Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Fitz and Simmons started off as these kids who needed to be protected at the expense of the other team members. Now look at them. Fitz can wreck people and Simmons has the cunning of a spy and doesn't let anyone give her any poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TARDISman posted:

I like that they handicapped Daisy a bit, it gets boring if the main character gets too powerful.

What a loving drop from causing an avalanche thousands of feet away and bringing a SHIELD base crumbling around her to 'Can't hold off a steel shelf consistently' though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jamesman posted:

Fitz and Simmons started off as these kids who needed to be protected at the expense of the other team members. Now look at them. Fitz can wreck people and Simmons has the cunning of a spy and doesn't let anyone give her any poo poo.

She's come a long way since she awkwardly stunned Sitwell. That Hydra Bastard.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

RareAcumen posted:

What a loving drop from causing an avalanche thousands of feet away and bringing a SHIELD base crumbling around her to 'Can't hold off a steel shelf consistently' though.

I think it comes from going "Hey these are some cool powers. Now let me do other stuff for a while," to "Must use my powers all the time. And screw those gauntlets that help keep my arms from breaking, they can probably track them."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4 Episode 3: "Uprising"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Taking a good look at Daisy's arm in that episode gives a good idea of why her powers fluctuate. When a person is in constant extreme pain, it's just willpower that gets them through. If Daisy becomes too demoralized, she'll collapse. If she sees a guy's head turn into a flaming skull start hurling things at her, she becomes so shocked she can barely focus. If she tried to do too much without her techno-bone drugs, her arms snap off. It makes it easy for the writers to modulate her powers as the situation calls for it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SLEEPER HOLD

KNOCKOUT PUNCH

FIRE EXTINGUISHER

:allears:

Fitz should just start carrying around a fire extinguisher like Mack's shotgun-axe.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I am totally fine with accepting this was some kind of dampener rather than any kind of EMP pulse in a traditional sense. Plus AoS does follow comic rules.

Did they ever say where the advanced weapons the Watchdogs had came from? Based on Luke Cage, I'd bet it will be shown to be Hammer.

I think Daisy talked about it a few times, the watch dogs she was tracking robbed a fancy lab. (The same one ghost people came from? Not sure.)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Good episode. A bit "filler" and Gemma trying to bring May back was a bit out of place (that's a powerful moment but juxtaposed against the wacky action sequences of Yoyo and the 3 amigos and shot with that strange wide lens, it lost impact), but otherwise, I had a lot of fun.

bio347 posted:

She has so much fun with her powers. It's great to watch.

I like how when she was disarming the EMP room, she was smiling the whole way.

ps: Boy Scout Fitz for Director.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
There has been a late addition to Brett Dalton's Phoenix Fan Fest appearance.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't remember, did she shoot Ward? Now's her chance.

E: erm, paintball or something. I don't want Dalton shot.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Bruceski posted:

I don't remember, did she shoot Ward? Now's her chance.

E: erm, paintball or something. I don't want Dalton shot.

Yeah, she unloaded a clip into Hive. It was awesome.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
And then she just talked to the dog.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

I think it comes from going "Hey these are some cool powers. Now let me do other stuff for a while," to "Must use my powers all the time. And screw those gauntlets that help keep my arms from breaking, they can probably track them."

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's bullshit or anything. I'm just saying 'wow, what a power drop.'

I hope this is the season that starts bringing those other plot threads back up. Like the Gravitonium and the frozen boy who fell into the sea.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

Did they ever say where the advanced weapons the Watchdogs had came from? Based on Luke Cage, I'd bet it will be shown to be Hammer.

I need more Sam Rockwell cameos in MCU stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

sticklefifer posted:

I need more Sam Rockwell cameos in MCU stuff.

He just needs to be dancing in the background or something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, from the point of view of an Inhuman, let's take a look at life under the Accords:

1) Get hunted down by armed SHIELD agents for merely existing
2) Given the option of being a good little Inhuman and doing everything you're told forever or get sent to some hole for the rest of your life
3) Have to wear a manacle watch which records any power use
4) Have your location constantly monitored
5) Have all that information available to any country which signed the Accords and which may or may not want to make you a slave or vivisect you or kill you or just sell the information to the highest bidder.

So, why would anyone with powers agree to this?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Also aren't they still on the low curve of the inhuman population according to Phil's estimate last year? What happens when the Terrigen is 100% soaked into the environment?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Mutants. Genosha. Its happening.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Error 404 posted:

Wasn't that the plan the Russians had last season?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

frgildan posted:

Yeah but not as a sanctuary, it was so they could have their own army of powered people on hand.

No one has a weapons best interests at heart.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Didn't they go to Kenosha in season one or two?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

homullus posted:

Didn't they go to Kenosha in season one or two?

Fitzsimmons spent some time in the ocean, that's for sure

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I just mean that the inhumans stuff as we've seen so far is coming across as off-brand X-Men. But I'm 10000% ok with this.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

Fitzsimmons spent some time in the ocean, that's for sure

HQ is compliant with all workplace regulations.

OSHA

\/\/\/ We're doing a rhyming/sort of sounding like thing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 13, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

HQ is compliant with all workplace regulations.

OSHA

: The Director sure loves his acronyms...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Gorilla Salad posted:

So, why would anyone with powers agree to this?
Because when it's going to fail spectacurarly (granted at the risk of many many lives), there will be a strong case to annul the accords and never try this again ?

Sort of like a sad case of "I told ya"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the worst copyright problem Agents of Shield has, and a problem with not wanting to mess up the movie universe, is that on the Netflix series they always go "YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!" and they obviously mean loving Inhumans, but they can't say it, and they always blow it off since none of the Netflix heroes are actually Inhumans.

It's kind of annoying really that they can't even share some things between each other. Maybe if the rumors are true and Agents starts getting taken more seriously with a crossover with Netflix stuff they can finally stop this ridiculousness.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the worst copyright problem Agents of Shield has, and a problem with not wanting to mess up the movie universe, is that on the Netflix series they always go "YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!" and they obviously mean loving Inhumans, but they can't say it, and they always blow it off since none of the Netflix heroes are actually Inhumans.

It's kind of annoying really that they can't even share some things between each other. Maybe if the rumors are true and Agents starts getting taken more seriously with a crossover with Netflix stuff they can finally stop this ridiculousness.

I have never thought they are referencing Inhumans in the Netflix series. In fact, the lack of references to Winter Soldier, Avengers 2/Sokovia, Ant-Man, and Civil War likely means the Netflix-verse still takes place in the aftermath of Avengers 1. "The Incident" (IE Avengers 1) is still being referenced as a recent thing.

Maybe they'll have a time jump at some point that puts them along the same timeline as AOS/the films are, but right now, I think the Netflix shows are staying in that area after Avengers 1 but before Cap 2.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Error 404 posted:

I just mean that the inhumans stuff as we've seen so far is coming across as off-brand X-Men. But I'm 10000% ok with this.

Pretty sure that's what Marvel was planning to do with them entirely at one point, and still might. Mostly because of Fox.

notthegoatseguy posted:

I have never thought they are referencing Inhumans in the Netflix series. In fact, the lack of references to Winter Soldier, Avengers 2/Sokovia, Ant-Man, and Civil War likely means the Netflix-verse still takes place in the aftermath of Avengers 1. "The Incident" (IE Avengers 1) is still being referenced as a recent thing.

Maybe they'll have a time jump at some point that puts them along the same timeline as AOS/the films are, but right now, I think the Netflix shows are staying in that area after Avengers 1 but before Cap 2.

I always assumed that'd be part of it. Though some things I am thinking about now suggest you might be right; nobody ever mentions SHIELD. I thought someone mentioned how they fell apart and were all Hydra in one of the shows? But I could be remembering it wrong. (I want to say Jessica Jones?)

If this theory is right it does explain some things involving HAMMER / Ant-man. It'd also give us a neat flash-forward to anyone they cross over with if that was true.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, one of them just means super powered person like the Avengers, not inhuman

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

There's no copyright issue preventing anything in the netflix series, which if you haven't noticed still have ABC studios in the credits (and ABC is owned by Disney anyways, so it's not like they're going to object to the Netflix shows using elements from AoS anyways).

It's all just down to the Netflix shows being produced largely independent from the broadcast ABC stuff and there likely not being much communication between the two writing/production staffs, though there have been recent hints that some crossover between the two networks' shows may occur soonish.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think having three storylines all progressing in the same universe, but having one of them moving at a slower rate is an incredibly stupid and confusing idea. Especially without actually saying so. Which is not to say it's not what's happening.

I also think 'one of them' just means someone with super powers, but they didn't want to say 'powered person' because that sounds dumb. Also they didn't want to say inhumans because no one gives a poo poo about inhumans except a few comic book readers, and the last thing Marvel wants to do is remind their viewers about that movie that quietly got canceled because, again, no one gives a poo poo about inhumans.

Also I hope the Mutant Registration Act Stokovia Accords stops getting referenced all the drat time. It's becoming shorthand for 'hey both sides should sit down and hear each other out because they both have valid points, and they can probably reach an agreement but let's not do that because we need a plot to happen so they have to fight now'

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure that's what Marvel was planning to do with them entirely at one point, and still might. Mostly because of Fox.

Right. And tbh the 'mutant' thing fits inhumans even better that way.

Its still about people born different.

After the first avengers movie, people who are part alien fits the 'humanity hates and fears us' bit even better.

The fact that terrigen is everywhere now means that inhuman kids are just gonna start popping up (like mutants do)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like this is a result of Caps revolt against the accords. If he had accepted them, he and Tony and the rest could come at them from a unified position of strength and demand the more troublesome aspects be removed. But since Cap gave them the big middle finger of liberty, they went into effect without any changes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

frgildan posted:

I kind of hope they get back to that plot at some point. Honestly seems like a pretty big deal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so I apparently missed some stuff.

Who was that lady at the end of the episode? Was that just the senator that had on screen within the show 18 seconds earlier?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so I apparently missed some stuff.

Who was that lady at the end of the episode? Was that just the senator that had on screen within the show 18 seconds earlier?

Yep

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh. Well, was she also the lady who ratted out Yo-yo? And was that guy in a chrysalis at the end hinted at anywhere earlier or is that a mystery for a later episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh. Well, was she also the lady who ratted out Yo-yo? And was that guy in a chrysalis at the end hinted at anywhere earlier or is that a mystery for a later episode?

No. The bride to be was someone else. If we do see her again, it will be for Yo Yo to rescue, and she can tearfully see the error of her ways asking Yo-Yo for forgiveness.

That's the first time that chrysalis was seen. I believe she mentioned she was at her brother's place, so I'm assuming that's him.

• Locked thread