Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dehtraen posted:

Kibler seems out of practice, the hellion trigger miss was huge and the clue going to the graveyard randomly was weird.

He's been that way a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anyone who doesn't love this is the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN-zYxwIimE

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 15, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pack your Ceremonious Rejection's kids.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Glad I ordered my set of marvels Tuesday. Now I have most of the deck but still probably not going to regionals even though it's only a 20 minute drive.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Wait. BBD was homeschooled until the 8th grade? Poor fucker. :(

now now, not every homeschooled kid is part of a religious cult

just most of them

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Weird Synergistic Combo Standard is so good. Wasn't that long ago rhinos were trampling all over our hopes for anything but midrange goodstuff hell for the rest of eternity.

edit: everything is good

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 15, 2016

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Weird Synergistic Combo Standard is so good. Wasn't that long ago rhinos were trampling all over our hopes for anything but midrange goodstuff hell for the rest of eternity.

edit: everything is good

agreed, Kenji Tsumura being at 6-0(even if it might be about to be 6-1) is both cool and good

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How good is the GR energy deck? I'm interested in some of the cards it's packin.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How good is the GR energy deck? I'm interested in some of the cards it's packin.

We will know more when there is more than a small amount of data. I built it on modo today and it's fun as hell, but I haven't played against these real controlling decks they are playing here.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Any deck tech up on UR Spells?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
So, at this point we are probably going to see Chandra free fall down to like 10-15 right? At this point price memory is really the only thing propping it up with no standard play and no modern/legacy play.

Looks like Aetherworks Marvel is the big winner so far and Shota plus another couple showed off Torrential Gearhulk as very strong in control shells

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dehtraen posted:

So, at this point we are probably going to see Chandra free fall down to like 10-15 right? At this point price memory is really the only thing propping it up with no standard play and no modern/legacy play.

If it gets that low, I will definitely be filling out a playset. There's no way that card doesn't get a good home before it rotates, and I still think it's cool, even if it's not good right now.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Soul Glo posted:

If it gets that low, I will definitely be filling out a playset. There's no way that card doesn't get a good home before it rotates, and I still think it's cool, even if it's not good right now.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't see competitive play while it is in standard but at this point it has seen zero play, and so much more of this set is eating up value. Would love for it to get much cheaper so I can pick up a set!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
5-0 at FNM with my GR Ramp/Marvel deck. Chandra is so good in that deck. Both of them. There's 5 Chandra - 3 Torch and 2 Flamecaller.

I tried really hard to punt it away but managed to get it done in the end. I was gonna play it at Regionals but my wife says I have to attend some lovely function for her work.

Ramping into World Breakers with her is great, as is ramping into big Chandra.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Nomadic Scholar posted:

The only pro I know on RG was Edel, and based on results after limited he was 2-1, and he finished 4-4. So 2-3 in standard. :(

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

ShaneB posted:

The only pro I know on RG was Edel, and based on results after limited he was 2-1, and he finished 4-4. So 2-3 in standard. :(

Kibler was also on it, but it looks like he's also 2-3 in standard.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Elblanco posted:

Kibler was also on it, but it looks like he's also 2-3 in standard.

He's on a more "fair" RG deck that doesn't capitalize on energy and Pummeler in the same way.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

ShaneB posted:

He's on a more "fair" RG deck that doesn't capitalize on energy and Pummeler in the same way.

Oh, he was just billed as playing r/g energy, he wasn't running pummeler.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Sickening posted:

I doubt after all the conversations we have had on the subject that mods give a poo poo at this point.

I think I've posted it before but just to be clear:

The general rule is that discussing proxies is fine, but posting links or directions to places where you can get fake cards is not. If you want to have proxies that is your problem, but links could get SA in trouble. Same rules as videogame emulation/piracy, more or less.

If you're unsure about something you can shoot me a message before you post it. I'd also recommend against "mods don't care" posts in case some poor bastard assumes I don't and gets their rear end kicked :v:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

How do people not know about last pick draft cards?

Would it shock you to know that there is a significant portion of magic players that don't know that something is good and cool unless some internet superstar tells them it is?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Lets Pickle posted:

I'm gonna be honest I've forgotten about like every card in Standard outside of Kaladesh so it's pretty crazy seeing Avacyn make an appearance.

Avacyn has been the most consistent thing to give me trouble for some reason.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

neonbregna posted:

Would it shock you to know that there is a significant portion of magic players that don't know that something is good and cool unless some internet superstar tells them it is?

Weird...how could that be? It's not like the game has a huge audience and lots of people play it for reasons other than "be as competitive as possible and spend lots of free time reading how other people min/max". That would just be silly.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

bitprophet posted:

Weird...how could that be? It's not like the game has a huge audience and lots of people play it for reasons other than "be as competitive as possible and spend lots of free time reading how other people min/max". That would just be silly.

I guess asking individuals to evaluate for themselves is just to much to ask in this day and age.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I thought the point was people would recognize those cards from all the times they've come round in drafts. I certainly know all about the Runemark cycle

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Oh god Shota's draft is sooooo loving silly.

p3p1 Aetherworks Marvel (his 2nd of the draft) over Welding Sparks
p3p2 Confiscation Coup
p3p3 Noxious Gearhulk over Whirler Virtuoso

Kaladesh draft and Standard both loving rule.

Lets Pickle fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 15, 2016

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I thought the point was people would recognize those cards from all the times they've come round in drafts. I certainly know all about the Runemark cycle

I think it's really weird how counterspells, removal, and instant speed anything all got removed from the game because they caused too many feelbads, but all the designers look at the runemarks and thought "sure, people will love seeing 2-3 of those in every pack they open.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

little munchkin posted:

I think it's really weird how counterspells, removal, and instant speed anything all got removed from the game because they caused too many feelbads, but all the designers look at the runemarks and thought "sure, people will love seeing 2-3 of those in every pack they open.

They've stated recently that they no longer put lovely cycles into small sets (Runemarks, Cluestones), or maybe just all sets in general, because they don't want all of the last picks of every draft to look the same.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also DTK was going to have an aura theme to go with its Auramorph mechanic at one point, which explains a few weird orphaned cards.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

little munchkin posted:

I would think Wizards would want to differentiate Magic further from Hearthstone and yet here we are

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"They removed instant speed anything" seems like a bold claim to make during a Pro Tour where control is making a comeback on the back of a flash creature that specifically requires you to play a bunch of instants

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 15, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm not fond of the mixed messages this thread is sending me.

Specifically the one where standard owns bones but is also festering poo poo that is boring and needs to die.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

"They removed instant speed anything" seems like a bold claim to make during a Pro Tour where control is making a comeback on the back of a flash creature that specifically requires you to play a bunch of instants

I'm often convinced that this thread is just a copypasta dump from MTGSalvation.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Triple Noxious Gearhulk in draft getting there.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I'm often convinced that this thread is just a copypasta dump from MTGSalvation.

That's the funny part.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
So Kaladesh draft is confirmed for huge stand off board states until somebody drops an evasive creature or a bomb just like how it was in sealed? :(

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

I'm not fond of the mixed messages this thread is sending me.

Specifically the one where standard owns bones but is also festering poo poo that is boring and needs to die.

I made a panharmonicon deck yesterday and the board states are so amazing in this crazy KLD standard.

This was a just for fun game and honestly this is the most fun deck I've ever played. I have no idea what the other guy was trying to do, his plan was very odd.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Well, it's fairly obvious he's trying to create a loop with Whirler Virtuoso. Era of Innovation + Decoction Module + Virtuoso is 1: Make a 1/1 flier, and the other Modules do other cool combo things. Might also be playing Metalwork Colossus.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Willy Edel went 5-0 last night with his RG deck on leagues. Must have been practicing or something, lolz.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/492646#paper

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

TwistedNails posted:

I made a panharmonicon deck yesterday and the board states are so amazing in this crazy KLD standard.

This was a just for fun game and honestly this is the most fun deck I've ever played. I have no idea what the other guy was trying to do, his plan was very odd.

What list are you messing around with so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

TwistedNails posted:

Two heralds of Kozilek suggest to me he was going to throw an Aetherflux Resovoir at some point. Then he can play free Prismatic Prisms and free puzzleknots to draw cards and play more free artifacts and maybe storm out.

• Locked thread