Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

TopHatGenius posted:

Medics have the same health as a Taser. Focus on the Medic first.

I've also noticed that cops who get healed have a small window of invulnerability. Thats pretty annoying.

If they do, it's no longer than however long it takes my katana swing to finish. I'm just choppin' up greens and tans around medics with impunity; if someone gets healed from fatal damage, everyone else around them has to wait two seconds to get healed in the same way, no matter what.

Jiro can yell a LOT in two seconds. I did a safe house raid and I just ran around the concrete yard killin' cops with my hanzo steel and I never really gave a rat's rear end if a medic spawned.

Medics really don't feel like much of a problem on Overkill or Mayhem. I figure on Deathwish and 1D they're more of a concern, but even then you just shoot 'em in the head and continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

John Dyne posted:

Medics really don't feel like much of a problem on Overkill or Mayhem. I figure on Deathwish and 1D they're more of a concern, but even then you just shoot 'em in the head and continue.

They're not. I'm pretty sure they don't grant invulnerability. You just have to DPS the target fast enough and it'll die.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Concordat posted:

Berserker boosts the heavy crossbow from 4000 damage to 5610 at 40% health.
According to HudList Berserker doesn't affect the crossbow, which should be accurate but I haven't updated it in a bit so grain of salt I guess

Also I'm pretty sure Body Expertise affects the crossbows. Source: my build with Body Expertise will 1-shot medics to the chest on Mayhem, but will not without it

Before anyone points out the description for BE states that it only affects full-auto weaponry I should point out that the crossbows are technically full-auto according to the game

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

They're not. I'm pretty sure they don't grant invulnerability. You just have to DPS the target fast enough and it'll die.

Yeah, I dunno where the Invulnerability thing comes from, they don't even make them recover from stumble. I've been using the KSP, and just holding the fire button over a guy with a green outline for a second makes him as dead as the other dude. The grenade launcher is hillarous - the Medic will work even if he dies at the same moment as his target, so you blast a group of cops and end up with one random cop (or I think it prioritizes specials) being alive and wondering where did the rest of his group go :v:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Insert name here posted:

According to HudList Berserker doesn't affect the crossbow, which should be accurate but I haven't updated it in a bit so grain of salt I guess

Also I'm pretty sure Body Expertise affects the crossbows. Source: my build with Body Expertise will 1-shot medics to the chest on Mayhem, but will not without it

Before anyone points out the description for BE states that it only affects full-auto weaponry I should point out that the crossbows are technically full-auto according to the game

HudList itself hasn't updated since like June, which I found out today when linking it to a friend. Not that it needs to, it apparently keeps on working fine.

Crossbows not benefiting from Berserker sounds... interesting. Definitely worth further testing, since I'm pretty sure a lot of people making One Down builds have crossbows and Berserker aced. I guess it would at least switch up the meta to Berserker or crossbows, instead of both at the same time.

Also, pistols own on One Down, gently caress the haters. I mean, Trigger Happy aced is absolutely necessary, but akimbo Interceptors with that + crits will gently caress up dozers something fierce. On a related note, One Down is really stupid, and yet somehow quite fun.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

wheres my akimbo strykes gosh darnit!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
a medic lifesaved a bulldozer on 1D for me earlier.

rude. :mad:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Roobanguy posted:

wheres my akimbo strykes gosh darnit!!!

gently caress strykes where the hell are akimbo broncos?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ClonedPickle posted:

Also, pistols own on One Down, gently caress the haters. I mean, Trigger Happy aced is absolutely necessary, but akimbo Interceptors with that + crits will gently caress up dozers something fierce. On a related note, One Down is really stupid, and yet somehow quite fun.

What does your pistol build look like for 1d? I assume it involves crits. I've just got various flavours of Anarchist tank builds set up at the moment.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

John Dyne posted:

After getting some playtime in - yeah, they're not. I'm actually finding them to be possibly the least dangerous special so far. As long as you take care of them vaguely quickly and don't let them get another special up, they're more mildly annoying rather than dangerous. A bit tankier than I'd like them to be, but in practice they're almost seeming a hair underpowered.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Coolguye posted:

a medic lifesaved a bulldozer on 1D for me earlier.

rude. :mad:
Did the dozer stand back up and put his face plate back on?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kikas posted:

Yeah, I dunno where the Invulnerability thing comes from, they don't even make them recover from stumble. I've been using the KSP, and just holding the fire button over a guy with a green outline for a second makes him as dead as the other dude. The grenade launcher is hillarous - the Medic will work even if he dies at the same moment as his target, so you blast a group of cops and end up with one random cop (or I think it prioritizes specials) being alive and wondering where did the rest of his group go :v:

Answered your own question. Playing around this morning solo I could blast through healing targets without a problem. I suppose it's also not impossible desync could be doing something goofy with medics.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
So I noticed something interesting with 1D golden grin:

You still have to deal with the security inside, which ends up being 5 total guys; 4 up top and one on the stairs. And the cameras are still active until you "put them to sleep" with the gas, as I'm guessing that's hard-coded into the map.

But hey, if you use the goonmod edit to vanish corpses to bypass the stupid pager system, you can get in and out of GG pretty quick! :v:

Oh, but you get little XP, since the XP payout is based on completing the stealth objectives. You can complete those while loud, too, and it increases the loud payoff! So far, getting blueprints, scanning/faxing them, grabbing and filling the USB key and using the keycard seem to count toward XP totals that you can skip if you're doing loud.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

What does your pistol build look like for 1d? I assume it involves crits. I've just got various flavours of Anarchist tank builds set up at the moment.

It's literally just the pistol build I used for Death Wish. blorp

Ex-Prez is probably a bad idea but in the maps where I at least get some sort of cover I have been able to use it to regenerate my health without using a FAK, and I at least get some dodge, if not a lot. I haven't tried Rogue out yet on 1D but I'm guessing I'll dislike the utter lack of health.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

DelphiAegis posted:

So I noticed something interesting with 1D golden grin:

You still have to deal with the security inside, which ends up being 5 total guys; 4 up top and one on the stairs. And the cameras are still active until you "put them to sleep" with the gas, as I'm guessing that's hard-coded into the map.

But hey, if you use the goonmod edit to vanish corpses to bypass the stupid pager system, you can get in and out of GG pretty quick! :v:

Oh, but you get little XP, since the XP payout is based on completing the stealth objectives. You can complete those while loud, too, and it increases the loud payoff! So far, getting blueprints, scanning/faxing them, grabbing and filling the USB key and using the keycard seem to count toward XP totals that you can skip if you're doing loud.

Might have been a bug. I did GG on 1D and the sleeping gas worked normally.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Insert name here posted:

Either that is wrong or the safehouse shooting range is wrong.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Laputanmachine posted:

Might have been a bug. I did GG on 1D and the sleeping gas worked normally.

Oh, the sleeping gas works just as it's supposed to. I was pointing out that the camera in the screenshot should be an unreachable titan cam, but it's a destroy able camera instead, which allows you to pick the door to the security center before you actually use the gas...

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I feel they should add another map, accessible from the safehouse menu, that's basically the Top Gear test track that you can drive each vehicle around.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

John Murdoch posted:

Answered your own question. Playing around this morning solo I could blast through healing targets without a problem. I suppose it's also not impossible desync could be doing something goofy with medics.

It was definitely desync. I experienced this perceived invulnerability at one point but I'm not seeing it anymore. If a cop is healed back up, another shotgun headshot even immediately will blow him across the room.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Welp, they immediately reverted the taser change.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

Welp, they immediately reverted the taser change.

Where the tears that overwhelming? Doesn't OVK have a dam up around the office by now?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Wow, a mask pack that I actually care about. With only one proper mask, sure, but by far the best one.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Pickle Mask, Best Mask.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

ClonedPickle posted:

Wow, a mask pack that I actually care about. With only one proper mask, sure, but by far the best one.

By God it's the only one I'll wear ever again.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Those mask remain in the game right? It's not like we have to collect them today or something?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Concordat posted:

Either that is wrong or the safehouse shooting range is wrong.
Safehouse shooting range is weird and buggy, it also likes to count every single pellet from the shotgun as a different shot too.

Anyway I went and tested it in 1D and you can 1-shot the regular zeal enemies with a body shot from the pistol crossbow with BE but it takes 2 without BE so lol. I have no clue if that's actually useful at all for 1D but it's hilarious to me that BE works with the crossbows because their fire mode is full-auto.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

DelphiAegis posted:

Oh, the sleeping gas works just as it's supposed to. I was pointing out that the camera in the screenshot should be an unreachable titan cam, but it's a destroy able camera instead, which allows you to pick the door to the security center before you actually use the gas...

Speaking of fun things you can do in GG stealth, you can fire off the fireworks and it will not break stealth. Fun way to freak out your team mates.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Laputanmachine posted:

Speaking of fun things you can do in GG stealth, you can fire off the fireworks and it will not break stealth. Fun way to freak out your team mates.

i set off the metal detector on ukranian job after the place is locked down to flip out pubbies

never not funny

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

TopHatGenius posted:

It was definitely desync. I experienced this perceived invulnerability at one point but I'm not seeing it anymore. If a cop is healed back up, another shotgun headshot even immediately will blow him across the room.

I wish rag doll was applied even if they get healed. I want that cop to sail away, tumble awkwardly, and get back up to fight me for some reason.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

Those mask remain in the game right? It's not like we have to collect them today or something?

Yeah, no, they're in for good. The only time-limited ones I know of are the four Safehouse Nightmare baby masks. (And I guess the Humble Bundle pack ones, but that's a bit different.)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Tempest_56 posted:

Yeah, no, they're in for good. The only time-limited ones I know of are the four Safehouse Nightmare baby masks. (And I guess the Humble Bundle pack ones, but that's a bit different.)

Cool. Can't wait to become a bank robbing pickle.

By the way, I really like all the small 'souvenirs' you can collect in your safehouse. They are minor details, but they add so much.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I can't tell who actually wanted the taser change reverted- even the steam forums were generally happy about it.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

I can't tell who actually wanted the taser change reverted- even the steam forums were generally happy about it.

Maybe Overkill themselves couldn't hack it? I rarely saw any whining also.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

BEST MASK

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

OH MY GOD CLICK UNDER AND AROUND THE PICKLE MASK TEXT

loving HELL, OVERKILL

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Freaking redditors want enemy medics to drop FAKs when they die. I bet reddit is behind the taser reversion.

edit: looking around- yep, that's exactly what happened. A bunch of them staged an organized tantrum protest.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Freaking redditors want enemy medics to drop FAKs when they die. I bet reddit is behind the taser reversion.

edit: looking around- yep, that's exactly what happened. A bunch of them staged an organized tantrum protest.

They should protest Jules using Overkill plus Berserker as a balancing baseline.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Meanwhile, at Overkill...

"Alright, I got three of the four military hats done, now for the fourth... hmmm... I can't think of anything we haven't already put in the game though... man I'm hungry..."

"Hey man, want a pickle?"

"Holy gently caress you're a genius."

Edit:

Discendo Vox posted:

Can we just delete Reddit? Every loving Reddit community I go to is poo poo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Look, I was just scared that they healed all cops around them in a radius, but what loving baby needs a goddamn cupcake drop from enemies? Gambler already exists you dipshits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Reddit..Reddit never changes.