Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Trump/Cosby '16: Make America Rape Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ImpAtom posted:

Right-wing stuff isn't just American. It's a problem across the globe, as lovely as it is. America has a lot of problems but we're not QUITE as bad as we could be due to a general wide diversity.

The US is still racist as gently caress, but I mean at least we aren't as racist as the rest of the world I guess.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lewandowski just dropped my favorite false equivalency of the election

"Donald Trump walked backstage on naked pageant queens because that is a part of his job, just like people keep saying it was Hillary's job to defend a rapist of a 12 year old girl"

Hey at least that holds up better than the stuff Connway's coming up with lately. Maybe Trump should have stuck with him.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

lozzle posted:

PLEASE do

To be fair, I was SUPER drunk when I gave this talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVqsu_w-Ug

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Instant Sunrise posted:

so it sounds like trump is going to sue the new york times for libel.

please donny, sue the newspaper that is named in the definitive caselaw for libel and slander. that's going to work out so well.

Trump literally doesn't comprehend that his "sue them into oblivion and bankrupt them in legal fees even if you lose the case" doesn't work against multimillion dollar institutions with competent lawyers.

He's that fat guy that brags about how he'd kick everybody's rear end talking poo poo to a UFC guy. The ending of this will be incredible. :allears:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Stereotype posted:

It is funny because he has a solid libel case against the women who are accusing him (assuming he has some proof that they are lying and know they are lying) but absolutely no case against the paper.

a newspaper that was sued over libel and won in the supreme court 9-0, creating the standard of "actual malice" for future libel and slander cases.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

There's tons of racist white leftists. They're usually less overt but they get their feelings hurt when anyone talks about how much they hate white people, or they're eager to jump in and argue that the only true warfare is class warfare and that race issues will vanish entirely once we accomplish Total Communism Now. Minimizing the fear PoC feel in hostile white territory is just par for the course.

In feminism circles it manifests as 'awkwardly shut down conversation when a nonwhite woman has input.' :smith:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Also got to remember some of Trumps earliest hot takes were all about the evils of multicultralism in Europe. He built a base here by saying the things that these people wanted to believe, hear and hear a mainstream politician vocalise.

Also for various reasons Scandinavian countries loving love conspiracy theories.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

OwlFancier posted:

From a while back but what's with people who think abstaining from voting absolves you of responsibility for the outcome of the election?

Like, you have the capacity to use it, not using it doesn't make you not culpable, it just means you stood and watched instead of running to help/stab the person lying in the road.

decision paralysis is a common thing and a lot of people don't learn to deal with that and instead justify not making a decision as the right thing to do in their heads while distancing themselves from the consequences.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

The US is still racist as gently caress, but I mean at least we aren't as racist as the rest of the world I guess.

Yeah, I didn't mean that as "WOO, GO AMERICA" just... we have an advantage in diversity and growing non-white demographics. It's not great but it's something.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

gfsincere posted:

I have a video of that exact thing happening to me during a talk about the racial divide in tech where a white guy was like "SHOW ME THE NUMBERS"

...and the next slide had the numbers.

This was in Cleveland OH.

More than willing to post it if others want to see it.

Post it, I want to see it.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

There's tons of racist white leftists. They're usually less overt but they get their feelings hurt when anyone talks about how much they hate white people, or they're eager to jump in and argue that the only true warfare is class warfare and that race issues will vanish entirely once we accomplish Total Communism Now. Minimizing the fear PoC feel in hostile white territory is just par for the course.

Just anecdotal, but many types of secular Arab and Southeast Asian Muslims who look "white" are very vocal about their racism in private. I've had plenty of white people be racist about all sorts of groups around me but not progressives. Do you think they're like Muslims in private? Or is their racism more of the microaggressive type?

I guess only white people can answer this...

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Winner is Jew posted:

That's honestly true, as depressing as that is. A lot of the problems we're working on now are only possible to tackle because at least the US isn't still stuck in the "Black People: just tall monkeys?" phase of race relations.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

So... Police shooting black people actually lowers crime rates...

That's kind of nauseating.

It lowers REPORTED crime rates.

The crime still happens, just no one wants to call the police for crimes that don't warrant a death sentence by the hands of rogue police.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Koalas March posted:

Buy me plat and I will be happy to report racist motherfuckers left and right.

You've done God's work on multiple occasions, and sadly there appears to be no way to send a plat gift certificate to your account directly and/or anonymously. Or if there is, I'm a moron. :saddowns:

I'll be happy to send a code to a throwaway email or whatever.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Instant Sunrise posted:

a newspaper that was sued over libel and won in the supreme court 9-0, creating the standard of "actual malice" for future libel and slander cases.

Luckily the chances of even a single Trump supporter knowing that are absolutely zero. I didn't actually know it actually so thank you :)

However, Trump suing a Big Mean Ol' Lying Liberal Rag plays pretty good with the basket of deplorables (while suing a woman who he very likely may have groped doesn't look very good)

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Post it, I want to see it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792791&pagenumber=583#post465286846

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Chokes McGee posted:

Trump literally doesn't comprehend that his "sue them into oblivion and bankrupt them in legal fees even if you lose the case" doesn't work against multimillion dollar institutions with competent lawyers.

He's that fat guy that brags about how he'd kick everybody's rear end talking poo poo to a UFC guy. The ending of this will be incredible. :allears:

Carlos Slim owns like 20% of the NYT, and I'm sure he would gladly personally fund any legal defense against Trump.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

ReindeerF posted:

Trump/Cosby '16: Make America Rape Again

No no you've got the ticket wrong:

quote:

"We’re going to turn [Bill Clinton] into Bill Cosby," Trump campaign manager Steve Bannon says.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gfsincere posted:

It lowers REPORTED crime rates.

The crime still happens, just no one wants to call the police for crimes that don't warrant a death sentence by the hands of rogue police.

Yeah that's what I mean, it would actually be taken as a crime reduction because obviously nobody cares about crimes that aren't reported.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tom Guycot posted:

Speaking of the_donald and O'Keefe, can anyone tell my why the hell so many of the people posting there are like from all these other counties? Why are people from sweeden, poland, etc all loving following the loving trump reddit?

Lots of Nazis love him.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Night10194 posted:

So, I'm massively ignorant of legal proceedings and suits: What, exactly, is Discovery and why would it be especially bad for Trump? Is it a requirement to submit evidence, affadavits, etc that could probably be embarrassing to him or what?

Pretty much. The defending party gets to demand documents and under-oath depositions which will help their case (if they exist), subject to a confusing morass of legal rules and procedures.

The NY Times defense is going to be based both on their first amendment rights and that they didn't lie (truth being an absolute defense against libel). The easiest way to prove that last one is to go through every last second of Trump footage and dig through the details of all the records of the various sexual harassment or assault cases which Trump has been accused of and settled including potentially unknown ones in the hope of finding a pattern of sexual assault and harassment which they can point to and say "see, we didn't lie he really is a predatory scumbag"

Edit: or if this is about the tax story the first thing they will demand and get are all of Trumps tax returns.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 13, 2016

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

2spooky4me posted:

might want to make a privacy pass over this buddy.

also if you're job-seeking in michigan i can recommend some supplemental resources :buddy:

Please do

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

So... Police shooting black people actually lowers crime rates...

Wow extreme racism here....

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

A Winner is Jew posted:

If Trump is going full Downfall who do you think will go full Goebbels with him?

Rudy.

Also, does anyone else really dislike how we've started referring to "trump tower" as if it's the white house or pentagon? It's a gaudy pile of gold plating and pink marble with a mall in the lobby.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Themagicalgoat posted:

Just anecdotal, but many types of secular Arab and Southeast Asian Muslims who look "white" are very vocal about their racism in private. I've had plenty of white people be racist about all sorts of groups around me but not progressives. Do you think they're like Muslims in private? Or is their racism more of the microaggressive type?

It usually comes in the form of microaggressions, like following someone around the store, saying "you're so well spoken" or "you're one of the good ones", poo poo like that.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You've done God's work on multiple occasions, and sadly there appears to be no way to send a plat gift certificate to your account directly and/or anonymously. Or if there is, I'm a moron. :saddowns:

Was planning on doing the same and am sorry to hear this. The misogynoir thread alone is worth some tangible thanks thrown your way.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 13, 2016

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

I want video of the one staffer that has to know this is a terrible idea trying to convince Trump and Bannon not to sue the NYT. I want it so bad.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/jameshaning/status/786041242345811968

:wow:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Was planning on doing the same and am sorry to hear this.

Gift certificates are transferrable via the code

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
https://twitter.com/carlycarioli/status/786384000340275201

One more coming tomorrow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

My username@gmail.com and haha thanks you're an angel. 😘

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Stereotype posted:

Yeah, but without plat you can't PM them the code, hence the burner.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Stereotype posted:

Yeah, but it's a bit hard without an e-mail, unless I want it sniped by some lurker.

Because you need plat to read PMs, you see.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Maddow is gonna preview new accusations tonight at 11 and they'll be more tomorrow on the Today Show.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is a pretty great presentation btw.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Themagicalgoat posted:

With white progressives it's largely microaggressions and ingrained societal poo poo that they're not even fully aware of, which is the hardest type of racism to educate away.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

gfsincere posted:

It usually comes in the form of microaggressions, like following someone around the store, saying "you're so well spoken" or "you're one of the good ones", poo poo like that.

I had a big long thing to write, but I think race is really strange for me as an immigrant who can "pass" more often than not. Especially in South Florida where I can be Jewish or Hispanic and that's usually close enough to being white. I think it makes it difficult for me to detect the subtler forms of racism directed at me. I really only notice the rednecks who call me Aladdin or threaten to bomb my family or whatever.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

"No war but class war" pisses me off to no end, and I'm white. Because it only ever gets brought up in regards to racial issues, never gender or LGBT issues. It's so blatantly obvious it's bullshit meant only to pretend racism doesn't exist any more. The worst part is that a lot of liberals just take it at face value and parrot it without thinking about it critically for even a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
It's happening:
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/786394746709118977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Locked thread