

It's going to ring really really false after the avalanche of stories of Trump literally committing sexual assault and being caught on tape bragging about it.

Besides that, who is going to look at this situation—especially women—and go, "You know what, Bill's an awful person. gently caress you person who isn't Bill! :argh:"

I mean I appreciate your commitment to Arzying but we're kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel here, at some point we have to come to grips with this being a hilarious, unequivocal blowout.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Gyges posted:

Someone should really sit these chucklefucks down in a room and hold a power point presentation that explains that Hillary is the person who is running for the office of President of the United States on the Democratic ticket. Poor things are just so conditioned to attacking Bill Clinton that they just can't grasp the fact that destroying him is around as effective as mounting a national campaign to convince the country that Laura Bush sure is an evil bitch.

It's really sad that they've so bought into their outdated ideas of gender and relationship norms that they seem to honestly think that Bill is the power that they need to neutralize. Doubly so since you can see that they're struggling to realize the flaws in their thinking by how very much they hate Hillary for upending their cherished, calcified views.

For a while I just kinda laughed or shook my head at how desperate trump was to try and paint poo poo bill has done as some mark against hillary, but the longer this goes on the more I'm just getting furious. Seeing all these surrogates over and over defending an admitted sexual predator while in the same breath blaming a woman for rape because of things her husband is accused of. I want to reach into the screen and strangle these shills and I even start to wonder if this poo poo is going to get e-mail and benjamin ghazi repeated ad nauseum into just become an accepted fact in the back of peoples mind that "well clearly Hillary is guilty of helping women get raped, its common knowledge after all."

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

theflyingorc posted:

Nope, i didn't. Actual lynchings, not their police equivalent, are exceedingly rare.

And you're still a black supremacist rear end

Is this a real argument someone is making?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tom Guycot posted:

For a while I just kinda laughed or shook my head at how desperate trump was to try and paint poo poo bill has done as some mark against hillary, but the longer this goes on the more I'm just getting furious. Seeing all these surrogates over and over defending an admitted sexual predator while in the same breath blaming a woman for rape because of things her husband is accused of. I want to reach into the screen and strangle these shills and I even start to wonder if this poo poo is going to get e-mail and benjamin ghazi repeated ad nauseum into just become an accepted fact in the back of peoples mind that "well clearly Hillary is guilty of helping women get raped, its common knowledge after all."

I'm fairly sure that's their goal.

Mixed in with being unable to believe that Bill isn't the real power behind this run because they're serious, genuine misogynists.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

Nope, i didn't. Actual lynchings, not their police equivalent, are exceedingly rare.

And you're still a black supremacist rear end

Actually I'm an Afro-Pessimist.

And if the end result is to kill black people out of fear and hatred, and the FBI has been saying for 20 years white supremacists have been joining police departments in droves, is there a difference between a hillbilly in a pickup truck dragging someone to death and a cop killing a black man for being in the toy aisle and getting a paid vacation and donations from around the world?

If anything, their lynching got smarter and state-supported.

Also, you're still a dumbfuck racist.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

FactsAreUseless posted:

How does this work?

Reallocate the AM radio band. :)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

Nope, not saying that. But your fear of rural whites is really, really stupid when it's law enforcement, and it's not different based on where you are in the country.

Would you please shut the gently caress up you poo poo-sucking racist? There are at least two mods posting in this thread right now and it's appalling you haven't been banned. Do not ever flap your filthy mouth about any race issue again you horrible moronic trash person. gently caress you.

theflyingorc posted:

black supremacist

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 13, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Paradoxish posted:

Am I reading this right? Is the Trump campaign planning to march out women who say they were sexually assaulted as pawns in some kind of escalating scumbag war? Really?
Political Potlach.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
This isn't something where I've got a lack of perspective because of my life experiences, dude. I'm not saying that there's no locations that aren't hostile to black people, but gfsincere has literally been banned for really stupid racial rhetoric before(he ruined a thread for 50 pages recently and accused other posters of being fake black people) , and his ideas about white people aren't based in reality.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Gyges posted:

Someone should really sit these chucklefucks down in a room and hold a power point presentation that explains that Hillary is the person who is running for the office of President of the United States on the Democratic ticket.

They don't care.

Also there may be a crumb of a strategy in there, in that if they succeed in making the whole election a horrible stinking poo poo fest (it pretty much is now), if they get everybody disgusted enough and drive turnout on BOTH sides enough that things might get close enough for them to win.

Of course this depends on nondeploreable people reacting with weary disgust and not turning out instead of righteous anger and voting extra hard.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Holy shiiiiit, I knew Trump & co. were throwing poo poo against the wall, but it's actually shocking that they, along with Fox News, would be so openly BLATANT about their collusion and panic over the election by having Hannity host Bill's accusers tomorrow. loving crazy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Because the Hillary intimidation stories are things like "Hillary shook my hand and referred to me helping bill in an ambiguous way." and "The diary of Hillary's dead friend, which her husband sold, said that when Bill told her the accusations were false, she believed him and told her friend she thought the women were lying."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brony Car posted:

It's super ineffective.

Turning a spotlight on Bill's infidelities does nothing but raise Hillary's numbers as people who aren't complete psychopaths empathize with her. Additionally since Donny is being drowned in accusations and one tape confessions/brags about assaulting women it's just going to completely crater his numbers. Nobody cheers the philandering abuser who uses women as pawns to call some other guy a philandering abuser in an attempt to harm the second guy's wife.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Would you please shut the gently caress up you poo poo-sucking racist? There are at least two mods posting in this thread right now and it's appalling you haven't been banned. Do not ever flap your filthy mouth about any race issue again you horrible moronic trash person. gently caress you.

It's not appalling, its America.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Holy shiiiiit, I knew Trump & co. were throwing poo poo against the wall, but it's actually shocking that they, along with Fox News, would be so openly BLATANT about their collusion and panic over the election by having Hannity host Bill's accusers tomorrow. loving crazy.

Reminder that Fox is the outlet that has the new Trump accusation as a minor subheadline while their top ALL CAPS story is about FBI insiders wishing Hillary had been charged

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zwabu posted:

They don't care.

Also there may be a crumb of a strategy in there, in that if they succeed in making the whole election a horrible stinking poo poo fest (it pretty much is now), if they get everybody disgusted enough and drive turnout on BOTH sides enough that things might get close enough for them to win.

Of course this depends on nondeploreable people reacting with weary disgust and not turning out instead of righteous anger and voting extra hard.

Clinton's camp is well aware this is their plan by now and have said as much. They'll counter.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Phoneposting so I can't really link anything, but a friend of mine is Aryzing hard about Allan Lichtman calling the election for Trump, with his "100% accurate" :rolleyes: predictive model. Has there been any mockery or discussion I can send his way?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

theflyingorc posted:

This isn't something where I've got a lack of perspective because of my life experiences, dude. I'm not saying that there's no locations that aren't hostile to black people, but gfsincere has literally been banned for really stupid racial rhetoric before(he ruined a thread for 50 pages recently and accused other posters of being fake black people) , and his ideas about white people aren't based in reality.

I don't see what any of that has to do with you telling a black man that he doesn't need to be afraid of racial violence in rural areas and comparing it to shark attacks.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
This year's campaign is moving at light speed. poo poo changes tremendously in the span of my second break to when I check my phone before leaving work. And theres more accusers by the time I've gotten home.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gfsincere posted:

It's not appalling, its America.

Trump's new campaign slogan.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/786371636362477568

oh, word?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

I actually reread what you said and inferred what I assume is the correct meaning, but I would like you to elaborate what you meant. In retrospect I know your posting and should've known better and I apologize.

Thanks, I appreciate that. In all honesty, I was more just being a dick than making an actual argument. But I do think leftists are way too hard on rural poor. The rural poor have it pretty lovely in this country, and they've noticed that things don't tend to get much better for them. It's like what Obama said about them clinging to guns and religion.

I kinda see violence at BLM events and the rural poor voting for regressive poo poo heads as similar. People who have been poo poo on by the system and don't see the possibility of actual improvement in their lives, so yeah, gently caress it, burn down a CVS/vote for the dude who makes those MSNBC types mad. It doesn't accomplish anything, but that's not really an issue when you don't think anything actually can be accomplished.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

AmiYumi posted:

Phoneposting so I can't really link anything, but a friend of mine is Aryzing hard about Allan Lichtman calling the election for Trump, with his "100% accurate" :rolleyes: predictive model. Has there been any mockery or discussion I can send his way?

The fact that most elections in the past 30 years have been really easy to predict, and he just got lucky in 2000

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

AmiYumi posted:

All existing data suggests otherwise?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Are they seriously doing this? What the hell is wrong with Fox? This is low even for them.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Zwabu posted:

Those videos of early voting in OH seem to indicate the latter. If the poo poo flinging was going both ways I could see people being disgusted and staying home, but with the media uncovering these stories and Hillary just briefly interjecting before slipping into the background, Trump is just going to push more and more people who don't like Hillary to get out and vote against him.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, I said and still believe white slave owners tried to breed slaves. That's the stupid racial rhetoric you're thinking of, and I was banned by another white person over it. Surprise surprise.

And I accused ONE poster, because white people pretending to be black on the internet and in real life IS a thing.

http://gawker.com/internet-racists-are-pretending-to-be-black-looters-in-1701227973

http://gawker.com/a-brief-history-of-pretending-to-be-black-1710944791

But you know, whitesplain away and tell me how your high school history books written by a bunch of racist chucklefucks in Texas have the correct view on things.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

AmiYumi posted:

Yeah. Allen Lichtman called 2000 for Gore.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

AmiYumi posted:

100% accurate models usually imply the model is overfit and so will totally fall apart when presented with new and unexpected data. This happened in 2012 and 2008 as well. Newspapers can usually find some stupid political scientist who just discovered generalised linear models for the first time.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

AmiYumi posted:

Anyone can take a series of elections and cherry pick criteria to "retrofit" a predictive model. I don't believe the guy created the model 30 years ago and predicted all the elections since then. I think he created it more recently and it's retrofit bullshit and not worth the time.

There was some U. of Colorado thing in either 2008 or 2012 that was the same way, took economic data and had a retrofit model that "predicted" elections including that the Republican would beat Obama, I believe.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

There are a few thousand dudes playing this game, the number of possible outcomes of thirty years of election is 2^7 or 128. Even if they just guess randomly some of them are gonna have perfect records. Testing a model with more than a couple of variables on only seven data points is irresponsible and useless.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zwabu posted:

Anyone can take a series of elections and cherry pick criteria to "retrofit" a predictive model. I don't believe the guy created the model 30 years ago and predicted all the elections since then. I think he created it more recently and it's retrofit bullshit and not worth the time.

There was some U. of Colorado thing in either 2008 or 2012 that was the same way, took economic data and had a retrofit model that "predicted" elections including that the Republican would beat Obama, I believe.

There's also, you know, all available polling data.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

I unironically agree. Hearing people say "BLM never did that!" would be hilarious.

Though to be honest I be it will be the gay rights movement that will be legitimized and favored by established history in the future.

That is what will happen. During the riots a few years ago I had a conservative family member post a long tirade on Facebook asking why blacks had to be so violent. The people of Ferguson are lazy and just want equal rights handed to them! They just want free stuff and you never see them trying to improve their lives! Why can't they be more like gay people? Gay people got their rights quietly, peacefully, and respectfully!!! She was actually arguing with a bunch of people of color about it.

I brought up the Stonewall Riots and the conversation petered out shortly after that. "Well, well..." kind of stuff.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Gyges posted:

It's super ineffective.

Turning a spotlight on Bill's infidelities does nothing but raise Hillary's numbers as people who aren't complete psychopaths empathize with her. Additionally since Donny is being drowned in accusations and one tape confessions/brags about assaulting women it's just going to completely crater his numbers. Nobody cheers the philandering abuser who uses women as pawns to call some other guy a philandering abuser in an attempt to harm the second guy's wife.

I thought this way, but the more and more they go on about this, I'm starting to get worried its going to become ingrained that "well hillary is just as bad as trump about sexual assault so its a wash", and people will stop caring about pussygate and countless stories of him groping and walking in on teenagers naked to get his jollies. It feels like anything the right wants to stick to Hillary, gets stuck and theres nothing anyone can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

AmiYumi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd_GOEMz3og

• Locked thread