Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you want to live on the edge, go for it. Remember though, YOU CANNOT ROLL YOUR WATCH BACK TO A STABLE RELEASE. Once you put a beta on it, you can only move forward. Don't be surprised at weird poo poo happening or apps not working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
And please, please do not complain in the thread about it. Know what you're getting into and suffer your impatience.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's actually super easy, and while shady, it's verified.

Just search watch os 3.1 beta 2 profile

Edit: beta 3 just dropped, drat these new watch faces are sick

What faces, bruh? Tell us?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

What faces, bruh? Tell us?

He can't, what cause of the NDA he would have signed if he were a developer.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

:coolfish:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Oh I thought he was one of them Living on the Edge downloader types.

Ok fair point then. :)

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Feenix posted:

Oh I thought he was one of them Living on the Edge downloader types.

I am one of those types, installing right now, I'll post up the new faces if you want.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Seems like most of my 3rd party apps are no longer working on my new S1. I just get the app icon loading thing which eventually crashes out. Not sure what to do, as this is my first Apple watch. Dark Sky and MyFitnessPal both don't seem to work anymore. I've tried force-quitting and reinstalling both to no avail.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Have you tried rebooting? You should try rebooting.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

housefly posted:

Have you tried rebooting? You should try rebooting.

Yeah, that seems to have fixed it. Is this a common apple watch issue?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Gunder posted:

Yeah, that seems to have fixed it. Is this a common apple watch issue?

I've encountered it exactly once and it was about a week and a half ago. Haven't had the problem since. Who knows.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How to set up my iMac to accept Apple Pay via my watch? I tried ordering something and Apple Pay came up as an option and I clicked it and a little popup came up but went away pretty fast.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is it not possible to detach the watch's pedometer from Health.app? My workouts are stationary, but do involve arm movement, which is translating into thousands of steps/distance that I am not making. All it seems I can do is re-arrange device priority, but even setting the iPhone at the top results in the same thing.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I think that's a big reason why steps aren't one of the activity ring goals and why Apple has ignored the "omg 10,000 steps" thing every fitness band is geared to.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
2.5k calories a day or bust.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Anyone had their Watch lock while on the wrist? It's only happened to me once, so maybe I just hosed up my passcode and didn't notice, but I do wear it a bit loose.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

Anyone had their Watch lock while on the wrist? It's only happened to me once, so maybe I just hosed up my passcode and didn't notice, but I do wear it a bit loose.
You can also lock it from control center now so uh, that'd still require some lucky sequence of touch events but poo poo happens I guess.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

japtor posted:

You can also lock it from control center now so uh, that'd still require some lucky sequence of touch events but poo poo happens I guess.
I have somehow set off the stopwatch on the Chronograph so anything is possible.

One thing that does bug me about the watch is that how we're notified is on the side of the app's developer. Right now I just put on the strong haptic because it only goes off on more important stuff like texts and emails, so I know if I get a standard tap it's just a stand reminder or something less pressing. In the next OS updates, I'd like to see individual control over what gives haptic feedback, being able to customize feedback, and so forth.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

I have somehow set off the stopwatch on the Chronograph so anything is possible.

Oh so many times. Pisses me off.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

One thing that does bug me about the watch is that how we're notified is on the side of the app's developer. Right now I just put on the strong haptic because it only goes off on more important stuff like texts and emails, so I know if I get a standard tap it's just a stand reminder or something less pressing. In the next OS updates, I'd like to see individual control over what gives haptic feedback, being able to customize feedback, and so forth.
I've triggered corner complications like that one a bunch too.

And you could kinda do that before, cause only stuff that had sound notifications enabled on the phone gave haptic feedback, but now everything does it seems. Or maybe not, I have stuff that gives haptic feedback that didn't before (those ones without sound), but I think there's others that still don't like before :iiam:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

enojy posted:

Is it not possible to detach the watch's pedometer from Health.app? My workouts are stationary, but do involve arm movement, which is translating into thousands of steps/distance that I am not making. All it seems I can do is re-arrange device priority, but even setting the iPhone at the top results in the same thing.

Change hands when you get wank, holy poo poo

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
I've been using Heartwatch, and it's pretty great. It regularly sends me updates when my heartrate was high, which I think is useful. Sometimes it sends them with a huge delay. Just now (11.00 am) it notified me that my heartrate was high last night (00:40 am), which is pretty useless. I can't find anything to change this in the settings, does anyone else have this problem?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LPG Giant posted:

I've been using Heartwatch, and it's pretty great. It regularly sends me updates when my heartrate was high, which I think is useful. Sometimes it sends them with a huge delay. Just now (11.00 am) it notified me that my heartrate was high last night (00:40 am), which is pretty useless. I can't find anything to change this in the settings, does anyone else have this problem?

Supposedly that's because apple only let's apps get that data when your device is unlocked as some sort of privacy or safety measure. So your watch is taking your pulse all the time, but Heartwatch only gets passed that data when you unlock the phone. At least that's what I was told when I asked the same question.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What do the colours mean on the route tracking part of the activity app? I assume they're about how fast you're going or something, but I'm not sure if red is fastest or slowest.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gunder posted:

What do the colours mean on the route tracking part of the activity app? I assume they're about how fast you're going or something, but I'm not sure if red is fastest or slowest.

Heart rate.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

So mine is generally orange with occasional bits of red and green on my walks. What do the colours mean? Is red high heart rate or low?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Gunder posted:

So mine is generally orange with occasional bits of red and green on my walks. What do the colours mean? Is red high heart rate or low?

Red's dead, baby.

Red's dead.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twelve Elves posted:

Change hands when you get wank, holy poo poo
But that's how I reach my activity goals

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

beefnoodle posted:

Oh so many times. Pisses me off.

I stopped using the chronograph face except when actually timing things for this very reason.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

LPG Giant posted:

Thanks for bringing my attention to this app. I have atrial fibrillation and this would be useful, even if it's just to tell me after the fact that I had an event. I can't always tell when I'm in it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Weekly PSA: please only use the modular face, this is not a watch.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm rocking the jellyfish motion face. Best face. :colbert:

Also whoever said there are new faces in 3.1 beta 3 is a liar.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Modular sucks. I learned how to read a round clock just fine in kindergarten and it still gives a better sense of time at a glance than parsing numbers.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I'm rocking the jellyfish motion face. Best face. :colbert:

Also whoever said there are new faces in 3.1 beta 3 is a liar.

I was the liar :whatup:

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Seriously, what are you even doing if you aren't using modular.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

rage-saq posted:

Seriously, what are you even doing if you aren't using modular.

The only excuse is if you are somehow using an Hermés watch face because that typeface :eyepop:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Add more complications to the photo watch faces

Or just add support for third party faces already. One of the things I miss about my Pebble.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Anyone noticed how the Dark Sky complication constantly predicts: "RAIN STARTING SOON", even when there's none predicted on the iPhone app? I feel like the app has a bit of a hair trigger regarding rain on the watch, when the iPhone app does not.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gunder posted:

Anyone noticed how the Dark Sky complication constantly predicts: "RAIN STARTING SOON", even when there's none predicted on the iPhone app? I feel like the app has a bit of a hair trigger regarding rain on the watch, when the iPhone app does not.

Don't see this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Don't see this at all.

I've noticed it over the past 2 days. Right now my complication is warning that rain is starting soon, but there's no sign of any pending precipitation on either the watch app proper, or the iPhone app.

• Locked thread