Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
Are weekend polls just consistently skewing Clinton? Is that a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Complaint Compilation posted:

I am just watching some political clippages, and it struck me - We are living in an unfunny south park episode.
:911:

Uh actually I think you will find that this is impossible, seeing as how South Park has never produced an unfunny episode.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Sorry. I meant by insane person Donald Trump not the debate moderators. I wasn't clear who would talk about it.

Oh look more threats!
https://twitter.com/jamilsmith/status/788042507414364162

The word patriot has been so overused and warpped it means literally nothing.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Honestly out of the candidates, Trump is probably the one who'd develop some health problem and die in his first term, he's an old fat guy who probably has a bunch of STIs. Now, Gary Johnson, there's a healthy-looking fella.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Sensible Thursday posted:

On the weekend I'm like "yeah HRC!!" but once monday morning hits I'm all like "burn it all to the ground"

Red Bones posted:

Honestly out of the candidates, Trump is probably the one who'd develop some health problem and die in his first term, he's an old fat guy who probably has a bunch of STIs. Now, Gary Johnson, there's a healthy-looking fella.

*sniffle*

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You know, every time I heard Trump complaining about the media rigging the election or whatnot I just remember that time he promised to drop a huge press release and ended up giving a 30 minute speech about how great his new hotel is. I think that was the turning point for when the media decided "gently caress this guy".

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

BadOptics posted:

It means he will respect the validity of the popular vote as the will of the majority of the populace and continue to work within the framework that the founding fathers enacted in order to bring about political change in the elections to come.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Minimalist Program posted:

Uh actually I think you will find that this is impossible, seeing as how South Park has never produced an unfunny episode.

The hallucinogenic cat-pee one was awesome.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

On the weekend I'm like "yeah HRC!!" but once monday morning hits I'm all like "burn it all to the ground"

Different people are likely to answer the phone for pollsters on weekends.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

BadOptics posted:

It really isn't as far as I see it. It has a hell of alot more solid connotation now with militia types. Like that guy.
Overpuffed nationalism to the point of violent fervor. A PATRIOT.

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 17, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

Nevermind that the greatest (or perhaps second greatest, depending on your point of view) American President was a wheelchair bound invalid who couldn't keep it in his pants. He also saved the republic from the Great Depression and helped defeat global fascism. Health doesn't mean poo poo when she's running with a competent successor, and the type of person who cares about her health should be happy a religious straight white older man is there to take the lead if she dies. :v:
Roosevelt's death lead to the destruction of millions of minorities at the hands of Harry "The S Is For Slaughter" Truman. I'm voting for Trump.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BadOptics posted:

i liked it when those sovereign citizens in oregon were calling themselves patriots while hating the government

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
:aaaaa: :siren: What I've been waiting to see for MONTHS :siren: :aaaaa:

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Pretty wild for that to change so fast. Even last week it was closer to 52/48ish

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Happy to see Reid's seat may be safe, and we may even pick up Blunt's seat, too

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Roosevelt's death lead to the destruction of millions of minorities at the hands of Harry "The S Is For Slaughter" Truman. I'm voting for Trump.

Do they count as a minority if you kill them in a country where they are the majority?

Are white people actually a world wide minority?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They seem to be really overestimating the Dem's chances of winning Nevada. I'm guessing it is some combo of a huge outlier poll (D+8 when the average was R+1) and giving weight to Hillary's national trend?

PA and NH Senate polls are also all over the place and I will not stop Arzying about either of them until they stay consistently good or election day; whichever comes first.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

And this is why the GOP's threats to hold out on Supreme Court nominee's is likely going to fail before it starts, because regardless of their support/removal of support from Trump, their party is hitched to a spacewreck that is currently burning up on reentry.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

God I hope. I am so glad that the DNC is kicking some money out here. I've gotten so many stupid mailers about how Jason Kander doesn't do his job and Roy Blunt is a stand up guy.

God is the election over yet?

comingafteryouall posted:

Do they count as a minority if you kill them in a country where they are the majority?

Are white people actually a world wide minority?

Given the number of people in India and the number of people in China, I'm willing to play the odds and say that yes, White people are a minority world wide.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

It's a potential 7 seat shift in play now. if this stays like this It makes you wonder how much of an impact it will have on the house. It will still be red almost assuredly but it'd be nice for a friendlier congress in general.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They seem to be really overestimating the Dem's chances of winning Nevada. I'm guessing it is some combo of a huge outlier poll (D+8 when the average was R+1) and giving weight to Hillary's national trend?

PA and NH Senate polls are also all over the place and I will not stop Arzying about either of them until they stay consistently good or election day; whichever comes first.

Polls only has Dems squeaking NV, too. So no, it's not just Hillary's numbers that are driving it up.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm late, but man, that Obama news about him working with Holder to end gerrymandering is great. Gerrymandering ending has been one of my dream "if Democrats win" things since the primaries, and that it's already a major goal is incredibly heartening.

Now to catch up on the rest of the thread and see if there's any major things in the last ten pages.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

As a lifelong Marylander it's nice and of course expected that Van Hollen win, but it's still hard picturing a Senate where Mikulski is not reppin' me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Polls only has Dems squeaking NV, too. So no, it's not just Hillary's numbers that are driving it up.

Yeah, but there haven't been a ton of polls recently and one of the 3 most recent ones seems like a huge outlier (Cortez +8; when all of the rest have been Heck +1 or 2 or Cortez +1), so I hope we get some more polls of NV-Sen soon. Because that poll is either a huge outlier that is making NV lean Dem or it could be a harbinger.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sensible Thursday posted:

Clinton is leading by an average of +7 with polling continuing to lean her way. CNN/ORC state polls were all taken last week with some pre-debate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Was there any more substantial evidence or analysis regarding Assange having been grooming kids and that being why his internet access was shut down?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ND judge rejected the charges against Amy Goodman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

If 2012 is anything to go by, Nevada goes much more blue than it polls.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

greatn posted:

Was there any more substantial evidence or analysis regarding Assange having been grooming kids and that being why his internet access was shut down?

Nothing concrete. Some suspicion that it happened at the same time as the RT news bank accounts being frozen.

FlamingLiberal posted:

ND judge rejected the charges against Amy Goodman.

He knows it won't stick, probably, and he's not going to run a case against the 1st Amendment.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

CommieGIR posted:

And this is why the GOP's threats to hold out on Supreme Court nominee's is likely going to fail before it starts, because regardless of their support/removal of support from Trump, their party is hitched to a spacewreck that is currently burning up on reentry.

I hope Hillary nominates the youngest, most liberal justice ever. gently caress these guys so hard, this is now just childish.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

You can just say South Park episode.

Speaking of shows almost universally hated/watched by goons, Family Guy had an unusually topical cutaway gag last night, Peter and Trump on the Access Hollywood bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDAinHgaViI

I can't remember Family Guy ever having something this current in an episode, though I guess it doesn't take much to slightly edit the cutaway setup and swap in a non-animated bit.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

When Hillary wins I want her inauguration speech to just be five minutes of her doing her best Sideshow Bob style laugh as she slowly tears apart a stuffed toy red elephant on top of the podium

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

703 posted:

I hope Hillary nominates the youngest, most liberal justice ever. gently caress these guys so hard, this is now just childish.

Apparently that was Joseph Story in 1812 at age 32. Are we ready for a Millenial justice?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nevada typically polls better for Republicans in presidential years than it ends up being because one of the biggest voting blocks in NV are Latino/Hispanics who are notoriously difficult to poll and ESPECIALLY so in NV where they largely work in shift work. HRC has a way better field operation than Trump in NV. In the Senate race, Heck isn't well liked or well supported by state Republicans and the race has turned pretty negative. It likely floats on turnout and top of the ticket. It's prolly going to be a pick up.

The last four polls of NV Senate: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/nv/nevada_senate_heck_vs_cortez_masto-5982.html

PA and NH will prolly also come down to turnout and margin at the top of the ticket, but McGinty and Hasan are likely going to win.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Spiffster posted:

It's a potential 7 seat shift in play now. if this stays like this It makes you wonder how much of an impact it will have on the house. It will still be red almost assuredly but it'd be nice for a friendlier congress in general.

Yeah I think a small R majority is actually better (for future races) than a small D majority in the house.

Ryan being beholden to the freedom caucus - or alternatively forming a majority coalition with the Dems and moderate republicans - would play well in 2018 and 2020, IMO

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

aBagorn posted:

Yeah I think a small R majority is actually better (for future races) than a small D majority in the house.

Ryan being beholden to the freedom caucus - or alternatively forming a majority coalition with the Dems and moderate republicans would play well in 2018 and 2020, IMO

That sounds like a recipe for horrific and destructive legislation.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh hey who wants MORE POLLS

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/788093114078593024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mahoning posted:

So was Obama's. And we all know he's not eligible.

Seriously though, nobody knows what "natural born citizen" literally means.

No caesarian sections and/or no Alexander Hamiltons. :v:

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Bernie looks ahead

Good read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ohio continues to be awful.

Trump is done without Florida though and HRC has had a narrow lead there in every single poll in the last week and a half.

• Locked thread