Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

When did Druid become an integral part of the open world meta?

Sorry guys, world boss train is dead. With the healing nerfs there's simply no way to sustain through the Fire Elemental's attacks and beat the enrage timer.

WvW and boss trains are serious endeavors with a real risk of failure, I'll have you know.

*goes afk, gets full credit*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Who said anything about the meta? It's about having fun and the character I have fun with is getting nerfed because some other game mode, which sucks. They should have split stats years ago.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
zerk gear, 15k AP or kick

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

I think it should be pretty uncontroversial to say that the amount of healing druids can do without any healing power, enabling them to function as raid healers in full viper/berserker gear is kind of ridiculous. I also think it's a good thing that they're trying to make healing power a less lovely stat. Then again, I already had a full ascended magi set on my druid so it doesn't really affect me much.

Engineer also doesn't, although it's admittedly not very popular for raids atm. Also there's a slighly suboptimal necro build that swaps reaper for blood magic for the transfusion, which can be pretty nice in bad groups for Slothasor and Matthias.

Oh yeah I always forget about Engineer :haw:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

where the red fern gropes posted:

gonna throw john lightning under the bus for these offensive and inappropriate guild team names

I always knew the downfall of SFD would involve esports. What was the ticket for? Our missing lose crew boxes?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Eltoasto posted:

Who said anything about the meta? It's about having fun and the character I have fun with is getting nerfed because some other game mode, which sucks. They should have split stats years ago.

Given the open world PvE meta is so face-rollingly easy, I can't see how this nerf will in any way affect any druid's ability to get full participation credit.

Basically, unless you're raiding, who even gives an actual gently caress.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

engies are better condi dps than reapers, but reapers are much easier to pull off that condi than engies.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Gonk carries Nomad's, Berserker's and Wanderer's.

unrelated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIRfCkt-cfk

Lonk fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 14, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

Gonk carries Nomad's, Berserker's and Wanderer's.

please don't troll the thread, Lonk

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Lonk has so many legendaries.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Schpyder posted:

Given the open world PvE meta is so face-rollingly easy, I can't see how this nerf will in any way affect any druid's ability to get full participation credit.

Basically, unless you're raiding, who even gives an actual gently caress.

It's an MMO, someone, or probably several someones, give actual fucks like it's a full-time job.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
This is a week old, but I don't believe I've seen it posted here yet. Sorry if it was!

"John Smith posted:

Hello everyone, I’m John Smith, the Studio Economist for ArenaNet. We’ve kept pretty silent about the economy recently, but today I’m here to talk about our current strategy.

Guild Wars 2 has an amazing economy, one of the largest and most active in-game economies ever created. ArenaNet takes pride in offering players an ever-changing world that lives and grows with them. As the game develops, the economy must develop as well, and that’s one of the many reasons we’ve made hundreds of changes to economy balance throughout the lifetime of the game.

For the most part the continuous monitoring and balancing has led to an incredibly stable economy with sustainable growth and reasonable inflation levels. However, we’ve noticed a disturbing side-effect of that continuous balancing: For many markets we’ve accidently set the idea of a price, rather than the market setting the idea of a price. Flax is a great example of a market where the prices weren’t really reflective of input or demand, but rather the idea of a value. Eventually players recognized that there was an abundance of flax and the price began to trend in a positive direction. We’ve noticed that a large number of markets are exhibiting this behavior in both directions—resulting in their being underpriced or overpriced—and their prices no longer reflect the average wealth or income of players.

To address this, we’re taking a step back from the standard amount of economy balancing we’re doing; in fact, we’ve actually already started doing that. We hope to see many markets adjust their prices to match the current state of the economy. We do recognize that there are some markets moving to a place where we aren’t looking for them to be; once we see the economy moving we can reassess the markets and make improvements, as we have in the past.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

check out my Youtube posted:

This is a week old, but I don't believe I've seen it posted here yet. Sorry if it was!

Super glad I cashed out then.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I always knew the downfall of SFD would involve esports. What was the ticket for? Our missing lose crew boxes?

yeah i put the names in the ticket so you're all getting banned with me

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
The true antagonist: The Free Market.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

yeah i put the names in the ticket so you're all getting banned with me

Excellent. I was wondering why I only received box of rewards instead of the normal 10. I hope the reason is literally because of our team names.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Finally finished my JP. Christ, never again. That poo poo becomes draining very fast when you're trying to design something for too long.

If Dreggon doesn't get me banned, I'll probably do it myself.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Oct 16, 2016

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Lonk posted:

Finally finished my JP. Christ, never again. That poo poo becomes draining very fast when you're trying to design something for too long.

I really don't understand character names like this. Can you please explain the joke? It's hard to express emotion in text, but I'm not angry. It's more like I saw that name and was overcome with a wave of exhaustion.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Priapus Unbound posted:

I really don't understand character names like this. Can you please explain the joke? It's hard to express emotion in text, but I'm not angry. It's more like I saw that name and was overcome with a wave of exhaustion.

It's like Black Lives Matter, but it's Bark Lives Matter. Because he's a tree.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Generic Octopus posted:

It's like Black Lives Matter, but it's Bark Lives Matter. Because he's a tree.

Yeah, but what's the joke?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Priapus Unbound posted:

Quick, force a laugh so you don't get piled on for not being in with the ironic edgy humor.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Priapus Unbound posted:

Well it's not a joke, it's a play-on-words.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Priapus Unbound posted:

The joke is "Black Lives Matter". Ha ha!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

That character isn't a dog?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Link will need to remake when they add dog people as a playable race.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
The joke is we just had an expansion about Sylvari racism. Yes it is a play on words. No, it isn't actually racist any more than saying "Black Lives Matter" which if you think that statement is racist, you're proooobably filled with a few controversial opinions yourself.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 16, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lonk posted:

Yea you def gonna trigger some people with that, I find it hilarious personally and hope you screencap the meltdown someone inevitably has.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

abort thread abort

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I'm not particularly bothered by it (disclaimer: I'm white) but it makes light of something that people try and dismiss, like, a lot. And I have seen enough people hijack that phrasing for serious attempts to draw inappropriate and gross parallels. So I think suggesting that people who are bothered by it are the real racists is kind of lovely.

It's not the end of the world but I don't think it's unreasonable to be bent out of shape about it. It is using a real struggle for recognition of basic humanity as a platform for a tree racism joke, and, like, yeah, it's not being oversensitive to not be okay with it.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

neongrey posted:

I'm not particularly bothered by it (disclaimer: I'm white) but it makes light of something that people try and dismiss, like, a lot. And I have seen enough people hijack that phrasing for serious attempts to draw inappropriate and gross parallels. So I think suggesting that people who are bothered by it are the real racists is kind of lovely.

It's not the end of the world but I don't think it's unreasonable to be bent out of shape about it. It is using a real struggle for recognition of basic humanity as a platform for a tree racism joke, and, like, yeah, it's not being oversensitive to not be okay with it.

True enough. I'm sorry if any goons honestly feel that way about it or question me now for it. I considered a name change already but gently caress if I'm spending another 800 gems for a contract when I'll probably get a free one soon enough from being reported. I would remake but I want to get my free black lion keys from the story first. I do not wish to derail the thread with this so I will keep any further stuff private or to myself but I assure you it was simply a play on words for a laugh and I personally found it to be rather tame, though I acknowledge not everyone is going to have the same sense of humor or the same opinions. I am no stranger to racism IRL nor do I actually find it funny when something or someone is very clearly racist and I sincerely hope this has not caused anyone to view me as such. Anyone who knows me knows I'm just looking to have a good time with my dudes and laugh about various "dank" memes on the internet.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
theres only one thing that can save the thread

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

pull up pull up

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ItBurns posted:

theres only one thing that can save the thread

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That must be one of those algorithmically designed parachutes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lonk posted:

True enough. I'm sorry if any goons honestly feel that way about it or question me now for it. I considered a name change already but gently caress if I'm spending another 800 gems for a contract when I'll probably get a free one soon enough from being reported. I would remake but I want to get my free black lion keys from the story first. I do not wish to derail the thread with this so I will keep any further stuff private or to myself but I assure you it was simply a play on words for a laugh and I personally found it to be rather tame, though I acknowledge not everyone is going to have the same sense of humor or the same opinions. I am no stranger to racism IRL nor do I actually find it funny when something or someone is very clearly racist and I sincerely hope this has not caused anyone to view me as such. Anyone who knows me knows I'm just looking to have a good time with my dudes and laugh about various "dank" memes on the internet.

Its sad that you simply made an obvious joke and need to apologize like you went on massive racist tirade.

Hell I had some ideas after seeing that, make a TriggeredTyrian character with pet pigs called white male and problematic, the other is far to racist to post and would get me banned so I'll keep that one to myself(Disclaimer: I'm puertorican.)

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Has political correctness at last gone too far?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Something being a joke doesn't automatically make it okay, making a debatably tasteless joke doesn't mean a person's literally hitler, and someone deciding to apologize for a joke doesn't mean they're being made to do so. You're being way oversensitive here. It sounds like everything's settled peaceably, everyone's cool, and there's no need to be intentionally offensive on behalf of a gag character name.

In conclusion,

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Alteisen posted:

Its sad that you simply made an obvious joke and need to apologize like you went on massive racist tirade.

Hell I had some ideas after seeing that, make a TriggeredTyrian character with pet pigs called white male and problematic, the other is far to racist to post and would get me banned so I'll keep that one to myself(Disclaimer: I'm puertorican.)

It sucks that some people found it too offensive but I can't tell others how to feel about this or that really. Oh well, someone was kind enough to gift me a name change contract (Thank you whomever it was!) and I now have the gooniest name

Anywho the matter is resolved I suppose and hopefully goons will accept I'm actually just really bad at naming things/puns and am in no way racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I hope it's all elixirs all the time with that now.

• Locked thread