Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Freaking redditors want enemy medics to drop FAKs when they die. I bet reddit is behind the taser reversion.

edit: looking around- yep, that's exactly what happened. A bunch of them staged an organized tantrum protest.

I think the best part is that even reddit has a lot of people responding to those cheering for the reversion with "actually it was pretty fine you babies".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UnknownMercenary posted:

They should protest Jules using Overkill plus Berserker as a balancing baseline.

I don't know what he is thinking other than gently caress you all.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Man, I just can't seem to survive on One Down difficulty. I switched over to the Dodge Deck, and put points into Ironman so I can wear the best armor, but I still go down after a few hits. I bought the grenade launcher and crossbow pistol to see if that would help take enemies down faster. I haven't really had a chance to test them out, but it seems like enemies can still withstand multiple hits from eitherl. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or I should have equipped?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
wait are you trying to dodge in a fat suit?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Fat man in a little coat.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Man, I just can't seem to survive on One Down difficulty. I switched over to the Dodge Deck, and put points into Ironman so I can wear the best armor, but I still go down after a few hits. I bought the grenade launcher and crossbow pistol to see if that would help take enemies down faster. I haven't really had a chance to test them out, but it seems like enemies can still withstand multiple hits from eitherl. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or I should have equipped?

Dodge and ICTV do not go together.

Dodge build (maybe good for 1D?):
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/egHiLr:tMNoR:ggJKLnOPr:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pE8:::

ICTV Build (anarchist is a better choice, I think):
http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/eGHiLMNoR:tMNoR:gjlr:fLMOPr:ibcdea:pA8e8:::

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Afraid of Audio posted:

wait are you trying to dodge in a fat suit?

:doh: Oh yeah, I guess that was dumb of me. I've actually been using Armorer up until this point, but I didn't know how much good it was doing.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
So I'm running a suit dodge build for the first time ever and I can't decide on a perk deck. I'm used to running Ex-president for all my builds, and I'm addicted to health regen so I'm jumping between Gambler and Grinder. Is there one that's significantly better than the other?

This is mostly for OVK with :pubstove: or DW with Discord goons.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Ex-prez was the best suit-deck by far for a while. I haven't tried it on the newest patch though.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You still want to go down the tree for the same reasons, just don't take the ICTV. That plus the dodge tree plus anarchist means you'll be dodging plus have a high safety net of armor which keeps you fairly safe from snipers, too.

Downside is you probably aren't gonna squeeze in inspire.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Change that increases enemy health: "this is so bad, it's forcing players into a strict build and weapon group"
Change to tasers that heavily punishes automatic weapons compared to stronger single fire guns: "it's about time! Good change overkill!"

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
ex pres, grinder or anarchist

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tamayachi posted:

So I'm running a suit dodge build for the first time ever and I can't decide on a perk deck. I'm used to running Ex-president for all my builds, and I'm addicted to health regen so I'm jumping between Gambler and Grinder. Is there one that's significantly better than the other?

This is mostly for OVK with :pubstove: or DW with Discord goons.

Ex-President is still the best suit dodge deck.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

no the taser change was good

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Gamerofthegame posted:

You still want to go down the tree for the same reasons, just don't take the ICTV. That plus the dodge tree plus anarchist means you'll be dodging plus have a high safety net of armor which keeps you fairly safe from snipers, too.

Downside is you probably aren't gonna squeeze in inspire.

I don't see the downside to a build 100% dedicated to murdering the copocalyse and nothing else.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Awesome, I'll putz around with Ex-pres and see how it feels.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

How did that change punish automatic weapons more than single shot? If your gun was empty when you got tazed and you didn't get a free reload what difference would it make?

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
So the gold pen trophy is a medic syringe and you get it by killing 100 medics. Apologies if this has been posted already.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Geight posted:

How did that change punish automatic weapons more than single shot? If your gun was empty when you got tazed and you didn't get a free reload what difference would it make?

Automatic weapons shoot a lot more when you get tased so an automatic weapon with 15 rounds left will suffer a lot more than one that isn't automatic. Single shot weapons were the ones that got hit the hardest but automatics were also hit hard.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'd be fine with the tazer change if tazers weren't buggy as poo poo, popping off through solid objects, walls, windows, etc. Shorten their range and fix the fact that they can blow you away from even a single pixel of clear sight and yeah no reloads is fine.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm sure most people have messed around with the safehouse already, but here's a quick list of interactive elements you can unlock if you're looking for the "important" upgrades:

Wick Tier 1 - Firing Range
Wick Tier 2 - Killhouse Obstacle Course
Dragan Tier 1 - Punching Bag (Tracks melee damage, but seems to ignore all modifiers, so not actually all that useful.)
Dallas Tier 2 - Big Screen (Lets you check the trophy/side jobs list from inside the safehouse.)
Chains Tiers 1&2 - Adds gun displays like in the old safehouse.
Sydney Tiers 1&2 - Shows off more masks, again like the old safehouse.
Bonnie Tiers 1&2 - A slot machine and roulette table, respectively.
Clover Tiers 1&2 - Camera Coverage (Not sure if it's even available during a raid, but pretty much useless regardless.)

I think that's everything? With the exception that I'm not sure what's going on with Houston. At the base tier I could pick from all of the van paint jobs, but now that I've upgraded him to tier 1 I'm back to just original and Overkill styles. Unless a patch mucked with the option again and you need to fully upgrade to get the new paint jobs?

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 14, 2016

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Sokol Tier 2 lets you play a hockey minigame. My best score is 18, though I only tried once. A dozer and some cloakers are the goalkeepers.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh, cool, I was wondering about that.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

John Murdoch posted:

[snip]
With the exception that I'm not sure what's going on with Houston. At the base tier I could pick from all of the van paint jobs, but now that I've upgraded him to tier 1 I'm back to just original and Overkill styles. Unless a patch mucked with the option again and you need to fully upgrade to get the new paint jobs?

Houston Tier 2 gives you the plain white van skin, and the yellow van with a black stripe running along the side. Tier 3 gives you the ice cream van skin.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Shadowbag posted:

Houston Tier 2 gives you the plain white van skin, and the yellow van with a black stripe running along the side. Tier 3 gives you the ice cream van skin.

I put on the ice cream skin without upgrading Houston.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Wait ice cream van? That's new, gotta see that later

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you upgrade everyone to max, you unlock the axegun.

it's pretty sweet, imo

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

it's pretty sweet, imo

Please don't mislead people, you also have to burn at least $10 billion offshore cash

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
How long until we get some tasteful loving horrible meme texture mods for the van? I tried to search lastbullet but found nothing yet.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ClonedPickle posted:

Please don't mislead people, you also have to burn at least $10 billion offshore cash

right, sorry, I burned my $13 billion the other day and forgot that was an essential pre-req

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Psion posted:

it's pretty sweet, imo

I went with the swordgun instead.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Laputanmachine posted:

How long until we get some tasteful loving horrible meme texture mods for the van? I tried to search lastbullet but found nothing yet.

I need an airbrushed wizard, goddamit

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Get in the Meme Machine

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Wintermutant posted:

I need an airbrushed wizard, goddamit

I'm hoping for an Archer crossover later and one of Krieger's van paint jobs as an option, myself.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Bohdi's Pool Repair, goddamnit

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Got $2,50 in Steam wallet money and I'm looking at what DLC to buy. I haven't got the Point Break/Golden Grin/Alesso/Biker heist dlc, neither do I have the Western & Ninja weapon packs nor the Biker and Sidney character packs. What should I get?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I'd say Sydney because of Anarchist. The Bootleg is also nice if not-an-LMG-honest is your kind of thing.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Tempest_56 posted:

I'm hoping for an Archer crossover later and one of Krieger's van paint jobs as an option, myself.

Make it happen, Overkill

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Azran posted:

Got $2,50 in Steam wallet money and I'm looking at what DLC to buy. I haven't got the Point Break/Golden Grin/Alesso/Biker heist dlc, neither do I have the Western & Ninja weapon packs nor the Biker and Sidney character packs. What should I get?

The four heists aren't really needed unless you host - Point Break gives you the Baby Deagle (mostly redundant with the White Streak/Deagle), Grin gives you the Buzzer (redundant with the taser knuckles), Biker gives you the CR850 (mostly redundant with the Krinkov), Alesso gives you... I don't even remember.

Western pack isn't great these days - it's okay but not awesome. Ninja is fairly nice because the poison kunai melee weapon is useful and the Micro Uzi is one of the best SMGs in the game.

Biker character pack is so-so (the Biker deck is bad, but Rust is fun and the Breaker is great), and Sydney is great (Sydney herself is a bit grating for some folks and the Bootleg is decent/fun but the Anarchist deck is amazing).

If I had to pick two, Sydney and Ninja would be the ones that currently give you the most mileage in terms of gameplay.

(Also refer to Vox's linked DLC effortpost in the OP.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

Alesso gives you... I don't even remember.
The Matever, which is a Bronco with gadgets.