Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

:chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I'd post the "stop, stop! He's already dead!" meme but he isn't fully dead yet and I don't want this to ever stop.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Koalas March posted:

Please tell me how racism and white supremacy isn't woven into the fabric of our country and has no place in a political thread.
I know this is from a dozen pages back, but I had a political meeting I had to attend and I had the perfect video response to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17G7Hi2Ss4

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I had my glasses off when I first saw this gif and for a second there I thought Obama was cosplaying Captain Picard.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Reminder that these are the field office numbers for those states

PA: Clinton 57 Trump 42 C +15

FL: Clinton 68 Trump 29 C +39

NC: Clinton 38 Trump 11 C +27

OH: Clinton 75 Trump 22 C +53!

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

Bring it rear end in a top hat, I got 20 gigs

I'm ready!

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I know this is from a dozen pages back, but I had a political meeting I had to attend and I had the perfect video response to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17G7Hi2Ss4

Ummm...Bro.

Fam.

Homeslice.

Famalam.

Relative.

You literally just posted a video of me.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

gfsincere posted:

Ummm...Bro.

Fam.

Homeslice.

Famalam.

Relative.

I SAID it was the perfect response.

If anyone has archives: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=79
Start towards the bottom of the page.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/786448446475698177

Daily News not loving around, again.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Genuinely, this thread took a wonderful turn.

From a while back -

gfsincere posted:

To be fair, I was SUPER drunk when I gave this talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVqsu_w-Ug

Finally got the time to watch this. Found it as interesting and hilarious as advertised.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

ImpAtom posted:

Right-wing stuff isn't just American. It's a problem across the globe, as lovely as it is. America has a lot of problems but we're not QUITE as bad as we could be due to a general wide diversity.

I'm trying to catch up with the thread so this might've been said already and it's absolutely not meant as a dig at you either ImpAtom, so apologies in advance for both if that is how it comes across.
Anyway, as an admittedly white guy but as someone who grew up openly gay in a rural part of Sweden at a time when it was still a somewhat iffy subject even in more enlightened parts of the country, I'd say there's a danger in going "Hey, look at these guys, they're way worse than us!" because it instills a kind of sense of... Comfort, I guess you could call it? I saw this firsthand the last fifteen years or so over here, with people going "At least it's not as bad here as in the US." until hey, guess what? It totally was and is, but it just manifests differently.

I'd argue that if there's anything that's needed to fight racist and bigot tendencies in society, it's pretty much constant vigilance until such a time that even dogwhistles and similar things are considered terrible by a larger part of the populace. We're nowhere near there yet on this side of the pond, sadly, but I think that holds true over there, too. The Trump imported some talking points from the far right of Europe but the racism had to have already been there for those points to work. Similarly, the intellectual reserve over here borrowed a lot of islamophobic rhetoric from the post-9/11 american far right in order to fuel fears and strengthen their message, but that too needed fertile soil to take root.

The far right in the US and Europe are at times extremely similar, but cultural differences makes it hard for comparisons not to turn into an apple-to-oranges thing, I guess is what I'm saying?

But at least you americans are better at talking about this stuff openly, I will say that. Europe has ways to go there still (maybe mostly getting people to acknowledge what an issue it is.). So, keep on fighting it is.

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 13, 2016

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Reminder that these are the field office numbers for those states

PA: Clinton 57 Trump 42 C +15

FL: Clinton 68 Trump 29 C +39

NC: Clinton 38 Trump 11 C +27

OH: Clinton 75 Trump 22 C +53!

That being said, here are the current numbers for those states.

OH: C + 0.5

FL: C + 2.7 :lol:

NC: C + 2.6 :lol:

PA: C +8.6 :laffo:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I SAID it was the perfect response.

If anyone has archives: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=79
Start towards the bottom of the page.

I've actually never read any of that before.

Thanks.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AKA the regular police

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

Uh, doesn't he basically lose if he loses any of those and isn't he getting completely loving blown out in PA now?

yep

and he's definitely not gonna win pa and most likely not nc

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I'd post the "stop, stop! He's already dead!" meme but he isn't fully dead yet and I don't want this to ever stop.

Will this suffice?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

QuarkJets posted:

AKA the regular police

I mean unless you are a black female... or a white female raped by a sports player on any level from high school to professional. Or had a drink that night, or wore something that someone found attractive and thus you were obviously asking for it.

Night10194 posted:

Uh, doesn't he basically lose if he loses any of those and isn't he getting completely loving blown out in PA now?

He can win without PA IIRC, but he has to literally sweep every other "swing" state besides Virginia to pull it off.

Could be wrong tho.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 13, 2016

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

If we live in the good timeline, Daily News should do a reprint/collectors edition of their covers.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

PhazonLink posted:

If we live in the good timeline, Daily News should do a reprint/collectors edition of their covers.

Pretty sure they do.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

quote:

@Shakestweetz: 10 women made allegations of sexual assault against Trump today: 4 in BuzzFeed; 2 in NYT; 2 in Guardian; 1 in Palm Beach Post; 1 on FB.

TEN
https://twitter.com/Shakestweetz/status/786452569367384064

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

I mean unless you are a black female... or a white female raped by a sports player on any level from high school to professional. Or had a drink that night, or wore something that someone found attractive and thus you were obviously asking for it.

He can win without PA IIRC, but he has to literally sweep every other "swing" state besides Virginia to pull it off.[quote]

Could be wrong tho.

Without PA, it's every other swing state including VA, so basically Nov. 8th is gonna be Trump like

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dexo posted:

He can win without PA IIRC, but he has to literally sweep every other "swing" state besides Virginia to pull it off.[quote]

Could be wrong tho.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/BWRP7

I dunno. PA going blue limits his mathematical options pretty severely.

Especially when the map looks more like this with his current poll trajectory.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/DRpb8

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Come onnnnn blue texas

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dexo posted:

Could be wrong tho.

Dude it's not like those groups of people get special "rape police" to help them out, they still have to talk to the plain old regular police their complaints just go unanswered

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's wait until a day or two before the debate. Unless he isn't going, then just go for another bad weekend.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I honestly won't be surprised if "Donald Trump forced a woman to get an abortion" ends up being the kill shot that was being lined up against him. The only real question would be if it was someone he got pregnant or someone, like a Miss America/Universe contestant or some other model, that he pressured in to it for business.

That's where I am with this election now. Donald Trump could be revealed to have forced someone to get an abortion and I wouldn't be surprised. This election has broken me.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lightning Knight posted:

Thousands of reps sounds like a logistical nightmare. I would've expected something on the order of 500, increasing by the same percentage the population does each census, for a manageable if steady growth rate.

500 barely increases the size of the House and only slightly decreases the number of citizens per representative. Doing it right now would probably take you back to around the ratio of representative to citizen as we had in 2000. I'd say you want at least 1,000 to 1,500 to drastically reduce district size. That gets you at least in the neighborhood of the 1913 ratio of representatives to citizens.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dexo posted:

He can win without PA IIRC, but he has to literally sweep every other "swing" state besides Virginia to pull it off.

Could be wrong tho.

without pa and va, the best he could "realistically" hope for is tying it by picking up nh and having paul ryan get the house to throw it to him

otherwise he'd need co, mi, or wi to win

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Don't know if it's already been discussed, but in retrospect it's quite clear Anderson Cooper knew about these latest reveals at the debate, when he was grilling Trump to specifically deny any and all rumours of groping, right?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

QuarkJets posted:

Dude it's not like those groups of people get special "rape police" to help them out, they still have to talk to the plain old regular police their complaints just go unanswered

The joke is that the police rape women. :v:

Gyges posted:

500 barely increases the size of the House and only slightly decreases the number of citizens per representative. Doing it right now would probably take you back to around the ratio of representative to citizen as we had in 2000. I'd say you want at least 1,000 to 1,500 to drastically reduce district size. That gets you at least in the neighborhood of the 1913 ratio of representatives to citizens.

I understand that. I was saying that, that many reps sounds like a huge headache logistically to do elections for and fit all in one space, perform legislative duties and give speeches, etc. I'm not opposed, it just sounds... Complicated.

Father O'Blivion
Jul 2, 2004
Get up on your feet and do the Funky Alfonzo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I honestly won't be surprised if "Donald Trump forced a woman to get an abortion" ends up being the kill shot that was being lined up against him. The only real question would be if it was someone he got pregnant or someone, like a Miss America/Universe contestant or some other model, that he pressured in to it for business.

That's where I am with this election now. Donald Trump could be revealed to have forced someone to get an abortion and I wouldn't be surprised. This election has broken me.

This would make Hilldawg's 'I respect your children' closer all the more sweet, causing more mind-warping cognitive dissonance amongst the right.

Dead Babies 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

I would pay $30 for a coffee table book with NYDN covers and articles charting the downfall of Trump.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

canepazzo posted:

Don't know if it's already been discussed, but in retrospect it's quite clear Anderson Cooper knew about these latest reveals at the debate, when he was grilling Trump to specifically deny any and all rumours of groping, right?

It seems like anyone in a TV job knew about this fucker's rapey ways.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

canepazzo posted:

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me. At that level of journalism, it's a pretty small group, and I'm sure they all talk to each other in various ways.

But I do like to imagine a shadowy cabal led by the Silver Fox as he is slipped a message under his door an hour before the debates and as he reads it he just

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Am I overlooking something obvious.

Like I know it's not going to happen but if Trump loses PA, and VA, he could still "technically" pull this map off no?

http://www.270towin.com/maps/do0Qv

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

canepazzo posted:

Not necessarily. Trump was openly bragging about how he got away with sexually assaulting women on the Access Hollywood tape, and Cooper probably decided to nail him on that and not the "crude language" take the right was trying to spin it as. It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to guess that if the dude's bragging about it he's done it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

gfsincere posted:

Ummm...Bro.

Fam.

Homeslice.

Famalam.

Relative.

i can't stop laughing at this gif ogm help

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

canepazzo posted:

Cooper didn't have to know crap to know what was going to happen if he grilled Trump on that subject. Also, it was really important that Cooper communicated that point to Trump directly in a way that Trump couldn't brush off his actions as banter later. It didn't entirely succeed in correcting media descriptions of the bus event as lewd comments, but I think it steered it some.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

canepazzo posted:

No its not. he just pressed him on very obvious points.. you don't have to have any special insider knowledge to ask if it really was just words and not actions when he's insisting that it was just locker room talk whatever the gently caress that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dexo posted:

Am I overlooking something obvious.

Like I know it's not going to happen but if Trump loses PA, and VA, he could still "technically" pull this map off no?

http://www.270towin.com/maps/do0Qv

NY Times has a useful interactive diagram of the various paths to winning the election.

If Trump loses PA and VA he needs Florida along with almost every other swing state.

• Locked thread