Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm thinking heavy and tactical support squads armed with flamers/volkites. Maybe to represent the hardened armour upgrade. Nothing I actually need..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I am surprised to see Sisters and Custodes in there though. That's a really nice unexpected bonus.

I really hope the Sisters are somewhat easy to change the pose on, I'd really like to get a heap of them and not just have the same model repeated 20 times.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

I'm thinking heavy and tactical support squads armed with flamers/volkites. Maybe to represent the hardened armour upgrade. Nothing I actually need..

There's a thought. I already did one flamer support squad with +CCWs and they've been rocking like mad, why not have two?

MK III is the one armor mark to not be capable of using jump packs in the fiction so I'm not doing Assault with them, but support squads and heavy squads seems like a good way to go.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Rulebook Heavily posted:

There's a thought. I already did one flamer support squad with +CCWs and they've been rocking like mad, why not have two?

MK III is the one armor mark to not be capable of using jump packs in the fiction so I'm not doing Assault with them, but support squads and heavy squads seems like a good way to go.

Why not have 20 and an assault ram.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Looks like MkIII dudes aren't getting those massive combat knives from the MkIV set. They're getting chainswords instead.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with 30 MkIII dudes. I'm planning on using 10 for an acid bolter squad, but I was kind of hoping there'd be breacher options for the other 20. I'm willing to bet FW will put out an upgrade kit for them that's just left arms and shields. Failing that, I've got 20 MkIV marines I was going to use for support squads which might get shifted to something else. I like the idea of MkIII in that role. Those 20 MkIV dudes will become ???

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think Mark 3 will make for badass assault marines.
I'm totally going to do a Destroyer squad or two in MkIII. Down the line, but they'll bide their time for a points drop if need be. They're just a cool unit. I know that armor's not supposed to go with jump packs, but Destroyers are crazy.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
IIRC the Ashen Circle are Mark 3. Getting appropriate jump packs will be hard though, Forge World doesn't sell them by themselves.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Why not have 20 and an assault ram.

Can't have 20 man support squads. Tacs, though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So two squads of vets and a flames support squad sounds like a good start to some Salamanders.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Can't have 20 man support squads. Tacs, though.

For some reason I thought the ram could take a squad per side, but apparently not :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just a reminder that plastic sisters of battle are now a 30k thing, but still not a 40k thing

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Rulebook Heavily posted:

It's not that MKIII is unable to support jump packs as far as I'm aware, it's just that MKIII is basically a heavier, more frontloaded variant of MKII intended for boarding ops, tunnel fighting, and so on, and rarely was combined with jump packs. Essentially what they'd use Terminator armor for before they actually had terminators. The two (MKII and MKIII) were developed and deployed at the same time - it's just that usually when you wanted jump troops, they'd bolt the jump pack to the more mobile and flexible MKII suit if they had a choice.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yo somebody split a box with me. I only want the good parts (Ahriman and Terminators)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hixson posted:

Yo somebody split a box with me. I only want the good parts (Ahriman and Terminators)

Check eBay. People are still splitting BaC. I'm buying tactical squad sprues + bases for £18

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Just a reminder that plastic sisters of battle are now a 30k thing, but still not a 40k thing
Sisters of Silence are not Sisters of Battle.
:goonsay:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Also check your local gaming store. Sometimes the stores themselves will buy boxes, cut them up, and sell the pieces. Few years back I got 2x sets of Skaven from the fantasy starter box from a store.

Small rules question that I can't seem to find a good clarification on; if a model is holding two master-crafted weapons of the same type, do you get to re-roll two failed hits? Specifically for the Raven's Talons.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Hixson posted:

I will split a box with you good goon

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Safety Factor posted:

Sisters of Silence are not Sisters of Battle.
:goonsay:

Are you kidding? They *are women* in *armor*. Exact same thing!

Now excuse me while I collect 4 different Heresy armies with slightly different shoulder pads.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I know I'm just low level poo poo posting, but it's still pretty amusing to me. Hell we'll probably have rules for tallarn desert raiders before they make it back into 40k

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Also check your local gaming store. Sometimes the stores themselves will buy boxes, cut them up, and sell the pieces. Few years back I got 2x sets of Skaven from the fantasy starter box from a store.

Small rules question that I can't seem to find a good clarification on; if a model is holding two master-crafted weapons of the same type, do you get to re-roll two failed hits? Specifically for the Raven's Talons.

You only fight with one weapon, the second just gives you a bonus attack. You'll only get one reroll.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Drake_263 posted:

It's not that MKIII is unable to support jump packs as far as I'm aware, it's just that MKIII is basically a heavier, more frontloaded variant of MKII intended for boarding ops, tunnel fighting, and so on, and rarely was combined with jump packs. Essentially what they'd use Terminator armor for before they actually had terminators. The two (MKII and MKIII) were developed and deployed at the same time - it's just that usually when you wanted jump troops, they'd bolt the jump pack to the more mobile and flexible MKII suit if they had a choice.

I could be remembering fluff from back when MkIII was developed in response to Squats. And I do need assault marines for blood angels shenanigans. Guess I'm sold!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

You only fight with one weapon, the second just gives you a bonus attack. You'll only get one reroll.

That makes sense, thanks.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I could be remembering fluff from back when MkIII was developed in response to Squats. And I do need assault marines for blood angels shenanigans. Guess I'm sold!

Plastic Squats in 30k confirmed. You heard it here first!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

Yep. I just want the marines.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

I know I'm just low level poo poo posting, but it's still pretty amusing to me. Hell we'll probably have rules for tallarn desert raiders before they make it back into 40k
Pffft, like you gotta defend shitposting. What do you think I was doing there? :v:

It really is kind of hilarious that 30k saw plastic women in power armor before 40k.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think Mark 3 will make for badass assault marines.

The problem is more the poses and lack of assault gear.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Custodes are swole as gently caress

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
they said there's going to be enough custodes options to field a full army eventually, right?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Supposedly just a few of them will be enough to bring down an entire 20 man tactical squad, so you might only need a few

GreenMarine posted:

The problem is more the poses and lack of assault gear.

Agreed. For example the MK3 heavy weapons kit has no new poses for the legs. Nobody kneeling or even power squatting. All the other MKs have better poseability. MK3 is still my favorite though

(PS: get better dude)

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Chances are that a suit of MKIII with a jujmp pack has all the grace of a bowling ball in flight but hey, I can't say I disagree with your choice! MKIII power armor best power armor.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Prospero sprues:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 15, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Couple more:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The best part are the plastic backpacks. Those MK2/MK3 backpacks SUCK in resin

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Oh poo poo, they even gave the option between the custodes spear and their gunsword and shield.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I'm seeing 4 spears, so maybe?

Derp. Im seeing 5 now.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 16, 2016

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

BULBASAUR posted:

The best part are the plastic backpacks. Those MK2/MK3 backpacks SUCK in resin

Tell me about it, just be thankful (if) you don't have the original MKIII backpacks forgeworld made. The mould was stupidly designed and it is almost impossible to fix the numerous miss casts. I still have 40 of them. The plastics are a welcome change and I hope I don't mess them up as much as my resin MkIIIs.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Urgh, yeap, those ones. The god-drat bottom part connects to the sprue so there was no safe way to clip it free without loosing your bottom 2 vents

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 16, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I've found with those ones you just have to be ballsy and cut the whole tab off in one hit. Every time I've tried trimming or being delicate I've lost one or both vents :argh:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Some buddies of mine made their armies on Parade entry a 4 way battle zone, on some unnamed 30K world. Came up real well.

There's two more 2x2 sections to add to it, and then it's a fully game-able 4x6 table.

Sorry for the image dump!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Another new video for Burning of Prospero, with some better closeups of the Custodes/Sisters of Silence and a Bjorn that I swear can't decide what kind of accent he has.

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/268848613510124/

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Had some three way marine on marine action this afternoon with BULBASAUR and a non-goon. 1000 points each, here's what I took:

Pride of the Legion Delegatus in cataphractii armor with a squad of termies, vets with an acid bolter and an apothecary in a Proteus, three acid jetbikes and a javelin with missiles, melta and a pair of HKs

Non-goons army:

Two special Night Lord squads, a squad of vets in a pod and a motherfucking paragon blade Praetor.

I didn't take a pic of BULBASAURS army but it was 2 Vindicators, a thudd gun, a 5 man plasma squad in a melta rhino and a maxed out squad of Breachers.

My deployment went well:

BULBASAURS artillery had a lot of fun taking potshots at my termies while the Night Lords infiltrated up to his breachers and drop podded right into the middle of his tanks:

On turn 2 my bikes and proteus came in! My proteus knocked the cannon off a vindicator and my bikes crashed into some rocks, took a potshot and killed a breacher, then died.

The Night Lord vets in the pod soaked up a lot of Iron Warriors fire and successfully killed off the thudd gun. My terminators did a great job dying to vindicator fire while my Proteus tried to pick off the artillery tanks.

The Night Lords and Iron Warriors both took pot shots across the battlefield from each other.

My speeder came in and BULBASAUR did a ridiculous job rolling 5+ cover saves but eventually it combined with my Land Raider to hunt his armor.

At this point I needed to leave to watch the Seahawks, because I'm a good sportsman and a true ham, but the Iron Warriors and Night Lords continued to fight to a draw. Technically they should have both rolled an additional d3 victory points due to my loss but they refused to play with my very good legion rules and let a random dice determine the outcome of the game. Pretty fun slamming! Bonus BULBAbreachers in a forest:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Arms for the Mk3 marines if I want to use them as assault marines, am I relegated to :china: for that?