Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot if I found this one IT:

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/786963073722703872

Can anybody parse what the hell they are talking about? I know it's insane, but what are they even saying?

Most obviously: if this is really from that part of the campaign in charge of analyzing polling and communicating the results - are they really sufficiently delusional to consider the LA Times poll somehow authoritative, beyond the aggregated polls?
Is there any indication they have polls of their own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

We really need a smoking gun emote for all these wikileaks that are showing Hillary for the monster she is.

e: I guess we already do. :downsgun: Carry on.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Cingulate posted:

Can anybody parse what the hell they are talking about? I know it's insane, but what are they even saying?

Most obviously: if this is really from that part of the campaign in charge of analyzing polling and communicating the results - are they really sufficiently delusional to consider the LA Times poll somehow authoritative, beyond the aggregated polls?
Is there any indication they have polls of their own?

What you're looking at is someone who is fantastically good at losing money via lovely investment strategies applying their idiocy to a general election

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
So Donny woke up this morning and just unleashed hate on SNL. The question is, was it the cold opening or this goddamn beautiful piece of future US election history that set him off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBL7kuzvsg

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ocrumsprug posted:

We really need a smoking gun emote for all these wikileaks that are showing Hillary for the monster she is.

Jesus that actually makes her sound so human, who hasn't wanted to laugh at Silvio Berlesconi?

Why aren't the campaign releasing these and making sure people know which bits are real? Because it sounds like you could have a hell of a lot of fun with them.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

ZobarStyl posted:

So Donny woke up this morning and just unleashed hate on SNL. The question is, was it the cold opening or this goddamn beautiful piece of future US election history that set him off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBL7kuzvsg

It's a Beyonce spoof, before anyone comes in and says "hurf durf don't get it"

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Wikileaks is basically helping her get elected at this point.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Saw these deleted tweets floating around, have they been discussed before? From the 2012 election and gives a taste for his reaction to election results

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-twitter-obama-win-re-election-2012-11

About a step back from talking about an armed insurrection

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

These beliefs are barely constituted by the thought that the extreme left and the extreme right, by nature of extremity, have the same tendencies. Only an privileged centrist who made his life out of avoiding getting called out for his beliefs actually believes this.

You can have contradictory views that flip both left and right to mislead the public, but they are not realist ones in any sense. You just have an ideology with filter applied to it.

Let's try this again:

If allowing fascists to run for office or spread their message is all that it takes for the fascists to take power, then the country has already hurtled past whatever "We'll only ban the bad ideologies" paradise you imagine. The erstwhile fascist supporters will not disappear (unless your plan is more genocide than suppression...), but will take the mechanisms you created to silence their dissent and use those against their enemies.

Typically, these enemies will be any groups struggling for civil rights. And it will work because a group still struggling for civil rights is, by definition, one that lacks the power and support to protect itself through the State.

But sure, privileged centrist cowards or whatever :jerkbag:

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
Hostility to the bill of rights as a leftist is suicidal, and doesn't make any drat sense. Free speech has been the life-blood of American left activism.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zwabu posted:

Unfortunately I expect the Fox News debate to be a shitshow and a hit job on Clinton. Consider how the first Fox GOP primary debate was a total attempt to assassinate Trump's candidacy to what Fox can try when they have an agenda.

I hope it's equally successful, though.

It probably won't be any worse than the bullshit Matt Lauer pulled at the foreign policy forum.

Zwabu posted:

And gently caress everyone who finds zoo-going moonbase building Newt adorable. He'd happily be Redneck Goebbels.

Zoos on the moon Gingrich is adorable. It's just a pity that that part is subordinate to the advocate of civilization, definer of civilization, teacher of the rules of civilization, organizer of the pro-civilization activists, and leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

Zoos on the moon Gingrich is adorable. It's just a pity that that part is subordinate to the advocate of civilization, definer of civilization, teacher of the rules of civilization, organizer of the pro-civilization activists, and leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces.

Always wondered: did Pierce come up with that and zombie eyed granny starver on his own?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The 404.php thing reminded me: What's quietly been a hugeyooge factor in Clinton's ground game is her tech team. They have been incredible, from the snappy Twitter replies all the way down to the subtle things on website design. These are people who actually grew up in tech and understand modern internet culture (gods help them). New blood is the kind of thing that revitalizes a party; even if they're just in it for the money, there's still an admission that that money is a very important part of expenditures.

Granted I'm in IT so I'm biased as to the importance :allears: But I'm still pretty impressed.

Cingulate posted:

No. These are the ravings of an obvious schizophrenic.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Saw these deleted tweets floating around, have they been discussed before? From the 2012 election and gives a taste for his reaction to election results

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-twitter-obama-win-re-election-2012-11

Didn't Obama win the popular vote though?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

This thing is a goldmine:

quote:

Trump, perhaps inspired by the success of John Casablancas in earned media, decided to turn the ending of his first marriage into a Greek Tragedy for the ages. New personas were created in the form of “publicists” that sounded uncannily like Donald Trump himself. These personas called reporters to scoop them on salacious details of his exploits. Trump and/or his alter ego/”publicist” would all page 6 reporter Liz Smith and others incessantly to let them know that Mr. Trump, while still technically married, and already carrying on a serious relationship with his mistress, was nonetheless the object of unbridled desire by the most beautiful women on the planet, who he apparently had to beat off with a stick. Madonna was chasing him around like a dog in heat. He was bedding “literally dozens” of models-a different one every day of the week. Kim Bassinger was among his many conquests. And Carla Bruni-at the time one of the most high-profile supermodels in the world-was pursuing him to the point that restraining orders might end up necessary. Such was the sexual magnetism of “The Donald” in the late 80’s, early 90’s-to hear him publicist John Barron say it.

Of course the fake publicist ruse eventually caught up with him. Page 6 reporters were all too familiar with the voice of Donald Trump, as was Marla Maples who they played the tape for to confirm. And eventually Trump would admit that the story about Carla Bruni was really just a way to get his long suffering mistress jealous. And yet despite the fact that the ostensible relationship was entirely fictional, Trump has continued to act like he did in fact have an affair with Carla Bruni. As recently as 2008, in an interview with Howard Stern-he played coy when asked about his past dalliances with Bruni (who went on to become the first lady of France after marrying Nicholas Sarkozy) and made the now infamous comment about her less than impressive breasts-saying “very hard to be a 10 when you’re flat chested.”

Bruni, for her part, vehemently denied that she was ever romantically involved with Trump, and said she felt “humiliated” by the story. Indeed she had a very different account of their one and only encounter. As she remembered it, while in New York for a charity event Donald Trump tracked her down at her hotel and tried to get in her pants. Thoroughly uninterested and annoyed, Carla would ultimately trick Trump into paying for a masters suite in the hotel where she was staying-a suite where Carla and her friends spent the next few days ordering room service and gloating over the way they fooled the ‘King of Tacky.’

She speculated it may have been in retaliation for her rejection that Trump planted the story that they were romantically involved. A year later she would sum up the entire scandal in one perfect sentence- “Trump has obviously always been a lunatic”

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Luna Was Here posted:

When they called the race, Romney was ahead in popular vote.

Also:
https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/787692391855775744

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

He mistakenly thought Obama had lost the popular vote because west coast votes had not been officially tallied yet, even though those states were safe blue.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Geoff Peterson posted:

Let's try this again:

If allowing fascists to run for office or spread their message is all that it takes for the fascists to take power, then the country has already hurtled past whatever "We'll only ban the bad ideologies" paradise you imagine. The erstwhile fascist supporters will not disappear (unless your plan is more genocide than suppression...), but will take the mechanisms you created to silence their dissent and use those against their enemies.

Typically, these enemies will be any groups struggling for civil rights. And it will work because a group still struggling for civil rights is, by definition, one that lacks the power and support to protect itself through the State.

But sure, privileged centrist cowards or whatever :jerkbag:

They have to run for office and/or get elected first before every two-bit wannabe dictator realizes the government can be a black box for their utopian fantasies. And at that point, you're not some champion of free speech and the integrity of the US government. You're just Cato the Younger.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
One day, when a younger person asks me when exactly I knew beyond any doubt that Trump was going to lose, I'll say 'Tiff Maples'.
https://gfycat.com/EagerExhaustedChimneyswift

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Maybe we should take a que from the Achaemenid empire and make it a capital offence to lie or obfuscate in high office. That'd help sort out the bad side of freedom of speech.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

My favorite is "The loser one!"

He means "the loser won" :ssh:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

How in the Hell did he manage to get this far when it is so easy to dig up horrific stories about him and his crimes?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

iospace posted:

When they called the race, Romney was ahead in popular vote.

Also:
https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/787692391855775744

Out of curiosity, what makes old people so goddamn racist fearful of everything? I saw an interview CNN was doing of some wrinkled old white pieces of poo poo in Florida, and they were uniformly acting like increasing the amount of legal immigration was somehow going to be deeply harmful to the US. Where did this idea come from? Immigrants tend to be educated and economically successful. I can understand being afraid of their impact on the labour market, even if I don't think it's a good argument for shutting the border, but why would you be scared of that if you're already retired? Tax paying legal immigrants are the only way the government can afford to keep sending you money, you ancient, befuddled halfwits!

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Periodiko posted:

Hostility to the bill of rights as a leftist is suicidal, and doesn't make any drat sense. Free speech has been the life-blood of American left activism.

The Bill of Rights was a machination of the South and henceforth endorsed slavery. The people who defend it are either Jeffersonian in a vague sense or subscribe to the idea of historical inevitability.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

citybeatnik posted:

Always wondered: did Pierce come up with that and zombie eyed granny starver on his own?

Zombie eyed granny starver is Pierce, but the Gingrich thing is pure Newt

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Geostomp posted:

How in the Hell did he manage to get this far when it is so easy to dig up horrific stories about him and his crimes?

He literally wouldn't allow his campaign to do oppo on him.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mahoning posted:

My favorite is "The loser one!"

He means "the loser won" :ssh:
Mine is this trend:

"We should have a revolution in this country"

"We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty."

"Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice!"

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

DonCheeto peaking on his morning bump?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mahoning posted:

He literally wouldn't allow his campaign to do oppo on him.

Why didn't they do it anyway and just not tell him about it? He's obviously not that hard to outwit.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PT6A posted:

Why didn't they do it anyway and just not tell him about it? He's obviously not that hard to outwit.

Would you want to do more work than you had to for this campaign?

He's obviously not going to pay you.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

PT6A posted:

Out of curiosity, what makes old people so goddamn racist fearful of everything? I saw an interview CNN was doing of some wrinkled old white pieces of poo poo in Florida, and they were uniformly acting like increasing the amount of legal immigration was somehow going to be deeply harmful to the US. Where did this idea come from? Immigrants tend to be educated and economically successful. I can understand being afraid of their impact on the labour market, even if I don't think it's a good argument for shutting the border, but why would you be scared of that if you're already retired? Tax paying legal immigrants are the only way the government can afford to keep sending you money, you ancient, befuddled halfwits!

People fear change. People want things to be the way things were when they were younger. For the current aging population, this includes a whiter America (which is where I imagine the bulk of the hatred comes from).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PT6A posted:

They lived in the 50s and 60s when those "uppity n*****s" were around, and now they're back in BLM.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/787694932643475456

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Geostomp posted:

His fellow republicans didn't bother in the primary.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

duz posted:

His fellow republicans didn't bother in the primary.

Why bother when he says disqualifying things?

Right?

RIGHT? OH GODS HE'S WINNING poo poo WHAT NOW?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

PT6A posted:

And then what? It's literally impossible to keep him on message.

"Donald, here is how you respond to any of this coming out, pivot the discussion to Clinton's emails and Benghazi"

"Call them fat pigs, you say? Got it!"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

PT6A posted:

Fear of death. They externalize the knowledge of their impending death as the death of the whole world

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'd show the Hillary Clinton internals I am privy too but we were kind of drunk and drew some dickbutts on the same page, too NSFW sorry folks

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

iospace posted:

They lived in the 50s and 60s when those "uppity n*****s" were around, and now they're back in BLM.

That and they grew up in the Cold War era where paranoia and hatred of the Other was the order of the day.

illcendiary posted:

People fear change. People want things to be the way things were when they were younger. For the current aging population, this includes a whiter America (which is where I imagine the bulk of the hatred comes from).

This too. They know they are becoming irrelevant as the world changes in ways they don't understand, so the latch onto the party that claims it'll make all those nasty different things go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

iospace posted:

RIGHT? OH GODS HE'S WINNING poo poo WHAT NOW?

Stay cool! We want his voters to go to us and not one of the other guys so don't insult him, just take it and eventually his supporters will float away.

• Locked thread