Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Yes.

Something also to think about is you can get 82% reduced cost from Hierophant and some nodes on tree. The 20% life wheel Tireless has reduced cost, as does the mana at Templar start and Dynamo by the Scion life wheel. If you fill out both wheels it goes up to 89% reduced with 100% uptime. You might only need a single bit of Elreon jewellery to hit zero cost on all your spells and then you won't have to worry about not being hit

This sounds way more reasonable than "not getting hit for 1 damage, like ever", thanks for the hints.

But how would you rate the damage output on this?
Id prolly go with SRS - spell echo(?) - Splash - minion damage - melee phys - faster attacks - blind

Thats missing out on multistrike, added fire, melee on full life and such. In return i get faster attacks which might be huge or useless, and blind is a nice but not amazing defense.
I still plan on additionally using smoke-cloud bottles for situations where i have to stand and cast.

Will spell echo ever become irrellevant? Would fast casting suffice?
Since Bringer of Rain basically yells "use a shield" im most likely using a wand or dagger in main, with as much cast speed as i can find. First i thought about Apeps cause its the highest i could spot but the 80% increased mana cost would probably kill me. Or wouldnt it? I honestly cant tell.
Cast speed on gloves is also a given, and im limited in unique-abuse since i need to fill resists and life.

Im still SO gonna do this once my witch bites it.

Well, and once i get the 40-60c for a BoR.

e: modified tree to get more cost reduction, im kinda bummed i cant get the duelist shield node though. Also im short on dex and the templar dex-trio would also have 9% cast speed...

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...FpewKBCfEuWdLaG

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Yolomon Wayne posted:

This sounds way more reasonable than "not getting hit for 1 damage, like ever", thanks for the hints.

But how would you rate the damage output on this?
Id prolly go with SRS - spell echo(?) - Splash - minion damage - melee phys - faster attacks - blind

Thats missing out on multistrike, added fire, melee on full life and such. In return i get faster attacks which might be huge or useless, and blind is a nice but not amazing defense.
I still plan on additionally using smoke-cloud bottles for situations where i have to stand and cast.

Will spell echo ever become irrellevant? Would fast casting suffice?
Since Bringer of Rain basically yells "use a shield" im most likely using a wand or dagger in main, with as much cast speed as i can find. First i thought about Apeps cause its the highest i could spot but the 80% increased mana cost would probably kill me. Or wouldnt it? I honestly cant tell.
Cast speed on gloves is also a given, and im limited in unique-abuse since i need to fill resists and life.

Im still SO gonna do this once my witch bites it.

Well, and once i get the 40-60c for a BoR.

e: modified tree to get more cost reduction, im kinda bummed i cant get the duelist shield node though. Also im short on dex and the templar dex-trio would also have 9% cast speed...

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...FpewKBCfEuWdLaG

Get one of those wands that has 12% implicit then get the 23% cast speed roll on top of that?

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lvTfor3qg

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Axes or Swords for Lacerate? Scaeva seems very cheap and decent.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lungboy posted:

Axes or Swords for Lacerate? Scaeva seems very cheap and decent.

Scaeva got nerfed into the ground, literally -4% base crit., if you're poor there is for example Wings of Entropy+Bringer of Rain (which iirc works pretty well with the new Steel base rings), or a rare weapon + Death's Hand in the offhand.

If you're rich there is Varunastra+whatever you want :v:

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 13, 2016

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Soul Taker is really strong and not too expensive I don't think, although if you want a high roll, it's up there. It lets me run Hatred/HoA/Arctic Armor which is pretty great.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you want Elemental Lacerate is also very strong. Start Inquisitor, use an Elemental Jewelled Foil + Doryani's Catalyst.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Got my second Shav's this league and hit 90 on my main at the same time, and I'm choosing to interpret this as a sign. What's a good low-life build, should I just do BV pathfinder or are there other cool builds that need Shav's?

Teach me your secrets to getting Shav's, I want one for the bladefall scourge necro I'm leveling.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Teach me your secrets to getting Shav's, I want one for the bladefall scourge necro I'm leveling.

Got one out of a Strand map, waffled on selling it vs using it and decided to sell, then found one in a Monstrous Treasure Chateau so I guess do that

e: the only other time in the past 600 hours I found something worth more than a few raw exalts was a Voltaxic off Perandus back in that league so I guess I had it coming

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Got one out of a Strand map, waffled on selling it vs using it and decided to sell, then found one in a Monstrous Treasure Chateau so I guess do that

e: the only other time in the past 600 hours I found something worth more than a few raw exalts was a Voltaxic off Perandus back in that league so I guess I had it coming

RNG all the way down.
I had 1 Exalt drop on my second character somewhere in cruel with a friend who got another one 30 minutes later, so i thought they werent that rare and bought a tabula with it.
Then i didnt see another one for about 900 hours of play.
Then i got 1 in perandus and 4 in prophecy.
The one and only T1 drop i ever had in 1800 hours of wasting my life was a hege-staff.

e: what im saying is im loving overdue and then a bit for a few T1s, game!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yolomon Wayne posted:

RNG all the way down.
I had 1 Exalt drop on my second character somewhere in cruel with a friend who got another one 30 minutes later, so i thought they werent that rare and bought a tabula with it.
Then i didnt see another one for about 900 hours of play.
Then i got 1 in perandus and 4 in prophecy.
The one and only T1 drop i ever had in 1800 hours of wasting my life was a hege-staff.

e: what im saying is im loving overdue and then a bit for a few T1s, game!

Tbf a tab, early in a league, can be worth over an exalt

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

Tbf a tab, early in a league, can be worth over an exalt

It was in standard.
I dont regret it though, i was a noob and lessions were learned.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So im already theorycrafting for next char which might be next league, but im certain i want to run Soultaker Slayer, so i can reserve all my mana with 3 heralds and maybe aa or something. I dont want to do anything ive done before so EQ is out. Lacerate Reave or Double Strike?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Is there anything a new player should know about the next league? I've had help building an EA BM duelist and its been a blast, I'm only 71 and just starting to explore the map stuff, so I don't have any endgame experience, but I think for my next one I would like to do a tanky str/int guy maybe? Is there something going to be introduced that's going to change things up a lot?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Target Practice posted:

Is there anything a new player should know about the next league? I've had help building an EA BM duelist and its been a blast, I'm only 71 and just starting to explore the map stuff, so I don't have any endgame experience, but I think for my next one I would like to do a tanky str/int guy maybe? Is there something going to be introduced that's going to change things up a lot?

Yes, but we won't know until about 2 weeks before the league starts.
Strength/int is a shoe in for totems or a mjolner build if you like your screen being a chaotic mess of spell effects. Hegemony's Era builds are also a very expensive option.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
We don't know what the next league mechanic will be. All we know is that we'll get a few new skills that use the channeling system (like Flameblast/Lightning Tendrils/Incinerate) that were intended for Atlas release but got delayed.

I'd expect info about what the new league will be to drop sometime in mid-November.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Aren't they planning on doing a 1-month challenge league after this? I remember it being mentioned a few weeks ago.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ButtWolf posted:

So im already theorycrafting for next char which might be next league, but im certain i want to run Soultaker Slayer, so i can reserve all my mana with 3 heralds and maybe aa or something. I dont want to do anything ive done before so EQ is out. Lacerate Reave or Double Strike?

Lacerate is very comfortable to play, good AoE and good single target
Reave has the highest clearspeed if you never stop to pick poo poo up, and meh single target
Double Strike is a racing skill the Duelist uses to kill Hillock and then throw away, you should too

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Cool I can kill all the guardians and get shaper to p3. I'll get him next time now that I know what to expect.

gently caress me, does he have a lot of health. As do all his adds - so much that I can't save Zana so his bullshit purple orbs in P2/3 destroy me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It was in standard.
I dont regret it though, i was a noob and lessions were learned.

lol lemme guess some fucker in trade chat was spamming $WTS Tabula Rasa (6-Link!) for 1exalted orb quick sales only!!!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Thinking about going Varunastra/Aegis aurora. Probably gonna do it with Gladiator? Can anyone recommend me some Aegis builds to look at so I know how to build for it?? Or is it just "max that fukken block"

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
poeurl.com/Ox9 i whipped this thing up in like 10 minutes. some questions include: are the +armor/+es nodes worth it in an aegis build? are there better sources of damage i can be getting? am i hella stupid for not taking the scion life nodes? should i be doing this with voidheart??

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

Thinking about going Varunastra/Aegis aurora. Probably gonna do it with Gladiator? Can anyone recommend me some Aegis builds to look at so I know how to build for it?? Or is it just "max that fukken block"

Pathfinder with a rumi's :v:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

lol lemme guess some fucker in trade chat was spamming $WTS Tabula Rasa (6-Link!) for 1exalted orb quick sales only!!!

It was via trade chat, yes. I had no clue there was any other trade option, and this was way before premium stash tab selling.
I think there were 2 other selling for an ex, but those might have been +1 corruptions, i cant remember and i sure wouldnt have known the difference.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

Aren't they planning on doing a 1-month challenge league after this? I remember it being mentioned a few weeks ago.

Traditionally, 1-monthers are thrown inbetween major leagues to buy some time to polish the next one, also for concepts that arent really deep enough for a full-blown 3 month (like flashbacks usually).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
When SRSing, what about converting all cold damage from hatred to fire (like with pyre) and then taking emberwake?
I see most things that arent white mobs are ignited pretty much 24/7 due to the sheer number of fire based hits from the spirits.
Would emberwaking the srs do much for single target dps?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Okay, three shaper sets and I'm just about at the same point every time. Don't think this build can kill him without going LL and respeccing for Frenzy charges. I'm going to try one more time but it's not looking good; once P2 starts I can't really keep Zana alive because his adds have so much health and I don't really have any burst damage. Then he does his purple death ball bullshit and since I don't have Zana at that moment, I die. My best was like 35%.

I can do literally all the other content in the game without effort, at least.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Okay, three shaper sets and I'm just about at the same point every time. Don't think this build can kill him without going LL and respeccing for Frenzy charges. I'm going to try one more time but it's not looking good; once P2 starts I can't really keep Zana alive because his adds have so much health and I don't really have any burst damage. Then he does his purple death ball bullshit and since I don't have Zana at that moment, I die. My best was like 35%.

I can do literally all the other content in the game without effort, at least.

Have you tried letting her die as quickly as possible? She comes back just in time.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

devoir posted:

Have you tried letting her die as quickly as possible? She comes back just in time.

You mean just letting her get dogpiled? No, I haven't tried that yet. That seems insanely counterintuitive so I'm sure that's probably the correct option in my circumstance. I've got to get another minotaur/phoenix/chimera fragment and I'll try again, I guess.

edit: nope, gently caress it. Going to get my last random challenge and be done with it

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 15, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Dunked my 5th HC char to a tora-pack-lagspike and im kinda through with this league.

Its not that im mad at the game, it was my first death that wasnt the result of a bad decision (well im still not sure getting oneshot by cruel malakai and 3000hp counts as my error) its just that i dont have the will to spend another 4 evenings playing a character to mapping level and then dying like a chump. If i was good enopugh (or could afford the time to get good enough) to gear a char in a day id have no problem, but at my current level of play ill be doing softcore again next league.

It was a nice experience though and should the time-to-maps ever drop to half of what its now, ill be back in HC for sure, but for now im done.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

So I've been leveling a BV pathfinder with the intent to go LL with the Shavs I found. I've been following this guide http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1725160/page/1 but it seems a little messy sorting out what I should be doing with not a ton of money other than the Shavs

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

So I've been leveling a BV pathfinder with the intent to go LL with the Shavs I found. I've been following this guide http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1725160/page/1 but it seems a little messy sorting out what I should be doing with not a ton of money other than the Shavs

sell the shavs and go CI? pathfinder this league costs money out the rear end, no way around that

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Morticia makes me hard posted:

sell the shavs and go CI? pathfinder this league costs money out the rear end, no way around that

Well yeah but I'm not likely to be getting my mitts on Skyforth or a good +1 curse amulet either way

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

When SRSing, what about converting all cold damage from hatred to fire (like with pyre) and then taking emberwake?
I see most things that arent white mobs are ignited pretty much 24/7 due to the sheer number of fire based hits from the spirits.
Would emberwaking the srs do much for single target dps?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but none of the things you imagined would work. Minions, unlike totems and traps, do not take player stats into account unless those stats specify minions. The raging spirits would still deal cold damage and would not stack emberwake ignites.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Chieftain or Heirophant?
Sire of Shards
Spell Totem
Freezing Pulse or Arctic breath
Pyre

Also would three dragons be a good addition?

Three Dragons

Anyone tried this build before? Wondering if it could work out pretty good.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Chieftain or Heirophant?
Sire of Shards
Spell Totem
Pyre

Three Dragons

I did this with Heirophant, Arctic Breath, and a five-link Sire. It wasn't the fastest clearing, but it was a lot of fun and pretty safe; exploding skulls everywhere, and covering the screen with chilled ground is a good defense. If you get a boss near a wall or inside a group of enemies, you can do some serious shotgunning damage. Also, a good Rain of Splinters Jewel is practically a free extra link, so grab one of those.

I don't know if it can get into red maps or much past; I'm easily bored and lazy with gearing, so I never tried.

I didn't try Three Dragons, so I can't say if it's any good.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Chieftain or Heirophant?
Sire of Shards
Spell Totem
Pyre

Three Dragons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOA2lVCHRY

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DCed 4 times during merc lab. Game does not want me to ascend. Lab is trash.

Bingo
Aug 18, 2003

Any advice on what ascendancy would be best for rf ignite vortex? I really cant decide between elementalist for free prolif, chieftain for leech/end charges/ignite chance, or hierophant because I'll be running rf/vortex in gloves/helm with essences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bingo posted:

Any advice on what ascendancy would be best for rf ignite vortex? I really cant decide between elementalist for free prolif, chieftain for leech/end charges/ignite chance, or hierophant because I'll be running rf/vortex in gloves/helm with essences.

I did RF- manual discharge juggernaught last league, 0.2 from tree and 2x 0.4 from fated kaom rings make 1.0% life reg per endurance charge of which you have 10 and get full charges everytime you would get 1 (i.e. 1x enduring cry= 10% life reg on top of your ~11% from tree which is enough by itself to keep you alive before overcapping and phoenix)
Dont know how it would compare to todays fancy stuff though.

• Locked thread