Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Wait, so where the hell did stuff like Vegeta saying Goku's father was "an average fighter but a brilliant scientist" originate from then? These Spanish scripts?

That wasn't Funimation that was another group that similarly did not have complete scripts and had to censor poo poo to hell and back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Raxivace posted:

Wait, so where the hell did stuff like Vegeta saying Goku's father was "an average fighter but a brilliant scientist" originate from then? These Spanish scripts?

I think that was Ocean Group. There's also a bit in that scene where in the Funi dub, after Vegeta transforms, Goku realises that he (Goku) was the one who squashed Grandpa Gohan when he transformed as a kid and his friends never told him, but in the Ocean version, he sees giant ape Vegeta and goes, "He must be the one who squashed my grandpa!"

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think that was Ocean Group. There's also a bit in that scene where in the Funi dub, after Vegeta transforms, Goku realises that he (Goku) was the one who squashed Grandpa Gohan when he transformed as a kid and his friends never told him, but in the Ocean version, he sees giant ape Vegeta and goes, "He must be the one who squashed my grandpa!"

That was the Rock the Dragon dub, which FUNimation had a part in making along with the Ocean Group voice actors.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
watching Cooler's Revenge right now, and I'm wondering if this movie depicts the timeline where Goku warped to earth and killed Frieza, before he gets a heart virus tho. Cooler keeps implying King Cold is still alive, I think. I'm only in the beginning of this tho.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the movies don't fit into canon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cooler is the closest one to doing so besides Bojack, and it's still super iffy.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
When I was younger, I thought Cooler was cooler than Freeza. As an adult, I know know that Freezers are much cooler than Coolers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

But where does Frost fit in?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ImpAtom posted:

But where does Frost fit in?

Frost bites.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what happened to friezas son

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

Frost bites.

that's cold

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rodyle posted:

the movies don't fit into canon

Movie five is one of the only two that do fit into canon if you stretch it a little.

It would fit after trunks arrives but before the androids do. The only thing that doesn't fit is them mentions of king cold which you could arguably chalk up to Cooler not having been informed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nah, it's just Chilled.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So when does the new Super episode usually air?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rirse posted:

So when does the new Super episode usually air?

It aired Friday like it always does.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Caros posted:

Movie five is one of the only two that do fit into canon if you stretch it a little.

It would fit after trunks arrives but before the androids do. The only thing that doesn't fit is them mentions of king cold which you could arguably chalk up to Cooler not having been informed.

the timeline where Trunks never arrived. the Goku of movie five is gonna die of a heart virus in the future of movie 5.

Timeline shenanigans might be why Gohan randomly has his tail again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm watching with bad subs, but
Bulma is telling kid Trunks not to try and help because Goku will find a way to win, and Vegeta accidentally heard that.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I liked the brief moment of reanimated Dragonball Classic :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2tKIGfNAo

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Blue Star posted:

That was the Rock the Dragon dub, which FUNimation had a part in making along with the Ocean Group voice actors.

I'm pretty sure the scripts were all Funimation, and they just outsourced the voice acting at the time, until bringing it in studio with the more current voice cast.

For whatever reason, early on Funi liked to add stuff, and that's outside of the things they edited for television. Like cat loves cat food, yeah yeah yeah.

Goku practicing the mafuba on Sea Turtle broke my loving heart.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mafuba confirmed

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You monsters, treating Turtle that way. Zamasu did nothing wrong.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not the best episode and definitely a budget saver, but Goku going back to Roshi to learn is really nice. I love that Super goes back to its roots.

Poor Turtle :(. Some definite fusion teasing there too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goku training under Roshi again, even just for a little while like that, made me smile

Vegeta sure has something to prove now though

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Vegeta sure has something to prove now though

Well maybe Bulmas comment made Vegita reflect on himself and the decisions he has made in his life. He wasn't exactly the most useful against Frieza, and actively helped Cell and Buu. His only moment of victory was when he was part of Goku.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bulma is just too genre savvy.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i liked the part where Bulma became the legendary super human god super human and destroyed Beerus and Vegeta's manhood

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Trunks is so pissed off that he lost his nose:

Maybe Black took it from him with instantaneous movement.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The highest level of Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan...Krillin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jedah posted:

Trunks is so pissed off that he lost his nose:

Maybe Black took it from him with instantaneous movement.

He learned much from Krillin.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hahaha I had forgotten Piccolo knew the mafuba too. Poor dude didn't get a chance to show it off again. Goku going back to Roshi for some training was nice though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Hahaha I had forgotten Piccolo knew the mafuba too. Poor dude didn't get a chance to show it off again. Goku going back to Roshi for some training was nice though.

To be fair, Piccolo technically only knows the reverse mafuba. I hope Zamasu isn't as clever as Piccolo :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Everyone else at Bulma's was ready to see it, tho, i'm sure they all saw him do it and were very impressed and proud of Piccolo and Gohan recorded it so he could show Pan when she wakes up tomorrow.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Trunks seems to do the Galick Gun in the preview, as well as appearing to do Final Flash again in the episode. He has to do the Big Bang Attack before we're done. Masenko as well!

I like how Bulma is probably the only person who can make Beerus show even a little shame, and even then he almost brushed it off.

What a brilliant bit highlighting Vegeta's development now. He still wants to be the strongest, it just the motivation that changed. It's really good how much they are leaving unsaid but apparent. As mentioned, Trunks doesn't say his idea is to fight as Gotenks, but you think that and think of Vegetto/Gogeta. I suppose they could borrow Potara from one of the Kaio, the problem is that Zamasu and Black can fuse themselves whenever they want and with less reason to hesitate. Zamaku/Gokasu or whatever probably wouldn't even have the double voice. It's actually a tad inconsistent that Black speaks with Goku's voice, but obviously the mystery element wouldn't have worked then.

Rutibex posted:

I liked the brief moment of reanimated Dragonball Classic :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2tKIGfNAo

Yeah, that actually seemed to have more animation budget than the stuff framing it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Vegeta needs to humiliate Black and give Trunks the kill. That's how I want all this to end.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

BizarroAzrael posted:

Trunks seems to do the Galick Gun in the preview, as well as appearing to do Final Flash again in the episode. He has to do the Big Bang Attack before we're done. Masenko as well!

Maybe then he could try some moves that actually work.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

BizarroAzrael posted:

the problem is that Zamasu and Black can fuse themselves whenever they want and with less reason to hesitate. Zamaku/Gokasu or whatever probably wouldn't even have the double voice.

If Immortal Zamasu and Black fused, would they become an immortal being, or would they default back to being mortal again?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Okay I'm wondering how they are going to get around not using Mafuba every time they fight.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like how Bulma housebroke the kitty successfully.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Okay I'm wondering how they are going to get around not using Mafuba every time they fight.

They've never fought someone evil before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku also loves a battle, so sealing someone away means he can never fight them again. this was a good episode, I bet Gowasu will use a Time Ring to stop himself from selecting Zamasu as an apprentice to try and change the timeline

• Locked thread