Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They have full on naked butts

Stop trying to trick me into giving that show yet another shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Prime time shows have people getting shot by real bullets all the time, and they seemed to stress that the new time slot was going to allow some more mature content. Punisher is not outside the realm of what is possible, though obviously they can't go R rated. We've seen someone get nail gunned to the floor in the 8pm time slot. Punisher breaking bones or just shooting or stabbing people and getting bloody isn't unprecedented for a 10pm show.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Skwirl posted:

Stop trying to trick me into giving that show yet another shot.

It's Chloe Bennet for like 2 seconds and this lady:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It's Chloe Bennet for like 2 seconds and this lady:

Pfft. If you'd told me it was Clark Gregg you might have got my attention.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I will not hear an unkind word about Queen Madalena.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wait I don't remember any full on naked butts this season

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

greatn posted:

Wait I don't remember any full on naked butts this season

Opening scene of the first episode is Chloe Bennet's rear end as she puts a thong on. It's a side shot, but she's naked.

AIDA's buttcrack and top of her butt during the behind shot when she shows up naked to greet Fitz.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's like a 0% chance it's either of them.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Aphrodite posted:

There's like a 0% chance it's either of them.

The Chloe Bennet scene was her. She gave an interview about how she did more explicit nude scenes, but none of them ended up airing.

No idea about the other lady.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Opening scene of the first episode is Chloe Bennet's rear end as she puts a thong on. It's a side shot, but she's naked.

AIDA's buttcrack and top of her butt during the behind shot when she shows up naked to greet Fitz.

Oh, I saw those. Doesn't count. Some scenes in FX American Horror story and The Americans, and Archer, those count.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

I will not hear an unkind word about Queen Madalena.

This did not go unnoticed.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

AoS is in the 10 pm time slot now buddy. They have full on naked butts and Ghost Rider blew a guy's head off.

who's naked butt? This is important.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hollismason posted:

who's naked butt? This is important.

Daisy and the fembot in episode 1.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
I'm imagining Punisher showing up and putting a minigun to Ghost Rider and it doing almost nothing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm really digging Green Arrow and the Outsiders. I used to rag on how much Green Arrow stole from Batman ephemera, but then realized all my favorite bits are stolen directly from weird corners of Batman. (My favorite old thing is how half the actors pronounced Ra's al Ghul one way and there other half differently, often in the same scene).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr Hootington posted:

this punisher is too hardcore and bloody for that show. i could buy luke cage or DD, but not JJ or punisher.
Eh AOS has had onscreen face melting, immolation, and Bill Paxton punching out a guy's rib and stabbing him in the neck with it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I assume Daisy will meet up with Microchip, who I believe she has mentioned on the show before. Or some other Punisher ancillary character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But will she show him her rear end?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

But will she show him her rear end?

Again, no Clark Gregg rear end, no sale.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Do we get to see Ghost Rider's rear end and is it on fire?

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh AOS has had onscreen face melting, immolation, and Bill Paxton punching out a guy's rib and stabbing him in the neck with it.

And Ward getting his chest crushed, that was pretty brutal (although not very gorey)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

US TV standards are just crazy.

You can have a fully naked woman walking around as long as you have no nipples exposed. A fully clothed woman with partial areola exposed is not allowed.

You can have the most brutal bone-cracking beatdown on a kids show and it is totally fine as long as you don't show internal organs or "an excessive" amount of blood.

You can have a dog brutally dismembered on public airwaves, but you can't show someone smoking unless they are explicitly evil.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 15, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

You can have a fully naked woman walking around as long as you have no nipples exposed. A fully clothed woman with partial areola exposed is not allowed.

You can have the most brutal bone-cracking beatdown on a kids show and it is totally fine as long as you don't show internal organs or "an excessive" amount of blood.

You can have a dog brutally dismembered on public airwaves, but you can't show someone smoking unless they are explicitly evil.

On Hannibal standards and practice said it showed too much of an rear end crack so they covered it in blood and it was okay.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

bobkatt013 posted:

On Hannibal standards and practice said it showed too much of an rear end crack so they covered it in blood and it was okay.

"It's 9 pm! What is *gasp* THE CHILDREN were watching Hannibal and they saw a butt-crack? What would we say to them?"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

achillesforever6 posted:

I completely forgot about the rib stabbing!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

You also are not allowed to curse, though you can probably get away with some swear words after 10pm, but it's risky. You can say drat anytime you want, but never goddamn. You can talk about Jesus Christ as much as you want, but you can't use the name as an exclamation, at least not during daytime television.

The female nipple being banned isn't even a TV thing. It is a US cultural thing period. Billboards, games, you name it. You can show 95% of a boob but if you show a female nipple then you are getting sued most likely.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

AoS ... Ghost Rider

Well poo poo, I need to catch up on this show. :catstare:

I Don't even remember exactly where I left off - oh, no, right, I saw the ep where Hive/Ward got blown up in the space quinjet with shockboy. Guess I just spaced out on the next season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was the finale from last year. There's only 3 episodes since.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

Well poo poo, I need to catch up on this show. :catstare:

I Don't even remember exactly where I left off - oh, no, right, I saw the ep where Hive/Ward got blown up in the space quinjet with shockboy. Guess I just spaced out on the next season.
That was the last ep of last season!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OK since Superman was in the second episode of Supergirl I watched it too. My main takeaway is that I really want a Tyler Hoechlin Superman show. Please make it happen CW.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

redbackground posted:

That was the last ep of last season!

I haven't had a television for a few months now, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :saddowns:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

OK since Superman was in the second episode of Supergirl I watched it too. My main takeaway is that I really want a Tyler Hoechlin Superman show. Please make it happen CW.

Friday is available.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I agree with this 100% Tiny Superman is excellent. The costume could be a bit better though.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'd take slightly weird costume, short Superman over the 10 seconds of Ghost Rider at best per week AoS gives. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

I'd take slightly weird costume, short Superman over the 10 seconds of Ghost Rider at best per week AoS gives. :smith:

Oh absolutely. I love Tiny Superman!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I agree with this 100% Tiny Superman is excellent. The costume could be a bit better though.

I really like the costume. At first I didn't like the little clasps for the cape but I've grown to kind of love them now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I really like the costume. At first I didn't like the little clasps for the cape but I've grown to kind of love them now.

It doesn't feel like it has the fit and finish that Supergirl's has (clearly not as important since he's a guest star). I love the cape clasps, it's really the belt and boots that need a little refining.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wynn is an expert tailor for some reason.

Ma Kent does her best you jerk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, are the Tiny Kents alive in this universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Two problems I have with Tiny Superman. 1. He seems really super smug. It's weird.

2. He and Supergirl seem more like lovers bummed out they're having to deal with a long distance relationship than relatives.