Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Help Im Alive posted:

When's Max Payne 4

I like Max Payne. But hopefully never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

future of burgundy looking uncertain. england declared war on scotland, which dragged france into it, and while they were busy i declared war on england to take some provinces in north france that england held. well now france is furious because they wanted those english territories, so they broke our alliance and now austria wants an alliance because they hate france. BUT WAIT because the king of brittany is about to die without an heir and austria and i are going to be dragged into a succession war as we both have a royal marriage. :eyepop:

it turns out eu4 rules and i can see why people think stellaris doesn't have enough going on. i still like it though

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

https://twitter.com/VOOK64/status/787668511300517890

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't wait for Rockstar to announce Table Tennis 2.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
They're actually porting GTA5 to the Virtual Boy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

I can't wait for Rockstar to announce Table Tennis 2.

Table tennis is the only rockstar game I like so I would be into this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody else see this youtube channel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBiIWuQNQHU

the guy makes super polished internet documentaries about the real life history of common guns in video games.
probably went insane from living on knife crime island. but his voice is well suited.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm hangin on the edge of my seat for more Burgundy updates!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

anybody else see this youtube channel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBiIWuQNQHU

the guy makes super polished internet documentaries about the real life history of common guns in video games.
probably went insane from living on knife crime island. but his voice is well suited.

He also does hour long documentaries about video game history. Like Doom.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I tried watching his video on Quake and this guy is way too in love with his own voice.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Great Joe posted:

I tried watching his video on Quake and this guy is way too in love with his own voice.

My problem with almost all of them is either that, or that they sound like some kind of even more annoying Zach Braff.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am gathering that maybe I should skip ahead to Mega Man II and come back to the original later.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am gathering that maybe I should skip ahead to Mega Man II and come back to the original later.

If you do that, just keep in mind that the Quick Man stage and several of the Dr. Wily levels are also going to have punishing difficulty. I still think they're all worth playing, but if you start getting frustrated, I still use save states when I'm playing some of the original series, but I can very easily beat Mega Man X without losing a life. I don't take damage for three stages. There's that much of a difference in difficulty.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

2 and 3 are deffo the best, i don't think 1 is really skip worthy though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think I ever beat 9 or 10. One of these days I should go back and try. I like easy games these, though, where I can just collect stuff, level up, and earn virtual prizes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'd be down for a redo of The Warriors from Rockstar. I cannot believe it's been eleven years since that game, drat I'm getting old.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

future of burgundy looking uncertain. england declared war on scotland, which dragged france into it, and while they were busy i declared war on england to take some provinces in north france that england held. well now france is furious because they wanted those english territories, so they broke our alliance and now austria wants an alliance because they hate france. BUT WAIT because the king of brittany is about to die without an heir and austria and i are going to be dragged into a succession war as we both have a royal marriage. :eyepop:

it turns out eu4 rules and i can see why people think stellaris doesn't have enough going on. i still like it though

Yeah. And in some ways EU4 is the historic paradox game with the least going on; CK2 has actual characters running every country for you to have assignations with or to send your inbred cousin to so their next leader will be awful. Stellaris is just... a 4x game.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

I'd be down for a redo of The Warriors from Rockstar. I cannot believe it's been eleven years since that game, drat I'm getting old.

I bought The Warriors and Shadow of the Colossus at the same time and it was a hell of a double-feature bouncing between a slow, contemplative open-world art game and a colorful 70s street brawler.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

Welp, it looks like it might really be happening.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/57set2/holy_shit_its_red_dead_retribution_error_in

EDIT: The image got taken down. It was probably fake. poo poo.

WITNESS THE POWER! fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 16, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Oh hell yeah

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That clearly says Fred Dead Retribution.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Red Dead Redemption was probably one of the best games of last gen, holy poo poo that game ruled.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BillBear posted:

Red Dead Redemption was probably one of the best games of last gen, holy poo poo that game ruled.

One time I got hammered playing liar's dice. Played for like 3 hours. Forgot I was playing a game inside a game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

c'mon Space Station Silicon Valley 2... :pray:

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Snak posted:

One time I got hammered playing liar's dice. Played for like 3 hours. Forgot I was playing a game inside a game.

The amount of poo poo to do in that game was great. And the ending was loving amazing. I think the one issue many had with it was the pacing but that was it.

Even the bugs were good. :allears:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all the missions in red dead redemption were insanely boring but everything else about the game was top notch. my friend and i would just roam around online collecting bounties and it was so good

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just confirmed that you can build a room entirely out of doors in DQB.

Yes it's amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I booted up zero mission today because I've got the hankering and I think tonight is finally the day I crack a sub 60 run. The speedrun path is pretty straight forward but there's one trick I can't do that adds like 10 minutes to my time, and also like 10+ minutes just because I can't move with the exact precision runners use to shave half seconds off of each room but I think I could pull off the hour run

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I believe in you

I still haven't played that Metroid 2 remake, I should get around to that at some point

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My only worry with Red Dead is they might screw up free aim like they did in GTAV.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If the new Red Dead game comes to PC and the shooting controls like Max Payne 3 it will be the best third person shooter of all time. If the shooting controls like GTA 5 it's gonna suck.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Home sick all weekend so I made it through Yakuza 1. It gets a little more janky towards the end of the game with some of the enemy types (the kung-fu guys that flip all over the place and the guys with guns are just super annoying) but I'm glad I saw it through. I'm disappointed I didn't see more of the crazy eyepatch guy.

Also started Yakuza 2- the controls during fighting feel tighter somehow. It's also way easier to line up heat move since it seems to be a lot less specific about where you need to be to start one up.

Translation seems a lot more natural in this one as well- I guess it would have been nice if they would have given English voice acting another shot (it's really bad in the first game) but subs are fine for me.

Also not sure if it's the emulator or what but they seem to have really gone nuts with the Soap Opera Filter in this one in certain cutscenes

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm sticking it out with Mega Man 1 and I took down Bomb Man. Seems like any level without a stupid platform puzzle gimmick is extremely doable.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is there a decent non-virused Pokémon reference app (locations, moves, strengths/weaknesses, etc) for Android? Kind of annoying having to go to Bulbapedia for anything because Wikia websites run like rear end on my phone.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm sticking it out with Mega Man 1 and I took down Bomb Man. Seems like any level without a stupid platform puzzle gimmick is extremely doable.

The key, in my opinion, is to abuse savestates when you get to the yellow golem.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hooray, beat DKC Tropical Freeze, or at least as much of it as I'm willing to beat (got all puzzle pieces and unlocked hard mode). Looking forward to never playing this god drat game ever again.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The Mega Man 1 boss gaunlet sucked. Pretty sure this is was the only game (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) that the game didn't drop a fat energy pellet when you killed a boss.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Hooray, beat DKC Tropical Freeze, or at least as much of it as I'm willing to beat (got all puzzle pieces and unlocked hard mode). Looking forward to never playing this god drat game ever again.

what why it's a super good game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello games chat thread

KCB & I are going to make chip butties and chicken

What is everybody else having?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Country Time pink lemonade with red wine in it.

• Locked thread