Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Zaphod42 posted:

Sure they do, if you do the math right.

101/100 = 1.01

Expressed as a percentage 1.01 x 100 = 101%

....... no common core please .......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

They're useful later in life if you want a great paycheck :cheeky:

Sure they do, if you do the math right.

101/100 = 1.01

Expressed as a percentage 1.01 x 100 = 101%

if by "they" you mean "thousands of dollars spent on another degree" then yes I'm sure you're correct

also blowin my mind irl with them fancypants percentages

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Manager: I expect my employees to literally give me 101 percent!

*Engineer's brow begins twitching*

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

oddium posted:

....... no common core please .......

Percentages aren't loving common core :v: what the hell

Am I really showing you something you don't know by pointing out that .5 = 50% ?

Bicyclops posted:

Manager: I expect my employees to literally give me 101 percent!*

*Engineer's brow begins twitching*

*Compared to performance last month.

As long as you qualify it there's nothing wrong! ;)

CJacobs posted:

When I started learning how to program/code video games as a side hobby I figured "oh no, I'm going to h ave to do all that math stuff I hated in high school". But then I realized that I am sitting at a computer and I can just make the computer do the math for me. v:geno:v

edit: "You're not going to always have a scientific calculator in your pocket", said my high school teacher before the invention of smartphones

We had TI-83s in high school.

And I wrote programs to do the math for me. They made you clear out the calc memory before you could take a test, but if you knew how to re-write the program nobody stopped you :evilbuddy:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 17, 2016

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Anyway, those silhouettes don't match RDR's characters so at least we can be sure it's a sequel and not just a PS4 re-release or something.

But what if we're not sure it's a sequel?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I can't imagine it's a sequel, since the west ain't so wild by the time the game ends. I imagine we'll see a cameo from a younger version of a character or two from redemption. Perhaps one protagonist will be Landon Ricketts.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

What game is this

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's gotta be Persona 2 Innocent Sin, though run through some sort of insanely bad filter on an emulator.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played it but I think it's Persona 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it is persona 2

the pics aren't mine btw, I just found them via google

IMO the first persona 2 was much better than the second persona 2 and they should have switched around some of the plot points because it felt like some of the best parts were in the first one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Percentages aren't loving common core :v: what the hell

Am I really showing you something you don't know by pointing out that .5 = 50% ?

no Zaphod42, I don't believe you are

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I liked Red Dead Redemption but I got tired of it and didn't finish it because it has Rockstar Fatigue problems in its writing and world design. I don't understand the people who wanted to marry it, it was just a decent sandbox game that happened to have way less to do than GTA.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Guys it's a Red Dead Revolver sequel.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

I wish I didn't have to do integrals anymore. gently caress thermodynamics.

Calculus is great, shush.

Also calling new Red Dead title will be "Red Dead Seven."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[me, frantically combing google for translations of seven that begin with "re"]: red dead uh

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The best part of RDR was easily the soundtrack/score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wfNjf1cWRs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

heck to yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQjHkoDip0

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Step in front of a runaway train

just to feel alive again

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lurdiak posted:

I liked Red Dead Redemption but I got tired of it and didn't finish it because it has Rockstar Fatigue problems in its writing and world design. I don't understand the people who wanted to marry it, it was just a decent sandbox game that happened to have way less to do than GTA.

It was only popular because of the dedicated tip hat button

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
A western setting with solid gameplay and story-telling goes a long way. There just aren't a lot of games like it even if it doesn't have as much repetitive content as GTA.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bloodychill posted:

A western setting with solid gameplay and story-telling goes a long way. There just aren't a lot of games like it even if it doesn't have as much repetitive content as GTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbilCDQ7_R4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only other one I can even think of is Gun (which I remember liking when I rented it on PS2) Is Call of Juarez open world idk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The feeling I got from the string of missions on Bonnie's farm, just after Marston gets his poo poo pushed in at the very start of the game, I have never felt again in any Rockstar game I've played since. That game's writing and tone are drat good.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 18, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

FirstAidKite posted:

Step in front of a runaway train

just to feel alive again

Pushing forward through the night

aching chest and blurry sight

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gun was fun at the time but I can't help but feel like Neversoft had gotten spoiled by half a decade of annual Tony Hawk sequels because reading interviews they were already talking about features and time periods they had planned for the sequels but then the actual game was kind of barren and wound up not being successful enough to get a sequel at all.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rumors on the gaf and twitter that United Front Games is getting shutdown.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Gun was fun at the time but I can't help but feel like Neversoft had gotten spoiled by half a decade of annual Tony Hawk sequels because reading interviews they were already talking about features and time periods they had planned for the sequels but then the actual game was kind of barren and wound up not being successful enough to get a sequel at all.

Gun had a really big marketing push, they obviously expected it to do way better than it did.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

It has a really, really strong ending for what it's worth.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

Rumors on the gaf and twitter that United Front Games is getting shutdown.

drat that stinks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It has a really, really strong ending for what it's worth.

[15 year old boy voice] the name's marston

it was neat how each sidequest cutscene had an alternate for the john-starts-jack-picks-up scenario. at least i think they do

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

drat that stinks.

Press starting to report:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/10/17/united-front-games-closes.aspx
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/17/13311832/united-front-games-closure-sleeping-dogs-smash-and-grab

Edit: I wonder how much Disney is to blame...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ƒ′(mario)=giana

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

Press starting to report:

I swear if Infinity turns out to be some sort of cursed project...

Everyone better say a prayer for Ninja Theory. Everyone gather round and say a prayer for them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
call of juarez bound in blood is a really good game btw

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I swear if Infinity turns out to be some sort of cursed project...

Everyone better say a prayer for Ninja Theory. Everyone gather round and say a prayer for them.

Studio Gobo and Sumo Digital too.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
drat their new game was featured as a steam free weekend just now, too. And now it's pulled from the store?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

Studio Gobo and Sumo Digital too.

SEGA needs to to get Sumo Digital back to working on some Sonic All-Star racing goodness. Just throw in everyone at this point as racer. Even some Yakuza dudes it doesn't matter.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

call of juarez bound in blood is a really good game btw
i'll get it eventually, i played the demo and liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What even was this game, I remember seeing ads and then nothing

mutata posted:

idk much about united front or whatever, what's their connection with disney that disney would cause them to go under?

• Locked thread