Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

you see its not really gambling it RPG gambling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

that guy is pretty sick and should probably rethink his life choices

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

Don't actually free elusif

Harsh but fair.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Orange Red Bull posted:

speaking of sick, someone in our IRC said you seem to be autistic (not that I'm implying mental disorders are an illness), can you please confirm if you're an actual autist irl, or if you just post like one

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

most RMT probably happen in corp, which is the old goonfleet standard, aka keeping it all in-alliance

giving someone in corp 5bil for a steamgame is nigh on impossible to differentiate from "i gave my friend in corp 5 bil cause i like him"

unless some guy from a 0.0 russian renter is sending piles to a hisec mission runner, I doubt that it's easy to catch

Hi I can comment on this a bit. This used to matter. CCP did not generally care about isk transfers between A) Characters with the same IP B) Characters within the same corp C) Characters within the same alliance. CCP also did not generally allow chatlogs from outside the game itself to be used in RMT investigations.

Post darius johnson those things don't seem to matter. I guess they needed someone to be an rear end in a top hat and prove that nobody cared. Now if you do something suspicious it is your problem and your responsibility to prove your innocence.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Post darius johnson those things don't seem to matter. I guess they needed someone to be an rear end in a top hat and prove that nobody cared. Now if you do something suspicious it is your problem and your responsibility to prove your innocence.

However, "I talked my friend into vouching me into PL coming back to EVE, and I'm sending him 50b to get back on his feet" is more than above board.

Also space dollars for steam games isn't RMT... okay. Because... reasons.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Hi I can comment on this a bit. This used to matter. CCP did not generally care about isk transfers between A) Characters with the same IP B) Characters within the same corp C) Characters within the same alliance. CCP also did not generally allow chatlogs from outside the game itself to be used in RMT investigations.

luckily pandemic legion now has one darius johnson in alliance showing us all of the dirty tricks and secrets to maintain our place as the elite of eve

but in actual seriousness, I see so much of "someone send me 5bil cause i need more purps for my titan" or "someone send me a plex quick i'll get you later" going on that it seems impossible for ccp to filter out in-corp/alliance stuff

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Maybe they've toned it down recently but for a while there people were getting destroyed for just about anything.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

luckily pandemic legion now has one darius johnson in alliance showing us all of the dirty tricks and secrets to maintain our place as the elite of eve

but in actual seriousness, I see so much of "someone send me 5bil cause i need more purps for my titan" or "someone send me a plex quick i'll get you later" going on that it seems impossible for ccp to filter out in-corp/alliance stuff

I give it 2 weeks before someone does something retarded and they all get kicked.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

During the kengoku fountain nonsense I also learned that through a sheer number of reports literally anyone can get temp banned for botting regardless of any other evidence. I had a guy I was testing ishtars in, kenzoku fleet comes in, entire kenzoku fleet reports me as bot, 45 minutes later I ate a 30 day ban. Meanwhile my actual tengu bots in venal which were operating at the same time suffered absolutely no ill effects and neither did myself or my evegold customers.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

speaking of sick, someone in our IRC said you seem to be autistic (not that I'm implying mental disorders are an illness), can you please confirm if you're an actual autist irl, or if you just post like one

i do not have autism but why dont you post about posting some more

hi PL IRC still #2 legion

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

During the kengoku fountain nonsense I also learned that through a sheer number of reports literally anyone can get temp banned for botting regardless of any other evidence. I had a guy I was testing ishtars in, kenzoku fleet comes in, entire kenzoku fleet reports me as bot, 45 minutes later I ate a 30 day ban. Meanwhile my actual tengu bots in venal which were operating at the same time suffered absolutely no ill effects and neither did myself or my evegold customers.

:commissar: :ccp:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Xolve posted:

Can you just... not?

Show some solidarity now that we're both in the same corp and all.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Xolve posted:

I give it 2 weeks before someone does something retarded and they all get kicked.

there's already a lot of dumb poo poo going on in the recruitment forum

I could see some GM just seeing a pile of reports and pressing butan, instead of doing actual work. A lot of EVE pve (especially belt ratting) lends itself amazingly well to botting; people are now able to write bots that level characters in wow, most eve pve is super-simple in comparison.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

Show some solidarity now that we're both in the same corp and all.

At first I was like oh hey Zeph got into PL and then oh.

Anyway in regards to Baccy criticizing my discussion with DJ. I feel like that's a bit silly - we both said our piece, decided the other party was probably cooler than we initially thought, and went our separate ways pleasantly. I know -- totally cringy stuff right? :ohdear:

For all the people who tell me to shut the gently caress up, there sure are some nerds in this thread who think they're above themselves needing to shut up sometimes and aren't. Not my problem, but a problem nonetheless.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
is this the thread where I can post about fits? someone tell me about the asb vagas, vs large cap battery + deadspace booster vagas

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Daco Vato posted:

No-ho-ho not in a million years. PL plays chess in Eve and I play tic-tac-toe on the same board.

Landsknecht posted:

is this the thread where I can post about fits? someone tell me about the asb vagas, vs large cap battery + deadspace booster vagas

The chill thread does stuff like that.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 17, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Daco Vato posted:

I pretty much stopped playing (in July) when Killah Bee went full emo and would go on 30 minute tangents about how everyone in the alliance was worthless and undeserving of PL's content creation team because we only had 7 logi instead of 8, or some other equally stupid nonsense. His head got pretty big after "we won" or whatever.

(apparently russian camgirls really like that tweet)

I heard there's been some pretty good blowouts in SNIGG#1 lately, including Ronald J. Mexico getting booted the gently caress out (and into ISRAD). Too bad the next time I get the itch to play a bad spaceship game, the plug will no doubt have been pulled because 'x killed EVE' finally happened.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 17, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

content creation team

:eyepop:

is this an actual quote

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Xolve posted:

I pretty much stopped playing (in July) when Killah Bee went full emo and would go on 30 minute tangents about how everyone in the alliance was worthless and undeserving of PL's content creation team because we only had 7 logi instead of 8, or some other equally stupid nonsense. His head got pretty big after "we won" or whatever.

(apparently russian camgirls really like that tweet)

I heard there's been some pretty good blowouts in SNIGG#1 lately, including Ronald J. Mexico getting booted the gently caress out (and into ISRAD). Too bad the next time I get the itch to play a bad spaceship game, the plug will no doubt have been pulled because 'x killed EVE' finally happened.

Were you EUTZ? I haven't been on a killah fleet in a while; the last thing I really remember from one was people getting all emo over nonconsensual fleetwarps. I think he's chill again though (an gets drunk on comms often).

This weekend we did a nano-roam down through vale; we got a fair amount of kills (including an 800mil isk capsule lmao), but it was just a lot of fun. I like roaming a lot more than fleet stuff, especially when there's targets. Also those cloak nerfs that happened a few years ago suck and are dumb.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

is this an actual quote

not an actual quote AFAIK, but there is a group of guys in PL who will put in a lot of work (scout timers, get spy intel, prep wh chains) to set up stuff for the alliance

it's not super often, but every few weeks someone finds something really good and we end up somewhere and dumpster like 70 BS and some caps or something

edit: I think someone like this happened with your bhal fleet recently

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

not an actual quote AFAIK

oh okay, like if that was what they called themselves then i'd be lol'ing out loud in irl

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

is this an actual quote

It's a condensed summation of what he said, dude literally went off on multiple occasions for 10+ minutes about how unhappy he was, why we were disrespecting fcs, if you don't have [insert snowflake doctrine crap here] you're a worthless retard and other inconsequential poo poo I wasn't rally willing to actually listen to from some newguarde 'babby's first campaign' idiot.

It was pretty loving stupid. It got to the point where I looked at his pings the way I imagine half of GSF looks at boat pings, and stop logging in for his fleets.

Landsknecht posted:

Were you EUTZ? I haven't been on a killah fleet in a while; the last thing I really remember from one was people getting all emo over nonconsensual fleetwarps. I think he's chill again though (an gets drunk on comms often).

This weekend we did a nano-roam down through vale; we got a fair amount of kills (including an 800mil isk capsule lmao), but it was just a lot of fun. I like roaming a lot more than fleet stuff, especially when there's targets. Also those cloak nerfs that happened a few years ago suck and are dumb.

I work nights, so I mostly played with AUTZ(m) dudes or Euros in the morning.

Saranen, Hak and lolVenal made me miss Amamake too much, so I moved back to the motherland, logged out and unsubbed mid-July.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 17, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

oh okay, like if that was what they called themselves then i'd be lol'ing out loud in irl

I'd assume it was more like "a few of us spent 2 hours scouting out WH chains and keeping eyes on these hostiles, the least you can do is get in a logi and log in your links, also don't complain when I rapidly fleet-warp us all over the system (a killah bee special)"

e: xolve answered above

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Xolve posted:

It's a condensed summation of what he said, dude literally went off on multiple occasions for 10+ minutes about how unhappy he was, why we were disrespecting fcs, if you don't have [insert snowflake doctrine crap here] you're a worthless retard and other inconsequential poo poo I wasn't rally willing to actually listen to from some newguarde 'babby's first campaign' idiot.

It was pretty loving stupid. It got to the point where I looked at his pings the way I imagine half of GSF looks at boat pings, and stop logging in for his fleets.

I work nights, so I mostly played with AUTZ(m) dudes or Euros in the morning.

Saranen, Hak and lolVenal made me miss Amamake too much, so I moved back to the motherland, logged out and unsubbed mid-July.

Do other FCs not go on other FCs fleets? why didn't anyone smash his dick

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

I'd assume it was more like "a few of us spent 2 hours scouting out WH chains and keeping eyes on these hostiles, the least you can do is get in a logi and log in your links, also don't complain when I rapidly fleet-warp us all over the system (a killah bee special)"

e: xolve answered above

This was pretty much it, but it wasn't about fleet warps it was about the number of Logi he wanted, or maybe dictors- I don't really remember.

Reverand maynard posted:

Do other FCs not go on other FCs fleets? why didn't anyone smash his dick

Yeah, but after the Makalu, PK and Mukk times, I think dudes just sit back and let other people do their thing now.

Nothing sucks more than trying to brawl 150 provi nerds with 60 dudes and your -A- allstar FC team decides to start a rigorous debate about who should be primary (at the same time). It was the worst of times, and never the best of times.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 17, 2016

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

harsh, but fair

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
For the most part I'd say about 70% of PL are guys with high-skill characters (and titans), decent game skills (understanding of mechanics, fleet procedures, etc), 20% are savant-y guys who work hard to do everything, and 10% are elite pvpers who run around lowsec with linked snake succubi or some other fotm cancer

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

learnincurve posted:

Have the bans been handed out, isk confiscated and whatnot yet? Other than the IWI guy I've not seen a whole lot of drama.

Yes, they did the bans in advance because giving people with a ton of assets and ability to disguise them warning that they're going to be banned is dumb.

Outside IWI there's not been a whole lot of whining because the only people banned were IWI and some tiny nobody that literally no-one cared about. Eve-bet was the other big player and they were clean, so they get the last month to keep operating and shut down cleanly. They keep their rep, the profits they've made running the thing, and probably have a substantial amount of goodwill at CCP if they move on to a new non-gambling thing.

OTOH I'd bet you didn't dispute with a support ticket, because getting someone to look at your accounts for bot-like activity would not have ended well.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Daco Vato posted:

Anyway in regards to Baccy criticizing my discussion with DJ. I feel like that's a bit silly - we both said our piece, decided the other party was probably cooler than we initially thought, and went our separate ways pleasantly. I know -- totally cringy stuff right? :ohdear:

You are incapable of making me cringe. DJ is another story entirely. The sort of mental gymnastics he uses are top-tier MK ULTRA type poo poo.

I really like the part where he talked poo poo about Johnny-Come-Latelys on SA despite using it as a recruitment platform, and then acts like you're echelon's above the GSF line membership in terms of reasonableness because he basically exhausted himself with :words: and you hadn't hosed off yet.

Although four months ago you were literally everything he said was wrong with this alliance when he decided to sperg out like a loving tard...

It's almost like he makes whatever arguments are most convenient for him at the time.

Orange Red Bull posted:

If it's serious then he needs to keep going full speed ahead. This is a priceless meltdown and I want to savor every moment of it... even though I have my reservations.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Klyith posted:

Yes, they did the bans in advance because giving people with a ton of assets and ability to disguise them warning that they're going to be banned is dumb.

Other option would be to track every account on the naughty list and ban the prominent ones who will sound the brown alert, make the announcement and say they already banned everyone that got caught, then use subsequent activity to discover laundry/parachute/hacked accounts as well. Then after a day or two delete all isk that has been transferred, ban the bads, and investigate all the newly flagged accounts

Dunno if CCP is that clever though.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Are people still complaining about OP T3Ds and how awful Assault Frigates are? Because I had an idea!

Link to the EVE-forums if you can stand the awfulness.

You of course couldn't posted:

Some time ago Interceptors got this nice additional role bonus making them immune to undirected interdiction like bubbles. This turned out to be powerful enough to make them taxis and low-scale raiding forces everywhere in EVE.

Now I don't actually mind them having this powerful effect, but it makes Assault Frigates look like lame ducks in comparison: All they get is being harder to kill than your average frigate plus a bonus to the sig-bloom caused by equipped MWDs. Not very much, which is why many people prefer T3Ds nowadays.

This made me think about how to give Assault Frigates something different without just making them stronger than T3Ds, which would just be the same bad thing we have now, with the roles reversed.

Of course then it dawned on me: Assault Frigates already have a role bonus related to what they're supposed to be doing (assault something)!

The bonus to MWD-sig makes it easier for AFs to hit hard and fast, without immediately getting blown up. The problem is just, for the comparatively small frigates the bonus isn't large enough to compensate for T3Ds existing. It's also a lot less powerful than interceptors being able to evade bubbles with ease.

So my suggestion is two-fold:

1. First, change the bonus to MWD-bloom to 70% (Before you complain, the new AFs will still have 50% larger sigs afterwards, which is significant for a tiny frigate.)

2. Add a special, MWD-related bonus to Assault Frigates: MWD-Immunity against scrambling-effects.

To clarify MWD-Immunity, I'm not suggesting making AFs immune to warp scramblers! Only the MWD, which is normally shut down by warp scrambling, too. If you think about it, there are still a lot of counters: The AF can be neuted out, webs can slow it down and many AFs don't have the cap to let the MWD keep running anyway. Also the MWD still makes an AF's sig 50% larger, even with the stronger role bonus. The AF is still easier to hit and will get more damage applied to, especially from missiles.

This isn't actually overpowered, if you think about how T3Ds still beat Assault Frigates in everything else, like DPS and EHP. This change makes AFs just competitive again without making them just a soulless "shoot better" option.

This change should bring Assault Frigates back without overpowering other ships in turn. Your thoughts?

So, would this change bring Assault Frigates back from oblivion? Too much? Not enough?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Libluini posted:

Are people still complaining about OP T3Ds and how awful Assault Frigates are? Because I had an idea!

Link to the EVE-forums if you can stand the awfulness.

So, would this change bring Assault Frigates back from oblivion? Too much? Not enough?

Scram immunity is probably a bit too strong, and immunities themselves are just really lazy design and should be a last resort.

I'd say +2 natural warp strength would be better, then you can pepper them with racial bonuses that make sense (with T2 resist profiles that match) and either a role bonus to active rep/+falloff ++damage

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Ashterothi posted:

:words: The Meta show last week crossed the line into outright lies about other content creators in this game, and in my opinion violated any semblance of togetherness the Imperium had with the EVE community at large. Their words effectively condemned everyone that wasn't them, which as a former lawyer seems absolutely abhorrent. :words:

So did Mittens actually say anything inflammatory on The Meta Show, or what?

I honestly have no idea who Ashterothi is except that one time I was on talking in stations and holy poo poo this guy couldn't get off his righteous indignation even for three seconds.

e: I don't want to sit through the Meta Show unless there's some paydirt so someone LMK.

Baculus fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 17, 2016

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Scram immunity sounds like it would turn AFs into cheaper orthruses.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

tickets to the gunt show posted:

I honestly have no idea who Ashterothi is except that one time I was on talking in stations and holy poo poo this guy couldn't get off his righteous indignation even for three seconds.

:boom:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

A site named "I want ISK" was never meant for Eve Online, the only game in the world that has currency named ISK.

He has gone full retard.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Xolve posted:

Scram immunity is probably a bit too strong, and immunities themselves are just really lazy design and should be a last resort.

I'd say +2 natural warp strength would be better, then you can pepper them with racial bonuses that make sense (with T2 resist profiles that match) and either a role bonus to active rep/+falloff ++damage
Its not about warp strength. They want to be able to use a mwd while scrammed which would make them pretty silly. Still wouldn't help them enough for larger fleets though

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

tickets to the gunt show posted:

I watched the VOD last night and the chat was full of rmt/casino apologists and pearl clutchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i think interceptors should be bubble immune to everything except hictor bubbles and AFs should be immune to all scrams except hictor scram.

• Locked thread