Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started playing Ace Attorney: Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

I haven't played a AA game sinc ethe first three when they came out, I'd forgotten how frustrating it is when you want to present a piece of evidence but it's not the exact right time to present it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So what is it with smash bros online where people just sit at the edges not fighting? I've seen a lot of people do this.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

ColoradoCleric posted:

So what is it with smash bros online where people just sit at the edges not fighting? I've seen a lot of people do this.

nintendo games attract weird people who make a game out of queuing up to play the video game and then actively not playing
see: "squid party"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ColoradoCleric posted:

It's the reason I only play 2 v 2 or 1 v 1 For Glory now. It's so stupid.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Disney Magical World 2 is out in NA today. Is anyone planning on picking it up?

Fry's is doing an email coupon promo for today only, you can get it for $32:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I finally completed the normal world of Pokemon Picross! I have yet to spend a dime on this game too. 63 hours, 133 times, over 9 months.

Now I just have to clear the entire Alt World

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it possible to sell me on Picross in one post?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

its fun until 20x15

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

It's a pretty fun and chill puzzle game, and I don't usually like puzzle games. I don't like Sudoku at all. Picross is fun though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

no, no loving way, this isn't real

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuRyu has a new game coming out in Japan in 2017, The Alliance Alive, it's a Group Performance RPG.
http://gematsu.com/2016/10/furyu-announces-alliance-alive-3ds

Haven't played Legend of Legacy, but the comments I'm reading are saying the game sounds like more Legend of Lagacy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The White Dragon posted:

no, no loving way, this isn't real

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

What's the best Picross game? Should I stick to the 2D ones?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

LODGE NORTH posted:

Picross 3D (DS) and Picross 3D 2 (3DS). Otherwise, for traditional ones all the Picross E titles are good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

LODGE NORTH posted:

Just to elaborate, the 2d Picross games are different from the 3d Picross games, but they're all still pretty good. Your best 2d choice if you can track it down is Picross DS, since it has a lot of puzzles in it, otherwise the Picross E games are your next best choice. Zelda and Pokemon Picross are decent too, though Pokemon Picross has annoying aspects to it due to pokemon powers and such needed for achievements.

Picross 3d and 3d 2nd are subtly different enough that it's worth tracking down the original too. The 1st game only has 1 paint, so it's just clearing away blocks until you get the shape. The 2nd game has two paints, so now you have to figure out which color a block may be as well as clearing them away.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Astro7x posted:

I finally completed the normal world of Pokemon Picross! I have yet to spend a dime on this game too. 63 hours, 133 times, over 9 months.

Now I just have to clear the entire Alt World
I'm only on World 23 or something and I have over 100 hours in it. :staredog:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Disney Magical World 2 is out in NA today. Is anyone planning on picking it up?

Fry's is doing an email coupon promo for today only, you can get it for $32:

Not planning on getting it today but definitely getting it. I played the hell out of 1 in Japan, and reviews say 2 is more of the same but better.
I just hope the US version has all the bugs fixed right out of the gate because that really brought it down in Japan. It was pretty broken when it got released and took a few updates to be playable.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I gave up on the Pokemon Picross Alt world because there isn't a fast way to check which ones you've already finished.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Are regular NN3DSes uncommon? I was wondering if I hosed up by not buying an Animal Crossing one I saw in a local Toys R' Us like 2 weeks ago

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think usa originally got only xl versions but we have the regular ones now?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Are regular NN3DSes uncommon? I was wondering if I hosed up by not buying an Animal Crossing one I saw in a local Toys R' Us like 2 weeks ago

No fuckup, they always come with a game. Right now the big ones are the Pokemon Blue & Red bundle, and the Mario 3D Land bundle.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Through My Nintendo or Pokémon Picross you've got plenty of ways to try it for free, sell yourself on it

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

deadwing posted:

Through My Nintendo or Pokémon Picross you've got plenty of ways to try it for free, sell yourself on it

Honestly for vanilla 2D picross there's enough free options online to last you a very long time. For example, nonograms.org has over 5000 black and white puzzles alone.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

dirby posted:

Honestly for vanilla 2D picross there's enough free options online to last you a very long time. For example, nonograms.org has over 5000 black and white puzzles alone.

2D picross is objectively worse than 3D picross so

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've played the first two cases in Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth. Am I seriously never gonna get to go to court? I wanted to prosecute people. I just solve all the murders at the scene of the crime. Edgeworth is a prosecutor, isn't he, not a Detective Conan.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've played the first two cases in Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth. Am I seriously never gonna get to go to court? I wanted to prosecute people. I just solve all the murders at the scene of the crime. Edgeworth is a prosecutor, isn't he, not a Detective Conan.

It is called investigations for a reason.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Guy Goodbody posted:

There aren't any "court" sequences, just solvin' crimes. AAI2 is a much better game than the first.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I want to play as the judge

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

They should make a chibi Judge Judy game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess Phoenix Wright's defenses always boiled down to proving somebody else was guilty, so prosecuting would probably be pretty much the same

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

They should make a chibi Judge Judy game

there will be an entire button devoted to you saying "shut up, because i'm talking now" whenever you want

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

LODGE NORTH posted:

They should make a chibi Judge Dredd game

I agree. This is what I've always wanted and didn't know until now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want Telltale to make a Judge Dredd game

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They just couldn't call it Dick Gumshoe Quest

Like it should've been named

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spellman posted:

They just couldn't call it Dick Gumshoe Quest

Like it should've been named

They wanted to, but its budget was slashed during a decelopment review.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm playing Picross 3D on hard and there's seemingly no way to know what's where for certain puzzles aside from assuming blocks go somewhere because it's 3D.

Am I missing something?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
You can always logic it out. You're gonna have to mention the puzzle or give an example though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, they always give you enough information, you should never have to guess about a picross puzzle ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

For example, in this one, I can already tell the shape essentially, but how can I logically figure out what goes where?