Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

reignofevil posted:

You and I and everyone else in this thread are the beard guy.

I thought we were all the bald video game twiggy guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Saw a scene from that movie when I was a kid. I only caught the terrifying climax with the eyeball in the hand and it stuck with me in my nightmares too.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't even realize I saw The Gate as a kid, but once they got to the 'Eye in the hand' scene I remembered. That moment is burned into my memory.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Ignoring Josh, for obvious reasons.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hollywood is currently developing a Tetris trilogy. Also a Play-Doh movie.

I couldn't believe it so I looked it up. Somebody said these words to another human being, and kept a straight face presumably.

quote:

“It’s just a phenomenal idea for this brand,” Kasanoff told Mashable. “That’s what motivated this whole thing. And you’ve gotta ask yourself why ‘Tetris’ has been so successful for so many years; we’ve thought of a really great science fiction movie out of it. I get pitched video game projects all the time, and we’re very picky about that stuff.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/19/tetris-the-movie-coming-soon-to-a-theater-near-you/

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
mike will never do an episode with josh because of he hates him too.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I get the sense that Josh was Jay's friend first (there's an old music video for Josh's band that Jay directed) and is only a part of the RLM crew because they don't have that many friends willing to be on camera.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
actually josh is alright

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah, this episode reminded me how Jack once said he hates claymation, what an idiot.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I'm trying to find a screencap of a list of all the terrible pitches executives tried to sell to a screenwriter before. A lot of them were abstract one sentence ideas either they, or their spouses, or this one guy one of their friends' knew came up with (when they were high). It really shows how movies like The Emoji Movie and Tetris: The Movie got greenlit.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

THE BAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwhcJiTfYA4

It's like an upbeat version of the X-COM geoscape theme.

oh my god, you are 100% correct

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

counterfeitsaint posted:

Ignoring Josh, for obvious reasons.

I couldn't believe it so I looked it up. Somebody said these words to another human being, and kept a straight face presumably.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/19/tetris-the-movie-coming-soon-to-a-theater-near-you/

Haha, good joke quote, no one click that link it's obviously goatse.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I thought we were all the bald video game twiggy guy.

Its complicated. Bald guy is the 'light side' of this thread and fat beard man is the 'dark side'.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I look forward to the Tetris movie.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So does anyone have a run down on who's who in the extended RLM cinematic universe? There's chubby funny guy and sometimes handsomer guy and fat guy, plus a cast of their friends and hangers on. What's their deals, what's their dirt?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Fully agreed on all points with Jay. Josh was alright this time.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Baronjutter posted:

So does anyone have a run down on who's who in the extended RLM cinematic universe? There's chubby funny guy and sometimes handsomer guy and fat guy, plus a cast of their friends and hangers on. What's their deals, what's their dirt?

I think this video should explain it all.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I'm fine with josh being on re:views if it means he isn't on botw. don't let him on the good show.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think the least realistic thing in Commando is the part where the mall cop is hitting on the pretty girls and they're responding positively instead of getting really extremely creeped out by the gross mall cop hitting on them

black don knotts: "wanna see me kick some rear end? :grin:"
80s chicks in nice clothes with big boobs: "tee hee!"

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

extended RLM cinematic universe

2001 Amazing Mike 1
2003 Amazing Mike 2
2003 Gay Jay
2004 Amazing Mike 3
2005 Jack Attack
2006 Gay Jay: Gayer Jay
2006 Amazing Mike: Beginnings (reboot)
2007 Wonderboy Rich Evans
2009 Wonderboy Rich Evans: Birthdays
2009 Jack Attack: Balder Dash
2009 Gay Jay: It Cums
2010 Amazing Mike: Sober Days
2011 Wonderboy Rich Evans and the Quest of the National Treasure
2011 Red Letter Media
2012 Gay Jay: Twink
2012 Jack Attacks
2013 Red Letter Media: Age of Josh
2013 Amazing Mike: Slidewhistle
2014 Red Letter Media: Crisis in Milwaukee
2015 Jessi (critical acclaim, box office bomb)
2016 Mike
2016 Rich 1
2016 Jack 1
2016 Jay: Origins
2017 Red Letter Media: Return of Red Letter Media, the game: The Movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'd watch it all

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

2008 I'm Dying Lauren is technically part of the series but under a different studio

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It's a shame you dumb babies won't watch a josh episode because I learned about a weird horror movie for kids and the literal last joke was a real cool callback.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Krinkle posted:

It's a shame you dumb babies won't watch a josh episode because I learned about a weird horror movie for kids and the literal last joke was a real cool callback.

I didn't watch it, but I did listen to it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yo I've never even heard of this movie before and it looks cool as gently caress. Also if I had seen it as a kid it would have scared me shitless.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Krinkle posted:

Did anyone say they straight up won't watch videos with Josh? I thought the consensus was just mild disappointment when he's in one, not refusal to watch it.

He was totally fine in this one, btw.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

powerful sex moves posted:

Did anyone say they straight up won't watch videos with Josh? I thought the consensus was just mild disappointment when he's in one, not refusal to watch it.

hello, it is me. I'm the dumb baby who doesn't watch the josh videos and I've never felt more alive.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dreezy posted:

hello, it is me. I'm the dumb baby who doesn't watch the josh videos and I've never felt more alive.

Unlike the other thread this thread is a safe space to hate whomever you wanna hate except Jay and Rich Evans.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't hate Josh but I like to imagine he smells loving awful, I mean just look at the guy, you can practically smell him when he's on screen.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Are there any ladies involved in red letter mediums or is it all just nerdmans?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

powerful sex moves posted:

Oh I'm sorry I saw "not going to link it' and either misread or extrapolated from there.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Eh, Josh was good in this video. Re:View is more of a format where his prep work before hand doesn't hurt him. Unlike his planned jokes in the BOTW and WOTW.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JB50 posted:

Eh, Josh was good in this video. Re:View is more of a format where his prep work before hand doesn't hurt him. Unlike his planned jokes in the BOTW and WOTW.
That and I think he is the horror nerd fan of the group along with Jay which is why they are grouped together for these films

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Baronjutter posted:

Are there any ladies involved in red letter mediums or is it all just nerdmans?

there used to be

they are gone now

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hemingway To Go! posted:

there used to be

they are gone now

Haven't seen a female here in many a tumtum...

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
In terms of future fads I am calling it now that the Power Rangers will usher in an era of 90s nostalgia movies.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

four jays and seven tumtums ago

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The Archaic posted:

In terms of future fads I am calling it now that the Power Rangers will usher in an era of 90s nostalgia movies.

i dont think so tim

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Zmej posted:

four jays and seven tumtums ago

Our four fathers (Mike, Jay, Rich and Jack)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Checked the patreon, these guys are getting $170,000 per year now :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Checked the patreon, these guys are getting $170,000 per year now :staredog:

Plus their youtube ad pennies.
170k divided by their staff minus their other operating costs isn't exactly filthy money.

• Locked thread