Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, Barry did have a conversation with Draco and then immediately run to fight the Rival, where Alchemy was. Unless Alchemy is yet another speedster/time remnant/homunculus or whatever, he can't be Draco.

poo poo, he's probably Draco, isn't he?

Maybe they'll at least do a twist and have it be a Jekyll and Hyde situation, where Draco is Alchemy but doesn't know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spergatory posted:

Well, Barry did have a conversation with Draco and then immediately run to fight the Rival, where Alchemy was. Unless Alchemy is yet another speedster/time remnant/homunculus or whatever, he can't be Draco.

poo poo, he's probably Draco, isn't he?

Maybe they'll at least do a twist and have it be a Jekyll and Hyde situation, where Draco is Alchemy but doesn't know it.

That would be cool. Or it'd be awesome if Draco is Alchemy's twin brother!!

(I may or may not have read all of Flash Volume 2 in the past couple of days.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Draco turns out to be a stand-up guy, and Alchemy is played by Daniel Radcliffe.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope Draco turns out to be a good guy who just doesn't like Barry

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Guy Goodbody posted:

This
Dudes not evil, just british.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
He's 100% right too. Barry is shifty as gently caress. :ninja:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Error 404 posted:

This
Dudes not evil, just british.

please don't contradict yourself

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spergatory posted:

He's 100% right too. Barry is shifty as gently caress. :ninja:
Barry is a selfish pathological liar with severe impulse control problems, so yeah.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Draco's character will be the hero of this season. Calling it right now.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know, Jay Garrick just totally stole two people's 1998 clothes, then went into a diner and broke one of their mugs, then peaced out back to his own dimension. What a dick.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

You know, Jay Garrick just totally stole two people's 1998 clothes, then went into a diner and broke one of their mugs, then peaced out back to his own dimension. What a dick.

All Flashes Are Bastards

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When did Jay gain the ability to traverse dimensions?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

When did Jay gain the ability to traverse dimensions?

When you're Jay, its an innate ability

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

R-Type posted:

When your Jay, its an innate ability

You might have made the joke but I'm taking credit for dragging the thread back down into the mud.

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Really he just hates everyone whose name ends in "arry"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

iamnotcreative posted:

Really he just hates everyone whose name ends in "arry"

only when they're associated with lightning bolts and have at least one dead parent

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

I'm giggling like an idiot about two grunge teenagers hanging out smoking, then a blur goes by and they're suddenly naked and trying to hide behind things.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

greatn posted:

DadFlash is the best Flash, you know he bought all of that stuff then left a really good tip.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

libertao posted:

What happened to time wraiths and the debilitating headaches he got when he made significant changes to the timeline?

Time wraiths only go after people outside their own time. If you hosed with time but returned to your present, you're clear. Mostly.

Except when it's not true.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also if you are in disguise for 15 years you're cool I guess.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Last season had Time Dementors and this season has CSI: Malfoy so I guess all their stupid or weird decisions are based around their love of Harry Potter.

Also there's not way the British guy isn't evil. That's a rule.

Also he's too big a name to just be a guy who is a dick to Barry, even if that alone kind of makes him the hero of the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's done since Harry Potter?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

What's done since Harry Potter?

He was in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. He played a guy who didn't like apes.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

He was in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. He played a guy who didn't like apes.

from chimpan-a to chimpanzee?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
He was in some police procedural too. He actually hasn't done very much at all. Small roles here and there. No idea if he does theatre or something.

Daniel Radcliffe is well out of reach of this show. There's no chance of him being alchemy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he stepped back a bit intentionally to put some distance between him and Harry Potter.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I think he stepped back a bit intentionally to put some distance between him and Harry Potter.

Also, he suffers from child actor disease, what once was a cute and adorable yet precocious child turns into something else entirely. The ravages of time and genetics turn those afflicted into a distant reminder of once was. Features that accentuated their cuteness in their youth only serve to make their misshapen heads and bodies look more grotesque. (see: Macaulay Culkin, Haley Joel Osment, Danny Bonaduce and more)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Culkin had a ton of drama and later mental health issues in his life that basically derailed his life. Osment was doing fine into his late teens until that car crash where he was caught with drugs. He's only now starting to do stuff again.

I think Daniel Radcliffe has done a tremendous job, even while Harry Potter was still going on, of choosing good, varied roles that showcased his ability. It would have been easy for him to sign on to any old blockbuster but he's gone out of his way to do edgy, indie stuff. It's pretty amusing to see him go from Harry Potter to 'farting, animate corpse' just for sharts and giggles.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

Culkin had a ton of drama and later mental health issues in his life that basically derailed his life. Osment was doing fine into his late teens until that car crash where he was caught with drugs. He's only now starting to do stuff again.

I think Daniel Radcliffe has done a tremendous job, even while Harry Potter was still going on, of choosing good, varied roles that showcased his ability. It would have been easy for him to sign on to any old blockbuster but he's gone out of his way to do edgy, indie stuff. It's pretty amusing to see him go from Harry Potter to 'farting, animate corpse' just for sharts and giggles.

Wasn't Culkin one of Michael Jackson's pet boy stars for awhile? That's likely enough to mess anyone up.

Oh wow. Yep.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guy Goodbody posted:

British people are too polite to openly dislike others.

Although I guess since Barry seems to constantly say "I hate that guy" in front of him, you can't really blame him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Lord Bude posted:

Daniel Radcliffe is well out of reach of this show. There's no chance of him being alchemy.

"We shall have to settle for Rupert Grint."

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Goddammit Barry what the gently caress did you do this time

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Scyantific posted:

Why does Alchemy look like an Enclave soldier from Fallout?

Oh my god thank you I have been trying to place this for the longest time.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn Barry is the loving worst.

Just make the show about Jay instead. He's actually a smart Flash.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

"We shall have to settle for Rupert Grint."

Woah, this show may have a lower budget but it isn't public access television.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Goddamn Barry is the loving worst.

Just make the show about Jay instead. He's actually a smart Flash.

Look I know we both love the Pacers, the Colts (most of the time), and Butler basketball....but I will loving fight you, CP.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

"I ruined all of their lives"

No, Barry, they've only ever known the lives that they have. You just screwed up your idea of them. Just deal with it and move on.

I love the idea that Barry is going to end up as a broken, jaded gently caress because he's the only person who remembers the 3,627 other timelines he's hosed up trying to 'fix' everything after his first few time travel attempts.

I mean that poo poo is horrifying to contemplate.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Barry and Draco's last conversation was basically Dexter and "Suprise Mother fucker" guy.

Has there been any changes at all visible on Arrow? I can't remember Diggle's kid being mentioned yet?
Have they confirmed that both shows are now running in this new timeline? It would seem a little odd considering the massive changes that have occurred around the Flash show for the only change in Arrow being isolated to Diggle's kid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow's not going to touch it until a crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Beens posted:

Barry and Draco's last conversation was basically Dexter and "Suprise Mother fucker" guy.

Draco "Doakes" Malfoy

• Locked thread