Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

To: xenia

THE MEANING OF DONALD TRUMP'S NAME AND SURNAME

Recently numerous news websites have published articles on the pre-immigration spelling of Donald Trump's surname, Drumpf. They correctly point out that the English translation of this German word is trump card; ironic given the man's heavy involvement with gambling enterprises. But the real origin of Trump's name is less bombastic.

Donald: Trump's forename is Scottish. His mother, born Mary Anne MacLeod, immigrated to the United States from Stornoway, a large, sparsely-populated island off the coast of Scotland. Mary had an older brother, Donald MacLeod, and grandfather, Donald Smith. Donald is an Anglicization of the Scottish Gaelic name, Domhanll, which means world-ruler.

John: Trump's middle name is the English derivative of the Hebrew name, Yohanan, which means Graced by Yahweh. Yahweh was a god in the pantheon of the ancient Canaanite religion and later the monotheistic god of the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Trump: Donald Trump's father was a German immigrant. When he arrived in the United States, he spelled his surname, Drumpf, but Anglicized it to Trump. His earliest known ancestor was a lawyer, Hans Drumpf. This shifting of d to t in German has been common, e.g. vader (English: father). Drumpf is a corruption of Trumpf, which is derived from the German word, trumme, meaning drummer. It is likely that one of Trump's paternal ancestors was a military drummer, used set marching pace and communicate other orders.

Thus Donald Trump's full name literally means: the ruler of the world, graced by God and a descendant of a drummer.

hxxp://forebears.io/news/the-meaning-of-donald-trumps-name-and-surname

8 posted on 10/15/2016, 2:05:25 PM by stars & stripes forever (Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. Psalm 33:12)

:lol: My dad is named Donald, I guess that means he's the ruler of the world as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

:lol: My dad is named Donald, I guess that means he's the ruler of the world as well.

Donald Duck, Übermensch.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

change my name posted:

Donald Duck, Übermensch.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Donald Trump has turned to scorched-earth campaigning. It could affect a lot more than the election posted by freeper Mariner

the article posted:

As he fell further behind in polls and battled allegations of sexual misconduct in recent days, Donald Trump moved to darker corners. He sketched out conspiracies involving global bankers, casually threatened to jail his political opponent, and warned in increasingly specific terms that a loss by him would spell the end of civilization.

The distrust of U.S. institutions that Trump has nurtured among his core supporters is readily apparent.

One North Carolina man predicted in an interview that the military would probably assassinate Hillary Clinton if she’s elected president. A woman at an Iowa town hall for Trump’s running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, offered to join a revolution if Clinton prevails. Another man at an Ocala, Fla., rally was certain Trump would fire the FBI and scores of other federal bureaucrats in a housecleaning if he wins.

Many who have watched Trump’s campaign warn that the spread of such ideas may be only the beginning. The scorched-earth strategy Trump has adopted risks creating a lasting and bitter divide in American society, they say.

“It is going to have consequences,” said Charlie Sykes, a conservative radio host in Wisconsin who has raised alarms about the Republican Party’s identity crisis. “Somebody referred to this as civic vandalism: the paranoia, the injection of the conspiracy theories that there are dark forces that somehow are going to rob him of this election.”

quote:

The left is genuinely afraid of us.

I'm OK with that.

1 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:22:42 AM by Mariner

quote:

To: Mariner

FU Charlie Sykes! That's why you're quitting your pathetic show because conservatives have abandoned you.

All of what Trump is saying is true. We are at a watershed here folks. If Clinton wins, it's lights out for the U.S.

I for one will never submit to any global or federal authority, and there's a lot of old dogs who aren't going to lie down as well.

6 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:27:45 AM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (TRUMP THAT BEYOTCH!)

quote:

Its ALL Trump’s fault. Playing politics by telling the truth and genuinely caring about what he is doing?

Simply appalling to people who continually live their lives as a manipulative lie.

10 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:28:38 AM by Delta 21 (Patiently waiting for the jack booted kick at my door.)

quote:

Someone got the memo from the DNC ....sure are a number of stories like this in the past 2 days.

11 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:29:51 AM by BookmanTheJanitor

quote:

What is that I smell in the air?

It smells like... desperation.

The desperation of the Left to have their monopoly on media and governance. And it’s slipping, slipping away...

22 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:39:05 AM by Dr.Deth

quote:

“The distrust of U.S. institutions that Trump has nurtured among his core supporters is readily apparent.”

The truth hurts. It hasn’t been nurtured, the Truth has only been allowed to be expressed through Trump.

They are so mad that if Hitlery gets in the overdue, intense and well deserved hate and vitriol directed to the media, bureaucrats, government workers, leftist instiutions, and politicians will be unstoppable. This movement will make black lives matter look like a picnic.

The only way out for the Satanic elites appears to be war. They are already blaming Russia for everything, and Hitlery has said that she would respond with a military response to a cyberattack. Then she would move on her opponents as pro-Russian.

Since these evil bastards are so into projection, I wouldn’t be surprised if the US cyber attacked Russia and/or the US government false flags America, or parts of it with a cyber attack so they could stop the elections.

28 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:40:24 AM by grumpygresh (We don't have Democrats and Republicans, we have the Faustian uni-party)

:stare:

quote:

To: justlurking

The idea of California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Massachusetts, R.I., Maryland, Maine, Vermont, New Jersey, N.H. Connecticut and Delaware being scotched into a sea of glass is exhilarating. Oh, wait, they are just talking about it figuratively. Never mind.

29 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:40:34 AM by Eleven Bravo 6 319thID

quote:

Liberty or death. Bring it on commie scum.

38 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:48:50 AM by mrmeyer (You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him. Robert Heinlein)

quote:

To: JimSEA

Of course. Trump wanted to talk about American issues, but liberal trolls kept changing subjects attacking Trump in some kind of WWF 11 year old sht talk. And now they complain when Trump hit back?

The retard in the classroom who is caught or cannot figure the subject always attacks the teacher or other classmates, making it the new subject.

The media and Hillary are no better than your zotted troll moron destroying the threads

47 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:52:58 AM by JudgemAll (Democrats Fed. job-security Whorocracy & hate:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucified)

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

I won’t say it’s lights out for the US but it will be Civil War 2.

They will IMO immediately begin to severely limit gun ownership and eventually start kicking down doors of gun owners who don’t register. I’m certain that hILLary has in her mind the complete disarmament of US gun owners before the end of her first term.

56 posted on 10/16/2016, 10:09:01 AM by Ouderkirk (To the left, everything must evidence that this or that strand of leftist theory is true)

And the thread summary,

quote:

The left’s “scorched earth” really means, “Waaaaaaaah, no fair, Trump’s hitting baaaccckkkk!...waaaaaaahhhhhhhh”.

They are used to their opponents folding up into a fetal ball and remains quiet. Trump is having none of it.

59 posted on 10/16/2016, 10:11:36 AM by FrankR (You're only enslaved to the extent of the charity that you receive!)

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

quote:

quote:
To: justlurking

The idea of California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, Massachusetts, R.I., Maryland, Maine, Vermont, New Jersey, N.H. Connecticut and Delaware being scotched into a sea of glass is exhilarating. Oh, wait, they are just talking about it figuratively. Never mind.

29 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:40:34 AM by Eleven Bravo 6 319thID

This is basically saying, "I hope most of the US population and economy dies."

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Minenfeld! posted:

This is basically saying, "I hope most of the US population and economy dies."

No, no, he said scotched. They're just going to get blackout drunk after this election and drop their glasses all over the floor.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So now there's been a firebombing at a GOP headquarters in North Carolina.

Can't wait to seem them utterly condemn this as the greatest act of vile evil ever with no self-awareness about these threats whatsoever.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Geostomp posted:

Can't wait to seem them utterly condemn this as the greatest act of vile evil ever with no self-awareness about these threats whatsoever.

A real attack! And they've cried wolf so many times about ACORN and the New Black Panther Party that nobody will give a poo poo :fap:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Let's not go applauding this, though: firebombing ain't good poo poo, even when happening to GOP headquarters. Seriously, I hope they catch whoever did it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mors Rattus posted:

Let's not go applauding this, though: firebombing ain't good poo poo, even when happening to GOP headquarters. Seriously, I hope they catch whoever did it.

It's tactically inappropriate

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Geostomp posted:

I'm personally hoping for it being a false flag, but only because that'd be funny, not because I think that's what actually happened here.

You all know what freep is thinking.

From Republican HQ in Orange County firebombed, vandalized, police say posted by freeper oblomov

Let's start it out classy

quote:

To: oblomov

But the Magic Nazi at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is a-ok.

6 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:51:14 PM by MichaelCorleone (Jesus Christ is not a religion. He's the Truth.)

quote:

Proving once again that Democrats aren’t just the opposition party; they are the enemy.

9 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:54:00 PM by windsorknot

quote:

Republicans never do “false flag” operations, so this is real.

11 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:56:29 PM by ConservativeMind ("Humane" = "Don't pen up pets or eat meat, but allow infanticides, abortion, and euthanasia.")

quote:

Hillary had a meeting on October 9th to placate and thank Black Lives Matter for being useful idiots, this is after all coverage ceased on mainstream media. No doubt promises of patronage for upper management in BLM.

But this...how does she rein in the Marxist anarchists?

13 posted on 10/16/2016, 1:00:02 PM by Fitzy_888 ("ownership society")

quote:

It began a long time ago..this is what the left does..call EVERYONE they disagree with a Nazi and either banish them or kill them..its the Clinton motto..I wonder if CNN, FOX NEWS, or MSDNC will report on this I doubt it

18 posted on 10/16/2016, 1:08:49 PM by Sarah Barracuda

It's above the fold on CNN's front page, but it's buried on Fox News' and isn't anywhere on the MSNBC front page.

With original formatting. Underlined things were links.

quote:

Hey Everybody!!

It's time for the "[And] [So] It Begins" drinking game! Every time someone posts the ominous, dire and spooky

"[And] [So] It Begins"

- we take a drink!!

And so it begins....
And So It Begins.....
And so It begins
And so It begins
And So It Begins....
And so it begins
And so it begins.
And so it begins...
And so it begins.
And so it begins...
So it begins...
And so it begins.
And so it begins:
And so it begins.
So it begins,
So it begins.
And so it begins
and so it begins.....
And so it begins.
and so it begins.
And so it begins
And so it Begins….
A Romney we can respect (So it begins)
And So It Begins (Dollar Warnings)
And So It Begins! (And so it begins)
And so it begins....
(And So It Begins)
And so it begins again.....
School Is Renamed For Obama (And so it begins...)
So it begins.
And so it begins.
And so, it begins.....
And So It Begins...
And so it begins!
And so it begins.
And so it begins.
(so it begins...)
And so it begins.
And So It Begins.
And so it begins:
And so it begins...
And so it begins....
And So It Begins
(So it begins)
And so it begins?....
and so it begins.
So it begins.
And so it begins......
And so it begins..............................
So it begins.
And so it begins.
So it begins.
And so it begins.
So it begins.
It Begins…
So it begins.
It begins.
It begins.
and so it begins......
and so it begins......
It Begins"
And so it begins.
And so It begins…
"It Begins Again"
It Begins...
IT BEGINS: Ryan Releases Presidential Ad
It Begins...
It begins: In wake of California...
It Begins...Trump-Haters...
It Begins Again:...
So it begins.
It begins.
It begins:Facebook...
It begins.
And so it begins...

While this list is not complete, it demonstrates the fun you and your family can have at home while kissing your own butts goodbye!!

So bottoms up everyone!

22 posted on 10/16/2016, 1:14:50 PM by TomServo

So do freepers just not know what antifa is?

quote:

To: Fitzy_888

But this...how does she rein in the Marxist anarchists?

Anyone who considers himself a "Marxist anarchist" is confused. Marxism excludes anarchism.

Of course there are lots of "anarchists" out there who are afraid the meanies are going to make the state "wither away."

25 posted on 10/16/2016, 1:18:39 PM by Zionist Conspirator (Sof davar hakol nishma`; 'et-ha'Eloqim yera' ve'et-mitzvotayv shemor, ki-zeh kol-ha'adam.)

Don't trust the feds, right?

quote:

Police are working with the ATF ...

ATF. Another politicized and corrupted agency.

29 posted on 10/16/2016, 1:29:00 PM by Flick Lives (Voting Trump. It is not just a vote, it is a chance to burn down the rotten Uniparty.)

:psyduck:

quote:

To: Red Steel

The graffiti is not written in cursive. hmmm...

40 posted on 10/16/2016, 1:51:51 PM by ladyjane

quote:

The left,Liberals and Democrat Party are worse than the Hitler Regime and Communist Party. Anyone truly that cares about America had better arm themselves and prepare to take our country back. The Democrats are Evil and along with the US Chamber of Commerce want to bring illegals in to remake our country. Wake up America,please quit allowing yourself to be brainwashed by the American News Media. Folks,the Klan has never been as dangerous as the Democrats!If not for tourself,think about your kids!

50 posted on 10/16/2016, 2:20:52 PM by Herman Ball

quote:

Lock & load folks! It’s on!

53 posted on 10/16/2016, 2:29:09 PM by Bushbacker1 (Molon Labe! (Oathkeeper))

quote:

Democrats going full brown shirt

60 posted on 10/16/2016, 3:08:51 PM by captain_dave

quote:

This is a typical action of leftist Democrats. Where are their leaders being called on to have their constituents end this radical hate behavior ? I would ask GOPe to go out and find Democrats that will call for a rejection of this senseless violence taken on behalf of Hillary’s campaign.

61 posted on 10/16/2016, 3:12:54 PM by Typical_Whitey (Hey Obama Guns don't kill people, Radical Muslims kill people.)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

Proving once again that Democrats aren’t just the opposition party; they are the enemy.

9 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:54:00 PM by windsorknot

It's funny how they don't seem to love being on the receiving end. Maybe they'll think twice about gloating next time somebody firebombs a mosque you know what I can't even finish this sentence.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Not that I think firebombing is right, but it's not like they haven't been stoking the fires for this to happen for years

quote:

Republicans never do “false flag” operations, so this is real.

11 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:56:29 PM by ConservativeMind ("Humane" = "Don't pen up pets or eat meat, but allow infanticides, abortion, and euthanasia.")

Yes, that McCain supporter never carved a backwards B on her face and then blamed some thug black man that supported Obama.

I guess technically in their view he is right since any time a republican does something wrong they are no longer a republican to them. Must be a small circle when you need to move goal posts constantly

quote:

This is a typical action of leftist Democrats. Where are their leaders being called on to have their constituents end this radical hate behavior ? I would ask GOPe to go out and find Democrats that will call for a rejection of this senseless violence taken on behalf of Hillary’s campaign.

61 posted on 10/16/2016, 3:12:54 PM by Typical_Whitey (Hey Obama Guns don't kill people, Radical Muslims kill people.)

I'll let you know where they are when democrat leaders are up on podiums inciting violence, hate and bigotry as openly as a sunday morning conversation over tea.
And how do you know it was taken on behalf of Hillary's campaign? Maybe it was someone that simply hates Trump, ya know, since he's a racist rear end in a top hat. Maybe it was some crazy Cruiz supporter that sees the party going to hell.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 16, 2016

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

SocketWrench posted:

Not that I think firebombing is right, but it's not like they haven't been stoking the fires for this to happen for years

Yes, that McCain supporter never carved a backwards B on her face and then blamed some thug black man that supported Obama.

I guess technically in their view he is right since any time a republican does something wrong they are no longer a republican to them. Must be a small circle when you need to move goal posts constantly

I'll let you know where they are when democrat leaders are up on podiums inciting violence, hate and bigotry as openly as a sunday morning conversation over tea.
And how do you know it was taken on behalf of Hillary's campaign? Maybe it was someone that simply hates Trump, ya know, since he's a racist rear end in a top hat. Maybe it was some crazy Cruiz supporter that sees the party going to hell.

Maybe it was Jeb! ? Just saying...

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Don't forget the guy that vandalized his own truck and claimed BLM did it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/man-truck-black-lives-matter_us_55fdaa49e4b00310edf750fc

quote:

Lattin said he found his vehicle torn to shreds, with $5,000 worth of damage done to it. But his downfall may have been his interview with Fox 4. In it, he told reporters that someone had ripped out his glove box and slashed his seats, damage that police didn’t see when Lattin initially filed a police report.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/787782613633208320

and again Trump shows why he is unfit for office

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
And the NC GOP actually comes off looking as sane and surprisingly, even Christian as their tweet says that they will pray for those who seek to harm them. Which is actually what Jesus said to do! They even thanked Hillary Clinton for her thoughts and prayers!

Guess this means the NC GOP is a bunch of liberal RINOs.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's Not an Election. It's a War.

quote:

There are an awful lot of people out there who still think this is a conventional election, that we are choosing between two candidates on the basis of experience, policies, and character.

This is not a conventional election. This is, as the late, great Andrew Breitbart put it, "war!"

An all-out culture war.

It's not a war that conservatives started or have ever wanted. It is a war that has been thrust on us. But if we don't treat it as a war, if we don't take it seriously as a war, we will lose and lose miserably. We will lose not just for the next four years, but for the next 40 years, and possibly the next 400 years.

In other words, this is not a skirmish or a tiny battle, as the #NeverTrump crowd imagines. If we don't defeat the enemy in November, there may not be another chance for a long time to come.

When you're at war, your tactics change considerably. For your leader, you don't want a gentleman warrior or an intellectual who is good at articulating ideas but not very good in the trenches. Those are peacetime leaders, perhaps, but not wartime generals.

At time of war, you pick a general who is tough as nails and will lead you confidently into battle and be victorious. You choose someone who knows how important it is, as Winston Churchill said, to "Never give up! Never give up! Never, never, never-never-never-never!"

The general you pick may be foul-mouthed, crude, or brusque. He may have any number of personal failings. Those things don't matter in war. What matters is:

Is he on your side?

quote:

The war is essentially between freedom and slavery.

2 posted on 10/15/2016, 7:25:21 PM by MtnClimber (For photos of Colorado scenery and wildlife, click on my screen name for my FR home page.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

quote:

I am having a hard time putting up with my liberal relatives. Most elections, I laugh off their stupidity. This time, I do not care if they get offended by the truth.

6 posted on 10/15/2016, 7:33:04 PM by LYDIAONTARIO
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]
I haven’t spoken to my sister in over 10 years because she is a drat liberal.

21 posted on 10/15/2016, 7:57:12 PM by Quickgun (I got here kicking,screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I can go out that way if I have to)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Obviously not new to anyone reading the thread, but tons of posters mention siblings they no longer talk to because they're tainted with liberalism.

quote:

Do conservatives get to have a Safe Space where we can go during the holidays? !

51 posted on 10/15/2016, 9:21:33 PM by LYDIAONTARIO
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

drat right it’s war. And the dhimmiecrats have pulled out all the stops. Do not fall for their slimy smear attacks and anti-Trump propaganda. If we want to save our freedom, save our nation, we must keep the traitor Hillary out of the White House. She gets in and stacks the courts, we’re dead ducks. America will be over.

All in for Trump! NeverHillary!

7 posted on 10/15/2016, 7:34:19 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!)

quote:

Well, enjoy CW II, and I hope you survive to lie to your grandkids about your part in it. My battle’s here in Israel.

15 posted on 10/15/2016, 7:48:55 PM by Eleutheria5 (“If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.)

quote:

Is that what all the soccer Moms want?
Think after a few thousand of 'em are raped and/or killed by the dhimmicrats' invaders du jour they'll be wishing for a do-over ? !

30 posted on 10/15/2016, 8:14:49 PM by tomkat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

We don't have 40 years or 400 hundred years as the author suggests. We are in the Biblical Last Days. God's judgment is coming. Soon.
36 posted on 10/15/2016, 8:26:35 PM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

Eh, people have predicting Jesus' imminent return since roughly the moment he left. Either the people reading the signs of prophecy are full of it or God really needs to poo poo or get off the pot imo.

Some more from "SkyPilot" who I'm imaging as some kind of fundie version of the Gyrocopter Pilot from The Road Warrior

quote:

Many studies have shown that 1 in 3 women have had an abortion. Most of them have not come to Christ to seek forgiveness. Thus, millions of women will vote Democrat, until they die and find themselves in Hell, forever. Satan will have done his will.
38 posted on 10/15/2016, 8:30:35 PM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

quote:

Like the shameful debacles of '08 & '12, only this time the charlatan is a female (arguably) instead of a negro.
Imho, many many MANY of them have no clue other than to have as many Oprah moments per day as possible,
without the slightest idea of the actual geopolitical peril their moronic choices have caused.

40 posted on 10/15/2016, 8:41:49 PM by tomkat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

quote:

Pussy Paul Ryan and the other globilist traitors associated with the Bush and Romney wing need purged from the party, period!

49 posted on 10/15/2016, 9:08:43 PM by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run (GO GALT - VOTE TRUMP!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

And the war is over whether a small majority of misinformed, misled fools that happen to live in the same country as the rest of us can vote for all of us to be enslaved by corrupt, power mad people who aren’t capable of running a gas station.

53 posted on 10/15/2016, 9:35:21 PM by Hardastarboard (Welcome back to Rome - 471 AD)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

:ironicat:

quote:

I believe a lot of people will go “political Galt” if Trump and the American people are cheated out of this. By that I mean will just completely stop participating in the political process.

62 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:38:34 AM by Terry Mross (This country will fail to exist in my lifetime. And I'm gettin' up there in age.)

quote:

It’s terrifying. The demokkkrats are still pissed about losing the civil war, and have yet to surrender.
The alternative is a blood bath again but this time it will be in the tens of millions and not hundreds of thousands like the last time.

76 posted on 10/16/2016, 3:54:27 PM by HWGruene (REMEMBER THE ALAMO!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]
:ironicat: :ironicat: :ironicat:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mantis42 posted:

It's not a war that conservatives started or have ever wanted.

Seeing that you are the only people calling it a war and begging people to rise up in arms, and this is the same thing you've been saying for a decade, yes, it is both a war Conservatives wanted and started

quote:

The general you pick may be foul-mouthed, crude, or brusque. He may have any number of personal failings. Those things don't matter in war.

Where did you learn anything about military officers and war? It does matter whether your general is foul mouthed, crude, brusque and his personal failings because these all weigh on him while he leads and reflect on opposing forces. Generals are no more robots than soldiers are...and if you'd like an example of generals and why what and who they are matter I refer you to any war in history.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 17, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Seattle_WTO_protests

Groups on the far left have been known to gently caress stuff up before, but most of those groups probably don't vote dem most of the time.

More likely it was a trump die hard pissed at the gop for distancing itself given its in NC. Now if it was seattle, oh yeah, then I'd believe it was someone from the left.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cop Porn Popper posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Seattle_WTO_protests

Groups on the far left have been known to gently caress stuff up before, but most of those groups probably don't vote dem most of the time.

More likely it was a trump die hard pissed at the gop for distancing itself given its in NC. Now if it was seattle, oh yeah, then I'd believe it was someone from the left.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But so far from this campaign I've yet to hear democrat leaders standing on a podium inciting violence on people, the media, threatening to arrest the opposing candidate or dropping subtle hints for someone to assassinate the other candidate

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Any word on Freep about this?

https://www.gofundme.com/reopen-a-nc-republican-office-2ukuprzy

Hmmmmmm, I can't believe those dum dum liberals are paying to repair the thing they firebombed in the first place! What idiots!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

quote:

I believe a lot of people will go “political Galt” if Trump and the American people are cheated out of this. By that I mean will just completely stop participating in the political process.

62 posted on 10/16/2016, 12:38:34 AM by Terry Mross (This country will fail to exist in my lifetime. And I'm gettin' up there in age.)

Yes. Please. That is what we're hoping for the most. The fewer of you hateful old bastards voting the better. Though I highly doubt any of you will really stop, short of dying.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

taiyoko posted:

Yes. Please. That is what we're hoping for the most. The fewer of you hateful old bastards voting the better. Though I highly doubt any of you will really stop, short of dying.

In their minds, this is a serious of a threat as all their calls for brutal violence. They are the only real Americans. If they left, then surely nothing but fools and savages would remain to cast us into a thousand years of darkness while they enjoy ultra-conservative paradise on magical Galt land.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"It's war!"

*offices get bombed* "OHHH SHIIIIT" :qq:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

change my name posted:

Any word on Freep about this?

https://www.gofundme.com/reopen-a-nc-republican-office-2ukuprzy

Hmmmmmm, I can't believe those dum dum liberals are paying to repair the thing they firebombed in the first place! What idiots!

I'm disappointed to see you falling for an obvious pinko lieberal psyop, change my name. :sad:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

McGlockenshire posted:

So do freepers just not know what antifa is?

You're getting terms mixed :eng101:

Anarchism as a coherent political ideology grew out of the( largely marxist) labour movement of the 1800-somethings. Roughly speaking, to be an anarchist is to. also, be a communist and a marxist. The debate inside of anarchism was whether revolution was best achieved via insurrection or strikes, and only recently have non-marxists attempted to co-op the term.

Antifa is short for antifascist action, a worldwide movement consisting of both social democrats, communists and anarchists. More recently, though, it's become short-hand for any kind of protester who attacks capitalism, which may or may not be a correct statement vis a vis anarchist ideology.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

woke wedding drone posted:

It's tactically inappropriate

It is that. I actually do think it was probably a misguided "leftist". Most likely a local teenager. The graffiti rhetoric is simplistic in that manner of politically inflamed young people.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

With all this talk of open war and all does anyone have that image of Freepercon or whatever they called it and it was just about twenty old, dumpy white people sitting in what looked like a small library meeting room.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Radish posted:

With all this talk of open war and all does anyone have that image of Freepercon or whatever they called it and it was just about twenty old, dumpy white people sitting in what looked like a small library meeting room.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2238404/posts

I kind of want to go through and put x's through the zotted :v:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Loel posted:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Loel posted:

LOL thanks. Clearly the People's Army there.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From WIKILEAKS Emails Show CEO Of “Conservative” NEWSMAX Working With Hillary’s Campaign Chairman posted by freeper libertarian27

the actual email posted:

Subject: House bill, etc

John,

Thank you again for taking the time out to meet me this week. I really enjoyed our chat and meeting Celia, as well as saying hello to Denis.

I had a meeting with Mario Diaz Balart today who tells me the re whipping is not going well in terms of votes. He says that they really have been hurt by the Cantor loss. He still has some additional votes to review.

He Is interested in proceeding. We have agreed to cohost a meeting of conservative leaders likely the week of July 7 in DC for him to lay out his concepts. Hopefully we can gauge reaction after that meeting as well. I will let you know what I am up to. If you have any suggestions for me please feel free to share them.

There was also another one in which he corrected an (unrelated) date, which Podesta went on to forward to someone at the White House.

the article posted:

The real question is, why is the CEO of a “conservative” news publication feeding what appears to be inside information to Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Chairman, leftist John Podesta, who in turn sent his email marked “priority” to the White House? Was this an effort to help Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton with her dream to see an America with “open borders”? What exactly was his role with John Podesta and conservative leaders?

The wikileaks emails have generally been sorted into one of two categories: 1) single words or small phrases blown up into contextless clickbait headlines, and 2) the shocking revelations that the campaign talks to the press and is highly organized and coordinated. This one falls squarely into the second category.

So at first their reaction is exactly what we'd expect...

quote:

To: libertarian27

I have noticed some less than Conservative reporting here. Now I will delete NewsMax. Have been there for over 20 years.

5 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:15:37 AM by DrDude (This poll)

... but wait!

quote:

I stopped following Newsmax and WND years ago. Both are trash news sites. Now this? Not surprised.

11 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:17:23 AM by Snowybear

At least some of them recognize some levels of insanity.

quote:

Newsmax has always been goofy, never trusted that site or anything coming from it..

Its sad that so many conservative "news" sites are also so wacky.

13 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:18:27 AM by Paradox ("Wishing for a tautology to enact itself is not a strategy.")

But some are just :tinfoil: as all hell.

quote:

In the novel 1984 one of the final twist in the story was that the government controlled all the resistance movements.

Trump has exposed the GOPe as nothing more than an arm of the Democrat party, now Wikileaks is exposing some who pretend to be “conservative” to also be in bed with the Democrat.

I am not going to try and figure it all out but just conclude anyone in the Republican party that does not (fully) support Trump is just a Democrat operative.

Our once great nation has been turned into a one party dictatorship right before our eyes.

23 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:31:36 AM by CIB-173RDABN

Sometimes they get so, so close to realizing it...

quote:

I gave up on Newsmax shortly after they started. As I recall, their articles looked like stories from the MSM that had simply been rewritten to replace every noun, verb and adjective with loaded propaganda words.

32 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:52:52 AM by snarkpup (Hillary gets flak because she's being exposed; Trump gets flak because he's over the target.)

... and sometimes they're beyond hope.

quote:

To: upbeat5

I know some people here still go to Newsmax for TV news... we are running out of places to watch news...thought this wikileaks info would be good for ‘front page news’ to give everyone a heads-up.

Heck, the only TV-type news I’m watching consistently is Lou Dobbs, Judge Jeanine and InfoWars on youtube...that’s pretty much it.

35 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:01:34 AM by libertarian27 (FR Cookbooks - On Profile Page)

If you've never seen OAN, pop open a private browsing window and look them up. They make Fox News look legit fair and balanced.

quote:

we are running out of places to watch news...

One America News...OAN, on your ROKU (or something else).

41 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:10:30 AM by ROCKLOBSTER (RATs, RINOs......same thing.)

Ah yes, Glenn Beck, the horrible liberal monster.

quote:

To: ROCKLOBSTER

ALL companies have total control over who carries their content. OAN has allowed themselves to be packaged with The Blaze. That taints them.

66 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:40:43 AM by CodeToad

quote:

These ‘conservative’ posers are just that...including Ryan, who it appears is responsible for pushing the Trump/Bush tape. Ryan is OWNED by Cesar Conda, open border IMMIGRATION lawyer who owns Rubio as well.

PLEASE, everyone, consider changing your voter registration from R to not affiliated...these traitors need a message.

71 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:47:25 AM by AuntB (Trump is our Ben Franklin - Brilliant, Boisterous, Brave and ALL AMERICAN!)

quote:

To: AuntB

“Newsmax went squish on immigration a couple years ago. FOLLOW THE $$$”

Yep. I remember many years ago that World Net Daily and NewsMax were all over the Clinton scandals and were the “alternative” news sources. Somewhere along the way they lost their way and went left-wing.

95 posted on 10/17/2016, 8:29:11 AM by CodeToad

Yup, WND, totally a left wing news source. Current WND headlines:
  • JULIAN ASSANGE IN MEXICAN STAND-OFF WITH HILLARY CAMPAIGN
  • HILLARY CAMPAIGN GOOD WITH ACCEPTING FOREIGN AGENTS' CASH
  • TOP 36 HILLARY F-BOMBS, FLIP-OUTS AND EYE-POPPING TANTRUMS
  • SHE-RIAH LAW: HILLARY KEPT TALK-RADIO STAR ON HATE LIST
  • WHY DNC CHAIR AFFIRMED TED CRUZ ELIGIBILITY
  • THE REAL REASON 'MAINSTREAM MEDIA' PROTECT HILLARY
  • GINGRICH AFFIRMS ELECTION BEING STOLEN
  • PETITION URGING SPECIAL PROSECUTOR TO INVESTIGATE HILLARY CLINTON'S CRIMES
  • HILLARY PLOT TO STEAL TEA-PARTY VOTE FROM TRUMP
  • DOCTOR: HILLARY MEMORY LAPSES PRESENT NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS
That second to last one, about "stealing the Tea Party vote," is actually legit. Back in November of 2015, they considered pushing hard on the Tea Party demographic with information about how Trump would expand the scope of the federal government in order to do the Muslim profiling and mass deportation thing and similar themes and try to paint Trump as being big government and thereby suppressing the Tea Party vote. A smart move, if Trump wasn't his own worst enemy.

Given the stereotypes, I'm actually surprised how many freepers came out and discussed that they already distrusted Newsmax. Apparently they donated to the Clinton Foundation a few years ago and nobody but freep noticed.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Time for more "blind squirrel finds broken clock":

Police arrest more people for marijuana use than for all violent crimes — combined

quote:

Dumbest crime ever invented.

It needs to be repealed. It’s totally useless.

2 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:28:27 PM by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously-you won't live through it anyway - "Enjoy Yourself" ala Louis Prima)

quote:

The war on drugs has literally looted the tax payers for decades. All it did was increase the size and scope of government dramatically. One big con job.

4 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:29:46 PM by dragnet2 (Diversion and evasion are tools of deceit)

Kinda backhanded...

quote:

Possibly... possibly. It’s easy.

The more socialized that medicine is, the more impetus there is for wanting to bust users as drags on the system.

7 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:32:59 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

Dadjoke?

quote:

I guess what we need are more violent crimes.

15 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:37:47 PM by FlingWingFlyer (46 DEMOCRATS voted to have the UN disarm the American people.)

Shouting down the rare dissenter, and an amazing glance at a rare not-total-hatred-of-Soros:

quote:

If Soros believed in kicking a smoking habit, you would smoke to spite Soros?

You specialize in illogic.

17 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:38:28 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

And that's why people want to... wait for it... change the law?

quote:

the ACLU has been so upfront and righteous and honest too...as well as nonpartisan....

I would take any charge from them with a grain of salt....

I don't care to see people thrown in jail for a small amt of weed, but I won't cry for them either....

its still a law in many places....they broke the law...
20 posted on 10/14/2016, 6:42:42 PM by cherry

quote:

The “Criminal Justice Industrial Complex” is far too profitable for far too many. What would cops, lawyers, corrections, bail bondsmen, judges and court house employees do? What would happen to the wonderful kick-backs from the dealers?

41 posted on 10/14/2016, 7:11:22 PM by Tours

Not everyone on the same page though. This from the same people who tell us "free college isn't *free*, somebody has to pay for that!"

quote:

Druggies behind bars? What’s not to like about that?

71 posted on 10/14/2016, 10:18:24 PM by Ethan Clive Osgoode (Nuke Saudi Arabia now)

This has got to be the only time I've seen anyone unironically endorse that film:

quote:

I'm 100% certain you're a druggie who has repeated the same alcohol-related comment at least once for every puff of your bong. Get a copy of Reefer Madness and watch it.
85 posted on 10/15/2016, 12:39:56 PM by Ethan Clive Osgoode (Nuke Saudi Arabia now)

Wait, why is WMarshal on Freep in the first place if he's so woke?

quote:

I’m not saying that we have millions of Americans incarcerated at one time right now, what I’m saying is that once you have been convicted of a felony drug crime and have a criminal record, life becomes very difficult. These people have a tough time finding decent jobs, a tough time getting credit, getting into good colleges, etc. They are essentially burdened with an anchor that’s dragging them and into the permanent underclass.

The victims of the criminal justice system could be your friends, your family, and eventually even you.

46 posted on 10/14/2016, 7:18:18 PM by WMarshal (Trump 2016)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 17, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Silicon Valley is Furious About Peter Thiel's $1.25 Million Donation to Trump's Campaign posted by freeper 2ndDivisionVet

This donation was made late last week. Unless you follow Silicon Valley VC drama, the actual article will be boring... but yeah, seeing those names, some of whom are not exactly upstanding individuals themselves, throw WTFs at Theil is ... refreshing.

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

are going public with a call to reject any company willing to do business with the PayPal co-founder.

Tolerant bunch.

5 posted on 10/16/2016, 8:21:45 PM by bubbacluck (America 180)

quote:

To: jennychase

Still, I can imagine the valley boys and gals want to ‘firefox’ Thiel.

6 posted on 10/16/2016, 8:22:57 PM by Vision Thing (You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same...)

So, if you missed that one... The guy that invented Javascript at Netscape eventually became an important part of the Mozilla corporate infrastructure. Oh, and he also donated in favor of Prop 8. When he was promoted (to CEO), a bunch of board members resigned and there was a huge public backlash. He resigned a month later as the backlash failed to subside. This occurred before gamergate, so we didn't yet have a name for all the internet libertarian dumbshits that defended actively discriminating against people, but you can bet that they later used this as proof that SJWs ruin everything.

quote:

To: Vision Thing

Liberal mindset..can’t be a true homosexual unless you are a liberal, you can’t be a real woman unless you are a liberal and love abortion, you can’t be a real black unless you are a liberal, and you can’t be a real Hispanic unless you are a liberal

8 posted on 10/16/2016, 8:26:05 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

Santa Clara county has been a soviet socialist repugnik for about a century.

11 posted on 10/16/2016, 8:27:41 PM by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
Prior to the Silicon Valley being a tech haven, it was haven for ... orchards. Farmers. Sure sounds like commie-central to me!

quote:

As usual, the same oh-so-enlightened-and-tolerant Silicon Valley leftists who have conniption fits whenever they talk about the evil hollywood blacklisting of Commies during the 1950’s, seem to always delight in blacklisting anyone who isn’t in lockstep agreement with their own ugly ‘progressive’ values...

15 posted on 10/16/2016, 9:36:00 PM by Zeppo ("Happy Pony is on - and I'm NOT missing Happy Pony")

quote:

The critics are out of their mind. They truly are entrenched in the lies. I can’t wait for Trump to show them just how good our country will be.

17 posted on 10/16/2016, 11:07:36 PM by HollyB

The gently caress.

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda

But true liberals love Freedom, the Bill of Rights, the Costitution, and America, the only country they can live in without being thrown off buildings for their lifestyle. A true liberal is ultra conservative at their core, if they understand liberality. Today’s liberals are not Libertarian they are Liscentious (to live any way they choose without accountability) or they could not vote Democrat ever.

20 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:32:27 AM by Billyv (Freedom isn't Free! Get off the sidelines!)

Don't worry, GOD WILL FIX IT!

quote:

To: uncitizen

Lord, prosper the business dealings of Peter Thiel. Reward him for doing the right thing.

22 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:32:07 AM by Ciexyz (After eight years of Obama, I can't afford to buy nothin'.)

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Which edition of Reefer Madness?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

Trump has exposed the GOPe as nothing more than an arm of the Democrat party, now Wikileaks is exposing some who pretend to be “conservative” to also be in bed with the Democrat.
23 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:31:36 AM by CIB-173RDABN

The way this is written makes me think of the propaganda that used to refer to "The Jew." :hitler:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

This has got to be the only time I've seen anyone unironically endorse that film:

Hey now, he could be endorsing the musical!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZCpSVTWCs

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

WrenP-Complete posted:

Which edition of Reefer Madness?
I've been told the edit made a few years ago is supposed to be wonderful, but I haven't made the time for it.

From Project Veritas Okeefe links for Video 1 posted by freeper reed13k

In case you've forgotten, James O'Keefe is the guy that edited together the ACORN video that was used to shut it down, and then rode that popularity straight into Planned Parenthood, where he hosed it up so badly that he ended up getting arrested and charged... though those charges were later dropped.

So, is this it? Is the Clinton campaign finally done for now that James O'Keefe has shat out another deceptively edited video? This time he claims to have caught DNC operatives intentionally inciting violence at Trump rallies. Oh, and he also somehow edited something together to make it look like the DNC coordinates with PACs.

Freep's buying it.

quote:

To: reed13k

So it shows the setups the campaign uses in order to incite violence at Trump/Pence rallies and how they basically instigate confrontation.

The big deal is as damaging as this could be - it’s only the first and there are more scheduled with escalations just like Wikileaks releases have been escalating.

8 posted on 10/17/2016, 9:21:59 AM by reed13k (r)

At least one freeper sees a problem.

quote:

To: Lady Heron

If you’re concerned about my posting, go see what my stance is. This is all a huge distraction that takes us OFF ISSUE, pulling us away from the themes that will win the campaign for Trump. Relying on O’Keefe, Julian, Gucifer, Wikileaks to “take down Hillary” is akin to trying to climb a greased rope. It’s NOT going to work. These releases get much of the FreeRepublic community all worked up, it draws Trump and his resources away from winning issues (border security, immigration reform, economic opportunity) that Joe America DOES care about.

There is nothing more depressing to our side than constantly being hyped up about the breaking bombshell that will take Hillary down and to have it fail to deliver again and again - which all of them have done and will do. Her becoming bulletproof and untouchable because of these distractions are the most demoralizing thing that could happen in our effort to put Trump in office. Sorry you don’t see it that way.

13 posted on 10/17/2016, 9:34:10 AM by mn-bush-man

The actual allegations:

quote:

To: rpierce

A couple of BIG takeaways. That Chicago Trump rally that was cancelled due to violence? Well, that violence was ORCHESTRATED by Democrat operatives.

Also that woman with the breathing device that was supposedly assaulted recently at a Trump rally in North Carolina? She was a TRAINED (bird dog) Democrat operative who was PLANTED there.

18 posted on 10/17/2016, 9:41:58 AM by PJ-Comix (Glenn Beck is one Blood Bucket shy of the Funny Farm)

quote:

Watching those political operatives brag about shutting down Trump’s Chicago rally (and staging violence at Trump and Pence rallies in general) reminds me how distasteful I found Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich’s blaming Trump for the leftists’ chaos there. When the left attacks our side, those on our side usually fold and start attacking each other instead of the left. Our side needs to wise up.

The Dems have been using major league dirty tricks since the 1800s and the old local party machines. We don’t have to drop to their level, but it’s about time we start really fighting back. That would be a novelty, but maybe this is the election to expose and change everything—or at least start the process.

41 posted on 10/17/2016, 9:58:19 AM by FenwickBabbitt

So freep is falling for these, hook, line, and sinker. But their reactions are really mild for the most part.

quote:

To: Red Steel

And those buttheads in the GOPE blamed Trump for the Chicago rioting at the rally.

YES, THEY CONDEMNED HIM ON NATIONAL TV when very little effort by a media conglomerate would have uncovered what O’Keefe was able to with very little resources and power.
The Republican Party (as well as the Dems) needs to end here. It’s a disgrace and a sham and stands for nothing but keeping losers in the money. Whose money? Ours.

At least Bernie Sanders is honest about it.

49 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:03:07 AM by Yaelle

ANOTHER TAKE ON THE ISSUES:

quote:

THEY HIRE PSYCHOTICS AND HOMELESS TO STIR TROUBLE.
THEY CALL THE AFL CIO FOR GOONS IN EACH STATE!

WISCONSIN AND IOWA ARE RACIST AS “####” THE GUY SAYS!!

AND A LOT MORE!!

SOME OLD LADY WHO THE PRESS COVERED FOR DAYS, WHO HAS COPD, WAS PAID TO AGITATE BIG TIME WHEN SHE GOT HIT.

54 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:08:06 AM by dp0622 (IThe only thing an upper crust conservative hates more than a liberal is a middle class conservative)

So the problem is that O'Keefe has completely lost all credibility among the MSM. It took everyone way too long to figure out what he did in the ACORN videos. When he came out with the Planned Parenthood one, he was called out on his bullshit immediately. Once the full tapes were obtained, the nature of the deceptive edits was blatantly clear. Only idiots and people in the RWM echo chamber continue to give him any credit. Like, say, freepers.

quote:

To: dp0622

Only part 1 and more to come. It appears O’Keefe has put together a super gem of investigation reporting worthy of high praise.

58 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:12:30 AM by Red Steel

Oh, and, say, Trumpkins.

quote:

To: GregoTX

There’s this thing called the Internet?

Trump just posted the vid on Facebook for 11.4 million fans.

59 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:13:39 AM by proust (Trump / Pence 2016!)

quote:

To: Yaelle

They should all go to JAIL based on this.

But...how stupid are they to talk about these things.

I might talk about something i did 20 years ago and the statute is up :), but talking about something illegal that you’re currently doing??

idiots.

60 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:14:21 AM by dp0622 (IThe only thing an upper crust conservative hates more than a liberal is a middle class conservative)

16k in an hour is a drop in the bucket in terms of youtube views.

quote:

To: GregoTX

Well the “average” citizen is on Youtube and Twitter and as of right now people are working to get #birddogging trending on Twitter and the Youtube already has over 16K views in just over an hour on Youtube. Not including postings already out on other media sources like reddit, twitter, etc. On Twitter O’Keefe has over 115K followers so at least that many have seen the video already in just over an hour. The original twitter post has already been retweeted 2k times.

It’s also already on Foxnews website and covered on broadcast - and while Fox isn’t as loved here as it once was it is still the most watched network in the US the last time I checked - so I think those couple mediums will get it out to the “average” citizen.

I’ve retweeted, posted, and commented....what are you doing?

65 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:16:04 AM by reed13k (r)

Freep opinions: data caching is a conspiracy!

quote:

YouTube is in COLLUSION with the DNC and the Clinton Crime Family Syndicate:

YouTube has intentionally FROZEN the vewier numbers for this first video at 16,100 to surpress viewership in order try and keep the video from "going viral" or appearing to go viral!

88 posted on 10/17/2016, 10:39:35 AM by Jmouse007 (Lord God Almighty, deliver us from this evil in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, amen.)

My watchlist on election night is Kit Cat, JimRob, dp0622, Laz, and Sarah Barracuda.

quote:

This is scary stuff..the Left took the Nazi playbook and one upped them..this is what the Nazi’s did to justify their actions..of course no one in the Commie media will report on it..their main objective is to keep Democrats in power..forever

116 posted on 10/17/2016, 11:25:31 AM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

To: reed13k; Liz

Democrat organized scum go to Trump rallies... trained to start fights where they can ...

..then the Witch (SORRY - MEANT TO SAY 'WITCH' NOT BITCH)Hillary condemns violence at Trump rallies

and the little sh*ts at MSNCB breathlessly blame and condemn innocent Trump supporters.

Of course the New York Times and Washington Post - who would put this on the front page if Republicans did it - will ignore it. Even Chris Matthews who sometimes appears NOT to be a total sell out - will ignore this...

Hey PAUL RYAN AND JOHN MCCAIN - DOES THIS OFFEND YOUR SENSIBILITIES... DOES THIS COMPEL YOU TO SPEAK OUT?

123 posted on 10/17/2016, 11:43:52 AM by GOPJ ( "An honest public servant can't become rich in politics" - - President Harry S. Truman)

Oh, and of course there's been a slapfight ongoing for a bit.

quote:

To: Enchante

You really need a dictionary to define meltdown to you.

Gladly I dont need one to define the uselessness of far too many people here.

129 posted on 10/17/2016, 12:15:35 PM by VanDeKoik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Shep Smith comes out as gay and denies that 'loving' Roger Ailes stopped him from revealing his sexuality as he speaks out about Fox News sex harassment scandal posted by C19fan

It's a Daily Mail article about a Huffington Post article in which, yes, Shep Smith comes out of the closet. He's been softly denying that he's gay for a while now, but that hasn't stopped freep from assuming he was and hating him for it because of course they would.

quote:

To: C19fan

Has Bwwanny Fwanker been asked to comment? Anderson Pooper Packer?

4 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:14:59 AM by Paladin2 (auto spelchk? BWAhaha2haaa.....I aint't likely fixin' nuttin'. Blame it on the Bossa Nova...)

quote:

he must have been on the chopping block. now he’s a protected special interest group.

12 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:17:38 AM by JohnBrowdie

huge_growing_ironicat.gif

quote:

I do not care if Shep is gay. I don’t care if he does women, men, goats, etc. Just don’t tell me about it.

I don’t like Shep because he allows his political beliefs to taint his reporting.
He excoriated George W. Bush for Katrina, which was not his fault. Shep is a terrible reporter and should be sent back to some local market where he could not do so much damage.

15 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:19:36 AM by The_Media_never_lie (Stay ignorant, my friends! (if you watch mainstream media, you will!))

quote:

There was no question about his sexuality.

The real question is, why is he still on the air?

20 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:22:19 AM by CaptainK (...please make it stop. Shake a can of pennies at it.)

quote:

The popular Fox News anchor

“popular” according to the rest of the faggots that populate the media.

22 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:23:15 AM by Cletus.D.Yokel (Catastrophic, Anthropogenic Climate Alterations: The acronym explains the science.)

quote:

NO, Shep Smith a Queer? Can’t be!

Yea, who didn’t know this guy was a Fag!

35 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:34:20 AM by Gunner TLW

quote:

I’ve never understood why gays feel the need to let people know that they are gay, especially when their own personal characteristics, and behavior patterns, made it so obvious to begin with. Don’t they think their gayness shows, and that other people, even straight people see it?

38 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:35:05 AM by mass55th (Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway...John Wayne)

... what?

quote:

Is there a *single* adult leftist in this country who does normal things,in normal ways,at normal times,to a person who has a different basic genetic profile?

57 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:09:54 AM by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

quote:

To: struggle

A hundred-fifty years ago he would have been the guy found beaten to death behind the tavern with his face kicked in and his pants pulled off.

FNC without Ailes just isn't the same.

72 posted on 10/17/2016, 7:56:35 AM by MHT (,`)

quote:

To: MNnice

Shep seems to have a wiki leak problem.

These days it's easier to list who not gay in the media than who is gay.

74 posted on 10/17/2016, 8:07:52 AM by rdcbn ("There is no means of avoiding a final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alt)

quote:

To: A CA Guy

Smith is a disgusting little candy rear end who started crying like a baby when Obama was reelection. When will the disgusting POS transfer to CNN. Him and Donna Lemon should get along fabulous.

75 posted on 10/17/2016, 8:08:46 AM by NKP_Vet (In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,stand like a rock ~ T, Jefferson)

quote:

To: CaptainK

My question is why isn’t he on MSNBC. Why does Fox force us to listen to his pro-Hillary garbage? (not that I listen more that a few seconds before tuning him out). Aren’t his rating tanking? How does FOX put with that that?

78 posted on 10/17/2016, 8:19:13 AM by EnquiringMind

quote:

I had NO idea that Mascara Crybaby Snide Leftist was GAY!!!

79 posted on 10/17/2016, 8:20:43 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion.S...... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

The one, single post in this thread that isn't making GBS threads all over him:

quote:

To: Byron_the_Aussie

Shep seems like a decent person, and that is fine with me. Of course I think homosexuality is a sin, but I think we should judge Shep on his on his fairness as a journalist and be done with it.

86 posted on 10/17/2016, 11:47:07 AM by Sam Gamgee