Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel
This speech is basically a huge antisemitic dog whistle. Anytime anyone speaks of a network of sinister "global financial interests" that control the media it's a warm up before pogroms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Can we get a thread dedicated to discussing the rise of the alt-right? I find it both fascinating and horrifying/revolting at the same time.

Seconded.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Sorry, I'm not sure how to keep up with this thread; what happened last night?

I saw that-
-Trump is a Milosevic apologist
-4 accounts came out by women groped/assaulted by Trump
-Video of Trump telling a 10 y/o he'd date her in 10 years
-Trump threatening to sue NYTimes and women who stepped forward
-#repealthe19th is trending despite my coworker telling me misogyny is over
-Michelle is giving a super rad speech and it sounds like one of you guys is watching it live with your 3-year-old? So jealous.

Did I miss anything? I feel like I missed something big, but so much crazy poo poo's been happening every day it's hard to keep up. It truly is an October Surprise Advent Calendar.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Keep insulting and threatening the press Donald, that's a real winning strategy.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Trump thinks it's loving weird that these stories come out right after the Wikileaks drops.

I think the timelines might be switched there.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

"The claims about my inappropriate conduct with women are absolutely and unequivocally false"

:lol:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Instant Sunrise posted:

jesus these trump rallies sound like something you'd see in triumph of the will. :gonk:

Wait, is there one going on now? Link please?

It's slow at work so I have time to witness the monstrosity spectacle.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This whole rally is basically Trump telling his base that there is a conspiracy against them and him.

He is straight up denying that he ever did anything wrong.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Crocobile posted:

Sorry, I'm not sure how to keep up with this thread; what happened last night?

I saw that-
-Trump is a Milosevic apologist
-4 accounts came out by women groped/assaulted by Trump
-Video of Trump telling a 10 y/o he'd date her in 10 years
-Trump threatening to sue NYTimes and women who stepped forward
-#repealthe19th is trending despite my coworker telling me misogyny is over
-Michelle is giving a super rad speech and it sounds like one of you guys is watching it live with your 3-year-old? So jealous.

Did I miss anything? I feel like I missed something big, but so much crazy poo poo's been happening every day it's hard to keep up. It truly is an October Surprise Advent Calendar.

The real reason the thread exploded last night was we had a meta-discussion about Racism In D&D, I think you touched on all the major actual political developments.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Hahaha we have evidence to disprove these claims, and they will be released...

At the appropriate time.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

comingafteryouall posted:

"The claims about my inappropriate conduct with women are absolutely and unequivocally false"

:lol:

I eagerly await the inevitable video evidence to the contrary.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Lightning Knight posted:

Yep, pretty much. American Fascism has reached its zenith, and its champion is the cheeto hitler.

He's gotten worse though. He used to pull some punches and use more innuendo, now he's openly declaring that he's going to jail Hillary as a virtual campaign promise, and he's incorporated more and more Breitbart rhetoric. It was always really toxic, but the content used to be a little more dog whistley.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Well I can't listen to anymore of that.

Prester Jane was right, this is where things quickly stop being funny.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

He is just repeating literal, actual facist slogans over and over. This is a major party candidate for President Of The United States.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Crain posted:

This whole rally is basically Trump telling his base that there is a conspiracy against them and him.

He is straight up denying that he ever did anything wrong.
Every rally he's done the last week has been like this. This is what worries me the most, apart from him somehow still winning. He's telling tens of thousands of adoring fans that his victory is all but assured, he's winning every poll, and that all that will prevent his amazing, never-before-seen campaign to take back the country for the American people winning is a vast conspiracy of shadowy evil people, and that anyone who tells you otherwise is part of the conspiracy.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

disjoe posted:

Hahaha we have evidence to disprove these claims, and they will be released...

At the appropriate time.

Once it's done being audited

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Thanks! Wish it had a better thread title, though...

MonkeyOnFire
Jun 3, 2004
I LOVE MONKEYS
"Look at her, look at her words. I don't think so." Too ugly to sexually assault, huh, Donnie?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trump's rhetoric is really getting more and more extreme. It's honestly sort of horrifying when I realize there's a month to go more or less. Is he going to be calling for riots and murder in the streets after the third debate?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Alright that's enough of this for me. Someone let me know if there's anything more to this other than him dropping incredibly dangerous claims about there being a conspiracy against him.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Yeah, Sinclair Lewis was 1/2 right. Fascism in the US is cloaked in patriotism, but instead of a cross being the other half it's been open misogyny and racism.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Chinese Gordon posted:

He is just repeating literal, actual facist slogans over and over. This is a major party candidate for President Of The United States.

Hopefully this marks the end of the Republican party though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
he's not even putting forward any policy positions or talking about his presidency or what he'll do, he's in full on defensive mode regarding sex offense allegations. just complaining about how everyone is a horrible corrupt liar

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Periodiko posted:

He's gotten worse though. He used to pull some punches and use more innuendo, now he's openly declaring that he's going to jail Hillary as a virtual campaign promise, and he's incorporated more and more Breitbart rhetoric. It was always really toxic, but the content used to be a little more dog whistley.

Imo, he doesn't deserve credit because he used to wrap his fascism in talking points. Just the same as there's little meaningful difference between Cruz/Rubio and Trump in practical outcome for most Americans. Fascism is fascism, coded or naked.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

I hope every single Republican politician/strategist/commentator/'intellectual' is watching this.

Time to reap the whirlwind, fuckers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The party of Lincoln folks

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I hope they understand, now, naked and with no mask at all, what they did. And that not for the House, or the Senate, but because at least some of them have any shred of dignity or even loyalty to our country, the GOP starts to pull back and disavow this bastard.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

"Facts mean nothing"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lmao "i will not allow the clinton machine to turn our campaign into a discussion of slander and lies" says the man who has been ranting about the unfair media for 20 minutes

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
He's so bad at reading a teleprompter, he just stares at the screen, then looks at the audience to deliver an adlib, then immediately goes back to being glued to the screen.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
YouTube link to Trump rally/speech going on right now in Florida in case anyone missed it!:

:siren: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3hJjWTLRB0 :siren:

Trump is seriously talking about trying to get the New York Times shut down right now. :psyduck:

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph... He really has a grudge against them in the way Trump best knows how.

E: And of how the NYTimes is a conspiracy organized by Clinton to

And of how the only thing going for Hillary is "her breasts, and nothing else." You guys have to watch this yourself to believe it. He's doubling down on loving everything. :wtc:attack him personally.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 13, 2016

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

"I won't allow the Clinton machine to make this campaign about these lies and slander", says the man who has spent, what, 20 minutes talking about them

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

boner confessor posted:

lmao "i will not allow the clinton machine to turn our campaign into a discussion of slander and lies" says the man who has been ranting about the unfair media for 20 minutes

drat

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The party of Lincoln folks
Party of Johnson, actually.

"Also invoking venerable canards was Lincoln’s successor, Vice President Andrew Johnson. Excoriating Judah P. Benjamin, who had served as attorney general, secretary of war, and secretary of state in the Confederacy, as “a sneaking, Jewish, unconscionable traitor,” and citing the apostle John’s account of the crucifixion, Johnson placed Benjamin in “that tribe that parted the garments of our savior and for his vesture cast lots.”

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Roman Reigns posted:

"Facts mean nothing"
Yeah, man, you know what they say.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Remember when people used to think this fucker was funny and that we were lucky he was running.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I wonder if the media will respond to open attacks on their freedom with "drat this dude is a fascist guys lets not elect him" or "Donald Trump challenges claims, casts doubt on sexual assault narrative."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Donald Trump:

quote:

My friends, the ZOG is real. Hillary is their leader.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
im loving this duality between "you can't trust the media" to "the polls show i am ahead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't tell. Did he say that directly or is it still 'globalist international bankers'?

• Locked thread