Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also those 2 images are exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Because the forums have always had a no hotlinking rule.
It's also literally never enforced these days since it isn't 2001 anymore and we're not nuking people's geocities bandwidth caps into oblivion.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Tae posted:

C-capes?!

We need more.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Asimo posted:

It's also literally never enforced these days since it isn't 2001 anymore and we're not nuking people's geocities bandwidth caps into oblivion.

Well, if Comcast has their way, the forums might have to start re-enforcing it again, but for the user's sake. :v:

Either way, image link turned into a url, there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Asimo posted:

I got probated for hotlinking a couple years ago, some mods still do it

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
How long after (or during) the 2015 event did 2014's costumes go up on mogstation? I'm hoping last year's broom goes up for cashmoney.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want the witches broom, but I'm not paying more than 5bux

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Last year's halloween event happened during a time when I was taking a break from the game but there was no way in hell I wasn't going to get that broom

for all three of my characters

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would have resubbed too if I had known. There is nothing better than a cute witch. I've used nothing but Fenrir since I got it so it's time for a change.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My boyfriend and I got emails this morning saying both of us have been suspended for doing pet play in the city. Both of us had the "RP" tags next to our name. Seriously?

Square has always been open to the gay community but now they want to be all homophobic towards us? I can't even log into Balmung until Saturday/Sunday because of this suspension and will miss out on our FC event.

Is there anyway we can fight this?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also, I uh... dear god why :gonk:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Wow. I can't believe it's been a whole year since they added the best mount in the game.

Kelp Me! posted:

Maybe they're colorblind? :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
A max/maxer. No min here.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Kelp Me! posted:

Why can you even do this?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Wow. I can't believe it's been a whole year since they added the best mount in the game.

Maybe they're colorblind? :shrug:

Could be colourblind, but it gives a warning before you meld, and then there's the big +0 beside everything.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
That egg on the Halloween page is lookin' pretty Hee-Ho.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

How expensive are Int V's anyway?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I want the witches broom, but I'm not paying more than 5bux
Push B Select

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

My boyfriend and I got emails this morning saying both of us have been suspended for doing pet play in the city. Both of us had the "RP" tags next to our name. Seriously?

Square has always been open to the gay community but now they want to be all homophobic towards us? I can't even log into Balmung until Saturday/Sunday because of this suspension and will miss out on our FC event.

It's definitely lovely, but it seems recently that ERP stuff on large servers has been super prevalent, so you probably both got caught up in a punishment wave of people doing it in public areas in general. I'm sure what you were doing was super tame or just /pet or whatever and that it's totally erroneous but I'd wager that's why it happened.

I doubt sexuality or gender of the players/characters came into it. Just that people are getting sick of seeing "stuff my c@ funhole" on PF and what not.

Can't really help with the getting it overturned, but perhaps you can get in touch with a GM when you can and ask for an explanation.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

How expensive are Int V's anyway?

30k or so on Gilga, largely because they have no real use unless you do... that.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 14, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

It's definitely lovely, but it seems recently that ERP stuff on large servers has been super prevalent, so you probably both got caught up in a punishment wave of people doing it in public areas in general. I'm sure what you were doing was super tame or just /pet or whatever.

I doubt sexuality or gender of the players/characters came into it. Just that people are getting sick of seeing "stuff my c@ funhole" on PF and what not.

lmao

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Leofish posted:

How long after (or during) the 2015 event did 2014's costumes go up on mogstation? I'm hoping last year's broom goes up for cashmoney.

Typically the previous year's event wear goes up during or slightly before the new event. Who knows how much the broom is going to cost if it goes up, since unlike other cash shop mounts, there was no new work in making it (that was all done prior for last year's event). It will probably be single character instead of account wide though, so I'm guessing under :20bux:, maybe as low as 8, but there's no way it's going up for 5.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

It's definitely lovely, but it seems recently that ERP stuff on large servers has been super prevalent, so you probably both got caught up in a punishment wave of people doing it in public areas in general. I'm sure what you were doing was super tame or just /pet or whatever and that it's totally erroneous but I'd wager that's why it happened.

Can't really help with the getting it overturned, but perhaps you can get in touch with a GM when you can and ask for an explanation.

trap sprung

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Please tell me this is also OF

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Kelp Me! posted:

Source your....quotes(?)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

frick

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Honestly, I don't give a poo poo what you set your status as, if you're conducting any kind of ERP in a general chat window in a public place you deserve to be banned. I don't care what server you're on, that poo poo's not appropriate to be doing in emotes or /say or whatever in public places. If you tried to do some of the ERP I've unfortunately encountered in this or other MMOs in public places in real life, you'd get arrested. Just because it's an imaginary place made of ones and zeroes doesn't mean basic decency doesn't apply people. I don't want to read about your characters loving or whipping each other or pissing or whatever the hell your fetish is, keep it to private goddamn channels or your personal housing where people aren't forced to see it.

quote:

Those are 250 gear... that means this is post new melding interface, which explicitly shows that you don't have extra int capacity on that gear... how can anyone be that incredibly stupid.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So according to financial data SE released very recently, the next expansion for FFXIV has an estimated budget of 35 million. Which is kinda nuts, because Heavensward had a budget of 10 Million

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

They coulda just rereleased the broom, as that's all I want out of halloween.
I don't care about songs or house decorations though, as I don't have a house, so I guess I'll have to get my fix elsewhere :(

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
I hope they allocated 30 million of that to making their netcode better

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Chyea posted:

I hope they allocated 30 million of that to making their catgirl butts better

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Chyea posted:

I hope they allocated 30 million of that to funding anti-level3 domestic terrorism

In all seriousness that's a pretty drat good sign, on the surface? Maybe it means we'll get some more dev time/love on systems that didn't have as much previously.

Who am I kidding it'll probably all go into development/promoting the FEAST because ESPORTS :suicide:

2 SPOOKY fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 14, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I wonder what parts change color when you dye that cape shirt.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Chyea posted:

I hope they allocated 30 million of that to making their netcode better

Netcode is fine, get better internet.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Truga posted:

Please tell me this is also OF

Nope (the original thing I posted is from here though, sadly most people are making GBS threads on the OP instead of the hilarious echo chamber that is OF posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/57g23n/suspended_for_rping_in_the_city_wtf/ )

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I think the real gripe here isn't that SE owes us more. It's that they never delivered what was promised. The promises have been outlined in this thread. Various people have mentioned the general sentiment of the paying Legacy members of 1.0. We were led to believe that ARR would be the end result of the work done on 1.23B. Yes. We voted to scrap Tanaka's XIV and rebuild the game, but that's what we thought Yoshida was doing. We thought when the game came back online it would ... resemble the game he had been "rebuilding" that we were playing. News flash: It doesn't. I'm not weighing in on whether that was good or bad, but I will tell you it felt like he was practically begging us to hang in there and wait for what we were all waiting for - then surprised us with what ARR is today.

He pleaded with us to hang in there and to trust him for a better future. We liked the game and wanted it to succeed so we listened. He rewarded us with ... this.

Do I think I'm owed something beside a discount? No, not really. Do I feel like I was tricked? Yes, I certainly do.

To be quite honest with you, I don't even believe the results of the 1.0 polls. Maybe that's just the conspiracy theorist in me, but there's no accountability. We could have "voted" for whatever they say we voted for. I could ask you all to vote on whether ARR is a good game, you email me your votes, and come back without any evidence saying you hate ARR in a landslide! That's basically what they did with 1.0 polls. It was all hidden, but people still toss the polls around as if they were real community agendas.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Kelp Me! posted:

Nope (the original thing I posted is from here though, sadly most people are making GBS threads on the OP instead of the hilarious echo chamber that is OF posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/57g23n/suspended_for_rping_in_the_city_wtf/ )

OP (or a mod?) cleaned out all their posts :rip:

e: Lol, one of the bots did it. Amazing.

2 SPOOKY fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 14, 2016

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

GMG is currently doing 50% off both the base game and the expansion so anyone who doesn't yet own this fine game should get on that.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/publisher-sale/final-fantasy-xiv/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

World PVP.

Yeaaaaah.

I haven't played a good open world PVP game since Wushu and would love to see an MMO do it right.

A magic spell?

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 14, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Potato Jones posted:

That egg on the Halloween page is lookin' pretty Hee-Ho.
SMT/Persona crossover hinting?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Let's post our dumb idle speculation about what they will announce today.

Expansion to liberate Ala Mihgo
Red Mage and Samurai jobs
Viera race
PS3 limitations will remain
GW2 style wardrobe system
Class system probably remains intact
Can finally queue with your god drat bird out.
Flying will remain in the expansion
exactly one pointless ff11 throwback mechanic
streamlined leveling experience.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 14, 2016

• Locked thread