Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Has it? He's losing the election real bad.

He's not at 0% support yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Why the gently caress are you fuckers posting a 1000+ new posts when there hasnt been any new Donnie stuff.

Also w/r/t to wikileaks. Please stop spelling rear end's full name and just call him rear end. If he's anything thing like Dick Dawkins it will annoy his very soul.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Dear god I hope we turn blue so drat hard just to spite Pence. My state can be such a poo poo show :smith:

Polls are looking good but that story took all the skip in my step out and firmly placed me back into :ohdear: territory.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Night10194 posted:

Has it? He's losing the election real bad.

Not now, but it did win him the primary. :shrug:
e- also keep in mind that this man considers himself successful with a $916M loss. :smugdon: So yeah, it's going great. The best.

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 15, 2016

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

So the Tea Party even has their very own Albert Speer I see.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

computer parts posted:

People were already criticizing her for that though.

Like name something new these transcripts revealed that people weren't already saying and believing.

dude she literally said during the primaries that she was going to be just as tough on banks as sanders, just in a smarter way. i realize people were sceptical about those claims, but that's different than actually having proof she told the banks a very different story. these transcripts would certainly have been ammunition for the sanders campaign.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Holy poo poo, shouldn't there be some sort of emergency legal action on that Indiana voter suppression?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

Why the gently caress are you fuckers posting a 1000+ new posts when there hasnt been any new Donnie stuff.

Also w/r/t to wikileaks. Please stop spelling rear end's full name and just call him rear end. If he's anything thing like Dick Dawkins it will annoy his very soul.

Trump's running mate literally just hosed with (mostly black) peoples ability to vote in his state.

Also that wont work. You need to add something to it to make it catchy. Assy, Assman, or Assmeister. Something like that.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Admiral Ray posted:

What the gently caress

Is this like one of those things where Beck finally saw a mirror of what he could have been/what he was in Trump?

VICE: A lot of people have said that you are the man responsible for Donald Trump.

BECK: Couldn't. Be. Further. From. The truth.

VICE: Why?

BECK: Because I'll take you to the episodes where I warned that that man would come. And I warned him-. I warned them [it would come] on the right. Watch out! What's happening in Europe, and I was told not to use the word "Nazi" because I was describing what was happening over in Europe.

One whole series I did was about what was happening over in Europe. I said the Nazis are rising up. The old hatreds... There's wasn't the Golden Dawn Party then, there wasn't any of these parties that were rising up. This... this movement that Trump [is part of], he didn't start. He tapped into [it]. If anyone cause it, then it was the political parties lying to the people on both sides.

[Sarcastically] Oh yeah, if you elect me, I'm going to pass health care! I'm going to repeal health care! Then we elect, and you don't do it. Well, how many times can you do that before people say: "Enough of you guys." There's always someone to stand up and-.

VICE: So, you don't think there's anything that you did in the past-.

BECK: Of course, I-.

VICE: That contributed to this climate now.

BECK: Yeah! I've said that three times today.

VICE: Give me an example of something you really regret. An actual example.

BECK: Really?

VICE: Yeah, why not?

BECK: Because it's been said eight thousand times... I'm willing to take my share of it if it will... if it will help people listen to the warning now. If it will help people listen to the warnings now, I'll take all of it.

VICE: Do you think there's any hope for [the GOP]?

BECK: No.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 15, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

botany posted:

dude she literally said during the primaries that she was going to be just as tough on banks as sanders, just in a smarter way. i realize people were sceptical about those claims, but that's different than actually having proof she told the banks a very different story.

People already literally believed that and believed that her not releasing the transcripts proved it.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Trump's running mate literally just hosed with (mostly black) peoples ability to vote in his state.

Also that wont work. You need to add something to it to make it catchy. Assy, Assman, or Assmeister. Something like that.

Julian Assflange

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Flapjack Monty posted:

Julian Assflange

Sounds like he should be a unique monster in Diablo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/787390380086009857

"I've never touched a woman!" Proclaims trump while pulling down pants and revealing an inny penis.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Glenn's more or less a libertarian burnout now, but he's still obsessed with false equivalence and doomsaying.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

computer parts posted:

People already literally believed that and believed that her not releasing the transcripts proved it.

let me rephrase this: do you believe the sanders campaign would not have used the transcripts to launch an attack based on them?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

He misspelt 'bitter'.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
As a humorous aside I took a glance at one of the Republicans websites running for the Trusteeship of Michigan State. The issues section gets interesting toward the bottom.

Mr. Kelly posted:

Liberal Bias

Democrats and Unions control the Board
Unions are on both sides of the MSU bargaining table
Union PAC contributions are funneled to the liberals of the Democratic Party
Unions elect there own power brokers to control the 1.4 billion dollar budget of MSU
Common Core

Washington Bureaucrats think are children are common
We know what’s best for our own children
Centralized Government doesn’t work
Social Issues

Never understood how liberals can expand the 1st Amendment to deny prayer in schools, but ignore the 2nd Amendment
Never understood how liberals can ignore the signs of life to support abortion
Never understood how liberals think our economy just happens without work and risk

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

"I've never touched a woman!" Proclaims trump while pulling down pants and revealing an inny penis.

Ahh, the classic "only a monster would do what we're being accused of, and therefore..." defense. Did they forget Trump is Trump?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

botany posted:

let me rephrase this: do you believe the sanders campaign would not have used the transcripts to launch an attack based on them?

I don't think it would have made enough of a difference, he lost by over 10 points

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

botany posted:

I believe they would, primarily because they already did launch an attack based on them.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So my wife and I went to vote for Tammy Duckworth and our Iron Abuela here in Illinois. Early voting is pretty rad - I should do this every year. :)

It's not like Illinois is competitive for Prez, but Senate is closer than I expected. If we can get that dickhead Mark Kirk out of office, I'll be well pleased.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

VICE: A lot of people have said that you are the man responsible for Donald Trump.

BECK: Couldn't. Be. Further. From. The truth.

VICE: Why?

BECK: Because I'll take you to the episodes where I warned that that man would come. And I warned him-. I warned them [it would come] on the right. Watch out! What's happening in Europe, and I was told not to use the word "Nazi" because I was describing what was happening over in Europe.

One whole series I did was about what was happening over in Europe. I said the Nazis are rising up. The old hatreds... There's wasn't the Golden Dawn Party then, there wasn't any of these parties that were rising up. This... this movement that Trump [is part of], he didn't start. He tapped into [it]. If anyone cause it, then it was the political parties lying to the people on both sides.

[Sarcastically] Oh yeah, if you elect me, I'm going to pass health care! I'm going to repeal health care! Then we elect, and you don't do it. Well, how many times can you do that before people say: "Enough of you guys." There's always someone to stand up and-.

VICE: So, you don't think there's anything that you did in the past-.

BECK: Of course, I-.

VICE: That contributed to this climate now.

BECK: Yeah! I've said that three times today.

VICE: Give me an example of something you really regret. An actual example.

BECK: Really?

VICE: Yeah, why not?

BECK: Because it's been said eight thousand times... I'm willing to take my share of it if it will... if it will help people listen to the warning now. If it will help people listen to the warnings now, I'll take all of it.

VICE: Do you think there's any hope for [the GOP]?

BECK: No.

I watched that thing. He really comes off as someone truly crushed by the state of the party he believed in. Beck's anguish is a bit more specific, even. He expected the GOP to be a complete poo poo, but it killed him that the voters themselves turned out in such droves for Trump.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

computer parts posted:

I believe they would, primarily because they already did launch an attack based on them.

Yeah, are people already forgetting that Bernie ran a campaign to win? He could have been more of a dick if he tried, but wasn't exactly pulling punches. He's already attacked Hillary hard on this front.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mr Hootington posted:

"It would never have taken place on Mothers day, and if it had because the hotel is so great it would have been the talk of the town forever" - a classic defense up there with "Why didn't she run this story 12 years ago, it would have been the biggest story in history because I was so cool and popular"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

rscott posted:

I don't think it would have made enough of a difference, he lost by over 10 points

i agree.

computer parts posted:

no they didn't, because they didn't have them. they attacked her on not releasing the transcripts and there was speculation that what she was saying during the primaries was not what she actually believed w.r.t. financial regulation. but honestly i feel like we're talking past each other and this discussion isn't going anywhere, so i'll drop it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

I don't know man rear end just doesn't work with the rest of his official title

"Fugitive rapist and antisemite rear end"

Maybe with Julian?

"Fugitive rapist and antisemite Julian rear end"

Hmm no I think this works best:

"Fugitive rapist and antisemite Julian Assange"

His full name actually sounds like he's a French aristocrat or something, which on its own isn't funny, but it becomes hilarious when contrasted against everything that he says and does. It's like a country bumpkin KKK member having a name of "Cornelius Alfonse III"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
What with Beck and some of the other conservatives finally drawing a line, I feel there's a massive distinction between conservatives who may still have terrible viewpoints, but aren't inexcusably terrible people, and the Republican stooges who are all just hungry for power.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

PT6A posted:

What with Beck and some of the other conservatives finally drawing a line, I feel there's a massive distinction between conservatives who may still have terrible viewpoints, but aren't inexcusably terrible people, and the Republican stooges who are all just hungry for power.

Most of the people drawing lines in the sand and making a big show of jumping off the Trump train are also horrible people and advocate horrible things. They'd be fine going along if their guy was the one driving.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Furnaceface posted:

I like how every time the Trump campaign accuses someone of something it turns out they are literally guilty of doing it as well.

He just accused Hillary of taking drugs before the debates. :okpos:

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

QuarkJets posted:

Hmm no I think this works best:

"antisemite Jewlian Assange"

?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

PT6A posted:

I could never get a read on Beck. I think he probably considers himself to be a good entertainer and has justified a lot of behavior that way. Have a hard time believing he's doing this out of the goodness of his convictions and not some kind of specific angle - I'd expect that to become clear shortly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ImpAtom posted:

He's not at 0% support yet!

He is with undecideds in Florida.

E: his favoriblity is, anyway.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

After years of playing up a "silent majority" on various issues, it turned out that the GOP had their very own silent majority of unapologetic misogynists and racists

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

That's weird because it makes it sound like Assange is an antisemetic Jewish person, which isn't accurate

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

dont even fink about it posted:

Glenn's more or less a libertarian burnout now, but he's still obsessed with false equivalence and doomsaying.

He's been rejected by the alt-right and Breittbart/Drudge crowd to the point where he can barely pay his bills. He sold his 200,000 square foot office in New York and now all but 5 of his employees work from their homes. His unique hits are down by over 50% from 3 years ago. He's trying to make a shift so that he remains relevant somehow and can continue to cash in. Period.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

PT6A posted:

Save for the Mormons, it seems like all the guys in actual elected office are completely OK with Cheeto Benito as long as he'll appoint the SCOTUS judges they want. He was clever to make it clear that he'd let the Heritage Foundation pick his nominees, I guess.

Hillary could probably make them completely capitulate on something by promising to let them pick one SCOTUS judge and then pull it back like Lucy with the football. The trick would, probably, only work once, but I think it WOULD work, once.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

QuarkJets posted:

That's weird because it makes it sound like Assange is an antisemetic Jewish person, which isn't accurate

[citation needed]

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kro-Bar posted:

[citation needed]

Wait, is Assange actually Jewish? Why did he write that antisemitic tweet, then?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spiffster posted:

Polls are looking good but that story took all the skip in my step out and firmly placed me back into :ohdear: territory.
The ACLU will be involved shortly, and the Justice Department likely aren't far behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VignWAanSk4

I can't wait for post-presidency Obama to spend the next 20 years dunking on everyone

• Locked thread