Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

flosofl posted:

No. The bride to be was someone else. If we do see her again, it will be for Yo Yo to rescue, and she can tearfully see the error of her ways asking Yo-Yo for forgiveness.

That's the first time that chrysalis was seen. I believe she mentioned she was at her brother's place, so I'm assuming that's him.

Oh wow, I totally missed a lot of the finer details then. I thought that was just a party. I didn't even catch the part about someone getting married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh wow, I totally missed a lot of the finer details then. I thought that was just a party. I didn't even catch the part about someone getting married.

To be honest, I think it was "just a party". But they talked about how Yo-Yo needed to get the dress for the wedding and other wedding things before the lights went out.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

And you know the bride wearing a giant sash that said BRIDE throughout the episode.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

No. The bride to be was someone else. If we do see her again, it will be for Yo Yo to rescue, and she can tearfully see the error of her ways asking Yo-Yo for forgiveness.

No, it will be for Yo-Żo to rescue, and she can disdainfully tell her to go away.
Because that's literally what already happened in the last episode.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just realised the entire watchdog plan would have fallen on its face if YoYo had just stayed upstairs. Or gone for a walk.

I think the voice on the phone with senator Nadeer at the end said they killed 17 inhumans. They black out a bunch of cities, probably killed thousands and injured tens of thousands and killed barely a handful of inhumans.

The plan certainly worked as the largest act of terror in human history, but was utterly pathetic in its primary goal. Talk about bass ackwards.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
All those normal dead humans were race traitors for not having joined the uprising against the foreign threat already. Extremism in action.

Besides, they were trying to pin the whole thing on inhumans, so it'd be kinda suspect if they went out of their way to avoid anyone but inhumans dying.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah, that plan is actually horrific if you give it any thought at all. Just think about all the people in hospitals it would've killed. A power outage would've been one thing, because most hospitals have backup generators, but with the EMP Techno-Magic Power Drain Device, not even that would've been able to save them. :(

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Slashrat posted:

Besides, they were trying to pin the whole thing on inhumans, so it'd be kinda suspect if they went out of their way to avoid anyone but inhumans dying.

Also, the more non-inhumans killed, the more deaths are blamed on inhumans.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I think at this point it can be assumed the Watch Dogs have morphed into something a lot more insidious than "we hate and want to kill powered people." Daisy pointed out in an earlier episode that their methodology was changing in strange ways.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VodeAndreas posted:

And you know the bride wearing a giant sash that said BRIDE throughout the episode.

Tbf, I was also cleaning the kitchen while I watched the episode so that's why I missed a lot of the obvious stuff.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

RareAcumen posted:

Tbf, I was also cleaning the kitchen while I watched the episode so that's why I missed a lot of the obvious stuff.

Moral of the story watch TV first do chores later.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Slashrat posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this was actually the main objective.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

flosofl posted:

To be honest, I think it was "just a party". But they talked about how Yo-Yo needed to get the dress for the wedding and other wedding things before the lights went out.

Yo=yo went across the country to attend, it was a bachelorette party.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

In regards to the repeated mentioning of "The Incident" in the Netflix shows as opposed to all of the other disasters, all of the Netflix shows take place in small parts of New York, where "The Incident" took place. It kind of makes sense that that would be more immediate for New Yorkers than Sokovia or whatever.

I really wish they'd actually use the characters' names instead of the stupid "green guy" stuff though.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I think at this point it can be assumed the Watch Dogs have morphed into something a lot more insidious than "we hate and want to kill powered people." Daisy pointed out in an earlier episode that their methodology was changing in strange ways.

It's Hydra. :ssh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

flosofl posted:

At which point I hope Yo-Yo tells her to get hosed and leave, because nothing excuses putting someone's life in danger.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Spergatory posted:

It's just a group of people with a weird fetish

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

At which point I hope Yo-Yo tells her to get hosed and leave, because nothing excuses putting someone's life in danger.

And the show is pretty good with avoiding these kinds of cliches.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

In regards to the repeated mentioning of "The Incident" in the Netflix shows as opposed to all of the other disasters, all of the Netflix shows take place in small parts of New York, where "The Incident" took place. It kind of makes sense that that would be more immediate for New Yorkers than Sokovia or whatever.

I really wish they'd actually use the characters' names instead of the stupid "green guy" stuff though.

They got better about this Luke Cage at least where they explicitly say "Captain America" and "Tony Stark." I think part of it is they want the show to stand on its own to an extent so they don't want to talk too much about other super heroes. They even refer to JJ as Luke's "rebound" for a while until late into the season when the night nurse says her name.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's probably stupid, but the biggest pet peeve I have about the Netflix shows not acknowledging the movies are the fact that they keep showing the New York skyline without the Stark Industries/Avenger building.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Someone I was talking to pointed out that while we, and the characters we tend to follow, know the codenames for the main superheroes, the average guy on the streets doesn't, besides people like Tony Stark and Captain America.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Maybe nobody held a press conference and revealed the preferred codenames of those guys.

Senerio posted:

Someone I was talking to pointed out that while we, and the characters we tend to follow, know the codenames for the main superheroes, the average guy on the streets doesn't, besides people like Tony Stark and Captain America.

drat you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Maybe nobody held a press conference and revealed the preferred codenames of those guys.

drat you.

Right, there's probably people in MCU new york who listened to method man on the radio and think Luke Cage is called Bulletproof Love.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Right, there's probably people in MCU new york who listened to method man on the radio and think Luke Cage is called Bulletproof Love.

It is about as good a comic hero name as Luke Cage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Senerio posted:

There's also the fact that even in the movies, they've almost never uttered any codenames. We've never heard them say Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Black Panther. War Machine was practically a throw-away line in Iron Man 2, Winter Soldier was apparently the name of the program the Russains used to make people like Bucky, and I don't recall them saying Ant-Man in his movie, though it might have been a throw-away line as well.

They all just call each other by their regular names, except Steve, whom they alternate between calling Cap and Steve.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kheldarn posted:

I don't recall them saying Ant-Man in his movie, though it might have been a throw-away line as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIrsOg9Wqp8

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, and Rhodey's password was WARMACH1NER0X, wasn't it?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Excuse me, I think you're referring to the rebranded Iron Patriot :fsmug:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's probably stupid, but the biggest pet peeve I have about the Netflix shows not acknowledging the movies are the fact that they keep showing the New York skyline without the Stark Industries/Avenger building.

Which is weird because I swear they showed off Avengers Tower in some promotional stuff for Daredevil season 1.

But seriously, the reason no contemporary movie is referenced is probably because they haven't happened yet. Not anything dumb like "lol New Yorkahs only talkin about New Yoak"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I don't know, would regular people be talking about the Smurfovia accords all the time?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Like, the only reason I could see the accords referenced is when (Late Luke Cage S1 spoiler) Black Mariah is riling up the town against Luke Cage/Capes in general.

SHIELD has more of a reason to reference it, being directly affected by it, but the Netflix shows are much more street level, and I don't think what the guys up top do matter all that much to them.

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.

Spergatory posted:

Not again, I don't think. It's not their M.O., they are a terrorist organisation who imposter legitimate organisations. If only there was a legitimate organisation that imposters terrorist organisations in the MCU...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So Jed Whedon had this to say about how May will deal with her "death":

quote:

Well, she's May, so she's kind of like, 'Oh, that happened.' But she now has common ground with Coulson...

And Maurissa Tancharoen added:

quote:

[Dying] will impact her life in ways that you may not expect at this point in time.

So what's the over/under on May and Coulson talking then shooting Ward's dog?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Weren't the 10 rings the guys from the first Iron Man but also somehow connected to the third Iron Man? I didn't really get it.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Weren't the 10 rings the guys from the first Iron Man but also somehow connected to the third Iron Man? I didn't really get it.

A.I.M. made a fake Mandarin that pretended to be a part of the Ten Rings. The Ten Rings are a real organization in the MCU though and apparently because of a Marvel short there is a real Mandarin as well.

So, I don't know, maybe we'll get the Mandarin in Agents of SHIELD because they aren't going to be making more Iron Man movies and they're introducing magic?

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

So this shot: A Hispanic woman gleefully using her powers to take guns from a group of white male patriots who are fighting to protect their country from an outside threat.

I wonder if this was intentional or really, really, intentional.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If the lady at the end is Senator Nadir, then her brother in the cocoon could be ex-SHIELD/HYDRA agent Abed Nadir, from Winter Soldier.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

pee out my butt posted:

If the lady at the end is Senator Nadir, then her brother in the cocoon could be ex-SHIELD/HYDRA agent Abed Nadir, from Winter Soldier.

... I'll allow it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so I apparently missed some stuff.

Who was that lady at the end of the episode? Was that just the senator that had on screen within the show 18 seconds earlier?

She was also on TV being interviewed at least one other time during the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

So this shot: A Hispanic woman gleefully using her powers to take guns from a group of white male patriots who are fighting to protect their country from an outside threat.

I wonder if this was intentional or really, really, intentional.

Is "patriots" really the right word for dudes who killed thousands of innocent bystanders in hospitals and is "outside threat" really the right term for American citizens? Hm.

• Locked thread