Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
My favorite theory is that Trump wants to be President because it's the only way he would ever be allowed on the ~Social Register~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Has anyone seen Trump get asked the simple question: "Do you think the epidemic of sexual assaults in America and worldwide is an important issue affecting America?"

I mean, we know how he's going to respond to questions about his own sexual assaults. I'd be fascinated to see him try to answer this one effectively in a debate.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this Trump speech is so low energy

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

edrith posted:

At this point American conservatives are John Wayne Gacy Jr.

Michele Bachmann mixing them up was funny, unless she was hinting to her darker side.

quote:

“What I want them to know is, just like John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa, that's the kind of spirit I have too,” Mrs Bachmann told a television interviewer.

flatpack flapjack
Aug 13, 2006

Satan destroys you // but Jesus puts you in a bowl and smokes you

No Butt Stuff posted:

My neighbors replaced their generic Trump/Pence sign with a white one that's personalized "castle family for Trump/Pence"

Was the old sign not good enough?

Guess the old sign wasn't a blatant enough threat of violence.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I really am enjoying the fact that years from now the Trump name will be synonymous with almost bringing America to the brink of fascism. Oh, and also sexual harassment and dumbfuck buffoonery.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

VikingofRock posted:

:stare: Do you feel comfortable expanding on this? I'd be interested in hearing the full story if you want to share.
Related to this: police in Boulder investigated a full-out Nazi group on Facebook that posted a whole lot about killing minorities, and found out it was composed entirely of local high school students, mostly from prep schools. Highlights include:

quote:

A Nazi-themed Facebook group that called for the “execution” of Jews and African Americans has led to the expulsion of five Boulder, Colorado, high school students in an unusual case of “alt-right” hate speech spreading to teens in a liberal city.

About 15 students participated in a “4th Reich’s Official Group Chat” on Facebook, according to a Boulder police report, which said members discussed “killing all Jews and [N-words]” and encouraged each other to “recruit more members so they can complete their ‘mission’.”

Members wrote messages championing “WHITE POWER!”, posted pictures of guns, called a firearm a “[N-word] BLASTER”, used derogatory terms for gay people, joked about “rape memes”, declared that they “must lynch the [N-words]”, and mocked Mexicans, copies of the group’s chats showed.

quote:

The Facebook group, first reported by the local Daily Camera newspaper, was discovered after one of its leaders allegedly committed suicide, reportedly to “show his allegiance to the [Nazi] party and the killing of Jewish people”, a police report said. Officers were also investigating reports that a Boulder Prep high school student was being “threatened and harassed” by classmates.

Participants gave themselves Nazi-themed nicknames, including the Fuhrer, Gruppenfuhrer and Sturmbannführer. They wrote of “the final solution” and the goal to “eradicate all lessers [sic]”, with some writing, “Let’s have fun killing jews” and “You can hang Jews on trees, shoot them right in the knees. Gas as many as you please.”
It was all ironic though, so no harm done!

quote:

At least one student attempted to play down the seriousness of the group, with an officer saying “he informed me that the whole thing was ‘funny’ and he would not actually ever do any of those things”, the report said.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MrBuddyLee posted:

Has anyone seen Trump get asked the simple question: "Do you think the epidemic of sexual assaults in America and worldwide is an important issue affecting America?"

I mean, we know how he's going to respond to questions about his own sexual assaults. I'd be fascinated to see him try to answer this one effectively in a debate.

"I think- So ISIS is very powerful, too powerful. And Clinton created it. I will stop them. Russia wants to kill them. We need to bring back nuclear power so we can make more bombs because Russia has way more, folks, believe me. Way more. Tremendous bombs. Clinton won't test new bombs due to radiation. Global warming is a hoax, and ISIS is using it to scare us."

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy loving poo poo.

My 13 year old nephew had a Trump themed birthday party.

Not posting pictures - they are family, after it all - but for fucks sake...

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

:sever:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Posts like this make me proud to be black. :911:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's this garbage that I hear about Trump wanting Clinton to take a drug test before the 3rd debate because she was too high energy?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

If it wasn't to be sarcastic or in jest:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

:justpost:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

straight up brolic posted:

this Trump speech is so low energy
Trump probably is enervated by the effort it takes to talk in front of a majority-POC crowd and not just start screeching like that dude in Pink Floyd's the Wall.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Your nephew sounds like a cool kid that everyone wants to hang out with

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Wikkheiser posted:

Note Chelsea deals with people like this. Watch how she handles it.

Oh hey surprise, it's Rob Morrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT7fGcRtW5c

What is it with conservatives and the politics of name association/personal familiarity?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

How does that even work?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

PT6A posted:

Why can't he talk like a normal fuckin' person? His words are short and clumsy and his sentences are frequently ungrammatical.

I think it's a mix of him bullshitting 24/7 and he thinks it makes him sound smart in a corporate buzzword sort of way.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Kids these days are experimenting with irony at younger and younger ages.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Did his parents pick the theme, or did he?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

That's like the opposite of a bar mitzvah. Bar deplorability?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Phone posted:

What's this garbage that I hear about Trump wanting Clinton to take a drug test before the 3rd debate because she was too high energy?
Trump said he wants Clinton to take a drug test before the 3rd debate because she was too high energy.

It felt like I hadn't heard any all-new bullshit come out of his mouth in a few days so I guess it had been building up, stacked behind the processing of the sex assault allegations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Artificer posted:

How does that even work?

Cake, gifts, and a rousing game of "Pin the Tinyhands on the Vagina".

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Was it their idea or did the parents make/pressure them? And not even one with faces blocked out or something?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Crow Jane posted:

Something that Garrison Keillor, of all people, brought up in his Trump burn essay was that Donald really, really wants to be accepted into New York high society, which has a fairly sizable Jewish presence. He's likely green with envy that he, a rich white boy, has never quite made it, while those he sees as less pedigreed than him (I mean, c'mon, dude sleeps with Mein Kampf next to his bed) are heavily involved.

This, of course, is due to a vast Jewish conspiracy and not at all the fact that he's an unpleasant, tacky, anti-intellectual nouveau riche boor :downs:

He is a man who had a meltdown when the host of the UK spin off of the Apprentice and long term Trump antagonist Alan Surgar was first knighted and then made a lord.

Oh course it really must have doubly hurt that Sugar is Jewish.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

He was either trolling the poo poo out of his parents by requesting it or his parents are punishing him for something really really bad.

I refuse to believe anyone would do that to their kid willingly.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

dwarf74 posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

His campaign is a cult so this doesn't surprise me

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think the reason the alt. right has latched onto anti-semitism is because it's probably the least-taken seriously form of bigotry. like, it's the one form that even a bunch of the victims thought was basically over, at least in a serious way. So they latched onto it because when you make a jewish conspiracy 'joke,' people just think you're being edgy and aren't actually a monster.

I wonder how much South Park could be blamed for the popularity of anti-semitism among the alt-right. While anti-semitism has been a thing forever, I feel like South Park sort of brought it back into the mainstream and primed some millenials (intentionally or not) to accept these sorts of messages.

I say this as someone who enjoys the show.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
Of course Trump birthday parties are a thing, what planet do think you're on?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Spatula City posted:

It's a problem almost everywhere in the world. at least we're talking about it now here. Not to trivialize the problem, just, you know, I'm sick of America-bashing. I want to get to a place where I can look at my country clear-eyed, but still feel some measure of pride in it, and that doesn't happen if I compare the country to some fantasy future state where everything is the way I want it to be.
Thinking this way is also deeply American-centric, putting no effort into thinking about how things might be elsewhere. It's all, ooooh, American is super-specially the worst at all these things, American invented racism, America is the most homophobic, the most chock-full of insane Christians, etc. Never mind that none of that is true.

What the gently caress are you talking about, you know you're in the US thread and we're talking about local American issues right now.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Small towns especially have a big problem with shaming rape survivors and accusing them of lying. I've run across full grown men who are surprised by the concept that having sex with a really drunk girl is rape and automatically assume that every rape accuser is lying.

Yeah as someone who can't stand big cities, I want to love small towns, but my experience in so many of them has been of running into the most vile, bigoted, sexist, rapey poo poo I've ever seen anywhere. It's weird, too, cuz you'll have one town where stuff is obviously bad news and then the next town over it's a whole different story. It's a uniquely sinking feeling though when you find yourself in some small town where half the kids have visible signs of abuse and PTSD and poo poo, ugh.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

saltylopez posted:

I wonder how much South Park could be blamed for the popularity of anti-semitism among the alt-right. While anti-semitism has been a thing forever, I feel like South Park sort of brought it back into the mainstream and primed some millenials (intentionally or not) to accept these sorts of messages.

South Park, doing irreparable damage to our political discourse? Why I never.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Skinty McEdger posted:

He is a man who had a meltdown when the host of the UK spin off of the Apprentice and long term Trump antagonist Alan Surgar was first knighted and then made a lord.

Oh course it really must have doubly hurt that Sugar is Jewish.

is there a video of this meltdown?

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.

saltylopez posted:

I feel like the jokey anti-semitism in South Park was something that half the audience got and was like "haha that's funny how hosed up that is" and the other half of the audience was like "haha yeah Jews sure are greedy and manipulative". The second half then went on to go meme on 4chan.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The alt right is the end result of people wanting to be Cartman

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lozzle posted:

South Park, doing irreparable damage to our political discourse? Why I never.

it turns out that both sides of matt stone and trey parker are bad

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nessus posted:

Trump probably is enervated by the effort it takes to talk in front of a majority-POC crowd and not just start screeching like that dude in Pink Floyd's the Wall.

Out of all the bizarre bullshit this year, the one thing I expected the least was a candidate for the Presidency of the United States to be compared to Floyd "Pink" Pinkerton. :stare:

Agrajag posted:

I really am enjoying the fact that years from now the Trump name will be synonymous with almost bringing America to the brink of fascism. Oh, and also sexual assault and dumbfuck buffoonery.

ftfy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tweet is gone, what was it?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

To "blame" South Park for anti-semitism among any population oversimplifies an incredibly complex and storied problem that is beyond any one television show.

That having been said yeah some of its fans take it too seriously. But I would think of South Park as a symptom, not a cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FlamingLiberal posted:

Tweet is gone, what was it?

Less-detailed version of this:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/787442955812569088

• Locked thread