Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Waah, I hate change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Radical posted:

they should just split kalista into two champions, one that throws the support around and one that does the jumping thing and then make new kits around those two things. shes got so much poo poo going on with her i don't see how they could ever balance her.

She's probably my favorite adc because the "fill enemies with spears then hurt them then do it more" is super appealing to me. drat shame about her weirdass R that I've definitely plopped on people who go afk or quit way too many times.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

She's probably my favorite adc because the "fill enemies with spears then hurt them then do it more" is super appealing to me. drat shame about her weirdass R that I've definitely plopped on people who go afk or quit way too many times.

Her R is just dumb because if she's strong her kit makes her a bad idea to try and run down and then her R just means you can't catch the support either so your only option in lane turns into "hit the champion with a free dash after every auto attack with a binding". The only support I ever found to be somewhat decent at fighting her was ali because he can at least engage on her directly with a flash but half the time they would pick ali because he's so good with kalista too. I straight up don't think that champ can be reasonably balanced without a rework on her kit. It never made sense to make her the queen of kiting and give her support a get out of jail free card.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I see all of this discussion here and that's great, but why is no one complaining about the lack of an actually good shaco skin :(

Every champ is getting sick skins that are way cool and detailed and memey and the newest shaco skin (which came out like two years ago) just looks like cruella de vil without the pimp-rear end fur coat

also didn't they promise a rework for shaco like four loving years ago. whatever happened to that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am really bewildered anyone cares strongly about any ability name as I just refer to them as (Character's) (Letter) and probably couldn't tell you the names of more than a handful of spells. I play Janna near constantly and if you asked me her spell names I'd tell you "Whirlwind" "W" "Shield" and "Ult."

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

I am really bewildered anyone cares strongly about any ability name as I just refer to them as (Character's) (Letter) and probably couldn't tell you the names of more than a handful of spells. I play Janna near constantly and if you asked me her spell names I'd tell you "Whirlwind" "W" "Shield" and "Ult."

you don't call w 'bird'?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

ImpAtom posted:

i just remember them extremely easily and i think it's cooler to refer to them by name

for example i haven't played janna in like two years, but off the top of my head: "Cyclone", "zephyr", "Eye of the Storm(?)" and "Monsoon". First one might be wrong, but i'm 100% on the rest

The people who are actually weird are those who deliberately remember the names of spells. Unless you're a shout-caster, there really isn't a reason to deliberately memorize ability names

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 13, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

you don't call w 'bird'?

I use Forecast Janna most of all (prior to Star Guardian which I swap between) so at best it would be Happy Cloud.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Janna q is definitely "tornado" when people are telling me how awful I am at Janna

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

The Mash posted:

You can run basically any combination of ArPen/AD red/quints. I run full ArPen in both for a bigger mid-game spike, but it means that my early all-in and trading is quite anemic. I think ArPen vs AD evens out after the first back, assuming you get either BF or Serrated+ a Long Sword or two, and then after your first completed item, ArPen starts to pull ahead. It does mean that you cancel out MF's normally very strong early game, but the kill pressure at 6 and the massive power spike at 2 items is worth it IMO. You can usually hit Yomuus+Duskblade around 19-20 minutes if you snowball just a little bit and at that point, you're sitting at 49 armor penetration and can absolutely murder anyone who doesn't have a chain vest or better.

If I'm snowballing, I'll postpone Black Cleaver because I have enough damage without it and would rather kill high-threat targets faster. In that case, Bloodthirster is a very good third item for the flat AD and the shield to keep your W passive from dropping off.

If an enemy tank is snowballing, I'll get Black Cleaver second.

If an enemy AP carry is snowballing, I'll get Maw of Malmortius second. Yomuus, Duskblade and Black Cleaver are almost always the other three of the first four items in that case.

I frequently build 0 attack speed items outside of Berserker Greaves. Maxed W gives you all the attack speed you need if you're killing everything in 2-3 hits anyway. If you're gonna build one attack speed item, I would almost always get RFC because it synergizes so insanely well with MF's passive.

I actually don't think the early game damage vs champions is that different for arpen vs flat AD (depending on your mix of autos vs landed Qs), it's just the last hitting that's significantly worse. Last hitting is still easy if you juggle your passive, though. IMO arpen reds at least are an absolute must and running a standard ADC rune page on MF is a total waste.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

kingcobweb posted:

Janna q is definitely "tornado" when people are telling me how awful I am at Janna

it's just 'nado, all the way

Forecast Janna is a fantastic skin by the way. I love the generic newswoman laugh you can spam in everyone's ears' near constantly, plus you can do a cheerful dance from singing in the rain on the corpses of your enemies and allies!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My favorite is "unknown weather pattern" when Nocturne ults

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

kingcobweb posted:

My favorite is "unknown weather pattern" when Nocturne ults

nobody plays nocturne so I have never run into that :haw:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Tell me summoner
Are you my nightmare?
Or am I yours.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The Challenger IRL Rewards Announced
they're goofy fuckin jackets lmao

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Eh they look okay

I could rock it because I'm not goony as gently caress like the rest of yalls, plus I'm a real life challenger

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i bet next year's jackets will look a whole lot better

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm the regret on methanars face

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Actually Twitch's ult is called rat ta tat tat because he never hesitates to put a bot lane on its back

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

I am methanar's raging bile duct

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Actually Twitch's ult is called rat ta tat tat because he never hesitates to put a bot lane on its back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NOehRrfFhE

Toboggan confirmed N-word leaner

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I haven't played in two years, how do I play Vi? What's the jungle like?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

its curtains for Kevin posted:

that's beard actually

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013

RC Cola posted:

I haven't played in two years, how do I play Vi? What's the jungle like?

Follow this guy on facebook and pay him to watch his stream, you'll be Diamond in no time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

that's beard actually

No, they were right the first time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Lane swaps sucked. But think whatever you want about them, I don't care. I'm done watching pro league forever.
:toxx: yourself big kev

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They're awful but I want those fuckers.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need someone to tell me what APs are good right now. Is Zyra still viable?
I see a lot of pros picking Syndra up, did they buff her?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Elentor posted:

I need someone to tell me what APs are good right now. Is Zyra still viable?
I see a lot of pros picking Syndra up, did they buff her?
Syndra is a bit more complicated if you don't have the mechanics. She's straight-forward but she's a lot harder to really use well than she looks.

Morgana is apparently the strongest AP this patch.

Left is win% and right is pick% (Which matters in context, because one-tricks can boost win rates)

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
corki is BACK!!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Corki is back big time folks

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Voxx posted:

trigger warning intense badassery:

i still don't know what the gently caress that icon is and i've been around for six years. is that a bull? the gently caress is that?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Syndra is a bit more complicated if you don't have the mechanics. She's straight-forward but she's a lot harder to really use well than she looks.

Morgana is apparently the strongest AP this patch.

Left is win% and right is pick% (Which matters in context, because one-tricks can boost win rates)

Morgana it is then. My journey for the jacket begins today.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's Corki's world...

We just live in it!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh did people find out about the secret actually good corki build where he goes hexdrinker-gunblade or just straight gunblade?

also this is the official twitch theme song so obviously you know what the proper twitch ult name is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhrteSZXFzM

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quest for the jacket trip report: A bunch of awful defeats, team ended up as Gold II.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

armor pen rune miss fortune trip report: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I Janna ulted in the middle of MF ult instead of running out of it

I took 1925 damage

• Locked thread