Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Best wonder trade yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Peyton has ruined Griffon

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
OT: Rik Mayall

rip in peace

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I discovered MBMBaM earlier this year and worked my way from episode 1 onward. I'm on 178 currently.

I have one question that I'm certain this is the thread for: What's the deal with Stack Soap being eternally out of stock?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Peyton has cursed this youtube series on polygon dot com.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I discovered MBMBaM earlier this year and worked my way from episode 1 onward. I'm on 178 currently.

I have one question that I'm certain this is the thread for: What's the deal with Stack Soap being eternally out of stock?

People really went nuts for it for some reason.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
The escalation in reveals from that wonder trade, and Griffin's rapidly-deepening decline as more information was revealed, was a thing of beauty.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Raserys posted:

Peyton has cursed this youtube series on polygon dot com.

Peyton is a comedic genius

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 13, 2016

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
And Griffin was so excited to have that Goomy too...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
"BOUYANT [sic] BUTT?!?! ---- YOU, PAYTON!!!"

Raserys fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 13, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

El Burbo posted:

I work for FedEx so I can inform everyone that boxes of lizards (plus snakes and many other small reptiles) do in fact get sent in the same bins as your amazon packages

Per Facebook, they even have their own unboxing videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKJlasmn_c

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It should be noted that Peyton was not the original trainer of that pokemon. So not only did he pass Griffin that complete garbage pile, but he also regifted it from someone else.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I was so stoked to see that goomy only for Griffin to trade it away... I get his rationale, but drat man, goomy could have been yo boy.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
If you know that one of your Pokemon will just carry you through a gym, is it against the spirit of a Nuzlocke run to swap some who-cares chaff into your party to just hang out during the gym for Wonder Trading afterwards?

I mean, I guess it is, but still

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Griffin seemed like he didn't know who Goomy was.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Per Facebook, they even have their own unboxing videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKJlasmn_c

I always wonder how they're ok in those tight hole-less boxes

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

greatn posted:

Griffin seemed like he didn't know who Goomy was.

This is disappointing because Goodra is a quality pokemon and now it is lost forever

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Luneshot posted:

This is disappointing because Goodra is a quality pokemon and now it is lost forever

There's still one more gym to go before the game's ending, and one more after that while the game pretends it isn't over, there's still hope!

I just got to Justin's interpretation of Peewee's Tequila Dance in 266 and i am dying

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 13, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Polygon is no Giant Bomb, but they're still pretty drat solid about delivering goofs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRR1lK7vgw

I for one fully credit the McElroy influence on their corporate culture.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Polygon is no Giant Bomb, but they're still pretty drat solid about delivering goofs.

Nick is a god damned saint for editing together six people who all managed to have completely different volume and quality levels while also cutting for time and content.

Also I'm glad to see that having two fun rounds and then a third that collapses under the weight of the in-jokes you built up over the first two rounds is the canon way of playing Quiplash.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Tatum Girlparts posted:

nick flaming out in the third round trying to get some easy "uh oh" points was great

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

"I Ate My Dad, I'll Eat Your Dad, gently caress You" was a FYAD subtitle for a while I think

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/rjpelonia/status/786150558029623298

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Phone postin but new car boys

https://youtu.be/yfyTXn4fbTE

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Luneshot posted:

:colbert: Goomy only evolves into goodra at level 50 when it's raining, and takes forever to level up, which makes it cool but a pain in the dick to use in a run and griffin's choice was entirely valid

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I think the BeamNG people are pretty lucky they latched onto this game. I think I'd be out of ideas and bored in like 30 minutes if I tried to play it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I just got to Justin's interpretation of Peewee's Tequila Dance in 266 and i am dying
Its so drat good

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It should be noted that Peyton was not the original trainer of that pokemon. So not only did he pass Griffin that complete garbage pile, but he also regifted it from someone else.

So the man I called a comedic genius is actually a joke thief??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I've finally gotten into TAZ and yeah it was a little slow going at first but ever since the mushrooms I've been hooked.

Question though, who does the intros?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I always thought it was just Griffin using a voice modulator?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Greatbacon posted:

I always thought it was just Griffin using a voice modulator?

I don't know why, but I've always thought it was Justin.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's Tim Curry, they fly him in special every two weeks to record.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As much as I love the current taz setup, I can't wait for someone else to take the reins and then have griffin pay back years of goofs at his expense. he really does an amazing job of keeping composed and not losing his train of thought with everyone shouting over each other.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I don't know why, but I've always thought it was Justin.

Yeah it sounds a little more like Justin under heavy modulation, but I didn't know if they had said at some point.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I'm pretty sure it's griffin based on the time he lost composure because he realized that he'd accidentally made a perfect segue to "it's garfield and friends!". That laugh was a very griffin laugh.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Also griffin does all the post production and editing and such so he probably just records it during that

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
It's definitely Griffin, he basically runs TAZ, he's clearly the one editing it (based on his solo Money Zones and all the music). If you listen to the live intro, I think it's clearer, because of how much longer it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyc3gVYBI0

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've always thought it was a little weird that no one else helps with the money zone spots on TAZ. Is he the one gettin' all that cheddar?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"It's like an instructional video. For where the dick and the butt are."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Somberbrero posted:

I've always thought it was a little weird that no one else helps with the money zone spots on TAZ. Is he the one gettin' all that cheddar?

Knowing our boys, that's just plain ol laziness and no fucks.

The only reason all the brothers do the Money zone on MBMBAM is because they do them live. Whenever they do live shows and do separate money zone spots it's very often only one or two brothers.