Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Clinton being at 53% in the hth in that Pew poll is *really* loving bad for Trump, too.

Anything showing her above 50 is. Because that means there's much less room for shifts or undecided to suddenly pile into the orange fascist or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Fun scientific fact for this morning: Waking up your wife or girlfriend with "How about a hug for The Bushy?!" will not get you laid.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i think everything they are doing right this moment is the exact opposite of what that autopsy recommended.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Half of the 40-something conservatives whining about rap being bad probably had a cassette tape of License to Ill.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Crow Jane posted:

He's destroying the GOP and making a complete laughing stock of himself that people (excepting his hardcore base) won't touch with a ten foot pole. I like to think that a hundred years from now, his name will be synonymous with abject failure but it'll be just another idiom that no one quite understands. Like, "wow, you really trumped that up" or "he got so drunk he made a total trump of himself at that party and now everyone hates him". Who he actually was will be forgotten except maybe as a cautionary tale.

In England, to trump means to fart.

No I'm not making that up and it's independent of DJT.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ein Sexmonster posted:

That's such a wide date range, and still up by 9 in the 2 way. Nice.

I think it's going to settle down around +7 multi-way, +9 2-way until the next debate.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

MrBuddyLee posted:

Fun scientific fact for this morning: Waking up your wife or girlfriend with "How about a hug for The Bushy?!" will not get you laid.

Sorry to hear that. :lol:

I could see the creepy outweighing the funny pretty easily, yeah...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

iospace posted:

I think it's going to settle down around +7 multi-way, +9 2-way until the next debate.
With early voting that means the election is basically over (not that it wasn't already)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Who cares about Indiana at this point? It's a state which elected Mike Pence. And even though everyone from that state hated him and his policies he seems to get a veep boost there. It's the worst great lake area state.
My guess is that Trump is leading by about 5%.

Indiana's Senate seat has a good chance of going D, since the guy running as a D is a former governor and long time former senator who is well liked but took a break in the private sector, coming back to run against a tea party clown

I mean he's a blue dog but he's far preferable to Todd young

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

For reference, the last Pew poll I could find was in mid-late June and also had Hillary up 9 in the 2-way.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I like Trump's whole, 'I have evidence the accusations are false.' thing.

I hope it's a photograph of what the women were wearing on the respective days and Trump being like, "See what she was wearing, she wanted it."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

straight up brolic posted:

With early voting that means the election is basically over (not that it wasn't already)

I recall seeing an article saying this election could potentially be callable by Halloween. I'd like that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Paul Ryan in full on "Blank Check" mode.
https://twitter.com/amyewalter/status/786978062470701056

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

http://www.traitorstotrump.com/traitors

hahahahahah they're INSANE

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Is this the same sign that was left on some reporter's table, or is the Z-swastika a thing now?

Yup. Same sign.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I will say this for Ryan: He's at least smart enough to realize when he's beaten. He's not 100% sure what to DO about it, but he knows he's lost.

Of course, part of the problem is polling has shown downticket GOP doesn't actually get a boost for disavowing Trump now. The voters don't give them any credit for waiting this long to fire him off the bus, or at least not enough to make up for his crazies. They're in a situation with no winning moves because they waited much, much too long.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

http://www.270towin.com/maps/0wmm9
I WANT TO BELIEVE

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Crabtree posted:

He deserves to have everything taken from him, for his empire to fall and for his tower to be demolished.

Demolition is hardly the worst thing that could happen.

Let it stand, but rename it. Mark Cuban is a good choice, as I think someone else mentioned. But I'm sure there's some other name that would piss him off even more to have to look at.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
These stories of Trump saying/doing horrible poo poo to women are becoming dog bites man stories and I feel like voters are going to start tuning them out. I follow politics and the news closely and I can't even keep track of them...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Night10194 posted:

I will say this for Ryan: He's at least smart enough to realize when he's beaten. He's not 100% sure what to DO about it, but he knows he's lost.

Of course, part of the problem is polling has shown downticket GOP doesn't actually get a boost for disavowing Trump now. The voters don't give them any credit for waiting this long to fire him off the bus, or at least not enough to make up for his crazies. They're in a situation with no winning moves because they waited much, much too long.

Yup, and now the Clinton camp is going after the downballot races. They gave them the chance to leave post DNC, but the offer has expired.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

These stories of Trump saying/doing horrible poo poo to women are becoming dog bites man stories and I feel like voters are going to start tuning them out.

How do you feel about jokes about car bombs?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

can someone explain what this means and have a clip of paul ryan's speech?

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Jesus, that's the GOP's End of Days in picture form.

zxqv8 posted:

Demolition is hardly the worst thing that could happen.

Let it stand, but rename it. Mark Cuban is a good choice, as I think someone else mentioned. But I'm sure there's some other name that would piss him off even more to have to look at.

The "Carlos Slim Tower."

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Night10194 posted:

They're in a situation with no winning moves because they waited much, much too long.

The deer in the headlights effect. Humans certainly get that way too.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

These stories of Trump saying/doing horrible poo poo to women are becoming dog bites man stories and I feel like voters are going to start tuning them out.
Wrong.
At this point I don't think any more explanation is needed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mcmagic posted:

Sort of? It does provoke Donald into going way off message and lashing out in terrible ways though.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

MS and AK are likely to fall before TX, imo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Crow Jane posted:

He's destroying the GOP and making a complete laughing stock of himself that people (excepting his hardcore base) won't touch with a ten foot pole. I like to think that a hundred years from now, his name will be synonymous with abject failure but it'll be just another idiom that no one quite understands. Like, "wow, you really trumped that up" or "he got so drunk he made a total trump of himself at that party and now everyone hates him". Who he actually was will be forgotten except maybe as a cautionary tale.

it'll be textbook for sure. This is certainly not the first election to be televised, we have JFK for that. But he'll always be remembered for his assassination even if he wasnt the first president to get assassinated. I don't know what first to apply to this election but it'll probably be pinpointed as the beginning of the digital microscope (even if that began a long time ago). I mean this isn't exactly Calvin Coolidge saying "k'" into a gramamaphone, candidates in the future will have to answer for the holographchats they made of them lighting their poops on fire. And every student will be beaming mini presidents lighting poop on fire on their desks

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 14, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CascadeBeta posted:

How do you feel about jokes about car bombs?

Probably the same way everyone else in this thread feels about this poo poo post.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

At the point where Indiana and Texas are blue, then Missouri will be as well. Possibly Alaska too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

iospace posted:

Yup, and now the Clinton camp is going after the downballot races. They gave them the chance to leave post DNC, but the offer has expired.

She gave them a chance. I believe that chance was also calculated on the strategy that the Deplorables would go nuts if they took it and was probably a trap anyway, but she did give them a chance.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I am sick I feel like poo poo it is 1:20 est I just woke up. How much crazy poo poo have I missed already.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

trash person posted:

I like Trump's whole, 'I have evidence the accusations are false.' thing.

I hope it's a photograph of what the women were wearing on the respective days and Trump being like, "See what she was wearing, she wanted it."

'I have evidence the accusations are false.' = 'I have some weak excuses that will mollify my supporters and no one else'

also it goes without saying, but more accusers are coming out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...9fae_story.html

Periodiko fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 14, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Struggling to keep up with all this poo poo. Haven't touched any of the other threads I usually follow, just not enough time in the day.

Had to share this sweet new custom title though. Thanks Trump.

I am not worthy to even gaze upon its magnificence. Well done.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

mcmagic posted:

These stories of Trump saying/doing horrible poo poo to women are becoming dog bites man stories and I feel like voters are going to start tuning them out. I follow politics and the news closely and I can't even keep track of them...

A candidate for whom accusations of rape have become 'dog bites man stories' is a candidate who is going to catstrophically lose women's votes and a candidate for whom the election is simply over.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Winkie01 posted:

I am sick I feel like poo poo it is 1:20 est I just woke up. How much crazy poo poo have I missed already.

If you care, read the thread, if you don't care, don't ask us to read it for you.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

This is from awhile back but the last part of the lyric is "now he callin me NyQuil" so those lyrics really should sum up everything right wing voters love - a playful second amendment reference, a woman being giving and submissive to a man, and recreational use of cold medicine.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

mcmagic posted:

They tune out the individual stories, certainly. But the reason that dog bites man stories are inconsequential is because there was already a widespread understanding that dogs bite men. If voters start tuning out stories about sexual assault, it will be because there is now a widespread understanding that Donald Trump is a sexual abuser. I find it hard to believe that this would be good for Donald Trump.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I actually just had a conversation with one of the office conservatives on this, and it's amazing how so many of them don't get that the problem isn't "Trump said a bad word" rather than "Trump admitted to sexual assault".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

A candidate for whom accusations of rape have become 'dog bites man stories' is a candidate who is going to catstrophically lose women's votes and a candidate for whom the election is simply over.

Quorum posted:

They tune out the individual stories, certainly. But the reason that dog bites man stories are inconsequential is because there was already a widespread understanding that dogs bite men. If voters start tuning out stories about sexual assault, it will be because there is now a widespread understanding that Donald Trump is a sexual abuser. I find it hard to believe that this would be good for Donald Trump.

It's definitely not good for him. I'm just talking from the prospective of how big his loss is going to be and how many GOPers he takes with him.

• Locked thread