Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I like Vinny, his complaints or the things he points out about shows are not the same as Bryan so I like having a 2nd/4rd view on the shows, its okay that someone else doesn't like him but I have a hard time seeing where those folks are coming from.

I really enjoy Lance Storm on his f4w shows but I know of the Jackal way more than I've seen any of his work so I don't know how I feel about The Jackal having a podcast with him, mostly indifferent and it will go into the pile of shows I subscribe to, listen to half one episode that sits in my downloaded list for 4 months and then unsubscribe when I notice 4 months later I never finished the one show I bothered to download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am really excited for Lance Storm's PodcastOne ad reads.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Lance/Konnan crossover episode will be fantastic.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

rovert posted:

I am really excited for Lance Storm's PodcastOne ad reads.

It would not surprise me at all if the advertisers stipulated that Don Callis has to read the ad copy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/10/13/hideo-itami-injury-okadas-year-king-pro-wrestling/
Joe was fired up for that first half hour

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love how TNA cant even sell themselves without screwing up.

Related Billy Corgan got screwed by Dixie.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Billy screwed Billy

Imagine thinking you could touch the poop

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

algebra testes posted:

I love how TNA cant even sell themselves without screwing up.

Related Billy Corgan got screwed by Dixie.

Please, Dixie never intended to sell. I guarantee she thought she could string along investors while keeping control.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Granny: "I really hated that NWA stuff. I'm gonna only review the stuff I like. Let's start with the best thing I saw, Wesley Blake vs Buddy Murphy!"

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Stick around for the last half hour he gets fired up again

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
RIP Pisscast

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

ch3cooh posted:

Stick around for the last half hour he gets fired up again

Fired up in a good way or in a, well, Joe way?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Capsaicin posted:

Granny: "I really hated that NWA stuff. I'm gonna only review the stuff I like. Let's start with the best thing I saw, Wesley Blake vs Buddy Murphy!"

Oh no I was looking forward to two of my fav things in NWA and Granny's report :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Fired up in a good way or in a, well, Joe way?

YMMV but for me it was a lot of arguing against anonymous Twitter people and 20 minutes of restating the same point that had already been made in the first 5.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
...Are Joe and Bryan secret cousins?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Spermgod posted:

YMMV but for me it was a lot of arguing against anonymous Twitter people and 20 minutes of restating the same point that had already been made in the first 5.

Fired up in the way that made me quit listening then

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Bryan discovering WWE 2k17 glitches was amazing

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbsgDNlLaQ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Capsaicin posted:

Granny gave the Nakamura/Samoa Joe brawl a score of 20 out of 10.

Granny is right.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Spermgod posted:

Talking about butt play for like 10 mins was also really weird and awkward

But yeah Joe just likes bitching about Fray without calling him out by name

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Has anyone checked out the Something to Wrestle With pod with Bruce Pritchard? I'm digging it. Apologies if it's been discussed before.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how can anyone hate vinny when hes so sweet to granny despite her being trash

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

don't you talk about granny like that

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hes right

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

first attitude era podcast of the new era is wrestlemania 27

Great episode but they're dead wrong to compare The Rock's intentions during his return to Hogan's in WCW.

Also, how much dust do you think has to settle before there's another Breaking News Audio on TNA? The situation certainly has developed.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oatgan posted:

hes right
Granny has been great ever since they got her a proper headset IMO

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

oatgan posted:

hes right

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kinetic77 posted:

Has anyone checked out the Something to Wrestle With pod with Bruce Pritchard? I'm digging it. Apologies if it's been discussed before.

When Pritchard stays focused, it's good. When he goes off on one of his thousand different rants about the internet marks who think they know everything because they read a dirtsheet, it's tiresome, and he really doesn't want to offend anyone alive, so he only tells positive stories. Or at least, that's what I've seen from listening to three or four episodes.

I also don't really like his cohost, but that seems to be a standard thing on MLW. I saw an episode of MLW Radio with MSL and that guy and noped the gently caress out and deleted it without bothering to listen.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

rotinaj posted:

When Pritchard stays focused, it's good. When he goes off on one of his thousand different rants about the internet marks who think they know everything because they read a dirtsheet, it's tiresome, and he really doesn't want to offend anyone alive, so he only tells positive stories. Or at least, that's what I've seen from listening to three or four episodes.

I also don't really like his cohost, but that seems to be a standard thing on MLW. I saw an episode of MLW Radio with MSL and that guy and noped the gently caress out and deleted it without bothering to listen.

It's also annoying as gently caress how Conrad is always pressing Bruce for payday dollar figures. Who cares about that poo poo?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Arbite posted:

Great episode but they're dead wrong to compare The Rock's intentions during his return to Hogan's in WCW.

Also, how much dust do you think has to settle before there's another Breaking News Audio on TNA? The situation certainly has developed.

They're probably wrong about The Rock, but it's not a hard point to come to when you see how much he makes it about himself, particularly with WM27. Like I know that's what he does and everything, and I like him a lot, but every appearance is about how great The Rock is. What's worse is how formulaic his promos have become whenever he turns up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DrVenkman posted:

They're probably wrong about The Rock, but it's not a hard point to come to when you see how much he makes it about himself, particularly with WM27. Like I know that's what he does and everything, and I like him a lot, but every appearance is about how great The Rock is. What's worse is how formulaic his promos have become whenever he turns up.

You mean the promos that got better reactions than everyone on the roster and made the company shitloads of money? He came in and did exactly what he was paid to do and the fans ate it up. Anyone who compares him to Hogan in WCW had no understanding of Hogan in WCW. Well, they have a really shallow understanding.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah that's a pretty ridiculous comparison to make by any stretch, especially because it's not like the rock needed to come back to wrestling for money or whatever. like sure he got paid a hefty sum for it but he's still one of the highest paid actors in the world and wasn't hurting for a payday. he did it because he wanted to, you could tell he was having a great time every time he was out there doing promos during the cena feud, and he didn't overstay his welcome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah that's a pretty ridiculous comparison to make by any stretch, especially because it's not like the rock needed to come back to wrestling for money or whatever. like sure he got paid a hefty sum for it but he's still one of the highest paid actors in the world and wasn't hurting for a payday. he did it because he wanted to, you could tell he was having a great time every time he was out there doing promos during the cena feud, and he didn't overstay his welcome.

Apropos of nothing, remember somebody once posted,"The Rock came running back to wrestling because he got laughed out of Hollywood after his career bombed there" :xd:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i totally remember that lmao. talk about wrestling bubble

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

that was actually stephanie

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
You're all talking about how the AE guys were wrong about The Rock and ignoring the much less forgivable fact that they said Christian's entrance music is poo poo.

Probably gonna have to stop listening to them if they're gonna have opinions like that :mad:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MassRafTer posted:

You mean the promos that got better reactions than everyone on the roster and made the company shitloads of money? He came in and did exactly what he was paid to do and the fans ate it up. Anyone who compares him to Hogan in WCW had no understanding of Hogan in WCW. Well, they have a really shallow understanding.

People react to Rock promos 101 because it's The Rock and wrestling fans love nostalgia.

But I'm talking generally about The Rock since then, that copy the same WM27 formula rather than that specific one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DrVenkman posted:

People react to Rock promos 101 because it's The Rock and wrestling fans love nostalgia.

But I'm talking generally about The Rock since then, that copy the same WM27 formula rather than that specific one.

It's not nostalgia when the promos work three years in a row.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
F4W has a search function again!!!!!!!
http://www.f4wonline.com/news-search
http://www.f4wonline.com/search-radioshows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Apropos of nothing, remember somebody once posted,"The Rock came running back to wrestling because he got laughed out of Hollywood after his career bombed there" :xd:

a lonerogue classic

• Locked thread